HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk > Polls - (hockey-related only)

Poll:When will the CBA get signed!

View Poll Results: When will the CBA get signed
After the World Cup of Hockey 9 19.15%
Late September 5 10.64%
Early October 6 12.77%
Before Training Camp 8 17.02%
October-December 2004 19 40.43%
Voters: 47. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old
08-16-2004, 05:39 PM
StealthSoldier

vCash: 500
When will the CBA get signed!

After the World Cup

Late September

Early October

Before Training Camp

October-December 2004

Last edited by StealthSoldier: 08-16-2004 at 05:42 PM.
Old
08-16-2004, 05:54 PM
leaflover
New hope

vCash: 4850
I'll pick option 6
Sometime in 2005.

Old
08-16-2004, 06:25 PM
djhn579

Quote:
Originally Posted by leaflover
I'll pick option 6
Sometime in 2005.
I'm with you, but I'll guess sometime around Feb, if it's not done then, nothing will get done until Aug/Sept 2005...

Old
08-16-2004, 06:51 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

i'll bet dollars to donuts it's late night, september 14-15.

betcha.

Old
08-16-2004, 07:14 PM
leaflover
New hope

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomorekids
i'll bet dollars to donuts it's late night, september 14-15.

betcha.
I hope you're right.

Old
08-16-2004, 07:18 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by leaflover
I hope you're right.

You just can't take all this posturing seriously. Neither side wants to let on that progress is being made or that they're close to "giving in," but if the owners are as greedy as we know they are and the players are as greedy as we think they are...no one wants to lose the billions of dollars at stake. A new CBA will be signed, and neither side will be completely satisfied.

Old
08-16-2004, 07:24 PM
CH Wizard

Send a message via MSN to CH Wizard
Quote:
You just can't take all this posturing seriously. Neither side wants to let on that progress is being made or that they're close to "giving in," but if the owners are as greedy as we know they are and the players are as greedy as we think they are...no one wants to lose the billions of dollars at stake. A new CBA will be signed, and neither side will be completely satisfied.
You're making sense.For me they are making that just for the show.They'll sign the CBA at the last minute IMO.They know that if there is a lockout it's gonna be the KO.Many players won't recome from Europe , they will loose a lot of fans.I am in MTL and a lot of fans here are hungry.They saying that they are laughing at us and they forgot us , Bettman know that he'll loose a LOT of money as like you said .I am with you.I am taking the option after the world cup like ( sep 14-15).

Old
08-16-2004, 08:46 PM
tripledekehockey

Send a message via ICQ to tripledekehockey Send a message via AIM to tripledekehockey
dec 04

Old
08-16-2004, 09:38 PM
leaflover
New hope

Quote:
Personally i doubt that the lack of news,either positive or negative is a sign of anything other than a roadblock.Bettman and Goodenow along with the owners and NHLPA are IMO still far apart.The numbers such as the 31 million dollar cap will never be agreed to by the players,and the revenue sharing in whichever form its taken on lately is of no interest to the owners.
Some of these guys are making 6,7,8 million a year,thats 25% of the proposed salary cap.You think they would ever vote for a deal that will almost guarantee a 50%+ cut in wages,i know i wouldn't.Then there are the wealthy owners that generate tremendous amounts of revenue because they are in the right market.Again do we think these owners will want to share with those that are either in a poorer market or have simply mismanaged their franchises to the point where they're losing money,again i think not.
The CBA negotiations would have a chance at september success if all parties from both sides were in agreement amongst themselves(owners with owners,players with players)but they aren't.Too much division amongst the members of both sides is likely to drag this out for much longer than it should be.
I hope i'm wrong,but having taken part in CBA negotiations myself i know how easily talks can breakdown and how quickly negativity and stubborness can creep up.And believe me,my union brothers and myself were not negotiating anything anywhere near as critical as what these parties are dealing with.
I look at how many different angles the owners have tried to put on these negotiations and it scares me.They should have all been in agreement years ago and put forth a firm proposal they were satisfied with and stuck to it.
I honestly doubt there has been any significant progress,again thats just MHO.

Old
08-16-2004, 09:59 PM
Phanuthier*

Guess: Lockout lasts 1.5 years if the players fold

After reading a writer of Calgarypuck.com, I'm convinced that is when it'll get settled. Owners get maximal profit (because of playoffs) and players can't afford to give up that half a season. Any resolution will likely be just before the half season cutoff.

Old
08-16-2004, 10:22 PM
Tap on the Ankle
Nobody remembers No2

I'm with nomorekids on this one... worst case scenario, a new CBA will be signed in mid to late September, and it won't look much different than the current one. While it's cute to hear that the owners are serious this time, they have far more at stake on this than the players. If anyone folds, it will be them.

Old
08-17-2004, 10:28 AM
macho232

Quote:
Originally Posted by djhn579
I'm with you, but I'll guess sometime around Feb, if it's not done then, nothing will get done until Aug/Sept 2005...
I agree, It'll either get done before the deadline to save the season, or just before next season. You have to give these guys a deadline or the just F@#K around and do nothing but complain. (Both sides)

Old
08-17-2004, 10:55 AM
DownFromNJ

Before the CBA expires.

Old
08-18-2004, 06:23 AM
dumpnchase

Sometime next year

Closed Thread