HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

All-purpose Andrei Markov thread (UPD: Marinaro says he had a setback, post #93)

Old
09-14-2011, 07:41 AM
HF-Addict

vCash: 500
Being injured... That's about what I expect from Markov and why I think our gm made a huge mistake not keeping/replacing roman. This offseason, we needed a physical 3rd/4th liner, a dman like harmlik if gorges/markov go down and a top6 player. (finding a suitable replacement for gomez was gravy). At least we got a top6 in cole.

HF-Addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-14-2011, 07:43 AM
swimmer77
Post Oates

To Miss Exhibition Games if Not 100 %

Essentially the article states what's in the title although it's vague. But if there's doubt that he's 100 % now and it's been 10 months I'm a little disappointed already. I expected him to come to camp 100 % ready to go and use the exhibition games to get some timing back and get into some semblance of "game shape".

The reasons I had expectations for the above is the contract he signed, some of the fanbases allusion to his great work ethic and what Markov said himself.

swimmer77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-14-2011, 08:07 AM
Kriss E
HFB Partner

Habs fans are worst than girls man...
So much drama and assumptions..
Markov was expected back in mid-November right from the start, and now people are acting as if it's a surprise that he won't be ready for camp.
If he's ready great, if he's not, then it's okay, it was expected.

Kriss E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-14-2011, 08:07 AM
neofury*

Markov keeps pucks out of his own net while being an offensive threat.

Bryan McCabe puts pucks in his own net while being somewhat of an offensive threat.

No thanks.

neofury* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-14-2011, 08:12 AM
swimmer77
Post Oates

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
Habs fans are worst than girls man...
So much drama and assumptions..
Markov was expected back in mid-November right from the start, and now people are acting as if it's a surprise that he won't be ready for camp.
If he's ready great, if he's not, then it's okay, it was expected.
Not trying to argue at all but do you have a source for the bolded because I never heard that except as speculation from fans? And if it's true then I really don't trust what's in place to keep the ship from sinking early in the season. There's nothing but a lot of question marks.

Old
09-14-2011, 08:15 AM
Kriss E
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by swimmer77 View Post
To Miss Exhibition Games if Not 100 %

Essentially the article states what's in the title although it's vague. But if there's doubt that he's 100 % now and it's been 10 months I'm a little disappointed already. I expected him to come to camp 100 % ready to go and use the exhibition games to get some timing back and get into some semblance of "game shape".

The reasons I had expectations for the above is the contract he signed, some of the fanbases allusion to his great work ethic and what Markov said himself.
Initial reports had him out for a full year. It's been 10months. You do the math.

Kriss E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-14-2011, 08:46 AM
habfaninvictoria

I fully expect him to play most of the season. It's funny how most people "think" he'll play more but mentally have written him off so they aren't disappointed.

Until last season we were always under .500 without Markov. We found a way to win without him, so what exactly makes anyone think we won't be dominant with him.

Let's not forget that he really hasn't had a chance to play with Gio, Cammy, Gomez.

50+ points.

habfaninvictoria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-14-2011, 08:48 AM
swimmer77
Post Oates

Quote:
Initial reports had him out for a full year. It's been 10months. You do the math.
Oh come on - just asking a question. I can do math and I always thought it was a range anyway like 6 - 12 months. There were even reports floating around he could have been back for last year's playoffs.

Just asking for a link saying he was coming back in November.

Old
09-14-2011, 08:50 AM
Ross MacLochness

Quote:
Markov had his ACL surgery 1 month before Gorges had the same ACL surgery. So if Markov is out until mid-November, when is Gorges coming back?

Athletes can play on reconstructed ACL's 6 months after surgery. The optimal healing time for the ligament is 1 year+. Markov had his first operation May 19 2010, and came back late October. Just over 5 months, so yea maybe it was a little too soon. His second surgery was like Dec 8, and now its Sept 14... way over 6 months

As for why Markov was out there with the injured players and not Gorges, who knows. Maybe he had a setback, maybe not. Maybe he tweaked his groin one day and was just taking it easy. I'm sure someone will ask him that today.

Ross MacLochness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-14-2011, 10:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ross MacLochness View Post
Markov had his ACL surgery 1 month before Gorges had the same ACL surgery. So if Markov is out until mid-November, when is Gorges coming back?

Athletes can play on reconstructed ACL's 6 months after surgery. The optimal healing time for the ligament is 1 year+. Markov had his first operation May 19 2010, and came back late October. Just over 5 months, so yea maybe it was a little too soon. His second surgery was like Dec 8, and now its Sept 14... way over 6 months

As for why Markov was out there with the injured players and not Gorges, who knows. Maybe he had a setback, maybe not. Maybe he tweaked his groin one day and was just taking it easy. I'm sure someone will ask him that today.
Kriss E is right...initial reports had Markov out until mid-November.

I think the Habs are just taking the prudent approach on a guy who has surgery twice now on the same knee in the same year. Its only normal.

100% or not, I did NOT want Markov participating in ANY preseason games personally. So I think it's a blessing in disguise...I'd be surprised to see him for game 1 of the year, but if he misses 5-10 games, it's not the end of the world. I would much rather the Habs be extra cautious this time. It's become evident that he came back from his previous injury way too soon.

417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-14-2011, 10:17 AM
swimmer77
Post Oates

Quote:
Originally Posted by 417 View Post
Kriss E is right...initial reports had Markov out until mid-November.

I think the Habs are just taking the prudent approach on a guy who has surgery twice now on the same knee in the same year. Its only normal.

100% or not, I did NOT want Markov participating in ANY preseason games personally. So I think it's a blessing in disguise...I'd be surprised to see him for game 1 of the year, but if he misses 5-10 games, it's not the end of the world. I would much rather the Habs be extra cautious this time. It's become evident that he came back from his previous injury way too soon.
Link? Thanks in advance because I can't find any. All I have found are reports of six months and the rest of last season or "year".

Just seems to me that camp and exhibition games would be the time to roll.

Old
09-14-2011, 10:30 AM
ChoseLa

Put him in a bed, have sexy nurse massage his body while playing Mathews passion from Bach and let him have a sip of beer every three hours, all that till the season starts.

Last edited by ChoseLa: 09-14-2011 at 10:39 AM.
ChoseLa is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-14-2011, 10:40 AM
Boris Le Tigre
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Quote:
Originally Posted by PricePkPatch View Post
Okay. I heard this referenced so many times, my ignorance is really annoying. It's TEARING ME APPART, LISA!

Can somebody be a nice chap and point out to me the obvious? What is this "Darkest Day in Habs History" all about?
It's like a Charlie Murphy True Hollywood Story but with the Kostitsyn's and Hamrlik.

Boris Le Tigre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-14-2011, 10:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by swimmer77 View Post
Link? Thanks in advance because I can't find any. All I have found are reports of six months and the rest of last season or "year".

Just seems to me that camp and exhibition games would be the time to roll.
Sorry, can't help you with a link...I can't remember if that's what I heard or if that's what I read. But the time frame of mid-November definitely rings a bell.

Like I said, I would prefer the Habs play it real cautious with Markov...i'd rather he plays 70 games, then he try to push himself and get hurt during meaningless preseason games.

Markov will be back, whether or not he's there for game 1 is really inconsequential in the grand scheme of things.

417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-14-2011, 10:44 AM
Jigger77

Looks like he's not necessarily ready for game one now.

Anyway, I think PG took a gamble and you have to respect him for that. The man had to make a decision and he went with Markov instead of throwing big money at Wiz.

I probably would not have done it that way, as I have serious doubts about that knee being operated on twice now, but I respect PG's decision.

Also, there is no doubt in my mind that Wiz got way too much money and that Markov, when healthy is a much more complete defenseman than Wiz.

So I'm hoping it plays out in our favour. As far as what I expect from a healthy Markov? Nothing but brilliance. 60 point range, PP quarterback, stays well ahead in the +/- category all year. That's the gamble here. He stays healthy, we have one of the best defensemen in hockey to rely on.

Jigger77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-14-2011, 05:32 PM
sevil

Markov set back

reports that he had water on his knee three weeks ago, had it drained and now starting to rehab. Not looking like he will be ready for start of season.

sevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-14-2011, 05:38 PM
psychonaut

Quote:
Originally Posted by sevil View Post
reports that he had water on his knee three weeks ago, had it drained and now starting to rehab. Not looking like he will be ready for start of season.
Any link too this?
Would suck

psychonaut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-14-2011, 05:40 PM
Gary320

Scoop came from Marinaro on his twitter account.

Quote:
SCOOP: Andrei Markov had setback 3+weeks ago diagnosed w/water in his knee.Had knee drained in USA. Now must take his time to rehab it again

Gary320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-14-2011, 05:44 PM
holyhabs

Renaud Lavoie on RDS said Tom Brady went through the exact same thing. That is reassuring.

holyhabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-14-2011, 05:47 PM
hogtownhabsfan*

I know we are all hoping for the best, but this signing was a huge gamble for PG and a setback already means it's hardly off to a flying start....

hogtownhabsfan* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-14-2011, 06:15 PM
Craig71

Hopefully this is a minor setback and not a sign of things to come for the season. We need Markov and where do we go without him? The East is a very tough race from start to finish and we cant afford to fall behind at the start of the season. No Hamrlik, No Wiz, we will need some help from somewhere. I know it's to early to panic but just wondering how do we fill that void while he is out?

Craig71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-14-2011, 06:19 PM
Crimson Skorpion

vCash: 50
Awards:
Water in the knee is usually a result of your knee not being completely rehabilitated before continuing a work-out regimen. I remember suffering a fracture knee-cap in hockey and not recovering enough before practicing on ice. Water filled the knee right away and I had the sit out a few more weeks.

Want to write for us? Head to lastwordonsports.com/writeforus and apply!
Crimson Skorpion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-14-2011, 06:21 PM
donghabs98

vCash: 543
i bet you we are going to sign bryan mccabe
i just have a feeling ... that feeling

also i think he and gill are good friends

Last edited by donghabs98: 09-14-2011 at 06:39 PM.
donghabs98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-14-2011, 06:26 PM
TankEller*

It's quickly getting pretty old. And no I'm not a dramaqueen, I've just had more than enough of this crap. 3 years looked like it was a huge gamble... Well it's getting even more worrying. Training camp hasn't even started yet and Markov suffered another setback.

TankEller* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-14-2011, 06:33 PM
Crimson Skorpion

vCash: 50
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by stonecole72 View Post
It's quickly getting pretty old. And no I'm not a dramaqueen, I've just had more than enough of this crap. 3 years looked like it was a huge gamble... Well it's getting even more worrying. Training camp hasn't even started yet and Markov suffered another setback.
It's only a minor setback and one that was caused by running before walking. Not really an alarming situation at this point.

Crimson Skorpion is offline   Reply With Quote