HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Fantasy Hockey Talk > General Fantasy Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
General Fantasy Talk Forum for fantasy leagues, mock and all time drafts, and hockey video games.

Keeper: Heatley or Kessel

Old
09-11-2011, 05:10 PM
mav0813

vCash: 500
Keeper: Heatley or Kessel

16 teams with 15 keepers

Luongo is on the block and I'm thinking about dealing for him though the other manager expects Fleury to be coming back his way...so I'm trying to come up with a fair proposal including these guys:

I would get:
Luongo + Schneider + (Lucic or JVR)

He would get:
Fleury + (Heatley or Kessel) + Setoguchi (is a non-keeper)
**he has expressed interest in Kessel and Seto

Is it possible to make a fair deal? If I'm going to take Luongo, I definitely would want some insurance in Schneider since I'm forced to keep Theodore to get additional starts with Markstrom in the farm.

Thoughts?

----
Edit: changed the title since this now about Heatley vs. Kessel (I know I want Luongo and Schneider)

Last edited by mav0813: 09-11-2011 at 06:59 PM.
mav0813 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-11-2011, 06:14 PM
Legendary319

Do that immediately...JVR over Lucic by a mile as well and let Heatley go over Kessel

Legendary319 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-11-2011, 06:56 PM
mav0813

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legendary319 View Post
Do that immediately...JVR over Lucic by a mile as well and let Heatley go over Kessel
I like JVR but I'm not sure about Heatley and Kessel.

Heater will have Koivu and Kessel will have Connolly. Heatley still would have at least 3 solid years in Minny...ahh...am I undervaluing Kessel?

My problem with Kessel is consistency. Heatley should be able to get to the numbers he put up in his 1st year with the Sharks and he usually has dual positions. Then again I hear his attitude may be a problem. If I'm crazy and should be holding onto Kessel then please chime in!

Old
09-11-2011, 07:10 PM
Legendary319

Kessel's basement Low30's G and mid 60's pts is what Heatley will put up moving forward if he has a good season. It's not even gonna be close in a keeper moving forward, Kessel by far with complete certainty.

Old
09-11-2011, 08:33 PM
Eamonn*

Heatley will probably do more damage over the next 1-2 years but Kessel will be a consistent 30/30 guy and thats without a number 1 center.. once Toronto lands one you should expect him to hit 40 goals and 80 points a few times in his career.

Eamonn* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-11-2011, 08:37 PM
Ruslan Zainullin

keep heatley, let kessel go, do the deal.

Ruslan Zainullin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-12-2011, 03:09 AM
mav0813

There was some renegotiation going on and this is what it came down to...so which team would you prefer to have pre-draft (its a 16 team/15 keeper league so the draft doesn't have much leftover)?

Team A:

C - Malkin, Pavelski, Couture, Schenn
LW - Heatley, JVR, Morrow
RW - Giroux, Hornqvist, Little
D - Boyle, Pietrangelo, (TBD), (TBD)
G - Luongo, Theodore, Schneider, Markstrom

or

Team B:

LW - Heatley, Morrow, Neal
RW - Giroux, Kessel, Hornqvist
G - Fleury, Theodore, Markstrom

I'm leaning towards A...I lose Kessel, but I gain a better LW in JVR, a solid goalie prospect in Schneider, and Luongo will probably put up better numbers with the Canucks. Little...could be a candidate to hit 25+ goals and 50 points. Heater will probably have a better season than Kessel this year making my team a contender for the playoffs.

Last edited by mav0813: 09-12-2011 at 03:21 AM.
Old
09-12-2011, 08:55 AM
Legendary319

Quote:
Originally Posted by mav0813 View Post
There was some renegotiation going on and this is what it came down to...so which team would you prefer to have pre-draft (its a 16 team/15 keeper league so the draft doesn't have much leftover)?

Team A:

LW - Heatley, JVR, Morrow
RW - Giroux, Hornqvist, Little
G - Luongo, Theodore, Schneider, Markstrom

or

Team B:

LW - Heatley, Morrow, Neal
RW - Giroux, Kessel, Hornqvist
G - Fleury, Theodore, Markstrom

I'm leaning towards A...I lose Kessel, but I gain a better LW in JVR, a solid goalie prospect in Schneider, and Luongo will probably put up better numbers with the Canucks. Little...could be a candidate to hit 25+ goals and 50 points. Heater will probably have a better season than Kessel this year making my team a contender for the playoffs.

Firstly Giroux will likely be C not RW as that is what he's slated to play in PHI this season

Second you under-value Kessel considerably and hold on to perceived name value of Heatley from seasons ago so yuo are setting yourself up for a fall if you hold on to Heatley over Kessel.

Third what is happening to Neal? he is more than suitable #2 LW in PIT playing with one of Crosby or Malkin and both on the Top PP unit, Morrow is awful on the other hand, cannot skate, and by extension cannot generate his own consistent offensive production outside of banging home garbage in front on his absolute best night. With Eriksson-Benn-Ribiero-Goligoski and now Souray in the mix I wouldn't be surprised to see Morrow off the top PP unit altogether this season if Benn plays anywhere near his potential capacity (as I expect will happen). Neal is your #2 LW and a plenty suitable one.

All in all team A is better of the two, but Girox will be moved to C and lose RW eligibility which, without Kessel, you are severely screwed where as LW with JVR and Neal you are solid for years to come. Cut the cord on Heatley and retain Kessel.

Old
09-12-2011, 03:58 PM
Phion Keneuf
Bang Bang

Kessel > Heatley ... its not even close ... Kessel is only 23 ...

Phion Keneuf is online now   Reply With Quote