HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Washington Capitals
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2011 Capitals Roster Speculation, Thoughts, & Expectations (Acq./Rost. Bldg./Cap)

Closed Thread

Old
11-04-2011, 05:47 AM
RandyHolt
Opposite George = GM

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystlyfe View Post
We weren't in a position to be gambling on reclamation projects like Souray. Didn't have the cap or roster space for it. Nor would Souray have been as good of a fit next to Green, which is seemingly a big part of why McPhee chose Hamrlik.

Carolina doesn't have a lot of pylons on their blueline, though. Their blueline is pretty mobile. Suppose we can try and match them up against Harrison.
Most blue lines seem to be going that direction, hell the whole league is. Still, someone is their biggest lunkhead and I hope Bruce gets them out against the slowest or least skilled pair.

Bruce doesnt seem to care much these days though. He wants to put a line together, he is doing it damnit, I am the ****ing coach. I dont care what ****ing people think. Sometimes players needs to be jerked around and put in their place, the party is over. He has 12000+ combos to sift through, and I welcome him realizing last years lines pairings and approach didnt work. Its November, now is the time for experiments. He can abort anytime. Its hockey, he can change back on the fly.

Old
11-04-2011, 06:48 AM
Ovechkins Wodka

vCash: 500
Blues fans seem to want TJ Oshie traded, Ive always been a fan of him and wonder what it would be like to see him in a caps jersey. With brooks and mojo playing so well early are we even in the market for a center?

Old
11-04-2011, 11:27 AM
Mystlyfe
We're Touched

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ovechkins Wodka View Post
Blues fans seem to want TJ Oshie traded, Ive always been a fan of him and wonder what it would be like to see him in a caps jersey. With brooks and mojo playing so well early are we even in the market for a center?
Oshie's played mostly wing the last couple years. He's definitely got some untapped upside, and maybe a change of scenery would do him good. But his play style isn't all that different from Brouwer's (with more energy and less size), so he'd be kind of redundant.

Plus, even if they want him traded, he probably would still command a noteworthy return. Doubt they'd let him go without a roster player or a high-end prospect heading back.

Old
11-04-2011, 11:53 AM
Capitlols

Oshie brings more energy than Brouwer and a much greater offensive skill set. Injuries have hampered his development, also can't see the Blues trading him, yet.

Old
11-04-2011, 12:29 PM
Mystlyfe
We're Touched

Quote:
Originally Posted by Appreci8 View Post
Oshie brings more energy than Brouwer and a much greater offensive skill set. Injuries have hampered his development, also can't see the Blues trading him, yet.
I think "role" would have been a better word for me to use than "style." I think we filled the spot we could have given to Oshie in this scenario with Brouwer. Oshie would bring more to the 1st line, but Brouwer gives more as a screener on the powerplay.

$0.02

Old
11-05-2011, 09:30 AM
OVrocks

He is the definition of average and is likely over paid,but he does serve a purpose. We brought him here to hit stuff and park in front of the goal, which he has done consistently so I can't complain. However, it would be nice if he didn't constantly flub good passes and could bury some good chances he gets, but alas.

Old
11-05-2011, 10:44 AM
Backstrom #19
Fire them all

Quote:
Originally Posted by OVrocks View Post
He is the definition of average and is likely over paid,but he does serve a purpose. We brought him here to hit stuff and park in front of the goal, which he has done consistently so I can't complain. However, it would be nice if he didn't constantly flub good passes and could bury some good chances he gets, but alas.
He buried that good chance last night, no?

Old
11-05-2011, 11:57 AM
bonzaibondra12

Quote:
Likely overpaid?

7 points in 11 games, +5 when his linemates are +1/+2, leads the team in hits, and has a 14.2% shot percentage. At 2.35 mil, you are calling that overpaid? Have you looked at what similar players are making or you just negative to be negative.

Old
11-05-2011, 02:20 PM
HSHS
Losing is a disease

You had me at "average" and "overpaid" at 2.3M...

Old
11-05-2011, 02:26 PM
Icetime

Quote:

He has been worth.... every... single... penny.

Old
11-05-2011, 02:30 PM
BobRouse

Quote:
Clearly you put ZERO value in physical play and net presence. He has opened up lots of room for all of his linemates and is always in the mix. The guy finishes every check available. Love him! I don't consider that "average"

He's a 20 goal scorer who brings a gritty style of play to a team that desperately needs more grit and got it.

Old
11-06-2011, 11:12 AM
Chimaera
same ol' Caps

vCash: 600
I think the club is going to look for a player who can play on the second line at some point in the trade market.

I think that's the objective of the Eakin pickup. They need a guy who can play leftwing or play center in a pinch and take draws here or there (since MoJo is pretty awful at that regularly). I think Knuble's ill fit moving to the left on that line, and the kicking the tires on Turris is a thought in this direction.

Old
11-07-2011, 12:48 PM
LandofLincoln

Wideman or Semin

gone at the deadline?

Both guys are not coming back next year. It's better to get something than end up with nothing.

Old
11-07-2011, 12:52 PM
Fitlanbox

I think Wideman is somewhere else next year regardless of whether or not Semin, or anyone else really, goes. That being said, I really don't see Semin going anywhere, and I think Wideman leaves next summer, not at the deadline(barring a collapse or something).

Old
11-07-2011, 12:52 PM
HSHS
Losing is a disease

Only part of a larger hockey trade.

---Being a mod prevents me from responding as I'd like.

Old
11-07-2011, 12:55 PM
Drake1588
UNATCO

Quote:
Originally Posted by LandofLincoln View Post
gone at the deadline?

Both guys are not coming back next year. It's better to get something than end up with nothing.
BS. For contenders, that is not always true at all.

Old
11-07-2011, 01:22 PM
Click Here
You know you want to

Quote:
gone at the deadline?

cup > assets

Old
11-07-2011, 01:26 PM
usiel
HFBoards Sponsor

Send a message via MSN to usiel
Quote:
Originally Posted by HSHS View Post
Only part of a larger hockey trade.

---Being a mod prevents me from responding as I'd like.
Now you can feel the invisible mod chains tightening .

11-07-2011, 01:53 PM
txpd

Quote:
gone at the deadline?

Drake is correct. Teams contending for the championship dont take big pieces out of their lineup down the stretch because they are pending UFA's.

If Wideman or Semin were going to be traded, it very likely would have happened already. Based on his career, Semin is the Caps #2 goal scorer. At the deadling acquiring playoff teams want to bolster their lineup. That means the Caps yank their 2nd best goal scorer out of the lineup in exchange for a first round pick and a hot prospect. That has the opposite effect.

Look at it another way. McPhee has two deadline rentals already. Semin and Wideman. Are there going to be any better available at this deadline?

Old
11-07-2011, 02:08 PM
BrooklynCapsFan
Waiting on the Isles

What are the chances that the financial situation of the NJD is so dire that Parise is moved?

Last edited by BrooklynCapsFan: 11-07-2011 at 02:28 PM.
Old
11-07-2011, 02:26 PM
brs03
Coo coo ca cha!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooklynCapsFan View Post
What are the chances that the financial situation is so dire that Parise is moved?
That's an interesting question. I guess it would depend almost entirely on where the Devils are by the time the deadline rolls around; for them to even consider trading him you'd think they'd have to be pretty far out, no?

But I guess it is fair to ask if they'll be able to commit to another huge contract like Kovy's if that's the type of thing Parise is looking for.

I feel like the two sides will find a way to get it done no matter what, but anything is possible I suppose.

Old
11-07-2011, 03:23 PM
Chimaera
same ol' Caps

vCash: 600
Not sure that he's moved on money alone. I think they would realize his Impact on their ability to be competitive

Old
11-07-2011, 04:12 PM
HSHS
Losing is a disease

Quote:
Originally Posted by usiel View Post
Now you can feel the invisible mod chains tightening .
Well I'm married so I'm used to the feeling.

Old
11-07-2011, 04:19 PM
Click Here
You know you want to

whats our cap situation going to be at the deadline in terms of pro-rated space available for new salary?

Old
11-07-2011, 04:26 PM
ChibiPooky
Caps/Avs/Bills fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by drunksuperhero View Post
whats our cap situation going to be at the deadline in terms of pro-rated space available for new salary?
Only whatever portion of Poti's LTIR cushion is unused, as LTIR doesn't bank cap space.

Closed Thread