Closed Thread

Old
09-15-2011, 10:22 AM
squidz*
dun worry he's cool

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mnwildgophers View Post
I am really impressed with the new AI in comparison to the old games. I got a slider set and played a few games as Be A Pro Goalie and was very impressed with how the game played and felt. There were deflections in front of me, one timers that missed, and it seemed just perfect way to play. I played on 10 minute periods and my first game had a 25-25 shot advantage. I was rather impressed.

This game plays much more like a real hockey game. I'm enjoying it a lot. Have any of you noticed these changes?
Be A Pro for skaters is way more realistic. With the change to a "fast forward" mode instead of being able to put yourself on the ice whenever, the games are played in what feels like real time, but take the same amount of time they used to. No more 50-3 shot differentials like I was used to last year (with the opposing team scoring twice on those three shots). I have actually been routinely outshot unless I put an actual focus on putting shots on net. Final totals have been pretty typical too (25-35 shots per team per game).

Deflections feel too precise though, which was a problem from before. I mentioned earlier in the thread that the Oilers scored on me on their first shot of the game because of a pristine deflection (by my player no less) and that has seemed to be the rule, rather than the exception. So far in my games, something ridiculous like 75% of deflections end up in the net. That's on All-Star difficulty though. Diving glove desperation saves seem to be still just as excessive as before. Goalie moving the wrong direction, way out of the net, and you have pretty much an open net to shoot at? Too bad, it's glove side so he has a 99.9% chance of making the save. I don't know if I've scored a single goal on that. But if he's in position and you just make a random, normal wrist shot that should be a routine save, you've got like a 20% chance of scoring.

Old
09-15-2011, 10:31 AM
Generic User
Dynamic as they come

"The Hershey Squirts". Think that's a good team name. No reason squirts should be a banned word as that is a real hockey term

Old
09-15-2011, 10:44 AM
mnwildgophers

Quote:
Originally Posted by squidz View Post
Be A Pro for skaters is way more realistic. With the change to a "fast forward" mode instead of being able to put yourself on the ice whenever, the games are played in what feels like real time, but take the same amount of time they used to. No more 50-3 shot differentials like I was used to last year (with the opposing team scoring twice on those three shots). I have actually been routinely outshot unless I put an actual focus on putting shots on net. Final totals have been pretty typical too (25-35 shots per team per game).

Deflections feel too precise though, which was a problem from before. I mentioned earlier in the thread that the Oilers scored on me on their first shot of the game because of a pristine deflection (by my player no less) and that has seemed to be the rule, rather than the exception. So far in my games, something ridiculous like 75% of deflections end up in the net. That's on All-Star difficulty though. Diving glove desperation saves seem to be still just as excessive as before. Goalie moving the wrong direction, way out of the net, and you have pretty much an open net to shoot at? Too bad, it's glove side so he has a 99.9% chance of making the save. I don't know if I've scored a single goal on that. But if he's in position and you just make a random, normal wrist shot that should be a routine save, you've got like a 20% chance of scoring.
I noticed this too, but my game has changed a crazy amount after tweaking the sliders on All-Star difficulty. The deflections, passes, and shots seem much better in terms of shots going in. The goalie moving I can't speak to because I was playing the goalie, and the other goalie got beat on some deflections and some good shots (which happens all the time). The slider set I got seems to be making all of the difference.

The goals I've let in were from trying to cover a puck I shouldn't have. X_x. I've yet to try a real game yet with these new sliders, but they seem to make all of the difference for a real game sim.

Old
09-15-2011, 10:57 AM
this providence
Chips in Bed Theorem

Playing goalie was always my favorite on previous Be A Pro modes. But I could never find that happy medium where I'd actually face a decent amount of shots and still have a solid enough of a chance of stopping the ones I did get. Once I actually get the game, I'll want your sliders.

After Meaningless Win - 3/29/12 - Game 77 | SoH-"Who knows, that could have cost us a Cup tonight." | Dooohkay
Old
09-15-2011, 11:38 AM
Jarick
Doing Nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Generic User View Post
"The Hershey Squirts". Think that's a good team name. No reason squirts should be a banned word as that is a real hockey term
Also if you can pick Hershey as a city name, you can try the "Flaming Squirts". That'd be fun.

Old
09-15-2011, 12:04 PM
Fel 96
JFC

vCash: 2037
Send a message via MSN to Fel 96
Just got a Stoner card.

Now I have a Zanon-Stoner pairing.

Old
09-15-2011, 12:14 PM
squidz*
dun worry he's cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by berdush View Post
can anyone list or link player ratings of Wild's system, including Aeros roster, CHL players and other international players? i can't find it anywhere till now.
I have it open at lunch, with what I think are the "post draft" rosters so that's why there's some weirdness:

Wild
Heatley 88C
Koivu 88C
Bouchard 84C
Schultz 84C
Setoguchi 84C
Zidlicky 83C
Latendresse 82B-
Miettinen 82C
Clutterbuck 82B-
Cullen 81C
Brodziak 81C
Sheppard 81B-
Madden 80D
Nystrom 80C
Zanon 80C
Stoner 79C
Powe 79C
Falk 78C
Spurgeon 78C
Staubitz 77C
Gillies 75C
Backstom 87C
Harding 83C

Aeros
O'Sullivan 81C
Ortmeyer 78C
Scandella 78B-
Peters 74C
Earl 74C
Disalvatore 74C
Bagnall 74C
Kassian 74C
Daoust 74C
Almond 74C
Rau 74C
Cuma 74B-
Wellman 74B-
Palmer 74C
Penner 73C
McMillan 73C
Prosser 73B-
Fredheim 72C
Broda 71C
Buck 71C
McIntyre 71C
Kaip 70C
Hackett 76B-
Tordjman 75C

Others
Granlund 77B-
Larsson 70C
Brodin 69B-
Phillips 68B-
Kuemper 70C
Bulmer 66B-
Caron 66C
Willick 63C
Foucault 65C
Endras 80C

That's all I could find from names off the top of my head for "others" and I'm sure there's some missing (couldn't find Gustafsson in the game). Brodin seems low, but he's not far off from others around him. Hamilton got the same score. Only a few forwards and Adam Larsson (71A-) ranked higher from this draft.

EDIT: Wanted to add a few notes. Havlat is rated 87C, lower than Heatley. Burns is only 84C. Setoguchi has all mid 80s for his shooting stats (which is better than all stars Stastny and Giroux, and just a touch lower than Havlat), but playing with him feels like a 90s ranking.

Last edited by squidz*: 09-15-2011 at 12:21 PM.
Old
09-15-2011, 02:21 PM
Jacques The Mayor

vCash: 50
The Hershey highwaymen

Old
09-15-2011, 03:26 PM
Jarick
Doing Nothing

That's because there's no "inconsistency" rating. Also why playing with Bouchard is always so fun.

Jumped in on NHL 12 in Goozex, and I'm 15th in line. I have no idea if that number's going to move at all, but if 15 people decide they get bored with the game I'm in!

Old
09-15-2011, 05:02 PM
HamiltonOHL
BulldogsFan00

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarick View Post
That's because there's no "inconsistency" rating. Also why playing with Bouchard is always so fun.

Jumped in on NHL 12 in Goozex, and I'm 15th in line. I have no idea if that number's going to move at all, but if 15 people decide they get bored with the game I'm in!
What sliders u talking about jarick

Old
09-15-2011, 11:17 PM
Billy Mays Here
Optimistic Pessimist

Well I decided to give GM mode a try for the 1st time. Since I can't connect to PSN I can't get the roster update so Madden and Co. are still on the Wild. Only made 1 trade so far but I think it was a decent one. I signed O'Sullivan back to the Wild and traded him and Jimmy Sheppard to Columbus for Antoine Vermette. Should be a great 2nd line center. Now to get rid of Cullen, Mittens, Madden and improve the defense.

Old
09-15-2011, 11:49 PM
mnwildgophers

Quote:
Originally Posted by this providence View Post
Playing goalie was always my favorite on previous Be A Pro modes. But I could never find that happy medium where I'd actually face a decent amount of shots and still have a solid enough of a chance of stopping the ones I did get. Once I actually get the game, I'll want your sliders.
It's actually a set that I found on another site, but it seems like your team scores much more often, but I've have yet to test more than about 3 games, so I should be able to get some more games played out tomorrow, and I plan on tweaking them a bit. Seems like the opposing AI fumbles with the puck a little too much for my liking.

Old
09-16-2011, 12:23 AM
edgevolution
GO USA!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarick View Post

Be aware that online access (including roster updates) now costs $10 if you don't have the one-time use code that comes with the game.

Old
09-16-2011, 01:02 AM
berdush

Quote:
I have it open at lunch, with what I think are the "post draft" rosters so that's why there's some weirdness:

Wild
Heatley 88C
Koivu 88C
Bouchard 84C
Schultz 84C
Setoguchi 84C
Zidlicky 83C
Latendresse 82B-
Miettinen 82C
Clutterbuck 82B-
Cullen 81C
Brodziak 81C
Sheppard 81B-
Madden 80D
Nystrom 80C
Zanon 80C
Stoner 79C
Powe 79C
Falk 78C
Spurgeon 78C
Staubitz 77C
Gillies 75C
Backstom 87C
Harding 83C

Aeros
O'Sullivan 81C
Ortmeyer 78C
Scandella 78B-
Peters 74C
Earl 74C
Disalvatore 74C
Bagnall 74C
Kassian 74C
Daoust 74C
Almond 74C
Rau 74C
Cuma 74B-
Wellman 74B-
Palmer 74C
Penner 73C
McMillan 73C
Prosser 73B-
Fredheim 72C
Broda 71C
Buck 71C
McIntyre 71C
Kaip 70C
Hackett 76B-
Tordjman 75C

Others
Granlund 77B-
Larsson 70C
Brodin 69B-
Phillips 68B-
Kuemper 70C
Bulmer 66B-
Caron 66C
Willick 63C
Foucault 65C
Endras 80C

That's all I could find from names off the top of my head for "others" and I'm sure there's some missing (couldn't find Gustafsson in the game). Brodin seems low, but he's not far off from others around him. Hamilton got the same score. Only a few forwards and Adam Larsson (71A-) ranked higher from this draft.

EDIT: Wanted to add a few notes. Havlat is rated 87C, lower than Heatley. Burns is only 84C. Setoguchi has all mid 80s for his shooting stats (which is better than all stars Stastny and Giroux, and just a touch lower than Havlat), but playing with him feels like a 90s ranking.
thanks for the info mate, that was what's i'm asking about

i'm still sticked with nhl 11 and pretty sure will buy 12 in a month. i heard from someone that we can transfer ea pucks from 11 to 12 in HUT. it seems like a myth for me right now, coz i can't get a healthy info about it. let me know this so i can sell my HUT stars from 11 and make puck points for 12 HUT. that would be awesome

Old
09-16-2011, 07:34 AM
brandbll

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnwildgophers View Post
I am really impressed with the new AI in comparison to the old games. I got a slider set and played a few games as Be A Pro Goalie and was very impressed with how the game played and felt. There were deflections in front of me, one timers that missed, and it seemed just perfect way to play. I played on 10 minute periods and my first game had a 25-25 shot advantage. I was rather impressed.

This game plays much more like a real hockey game. I'm enjoying it a lot. Have any of you noticed these changes?
The game feels A LOT better. They definitely stepped up the physics. The biggest thing for me is the skate drag. The computer was so picky about off-sides the past few years and it could really kill potential 2 on 1 break aways. Now i almost never get off-side calls. Also, i love that they've made it feel like the goalie is an actual player as opposed to some invincible robot. Some people have complained about interference, but i hardly ever get it.

However, there are two things that are bugging the hell out of me. First, the net comes loose if you freaking breathe on it wrong. It's constantly coming loose. Just way too often. And the thing they forgot is that if I have the puck and the opponent knocks MY net loose, i get to play out the puck til it changes possession. It really pisses me off when i have the puck and they stop for a faceoff because my opponent knocked my net loose.

Second, and most importantly: The Hip check. They need to either fix it or just kill this move all together. It's freaking cheater in the game. The range it affects you at is larger than the player themselves. So i'll think that i can breeze right by a guy hip checking and then all of sudden im on my ass. And another thing, hip checks work because of momentum. If i'm just starting from a dead stop and take one step and then hit a guy hip checking, i'm not going to fly over him. I'm going to run into him and then go around. In an essence, hip checking is WAY more useful in the game than normal checking because it's a knockdown 100% the time you connect, and its not hard to connect. It really takes the fun out of the game when i'm playing someone in HUT and that's all they do and i have to play through the entire game.

Old
09-16-2011, 08:25 AM
squidz*
dun worry he's cool

Quote:
thanks for the info mate, that was what's i'm asking about

i'm still sticked with nhl 11 and pretty sure will buy 12 in a month. i heard from someone that we can transfer ea pucks from 11 to 12 in HUT. it seems like a myth for me right now, coz i can't get a healthy info about it. let me know this so i can sell my HUT stars from 11 and make puck points for 12 HUT. that would be awesome
You get bonus pucks for having played HUT in 11, but I'm not sure how they are calculated. I got 2012 (which I thought had to be a set tier, not a coincidence) for my account being transfered over. I also got the Vancouver home jersey from a free pack so I can't sell it. I thought about throwing it away instead of putting it in my collection.

Old
09-16-2011, 08:29 AM
squidz*
dun worry he's cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandbll View Post
The game feels A LOT better. They definitely stepped up the physics. The biggest thing for me is the skate drag. The computer was so picky about off-sides the past few years and it could really kill potential 2 on 1 break aways. Now i almost never get off-side calls. Also, i love that they've made it feel like the goalie is an actual player as opposed to some invincible robot. Some people have complained about interference, but i hardly ever get it.

However, there are two things that are bugging the hell out of me. First, the net comes loose if you freaking breathe on it wrong. It's constantly coming loose. Just way too often. And the thing they forgot is that if I have the puck and the opponent knocks MY net loose, i get to play out the puck til it changes possession. It really pisses me off when i have the puck and they stop for a faceoff because my opponent knocked my net loose.

Second, and most importantly: The Hip check. They need to either fix it or just kill this move all together. It's freaking cheater in the game. The range it affects you at is larger than the player themselves. So i'll think that i can breeze right by a guy hip checking and then all of sudden im on my ass. And another thing, hip checks work because of momentum. If i'm just starting from a dead stop and take one step and then hit a guy hip checking, i'm not going to fly over him. I'm going to run into him and then go around. In an essence, hip checking is WAY more useful in the game than normal checking because it's a knockdown 100% the time you connect, and its not hard to connect. It really takes the fun out of the game when i'm playing someone in HUT and that's all they do and i have to play through the entire game.
I haven't had problems with the net coming loose (except for one time where I had possession of the puck on the blue line, on a 2 man breakaway and the opponent knocked my net...) and have been adapting to the interference problems. I'm playing a net charging powerforward, so I have problems smashing into the goalie. I think I have it mostly figured out now though. I like that you can bowl over the goalie without being called for it if you're charging with the puck and shoot at the right time. It's also a nice touch that the goalie actually tries to stop the puck after the whistle instead of just letting it in the net.

I've only seen the glass broken once so far, and that was in a CHL game. I'm glad they made it fairly rare because that could get obnoxious quick.

Old
09-16-2011, 05:48 PM
llamapalooza
Hockey State Expat

Ok, everyone, I managed to get a team name through! Everyone on XBL join the St Paul Pink Sox. My gamertag's llamapalooza87, if you need me.

Old
09-16-2011, 08:08 PM
Puhis
@Puhis46

Send a message via MSN to Puhis Send a message via Skype™ to Puhis
So, I bought PS3 and NHL12 on Thursday. Add Rainyday77 on PSN... if you want to.

Never played it online (apart from random match against friends in NHL10), so I need some protips. I'd call myself "passable" player, even if most of my experience is from 09 and 10.

Old
09-17-2011, 01:12 AM
squidz*
dun worry he's cool

Injuries.

Holy crap have they increased in Be A GM mode. I used to skate by with upgrading medical staff just one level, then spending all my points elsewhere. I simmed most of a season and averaged 3 players with unplayable injuries at all times.

Old
09-17-2011, 01:34 AM
berdush

Quote:
You get bonus pucks for having played HUT in 11, but I'm not sure how they are calculated. I got 2012 (which I thought had to be a set tier, not a coincidence) for my account being transfered over. I also got the Vancouver home jersey from a free pack so I can't sell it. I thought about throwing it away instead of putting it in my collection.
does these bonus pucks amount raises if 11 HUT had more pucks or is it about how succesfull u were?

Old
09-17-2011, 10:41 AM
squidz*
dun worry he's cool

Quote:
does these bonus pucks amount raises if 11 HUT had more pucks or is it about how succesfull u were?
If I had to guess, it takes a look at what the rating for your team was and assigns them based on that. I always played with cheap, non-NHL players so I think I had a 2 or 2.5 star team only and got 2012. Someone else mentioned getting 5000 for theirs.

Old
09-17-2011, 11:21 AM
Puhis
@Puhis46

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puhis View Post
So, I bought PS3 and NHL12 on Thursday. Add Rainyday77 on PSN... if you want to.

Never played it online (apart from random match against friends in NHL10), so I need some protips. I'd call myself "passable" player, even if most of my experience is from 09 and 10.
Apparently nobody wants to add me.

Nah, but seriously, I love this game. Is it possible to play with your custom team online, or is it like before (only official teams)? I was thinking that we could have some sort of Wild Board tourney, but of course everyone wants to play with Wild.

Old
09-17-2011, 12:24 PM
usernam*
#TeamSuccess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puhis View Post
Apparently nobody wants to add me.

Nah, but seriously, I love this game. Is it possible to play with your custom team online, or is it like before (only official teams)? I was thinking that we could have some sort of Wild Board tourney, but of course everyone wants to play with Wild.
I could play with almost anyone. I loved playing with Boston, LA and New Jersey in NHL 11. I actually rarely play as the Wild on NHL games.

Old
09-17-2011, 02:56 PM
Puhis
@Puhis46

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burns4Norris View Post
I could play with almost anyone. I loved playing with Boston, LA and New Jersey in NHL 11. I actually rarely play as the Wild on NHL games.
PS3 or Xbox360? I'm Rainyday77 on PSN. Add me, if you want to do some random gaming, or that team card building thingy which I've mostly done tonight (My team is Snaipperit in case you're wondering). I've played 4 games IIRC so far, lost all but two of them only 0-1, which is quite good since my top line is 72-68-81. I have good D with 74-74, 74-72 and 74-69 but my centers are really bad. 77 and 74 is quite good on the G department. Still need to build up my team a bit more.

Do we already have a EASHL team in PSN?

Closed Thread