HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Notices

If Nedved is signed, does anyone else see York as traded?

Closed Thread

Old
08-16-2004, 07:45 PM
Oi'll say!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mackdogs
I can't see them moving #16, he's like MacT's dream come true. He seems to thrive in the mixmaster line system and has done what he's been asked to do - everything. Trading away York + whatever it might take would be the opposite of Lowe's plan about this year. This is the year we are supposed to stop trading proven players for up and comers. If we can ink a real #1 C and let York do his job on the 2nd line and of course some PP/PK time we'll be laughing.

Am I the only one who would rather have York than Nedved? Similar point totals (pro-rated over 82 games) and he can play D.
That's pretty much how I see it.

York plays all 3 forward positions, on the pk, the pp as a fwd and the pp point. When a guy with his versatility is on a hot streak he can do absolutely anything that needs to be done and he is a perfect short-term or long-term fit for any injured top 6 fwd.

Sure anyone is tradeable but York is more valuable here than any other fwd we've got including Hemsky and Smyth imo.

Old
08-16-2004, 07:46 PM
Narnia
HFBoards Sponsor

Send a message via MSN to Narnia
To honestly tell you, I think there's room for both on the team. I'd like to see a York-Nedved-Dvorak line and call them the Manhattan Line. In the Hockey Forecaster, York is listed as RW-C-LW, so he can basically play all three positions.

08-16-2004, 08:06 PM
Mr Sakich

we all know that MacT loves to overplay his checking line. The only problem is that, when our checking line gets 20 minutes, that is 20 minutes we don't score a lot of goals. I would like to see a checking line with teeth.

Ethan - York - Izzy

This could be izzy's best chance to break out. Ethan and Izzy are big enough to play against the bertuzzi's and Iginla's. York is smart enough to help these guys to career years. I would luv to see this line get 20 minutes a night against the other team/s top line. I think the rest of our forwards could beat the rest of most other teams' forwards.

Old
08-16-2004, 09:22 PM
Lowetide

The only negative about York is size. I guess you could stretch it and say he gets hurt, but last one's injury was a freaky kind of thing.

Smart, smart player who can pass, take a pass, shoot, is handy around the net and rarely if ever is the last guy back. Finds open ice, takes a hit to make a play and from all that we've read is a good team mate. Doesn't avoid high traffic areas and I haven't seen him intimidated despite the fact that he gives up quite a bit in almost every battle.

Wonderful hockey player.

Old
08-16-2004, 09:33 PM
oildrop

When healthy York is pretty much our best player. He does all the little things right and he always works his butt off. He puts up the points and he can play any forward position without any trouble. I highly doubt the Oilers trade York and if they do I will be really upset, as will many other Oilers fans I'm sure.

Old
08-16-2004, 10:43 PM
igor*

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowetide
The only negative about York is size. I guess you could stretch it and say he gets hurt, but last one's injury was a freaky kind of thing.

Smart, smart player who can pass, take a pass, shoot, is handy around the net and rarely if ever is the last guy back. Finds open ice, takes a hit to make a play and from all that we've read is a good team mate. Doesn't avoid high traffic areas and I haven't seen him intimidated despite the fact that he gives up quite a bit in almost every battle.

Wonderful hockey player.
Ya, that pretty much sums up my feeling about this guy too.

That and (as someone else has said) he'd be more effective if he was shooting a bit more accurately. Last year on the PP he had a lot of chances to score and didn't pot as many as I would have hoped (not open net, but a decent amount of net to shoot at in close).

Then again, its a catch22, because if he was a better shooter he'd be too expensive for this market.

All in all ... I hope he is an Oiler for a long while.

Old
08-16-2004, 11:32 PM
Matts

Yeah I'm a big fan as well

one of the few guys that cna pick a corner and he always gives a great effort. I'm as worried as anyone about his durability and if he misses down the stretch again this year then I think that will be the official book on him.

Old
08-16-2004, 11:42 PM
Narnia
HFBoards Sponsor

Send a message via MSN to Narnia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matts
one of the few guys that cna pick a corner and he always gives a great effort. I'm as worried as anyone about his durability and if he misses down the stretch again this year then I think that will be the official book on him.
Simple solution. Don't play him when the Oilers play in Colorado. The last 2 seasons York got injured it happened in Colorado.

Old
08-16-2004, 11:48 PM
Mizral

I strongly feel Mike York is the best player the Oilers have. Even better than Nedved if he resigns. I think moving him would be a potentially devestating move to the franchise.

Old
08-16-2004, 11:50 PM
oiler4ever

i agree with healthy York, oilers will have 70 point player maybe more depends on who he plays with.

Old
08-16-2004, 11:53 PM
Vyse64
N64

vCash: 611
Send a message via MSN to Vyse64
if he keeps playing with Torres or Dvorak i don't think anyone can stop them from getting a good 60 points a season

Old
08-19-2004, 01:22 AM
Oi'll say!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay Thompson
I strongly feel Mike York is the best player the Oilers have. Even better than Nedved if he resigns. I think moving him would be a potentially devestating move to the franchise.
I agree with Miz, this has to be a sign of the apocalypse.

Old
08-19-2004, 01:31 AM
Cloned
Sexy Genesis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay Thompson
Agreed. If he is moved, the ONLY ways I could see it happening would be in a trade for a #1/#2 overall pick or a trade for a big name young player (something like a package trade for Horton and Weiss, for example).

Old
08-19-2004, 03:34 PM
NinjaSteve

I can't see the Oilers trading away York...

I pretty much agree with everyone else here... there's absolutely no way we trade York unless we're getting something substantial back... on another note... I was looking over some old posts and igor was discussing "playing the tough minutes" and he said that York's EV + and EV - minutes as a centre were very good... you don't happen to actually have those numbers still do you igor? I was kinda curious to see what the difference was when York was playing centre vs the wing (considering so many people want him playing wing) ...
Maybe I'll just PM you

Closed Thread