HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Fantasy Hockey Talk > General Fantasy Talk
General Fantasy Talk Forum for fantasy leagues, mock and all time drafts, and hockey video games.

NHL 12 Thread Part IV: The Release

Closed Thread

Old
09-11-2011, 09:42 PM
Fenza
G-Rouxnit

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Biotic View Post
I got a question, which I probably already know the answer but here it goes.

Can we finally see goalie career wins in stats? since 2007 it never shows their career stats, just the past 3 seasons and under their career stat it still shows goals and points FOR a goalie

EA has had YEARS to fix this, and hasn't done it because they don't feel like it or people don't care about career goalie wins (I do )
Thank you. I always say the same thing too. It should show career wins, GAA, and SV%.

Old
09-11-2011, 09:51 PM
JVR21
G

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaf Land View Post
What wrong with that it's true
It's a pretty weak list to try to convince someone to buy a $60 game.

Old
09-11-2011, 09:53 PM
Thepainter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dougie27Seguin19 View Post
People like to ****ing complain, you guys are acting like 10 year old girlss!

The game is awsome, if your not happy with the demo, just dont buy the game, i love nhl 12 and will enjoy

- added HuT features
- better aim engine
- alot of stuff

Just play and be happy we have the chance to play a hockey game
Please, just stop. If this game was $5 - $10, then you might have a right to begin the EA lovefest.

But for $60+, this game has failed miserably. EA has redefined the word lazy with this release, and it's sad to see how they are taking advantage of us (the consumer) because they know they are the only game in town. So no, we won't just "be happy" because EA has completely dropped the ball with NHL12. Rammer really needs to be fired, along with a majority of the team.

Hopefully, 2k gets their ***** together.

Old
09-11-2011, 10:05 PM
StreetSharks
#19 Joe Trollton

vCash: 327
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenza View Post
Thank you. I always say the same thing too. It should show career wins, GAA, and SV%.
Boggles the mind how no one else cares about this.

Old
09-11-2011, 10:41 PM
RevUpThoseGolfCarts
Experts at losing

You all knew it was only a patched NHL 11 months ago.

Then the demo came out and you all saw some of the new features in action. However, it was still pretty obvious it was only a slightly modified NHL 11.

And yet some of you still bought it. Some even paying $25 extra to get it sooner.

Old
09-11-2011, 11:00 PM
Ashe

The bigger question is, why don't you guys who complain here, go complain on the actual EA boards where it actually matters, and gets read. Or maybe our "HFboards Rep" Who gets to go play the game, will actually pound things in the developers head, how the biggest hockey forum on the internet, is pissed off about the little things.

You can't expect changes unless you make a solid effort to get them. The same 100 people have a lovefest with eachother on the EA forums, because they learn how to break the game, and dont tell anyone else about it. How do you think the EASHL speed/accel not working started, or the being able to equip +5boost in all the slots made it into the game for so long?

Old
09-11-2011, 11:13 PM
LilySmoov

CPU offers me trade
I click "Edit trade"
I don't make any edits to the trade
I click Accept trade
"The modifications you made to our last proposal are way too lopsided in your favour..."

Old
09-11-2011, 11:18 PM
DAkings20
Kings can't score

How is BAP this year? Can someone give me a rundown?

Old
09-11-2011, 11:28 PM
glasgow26

How is BAGM this year? It's really the only mode I play. I've heard they haven't added any new features, which sucks, but how are the improvements to the game mode as a whole?

Things like trading, drafting, player progression, simming games, etc?

Old
09-11-2011, 11:37 PM
broinwhyteridge
bro license revoked!

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashe View Post
The bigger question is, why don't you guys who complain here, go complain on the actual EA boards where it actually matters, and gets read. Or maybe our "HFboards Rep" Who gets to go play the game, will actually pound things in the developers head, how the biggest hockey forum on the internet, is pissed off about the little things.
I have news for you; it doesn't matter there either.

Old
09-12-2011, 01:16 AM
Sokil
Ukraine Specialitsky

This feels weird. I only played the demo a handful of times (normally I play it to death till midnight release) and got bored....it definitely felt and looked like a slightly patched NHL11.

I was really hoping that this year, in lieu of plateauing with the gameplay, they would try to up the graphics and just give the game more polish when compared to other studio's AAA releases. The game looks identical to NHL07. Still. This is ridiculous.

I won't be buying this year. There are far too many good top-shelf titles coming out this quarter for me to justify dropping like $80 (tax included) on the same game I stopped playing months ago. I don't play online so I have no incentive there.

Voting with my wallet for once. Meh. Can't wait till the next gen of consoles, hopefully they'll step things up technically to wow people into buying machines and we'll get a real improvement for once.

Old
09-12-2011, 01:18 AM
Sokil
Ukraine Specialitsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDz View Post
I have news for you; it doesn't matter there either.
The last time we got a major overhaul of the game was after the NHL05/NHL06 debacle where I assume 2K was actually making headway for once.

Old
09-12-2011, 02:20 AM
PALE PWNR

vCash: 1050
One of the most frustrating things about the game so far is on D if the opposition uses the high dump and it goes over your head off the back boards as it usually does your guy never turns around whther you are holding LT or not. It just lines me up for anyone who has any checking on the forecheck. I cant use a power move to quickly turn out of a hit. I cant move quick enough to the left or right to move away. I cant hug the boards cuz Im facing the wrong way. I cant face teh boards as to get the forward to back off a bit in fear of a boarding call. All I can do is attempt to rifle it around the boards before I get hit after I take 10 minutes to chorale the puck and then get laid out. Its one of the stupidest things they could do. I cant even control when I want to turn around when going back in the zone either. I hate it more then any other thing wrong in the game

Old
09-12-2011, 02:30 AM
ConoR187

Send a message via AIM to ConoR187
Been playing a lot of EASHL and versus play, couple things.

- This game is fun as hell.. FINALLY no backhand glitch, curve shots, etc.
- I didnt play a lot of EASHL in 11, but the A.I. defenseman are awful sometimes
- Hitting is not as good as 11, I feel if they just toned down the amount of huge hits in 11 and put it in 12 it would have been perfect
- "Battles in front of the net" are basically magnetized, pretty dumb imo.

I havent played a lot of be a gm or offline be a pro, but tbh i think this game is worth it just because of the fact that I love playing competitively on this game and there is no BS (yet, please god dont let kids ruin it), you actually have to know/be good at hockey to win.

Old
09-12-2011, 02:52 AM
Drunkspleen
Face of the company

Quote:
Originally Posted by PALE PWNR View Post
One of the most frustrating things about the game so far is on D if the opposition uses the high dump and it goes over your head off the back boards as it usually does your guy never turns around whther you are holding LT or not. It just lines me up for anyone who has any checking on the forecheck. I cant use a power move to quickly turn out of a hit. I cant move quick enough to the left or right to move away. I cant hug the boards cuz Im facing the wrong way. I cant face teh boards as to get the forward to back off a bit in fear of a boarding call. All I can do is attempt to rifle it around the boards before I get hit after I take 10 minutes to chorale the puck and then get laid out. Its one of the stupidest things they could do. I cant even control when I want to turn around when going back in the zone either. I hate it more then any other thing wrong in the game
Have you tried turning off auto back skate?

I could be wrong but in the older games that would change what you are talking about.

Old
09-12-2011, 03:11 AM
TheFlyingV
Anatidaephobia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashe View Post

You can't expect changes unless you make a solid effort to get them. The same 100 people have a lovefest with eachother on the EA forums, because they learn how to break the game, and dont tell anyone else about it. How do you think the EASHL speed/accel not working started, or the being able to equip +5boost in all the slots made it into the game for so long?
Not only do the developers sparingly read the EA forums but most negative feedback is deleted/hidden by moderators.

Old
09-12-2011, 05:17 AM
Dellstrom
The new age

Nothing really positive except for EASHL so far in this thread. That's the main thing I play, but I'm getting kind of skeptical.

Old
09-12-2011, 07:08 AM
Shrimper
Trick or ruddy treat

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAkings20 View Post
How is BAP this year? Can someone give me a rundown?
Much Improved.

Old
09-12-2011, 07:45 AM
elias026

how is the sim engine in Be a GM?

Old
09-12-2011, 08:56 AM
Stasis
Mad Decent

I reserved a copy at my local store a while back, but I'm really not sure I'll bother picking it up now. I tried the demo and wasn't impressed... the game felt weird to me, it's hard to explain but I didn't like the way the players skated. It didn't feel like NHL11 at all, but in a bad way. Anyone else experience it that way?

I'm really only interested in BAGM, so until a few people chime in with reports on that mode, I'm putting a hold on this I think.

Old
09-12-2011, 09:11 AM
Indy on the Road
From the ground up

The best way to voice your displeasure is to simply not buy it.

Old
09-12-2011, 09:23 AM
Bridges31
Goon? Lol

I don't care if this game gets 1 star out of 5, I will still end up blindly giving EA $60 every year. It never fails.

Old
09-12-2011, 09:55 AM
BigTuna49
RIP KevFist

vCash: 1165
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenza View Post
It's not something I think a lot about but when I see it, it does bother me. It's something so simple to fix and I don't understand why I'm looking at a goalies career points instead of wins.

Old
09-12-2011, 09:58 AM
Fire Sather
Play Like a Pug

Send a message via AIM to Fire Sather
It really pays to trade in old games to justify a new game purchase.

I traded in NHL11, FIFA11, COD Blk Ops and NBA 2K11. Got me Madden 12 and $20 towards NHL12.

Old
09-12-2011, 10:16 AM
Injury Prone Stastny
Can't Trade Me!

Well, I have played it and so far its pretty decent.

I love the hitting.

Skated across the ice at a guy coming up the boards, smoked him, fell on top of him, got a roughing penalty.

Then Gary Thorne said 'what a hit! that'll be on NHL.com's top 10 for sure'.

Beauty.

Closed Thread