HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Corey Stillman

Closed Thread

Old
08-17-2004, 04:26 PM
ChrisKreider20
Oh Hai Guise

vCash: 500
I think they should sign Kariya... He stunk last year because he didn't have to play his best on a stacked team. This guy thrives on being an underdog and is one of the best captains in the league....
Sign Rucinsky as well.....

Kariya- Lundmark- Jagr (this line would help Lundmark "breakout")
Rucinsky- Nylander- Balej (Good for Balej)
Murray- Holik- Ortmeyer (Line with heart and defensive presence)
McKenna- Gernander- Scott (Leadership + grit)

Tyutin- Kasparaitis (No-Brainer)
Poti- Rachunek (Only other that could help cover Poti's mistakes)
Pock- Lampman/ Kondratiev (Pocks good but needs to work on defensive play)

Dunham
Labarbera (May play well as a normal backup to dunham)

Old
08-17-2004, 04:41 PM
barnaby63

Quote:
Originally Posted by AG9NK35DT8
i would rather see stillman with ....

stillman- lundmark - balej
wiseman - nylander -jagr

get wiseman time with some good scoring vets. im high on wiseman i think he can turn out to be a 20-25 goal man. i think nyr will be very shocked with what the kid can do. if nyr does not want wiseman , then place him on the 3rd and or 4th line, and sign some young kid to play on line one lw.
So have 3 small fowards who cant play defense all that well on the same line together, and then have Chad Wiseman playing with our top fowards because YOU think he can score 20-25 in the NHL?

Let me ask you this, has Wiseman ever scored 20-25 goals in the AHL?

Old
08-17-2004, 04:45 PM
barnaby63

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rancid
I think they should sign Kariya... He stunk last year because he didn't have to play his best on a stacked team. This guy thrives on being an underdog and is one of the best captains in the league....
Sign Rucinsky as well.....

Kariya- Lundmark- Jagr (this line would help Lundmark "breakout")
Rucinsky- Nylander- Balej (Good for Balej)
Murray- Holik- Ortmeyer (Line with heart and defensive presence)
McKenna- Gernander- Scott (Leadership + grit)

Tyutin- Kasparaitis (No-Brainer)
Poti- Rachunek (Only other that could help cover Poti's mistakes)
Pock- Lampman/ Kondratiev (Pocks good but needs to work on defensive play)

Dunham
Labarbera (May play well as a normal backup to dunham)

Great rebuilding team.

So you would sign Paul Kariya, Martin Rucinsky, Steve McKenna and have 60 year old Ken Gernander on the 4th line? And then you put Richard Scott on the 4th line? The guy is useless.

With that lineup there, you are blocking Dominic Moore, Blair Betts, Chad Wiseman, Alexander Giroux, Petr Prucha, Dwight Helminen and Jarkko Immonen. Good job.

And Lundmark isnt even a 1st line LW'er, so to have him as 1st line center is stupid.

Old
08-17-2004, 06:24 PM
ChrisKreider20
Oh Hai Guise

Quote:
Originally Posted by barnaby63
Great rebuilding team.

So you would sign Paul Kariya, Martin Rucinsky, Steve McKenna and have 60 year old Ken Gernander on the 4th line? And then you put Richard Scott on the 4th line? The guy is useless.

With that lineup there, you are blocking Dominic Moore, Blair Betts, Chad Wiseman, Alexander Giroux, Petr Prucha, Dwight Helminen and Jarkko Immonen. Good job.

And Lundmark isnt even a 1st line LW'er, so to have him as 1st line center is stupid.

Lundmarks a natural centre. And playing with those guys will help him rack up points. for example...Mike Knuble 20 point man paired with thornton and samsonov became a 50+ point man.

I don't think Wiseman, Giroux, are ready. Prucha and Immonen need AHL experience. Moore can't make the team since centre is jammed up...He'll need to play AHL until an injury. Betts is an injury ridden average player. So maybe we'll put him in place of gernander.

McKenna helps Leadership...and he tries hard...most people want him here as well as alot of people want Rucinsky back... My only real suggestion is adding a great player, leader, LWer like kariya. He will certainly help the young ones...

So I'll change up the 4th Line...
Revised Lines
Kariya- Nylander- Jagr
Rucinsky- Lundmark- Balej
Murray-Holik- Ortmeyer
McKenna- Moore- Scott (they need a tough guy- give me an alternative)

Old
08-17-2004, 06:50 PM
Bob Froese

Quote:
So have 3 small fowards who cant play defense all that well on the same line together, and then have Chad Wiseman playing with our top fowards because YOU think he can score 20-25 in the NHL?

Let me ask you this, has Wiseman ever scored 20-25 goals in the AHL?
well wiseman is listed as 6'0" 200lbs that is'nt really that small, look around the league and see what players are having great carreers , i will name a few, mike comrie,martin havlat, chris drury, even jason blake had a couple good seasons and he is a small guy. but enough with that and to your second ? wiseman has put up good #'s in the ahl already, once again your always shooting your mouth off and most of the time dont know what your talking about or going around the boards making absolutley shameful trade propposals but any way here are his stats

here i will just take this out to let you see ( 2003-04 Hartford AHL 62 25 27=52 points you see the 25 there thats for the goals he scored, u understand , right?)
2003-04 Rangers NHL 4 1 0 1 0 - - - - hmmmmm. ahl stats dont look to bad to me .and 1 goal in 4 games is ok,at the nhl level. will be better when he gets good time.

Season Club League GP G A PTS PIM GP G A PTS PIM
1998-99 Mississauga OHL 64 11 25 36 29 - - - - -
1999-00 Mississauga OHL 68 23 45 68 53 - - - - -
2000-01 Mississauga OHL 30 15 29 44 22 - - - - -
2000-01 Plymouth OHL 32 11 16 27 12 19 12 8 20 22
2001-02 Cleveland AHL 76 21 29 50 61 - - - - -
2002-03 San Jose NHL 4 0 0 0 4 - - - - -
2002-03 Cleveland AHL 77 17 35 52 44 - - - - -
2003-04 Hartford AHL 62 25 27 52 45
2003-04 Rangers NHL 4 1 0 1 0 - - - - -
NHL Totals 8 1 0 1 4 0 0 0 0

to everyone else like i said i think give wiseman a shot and he will suprise most, imo.

Last edited by Bob Froese: 08-17-2004 at 06:54 PM.
Old
08-17-2004, 07:42 PM
Edge

Ah screw it let's just sign everyone.

I mean rebuilding is for losers.

Bobmarley needs to be entertained dang it!

Cmon guys let's do it for Bobby!

Old
08-17-2004, 07:48 PM
HughJass*

Send a message via AIM to HughJass* Send a message via Yahoo to HughJass*
Quote:
Originally Posted by homerneedsdonut
Stillman is OK. Let's face facts. Nobody cares about Tampa or 95% of the other teams in the league. That is why even a rebuilding team in NY has more appeal to most then Tampa. Watching paint dry in Tampa is usually a fun filled evening.

I'd rather go for Bondra. He probably would take a 1 or 2 year deal at around 2.5.

Whackiness out of left field. Hmmm, Tampa just won the Cup....

Old
08-17-2004, 08:52 PM
barnaby63

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Froese
well wiseman is listed as 6'0" 200lbs that is'nt really that small, look around the league and see what players are having great carreers , i will name a few, mike comrie,martin havlat, chris drury, even jason blake had a couple good seasons and he is a small guy. but enough with that and to your second ? wiseman has put up good #'s in the ahl already, once again your always shooting your mouth off and most of the time dont know what your talking about or going around the boards making absolutley shameful trade propposals but any way here are his stats

here i will just take this out to let you see ( 2003-04 Hartford AHL 62 25 27=52 points you see the 25 there thats for the goals he scored, u understand , right?)
2003-04 Rangers NHL 4 1 0 1 0 - - - - hmmmmm. ahl stats dont look to bad to me .and 1 goal in 4 games is ok,at the nhl level. will be better when he gets good time.

Season Club League GP G A PTS PIM GP G A PTS PIM
1998-99 Mississauga OHL 64 11 25 36 29 - - - - -
1999-00 Mississauga OHL 68 23 45 68 53 - - - - -
2000-01 Mississauga OHL 30 15 29 44 22 - - - - -
2000-01 Plymouth OHL 32 11 16 27 12 19 12 8 20 22
2001-02 Cleveland AHL 76 21 29 50 61 - - - - -
2002-03 San Jose NHL 4 0 0 0 4 - - - - -
2002-03 Cleveland AHL 77 17 35 52 44 - - - - -
2003-04 Hartford AHL 62 25 27 52 45
2003-04 Rangers NHL 4 1 0 1 0 - - - - -
NHL Totals 8 1 0 1 4 0 0 0 0

to everyone else like i said i think give wiseman a shot and he will suprise most, imo.

So are you saying Chad Wiseman is the next Marty Havlat or Chris Drury? Cause Wiseman cant even hold there jockstrap.

My point was that he never scored 25 goals, but to say that he will be a 25 goal scorer in the NHL after doing it ONCE in the AHL is reaching a little bit.

Wiseman is more likely to be a hard working 10 goal scorer in the NHL if played with similar teammates.

But i see i will always be hounded by the group of posters who cant write or spell whenever i post.

Kids.

Old
08-17-2004, 08:54 PM
barnaby63

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edge

Exactly.

We want a rebuild!

But lets sign Rucinsky, Kariya, Hamrlik, Hasek, Stillman, McKenna, Samuelsson or trade our farm for Thorton.

Idiots.

Old
08-17-2004, 09:00 PM
barnaby63

Quote:
Lundmarks a natural centre. And playing with those guys will help him rack up points. for example...Mike Knuble 20 point man paired with thornton and samsonov became a 50+ point man.

I don't think Wiseman, Giroux, are ready. Prucha and Immonen need AHL experience. Moore can't make the team since centre is jammed up...He'll need to play AHL until an injury. Betts is an injury ridden average player. So maybe we'll put him in place of gernander.

McKenna helps Leadership...and he tries hard...most people want him here as well as alot of people want Rucinsky back... My only real suggestion is adding a great player, leader, LWer like kariya. He will certainly help the young ones...

So I'll change up the 4th Line...
Revised Lines
Kariya- Nylander- Jagr
Rucinsky- Lundmark- Balej
Murray-Holik- Ortmeyer
McKenna- Moore- Scott (they need a tough guy- give me an alternative)

Yes Lundmark is a natural center but that doesnt mean he is a 1st line center.

Wiseman and Giroux have pretty much nothing left to prove in the AHL. The both of them have proven to be solid parts to there teams and are getting to the age where they must put up or shutup. Might as well let them prove themselves instead of blocking them with another useless vet.

I agree Prucha and Immonen need AHL experience, but Kariya will block Prucha for the next 2-3 years since it will take that long of a contract for him to even think of signing here, including a nice sized contract which would prevent us from trading him when Prucha is ready.

Dominic Moore is blocked at center because of YOUR additions! Get Gernander out of there, put Lundmark back on the wing and let Moore and Betts battle for the 4th spot. Competition is good for a team and by signing vets and essentially giving spots away the team lacks drive. Havent you watched the last 7 years???

An alternative to Scott? Anybody. He is still suffering from that punch he took from Cairns and cant skate right now.

In fact, I would love to give Craig Weller a shot at being a part-time 4th liner who would drop the gloves. And we also signed Jason Strudwick.

Rucinsky-Nylander-Jagr
Lundmark-?-Balej
Murray-Holik-Ortmeyer
Wiseman/Giroux-Betts/Moore-Strudwick

That looks alot better in the short and long term for the Rangers than your veteran laden "rebuilding" lineup.

Flexability is good.

Old
08-17-2004, 09:03 PM
Edge

Quote:
Flexability is good.
Thank God.....someone was listening.

Old
08-18-2004, 02:36 PM
majicpixie

Send a message via ICQ to majicpixie Send a message via AIM to majicpixie Send a message via MSN to majicpixie
I'd like to know who else here besides me has seen Chad Wiseman play 2 years of professional hockey? Chad has been really underestimated his first 3 years as a pro. You can't judge a player strictly by stats without ever really seeing him play.

I thought the Rangers are in the process of "rebuilding", isn't part of that giving some of the youth in your system a shot? That does include Chad, who would have finished first on the Pack this year if we hadn't acquired Balej. If you guys want someone who's only a goal scorer, then take Mirolsav Zalesak from San Jose. He puts up big numbers, but he never plays D. Between the two of them, I'd definitely rather have a really good 2-way, all-around, scrappy, scorer like Chad on my team.

Old
08-18-2004, 03:08 PM
BobMarleyNYR

Send a message via AIM to BobMarleyNYR
Quote:

Did I ever say rebuilding is a bad idea? No. But veterans are needed. I mean, you seem like a smart guy, you must know that! I don't know what you're saying about my "need to be entertained." I won't get into that, 'cause I'll get carried away with assumptions. I read subtleties very well, though.

Listen, opinions are opinions, and I enjoy arguing! But no one is here to educate anyone else. This board has become like a classroom and I don't like it one bit!

Old
08-18-2004, 03:21 PM
BobMarleyNYR

[QUOTE=barnaby63]Ah screw it let's just sign everyone.

YOU:
Exactly.

We want a rebuild!

But lets sign Rucinsky, Kariya, Hamrlik, Hasek, Stillman, McKenna, Samuelsson or trade our farm for Thorton.

Idiots.QUOTE]

:mad: Are you ****in' kidding me? It's one thing for almighty Edge to put words in my mouth, but then you call me an idiot? I'm not here to call names, or be called names...

Right, let's have NO veterans at all and play all kids with coin-toss chances at becoming NHLers. You know what? Lets put human zygotes out on the ice, because one day they'll become humans, and in 25 years they MIGHT be on top of their games! Is that you, Brendl?

If we're gonna rebuild, I wanna do it the right way... I'm not gonna wait 50 more years. If you want to, by all means, go ahead. Let's get ready to draft 6-year-old Austin Lemieux! He's the future! Oh my gosh! Bust a nut! THE FUTURE!

Old
08-18-2004, 03:35 PM
Melrose_Jr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobMarleyNYR
This board has become like a classroom and I don't like it one bit!
Then why don't you stop perpetuating the argument so that Prof. Melrose doesn't have to do it for you?

Old
08-18-2004, 03:37 PM
KFC

[QUOTE=BobMarleyNYR]
Quote:

YOU:
Exactly.

We want a rebuild!

Idiots.QUOTE]

:mad: Are you ****in' kidding me? It's one thing for almighty Edge to put words in my mouth, but then you call me an idiot? I'm not here to call names, or be called names...

Right, let's have NO veterans at all and play all kids with coin-toss chances at becoming NHLers. You know what? Lets put human zygotes out on the ice, because one day they'll become humans, and in 25 years they MIGHT be on top of their games! Is that you, Brendl?

If we're gonna rebuild, I wanna do it the right way... I'm not gonna wait 50 more years. If you want to, by all means, go ahead. Let's get ready to draft 6-year-old Austin Lemieux! He's the future! Oh my gosh! Bust a nut! THE FUTURE!
LMAO... hahaha bust a nut, thats funny. I agree we need some veterans if we don't have enough and we end up losing every game what does that teach the kids, how to lose?(yeah that can happen) we are gonna be bad either way but at least with some veterans around they can actually go out there and compete instead of putting them out there in front of the fireing squad

Old
08-18-2004, 04:56 PM
ChrisKreider20
Oh Hai Guise

[QUOTE=BobMarleyNYR]
Quote:

YOU:
Exactly.

We want a rebuild!

Idiots.QUOTE]

I agree...we need veterans... Not a veteran like Demitra...one dimensional player, who doesn't care about the team but a vet like Paul Kariya, McKenna...
Rucinsky is good because he is one of the few players who strives under NY pressure...

BobMarley...What do you think about giving Kariya a shot on the LW of Lundmark...or across from Balej...
Hes a leader and plays well as the underdog... he also can score.

Old
08-18-2004, 05:23 PM
AJ1982

Send a message via AIM to AJ1982
I like Kariya, but I don't want to see him in a Rangers uniform. I liked Theo Fleury before we got him, I liked Bure before we got him, I liked Kovalev on Pittsburgh, I liked Lafontaine before he came to the Rangers, Lindros too... after they got to the Rangers they all had big problems performing up to standard. We don't need vets who are on the downturn to show up in NY so they can "cash in". Do you think Kariya could come to NY and be a 100 point man? Even an 80 point guy? I doubt it and I don't think it's a good idea to keep repeating the same old mistakes.

Old
08-18-2004, 05:25 PM
barnaby63

Quote:
I agree...we need veterans... Not a veteran like Demitra...one dimensional player, who doesn't care about the team but a vet like Paul Kariya, McKenna...
Rucinsky is good because he is one of the few players who strives under NY pressure...

BobMarley...What do you think about giving Kariya a shot on the LW of Lundmark...or across from Balej...
Hes a leader and plays well as the underdog... he also can score.
Its amazing how you label Demitra asd one dimensional but you think Kariya isnt. He cant play defense. He doesnt hit. Seems to me he brings the same things to the table as Demitra.

Same goes for McKenna, he doesnt score, pass or play defense. He fights. But he isnt one dimensional?

Old
08-18-2004, 05:46 PM
Edge

Welcome to fishing for veterans, the game show where you pay any price for anyone over 30 in the hopes they teach the kids something.

Well Johnny, tell em what they've won!

Well Wink, they've won a brand new second line center. He's a playmaker with such great contributions like Washington, Chicago and a pre-cup Tampa Bay. He's doodles, he dodges and he'll score a heaping helping of 15 goals for you! But don't worry, that 20 games he played last season because he's a young buck at the tender age of 32! Now you and your family can enjoy the happiness of Nylander hockey for an action packed 3 to 4 years.

All this with a retail price of ......3 million dollars!!!! Back to you Wink.

Thanks Johnny, so in our next round we're gonna play "Sign that fat cat forward to an inflated contract". The object of this round is to sign as many free agents to higher than market value contracts as quickly as possible before the labor agreement runs out.

And you'll get to see our next exciting round after a word from our sponsor Cablevision.

{Jim Dolan appears on the screen}

Mmm mongoloid want money. Mongoloid want your money. Ha-ha-ha-ha. Mongoloid make hockey entertaining. Mongoloid make you think we rebuild. Ha-ha-ha-ha. So now we sign Nylander, you buy ticket. You want season ticket? You ask, where does me sign up? Go to www.idontknowhowtorebuild.com. It fun. See you there.

Old
08-18-2004, 07:09 PM
ChrisKreider20
Oh Hai Guise

Quote:
Its amazing how you label Demitra asd one dimensional but you think Kariya isnt. He cant play defense. He doesnt hit. Seems to me he brings the same things to the table as Demitra.

Same goes for McKenna, he doesnt score, pass or play defense. He fights. But he isnt one dimensional?
The difference between Kariya and Demitra...Leadership and heart- Somethin the rangers need.

McKenna is a leader and tries so hard. And yes he cant score, that's why he'd play 4th line.

and BTW
KERRY IN 2004
Bush is a criminal

Old
08-18-2004, 07:11 PM
BobMarleyNYR

Quote:
Welcome to fishing for veterans, the game show where you pay any price for anyone over 30 in the hopes they teach the kids something.

Well Johnny, tell em what they've won!

Well Wink, they've won a brand new second line center. He's a playmaker with such great contributions like Washington, Chicago and a pre-cup Tampa Bay. He's doodles, he dodges and he'll score a heaping helping of 15 goals for you! But don't worry, that 20 games he played last season because he's a young buck at the tender age of 32! Now you and your family can enjoy the happiness of Nylander hockey for an action packed 3 to 4 years.

All this with a retail price of ......3 million dollars!!!! Back to you Wink.

Thanks Johnny, so in our next round we're gonna play "Sign that fat cat forward to an inflated contract". The object of this round is to sign as many free agents to higher than market value contracts as quickly as possible before the labor agreement runs out.

And you'll get to see our next exciting round after a word from our sponsor Cablevision.

{Jim Dolan appears on the screen}

Mmm mongoloid want money. Mongoloid want your money. Ha-ha-ha-ha. Mongoloid make hockey entertaining. Mongoloid make you think we rebuild. Ha-ha-ha-ha. So now we sign Nylander, you buy ticket. You want season ticket? You ask, where does me sign up? Go to www.idontknowhowtorebuild.com. It fun. See you there.
It's sad that you take that much time to be clever and try to mock... you obviously have not listened to anyone, 'cause you're saying the same **** you were saying all along.

You don't seem to be able to grasp that NO ONE has advocated signing ONLY older free agents, and if you read what anyone posted, it says that nowhere. If you can't get that, I'm sorry - that's your problem.

It's just going around in circles, and I'm not gonna waste my time reading that mumbo-jumbo you wrote above... egos and obstinance ruin arguments this way.

Old
08-18-2004, 07:15 PM
Edge

Quote:
It's sad that you take that much time to be clever and try to mock... you obviously have not listened to anyone, 'cause you're saying the same **** you were saying all along.

You don't seem to be able to grasp that NO ONE has advocated signing ONLY older free agents, and if you read what anyone posted, it says that nowhere. If you can't get that, I'm sorry - that's your problem.

It's just going around in circles, and I'm not gonna waste my time reading that mumbo-jumbo you wrote above... egos and obstinance ruin arguments this way.

You're right because it was really a serious attempt at making a point.

I also wasn't responding to you or anyone else's.

I'm sorry you get so offended by my tongue and cheek comments, guess you couldn't grasp it. I'm sorry - that's your problem.

But hey it's board I'm allowed to screw around just like everyone, just like you're allowed to go around and use up your last chance on the boards before you end becoming just another "whatever happened to" question.

But hey good luck to ya.

Old
08-18-2004, 07:23 PM
BobMarleyNYR

Quote:
You're right because it was really a serious attempt at making a point.

I also wasn't responding to you or anyone else's.

I'm sorry you get so offended by my tongue and cheek comments, guess you couldn't grasp it. I'm sorry - that's your problem.

But hey it's board I'm allowed to screw around just like everyone, just like you're allowed to go around and use up your last chance on the boards before you end becoming just another "whatever happened to" question.

But hey good luck to ya.
Well then in that case, I am genuinely sorry...

As for the other thing, believe it or not, I'd find some way to... SURVIVE WITHOUT HFBOARDS!

Plus how, praytell, would you know how many "chances" I have left? "Insider" communication? I've seen you hinting at that for quite some time...

Old
08-18-2004, 07:26 PM
Edge

Quote:
Well then in that case, I am genuinely sorry...

As for the other thing, believe it or not, I'd find some way to... SURVIVE WITHOUT HFBOARDS!

Plus how, praytell, would you know how many "chances" I have left? "Insider" communication? I've seen you hinting at that for quite some time...
We've debated enough for you to know that if i was genuinly making a point it'd look my debates with ny islanders one. I wouldn't be sitting here mocking a 70's game show.

And yeah i am using my vast connections to tell how many chances you got. Tomorrow i am gonna call the feds and get your credit history too

I've just watched a hundred posters just like you come and go. Your chances are up to you, but i already see where's it is going.

Closed Thread