HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Washington Capitals
Notices

I'm going to miss Eric Fehr!

Old
09-15-2011, 12:10 PM
sycamore

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SwedeSpeedBackstrom View Post
He was the anti-Tomas Fleischmann

BB hated Fehr for reasons we'll never know
And yet the Caps chose to get rid of Fehr and keep BB, for reasons we'll never understand.

sycamore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2011, 12:55 PM
usiel
HFBoards Sponsor

Send a message via MSN to usiel
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshall View Post
Injuries got in the way. Wish him the best in Winnipeg.
This.

Fehr was probably one of my favorite prospects. Honestly hope the best for him.

09-15-2011, 04:49 PM
Foy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vladiator16 View Post
Yep, but i think thats all we got, Good Luck.
Game 7 OT against said Getzlaf in Hershey springs to mind. Don't think the Cup runs in Hershey don't help development.

Foy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2011, 06:09 PM
frasnap

I think most of the Fehr fans were around during the lockout. I know that's a lot of the reason I have a soft spot for him. Seeing him do well in Juniors was one of the few bright spots that year.

frasnap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2011, 07:00 PM
Millhaus

Quote:
Originally Posted by txpd View Post
any chance at all that if this bb hated fehr pov is accurate, that boudreau's reasons were justified?
I have no idea but Fehr never got extended shots at a bigger role on the team. When a player pots 21 goals in 69 games playing as little as he did with minimal PP time he deserves a long shot at a bigger role.

Fleischmann on the other hand got chance after chance after chance whether he was playing well or not.

Coaches have favorites and they also have guys they don't care for. Fleischmann was clearly in the former category and Fehr the latter.

Millhaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-20-2011, 06:39 PM
Mickstix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Millhaus View Post
I have no idea but Fehr never got extended shots at a bigger role on the team. When a player pots 21 goals in 69 games playing as little as he did with minimal PP time he deserves a long shot at a bigger role.

Fleischmann on the other hand got chance after chance after chance whether he was playing well or not.

Coaches have favorites and they also have guys they don't care for. Fleischmann was clearly in the former category and Fehr the latter.
And thats something that MUST change imo.. When your guns are shooting blanks, you have to have the balls to put someone in their place, and see what they can do.. Not saying Fehr was that guy, but BB hardly gives anyone a chance when it comes to the top 2 lines.. They play great, they play good, they play bad, they play aweful.. Makes no difference.. Same ice time..

As for Fehr, Im with the majority.. Liked the guy a lot, but the injuries just took away any edge he had going for him.. Wish him the best!

Mickstix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-20-2011, 07:08 PM
txpd

why fehr was apparantly not in the good graces, i dont know. i imagine it had something to do with something concrete. he was scratched in the playoffs for a reason.

on the subject of giving other players the ice time. i want to be sure i understand your position. if ovechkin is having an off game and the team is down by a goal in the 3rd period, you are saying that you would take him off the top line and replace him with one of the 3rd or 4th line wingers? hendricks? chimera, ward...whoever is having a up game>

last shift of the game, you would leave 8 on the bench?

txpd is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-20-2011, 10:31 PM
Mickstix

Quote:
on the subject of giving other players the ice time. i want to be sure i understand your position. if ovechkin is having an off game and the team is down by a goal in the 3rd period, you are saying that you would take him off the top line and replace him with one of the 3rd or 4th line wingers? hendricks? chimera, ward...whoever is having a up game>

last shift of the game, you would leave 8 on the bench?
You just named a situation (and Im sure there are more) where no, I'd leave Ovi on the ice.. Fortunately, there are 80+, sixty minute, games and many many opportunities when we're not down by a goal and it's the last shift of the game.. But really, is Ovi ever in doubt? Dude's always giving 100% and is THE star of the team..

Semin or Nicky for example, I'd let a hot 3-4 liner take "some" of their minutes in quite a few instances.. Not necessarily looking for a new top liner, but more to motivate the ones who are struggling, making silly mistakes, taking shifts-periods-games off, etc..

Last edited by Mickstix: 09-20-2011 at 10:37 PM.
Old
09-21-2011, 06:48 AM
txpd

you made no comment about effort.
Quote:
When your guns are shooting blanks, you have to have the balls to put someone in their place, and see what they can do.
ov can keep his toi because he tries. this means you are saying anyone that loses ice time for "shooting blanks" is doing so for lack of effort. let somebody that tries harder have a chance. the matt bradley theory.

Old
09-21-2011, 08:36 AM
Bure

vCash: 50
I always liked Fehr, he never got an opportunity to flourish in DC.

Bure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-21-2011, 11:43 AM
Mickstix

Quote:
you made no comment about effort.
ov can keep his toi because he tries. this means you are saying anyone that loses ice time for "shooting blanks" is doing so for lack of effort. let somebody that tries harder have a chance. the matt bradley theory.
If you can't fathom what Im tryin to say, so be it.. Not going to argue with you over semantics..

Old
09-21-2011, 11:57 AM
Dirtbag59

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bure View Post
I always liked Fehr, he never got an opportunity to flourish in DC.
I'm not sure we're going to really miss Fehr in the long run. Yesterday I was watching the Winter Classic and after Fehr's second goal the announcers made a comment about how Fehr had needed something like 10 cortisone shots in his back over the past year just to play. I know pretty much every player deals with injuries but 10 cortisone shots? Doesn't sound like he's going to last much longer. Then again I'm not a doctor.

Dirtbag59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-21-2011, 12:23 PM
Liberati0n
Jesus Christ Marie

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickstix View Post
If you can't fathom what Im tryin to say, so be it.. Not going to argue with you over semantics..

Liberati0n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-21-2011, 12:26 PM
txpd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickstix View Post
written communication requires both parties to understand the vocabulary. shooting blanks doesnt mean mailing it in to me.

that said, when a guy like hendricks is having a good game and has popped one in, giving him an extra shift or two makes sense to me. throwing him on the 2nd pp unit for 30 seconds to see if he can stir something up works for me. benching a guy like semin or knuble for hendricks when the game is still in question or giving jay beagle nick backstrom's ice time, doesnt make sense.

if the game is lost or the game is safely won, sure.

Old
09-21-2011, 01:49 PM
Icetime

Absolutely HATED Eric Fehr's game, but he seemed like a good guy.

Happy for him to prove me wrong up North. Turn into some miracle man 30 goal scorer.

But he won't.

Icetime is offline   Reply With Quote