HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Whitney and Hemsky not 100%

Old
09-15-2011, 07:45 PM
BrinkOfGreatness*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmi Jenkins View Post
My mom's boss, Dr. Randall W. Kreutz Oral Surgeon, ended up Golfing with Ryan Whitney and Tom Gilbert the other day, I guess Whitney told him the injury was at 90%, so take that for what it's worth.
They were rippin it up that day. Whitney, Horc, and Smyths team won thew MacDonalds golf tournament that day (Monday)

BrinkOfGreatness* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2011, 07:52 PM
17Kurri

Quote:
Originally Posted by guymez View Post
I don't see anyone advocating that these players should be rushed back...the issue is more about when they will be healthy enough to play and how durable and effective they will be once they are playing.
I've heard that both are pretty much on schedule in their recoveries and, barring any drastic changes in progress, should be ready to go at 100% come the first game of the season.

17Kurri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2011, 08:04 PM
OFD
Metal Thrasing Mad

Quote:
I don't see anyone advocating that these players should be rushed back...the issue is more about when they will be healthy enough to play and how durable and effective they will be once they are playing.
No no I am aware of that, just throwing my thoughts out there

OFD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2011, 11:50 PM
BrinkOfGreatness*

I know this can look immature, but I laughed out loud. A Pens fan to Whitney....

Steel_Kerrtain - I rejoiced when the Pens traded you

Ryan Whitney - Never heard that one before. I shall rejoice when you get your yellow teeth whitened.

BrinkOfGreatness* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2011, 12:02 AM
Doppler Drift

Quote:
The concern for me all along has been his ability to recover from the surgery...physically and mentally. Its already taking longer (physically) than expected...I just don't see that as a non issue.

His history factors into this because its been 3 years since Hemsky was an effective player (primarily due to shoulder issues) and these shoulder issues have the potential to become chronic.

Hemsky (due to his existing contract) has a 5-6 month window to prove he still has value to this or any other team.
This is just plain false. He certainly has been injured a lot the last 3 seasons, but he has been the most effective offensive player on the team when in the line-up. Heck he is about the only effective outscorer among the forwards.

Doppler Drift is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2011, 01:29 AM
Soundwave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Champion View Post
I know this can look immature, but I laughed out loud. A Pens fan to Whitney....

Steel_Kerrtain - I rejoiced when the Pens traded you

Ryan Whitney - Never heard that one before. I shall rejoice when you get your yellow teeth whitened.
A little extra motivation for the season opener perhaps

Soundwave is online now   Reply With Quote