HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

Bogosian's next contract

Old
09-13-2011, 04:36 PM
Mathradio
Drive for 25

vCash: 500
Bogosian's next contract

As we all know, Bogosian is a RFA still unsigned by Winnipeg. How much do you think he would be worth per season?

Mathradio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2011, 04:48 PM
Petro Points

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathradio View Post
As we all know, Bogosian is a RFA still unsigned by Winnipeg. How much do you think he would be worth per season?
more then Enstrom less then Byfuglien so im guessing he is worth 3.75M\yr-4.25M\yr

Petro Points is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2011, 04:58 PM
BigTuna49
#WPGWHITEOUT

vCash: 84
Quote:
Originally Posted by PenzOil View Post
more then Enstrom less then Byfuglien so im guessing he is worth 3.75M\yr-4.25M\yr
What?!?

BigTuna49 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2011, 05:01 PM
arsmaster
semantic romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by PenzOil View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke49 View Post
What?!?
Im assuming he meant on JVR type 6 year deal...paying for potential.

a 2 year 4.6million makes sense otherwise.

arsmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2011, 05:03 PM
Mathradio
Drive for 25

Perhaps a deal similar to that of Carey Price:

$2.5M the first year
$3M the second year

Mathradio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2011, 05:08 PM
BigTuna49
#WPGWHITEOUT

Quote:
Originally Posted by arsmaster View Post
Im assuming he meant on JVR type 6 year deal...paying for potential.

a 2 year 4.6million makes sense otherwise.
Anything over $4 does NOT makes sense.

Old
09-13-2011, 05:10 PM
Petro Points

Quote:
Anything over $4 does NOT makes sense.
the guy said 2 yrs 4.6M .. so 2.3M per
I am sure Bogosian is looking for much more then 2.3M and closer to 4

2.3M is Cogliano money

Petro Points is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2011, 05:14 PM
WJG
Running and Rioting

With guys like Wisniewski now making 5+ million, I think 3.75-4.00 million/year is fair.

WJG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2011, 05:14 PM
Nucks N Canes

Winnipeg Fans are all a sudden going to overvalue Bogosian and say hes worth 5 per season. When he has yet to prove anything going into his fourth season and should get 2.5-3.5 per season up to 2 or 3 years.

Nucks N Canes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2011, 05:18 PM
BigTuna49
#WPGWHITEOUT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nucks N Canes View Post
Winnipeg Fans are all a sudden going to overvalue Bogosian and say hes worth 5 per season. When he has yet to prove anything going into his fourth season and should get 2.5-3.5 per season up to 2 or 3 years.
Nobody is saying that. So why are you making things up?

Old
09-13-2011, 05:20 PM
arsmaster
semantic romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Running Riot View Post
With guys like Wisniewski now making 5+ million, I think 3.75-4.00 million/year is fair.
Yes, but....that was a UFA contract.

Bogosian is an RFA.

He should be inline for a deal similar to what Erik Johnson signed....off the top of my head that was a 2.6 cap hit over a 2 year deal.

Old
09-13-2011, 05:20 PM
Alberta_OReilly_Fan
Bruin fan since 1975

dont understand why he cant do a one year deal... obviously hes a bit shaky as a long term prospect

i dont blame him for not locking in long term for low money... but a team would be insane to bump him into 4 mill long term too

if im gm.... i probably risk 3.5 on a one year deal though... i mean cam barker got near that on his last deal... its not an outrageous number to throw at a top 5 draft pick that has had some success

if winnipeg refuses to pay it.. im sure there are other teams that would eventually offer sheet the kid. hes worth the comp to a team thats going to be picking in the 20's anyhow

Alberta_OReilly_Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2011, 05:21 PM
arsmaster
semantic romantic

Quote:
Nobody is saying that. So why are you making things up?
Just add him to your ignore list.

And if you dont quote him, I wont have to read his trash either.

Thanks

Old
09-13-2011, 05:23 PM
arsmaster
semantic romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alberta_OReilly_Fan View Post
dont understand why he cant do a one year deal... obviously hes a bit shaky as a long term prospect

i dont blame him for not locking in long term for low money... but a team would be insane to bump him into 4 mill long term too

if im gm.... i probably risk 3.5 on a one year deal though... i mean cam barker got near that on his last deal... its not an outrageous number to throw at a top 5 draft pick that has had some success

if winnipeg refuses to pay it.. im sure there are other teams that would eventually offer sheet the kid. hes worth the comp to a team thats going to be picking in the 20's anyhow
Any more insane than Philly with JVR?

Old
09-13-2011, 05:25 PM
Fehr Time*
The Don of Hockey

I would say 4 years 20 million would be in the ballpark. It is no too long of a deal on Winnipegs side of things, and I believe it would take Bogosian to UFA where he could negotiate a better deal. Pretty much a win-win.

Fehr Time* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2011, 05:29 PM
Nucks N Canes

arsmaster please just leave this forum.

From when fans say that he deserves to get a first, a top prospect, a top 4 dman and a prospect dman. It sure seems like they think he is worth 5+. (a proposal for Bogosian)

And JVR was signed for so much cause he has shown steady improvement and played great in the playoffs. Something Bogosian has yet to do.

JVR also is becoming a first/second line player for the first time in his career and Holmgren thought it'd be good to sign him before he gets close to a point per game...

Old
09-13-2011, 05:31 PM
BigTuna49
#WPGWHITEOUT

Quote:
arsmaster please just leave this forum.

From when fans say that he deserves to get a first, a top prospect, a top 4 dman and a prospect dman. It sure seems like they think he is worth 5+. (a proposal for Bogosian)

And JVR was signed for so much cause he has shown steady improvement and played great in the playoffs. Something Bogosian has yet to do.

JVR also is becoming a first/second line player for the first time in his career and Holmgren thought it'd be good to sign him before he gets close to a point per game...
lol Taking things out of context now?

Old
09-13-2011, 05:32 PM
Nucks N Canes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fehr Time View Post
I would say 4 years 20 million would be in the ballpark. It is no too long of a deal on Winnipegs side of things, and I believe it would take Bogosian to UFA where he could negotiate a better deal. Pretty much a win-win.
Need I say more arsmaster?

And Fehr Time the whole idea is to get his UFA years if you are going to pay him big money. For example, eat up some of them if your are going to overvalue him. So a 7/35million deal would be more appropiate for the money your proposing.

They asked for first, Hodgson, Tanev, and Ballard for unsigned Bogosian. It was a trade proposed yesterday...

Old
09-13-2011, 05:33 PM
Pliff

I'm thinking a Carey Price deal for short term or a bit tiny less than a JVR for a long term contract.

I don't know why but I have a feeling Bogo might not want to sign long term.. pure speculation though

Pliff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2011, 05:34 PM
BigTuna49
#WPGWHITEOUT

Quote:

And Fehr Time the whole idea is to get his UFA years if you are going to pay him big money. For example, eat up some of them if your are going to overvalue him. So a 7/35million deal would be more appropiate for the money your proposing.
That's rich.

Old
09-13-2011, 05:39 PM
Sidney the Kidney
We got Kessel?!

vCash: 1000
It's difficult to come up with perfect comparisons to Bogosian since most guys his age aren't up for a new contract yet. I mean, his peers include guys like Doughty, Pietrangelo, Myers, and Schenn. Doughty's well documented, the second two are still on their ELC, and Schenn's camp is also holding out.

So it's tough to get an idea of what a defenseman his age and his RFA status would warrant, unless you want to start comparing him to guys a bit older, like Karl Alzner, Jack Johnson, Kris Letang, Nick Hjalmarsson, or Marc Eduard Vlasic.

Sidney the Kidney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2011, 05:41 PM
Nucks N Canes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sidney the Kidney View Post
It's difficult to come up with perfect comparisons to Bogosian since most guys his age aren't up for a new contract yet. I mean, his peers include guys like Doughty, Pietrangelo, Myers, and Schenn. Doughty's well documented, the second two are still on their ELC, and Schenn's camp is also holding out.

So it's tough to get an idea of what a defenseman his age and his RFA status would warrant, unless you want to start comparing him to guys a bit older, like Karl Alzner, Jack Johnson, Kris Letang, Nick Hjalmarsson, or Marc Eduard Vlasic.
IMO Alzner is a good person to compare with. So about 2.6 million a year.

Old
09-13-2011, 05:47 PM
Pliff

I really hope MTL would be takers if Bogo was on the market. I really like his game and he would fit in perfectly with the defenders in mtl.

I was pretty high on the kid when he was drafted, and I don't think 1 bad season should hinder peoples assessment of his skillset.

Pliff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2011, 05:50 PM
tbcwpg

Quote:

They asked for first, Hodgson, Tanev, and Ballard for unsigned Bogosian. It was a trade proposed yesterday...
Proposed by the Jets fan base collectively, right?

He will probably get between $3-$4 million per year.

tbcwpg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2011, 05:55 PM
arsmaster
semantic romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sidney the Kidney View Post

The comparable as I see it is: Erik Johnson 2yr 5.2m add dollars for cap rise, he should be inline for a 2 year deal for just shy of 3million per season.

OT. Its funny when someone is on your ignore list and they reply to your posts, and you only see their replies in other peoples replies. Amusing.