HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Corey Stillman

Closed Thread

Old
08-18-2004, 07:49 PM
barnaby63

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rancid
The difference between Kariya and Demitra...Leadership and heart- Somethin the rangers need.

McKenna is a leader and tries so hard. And yes he cant score, that's why he'd play 4th line.

and BTW
KERRY IN 2004
Bush is a criminal
Kariya is a leader? Was he leading when he bolted the Ducks for greener pastures in Colorado?

Was he a leader when the Ducks were a laughing stock for years and he called out teammates to lift their play and took a lower salary for a small-market team for they can improve the overall quality of the team?

Or did I miss all of that?

So because McKenna tries so hard he is a leader? Purinton gives it his just as much as McKenna, and I dont see Dale as the next captain.

Old
08-18-2004, 08:28 PM
ChrisKreider20
Oh Hai Guise

Quote:
Originally Posted by barnaby63
Kariya is a leader? Was he leading when he bolted the Ducks for greener pastures in Colorado?

Was he a leader when the Ducks were a laughing stock for years and he called out teammates to lift their play and took a lower salary for a small-market team for they can improve the overall quality of the team?

Or did I miss all of that?

So because McKenna tries so hard he is a leader? Purinton gives it his just as much as McKenna, and I dont see Dale as the next captain.
McKenna would never be a captain or even an A, he'd just be a locker room presence.

Kariya felt he was given a slap in the face when he wasn't qualified...thats why he left. After all then he had the opportunity to reunited w/ his buddy. If you had just led a team to the cup and then weren't qualified wouldn't you feel abit under appreciated. The flames qualified Jerome and Kipper didn't they?

But before that he led that mighty ducks team to the finals. Remember after he was knocked to the ground he came back with a huge slap-shot top corner. That's a leader. They would have still had him if they had qualified him. Instead they pay cash for an underachieving prospal and a fedorov who can't take the pressure of being the only star. Kariya was a natural leader and still is. He'd especially bring the best out of lundmark.

Old
08-19-2004, 04:41 AM
Edge

While Kariya is certainly interesting, last season was a disaster for him.

Even if this team werent rebuilding, you gotta wonder how many rebounds can we hope to have on one team.

He's certainly interesting because this team lacks lw's even throughout their system. But the fit just isn't right. Not right now at least.

Old
08-19-2004, 08:45 AM
donpaulo
Capt Barry Beck

so many have already given very solid reasons why its a mistake to bring stillman to broadway. I figured I would give a good reason why they should.
He is a legit top 6 LW
after all the cash already spent on folly, this expenditure would be tagged towards addressing the problem.
Of course they could just go out and sign Martin Rucinsky...

Closed Thread