HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Washington Capitals
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2011 Capitals Roster Speculation, Thoughts, & Expectations (Acq./Rost. Bldg./Cap)

Closed Thread

Old
11-19-2011, 10:16 PM
Carlzner

vCash: 500
We really need to call Chris Bourque up...
He was awesome in pre-season and is tearing it up in Hershey.

Old
11-19-2011, 11:42 PM
Capsman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaz View Post
We really need to call Chris Bourque up...
He was awesome in pre-season and is tearing it up in Hershey.
He will get sucked into the black hole rather than improve anything. There is one and only one solution.

Old
11-19-2011, 11:44 PM
Mr Gone
Green = Man of Glass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtbag59 View Post
Actually I was about to say that I was wrong about him on the point. I only remember seeing 3 or 4 goals from the blue line in that video. The bulk of his goals seem to be going to the net on chip ins or shooting wristers from the slot.
He does not hit the net anymore. Well at least not like he used to.

Old
11-19-2011, 11:51 PM
Carlzner

This was suggested in the Trade section and i liked it alot... I suggested Hendricks be switched with Perreault though...

Semin, Hendricks, Schultz

Filppula, Stuart, Hudler, 1st

Old
11-19-2011, 11:56 PM
Capitlols
Historic Chokers

Switch Schultz to Hamrlik and/or Hudler for Abdelkader.

Old
11-20-2011, 07:55 AM
WhiskeySeven*
Founded: BargainBin

Has Hamrlik's play improved? What are his benefits and drawbacks? Are you more or less okay with his contract now?

/curious habs fan.

Old
11-20-2011, 08:48 AM
Harvey Specter
Lord Stanley and I.

one individual like chris bourque isnt going to make a difference. they need a complete philosophy change which will get 2/3+ of the team to play differently. this should be a physical team complimented by great skating and skill. instead its soft transition team thats clueless in the defensive zone, incredibly weak on the forecheck and incapable of cycling the puck.

Old
11-20-2011, 10:15 AM
fsnoles98

This team is coached by the players, not by the coach. They play for contracts and stats not for the team. Until that changes we will continue to struggle. The only positive out of this situation is the bandwagon jumpers of "rock the red" will disappear allowing true fan to purchase tickets to watch a struggling team just like we did in Landover.

Old
11-20-2011, 10:19 AM
Devil Dancer

Quote:
Originally Posted by fsnoles98 View Post
The only positive out of this situation is the bandwagon jumpers of "rock the red" will disappear allowing true fan to purchase tickets to watch a struggling team just like we did in Landover.
Keep dreaming. They have to fall a lot farther than this to put a significant dent in ticket demand.

Old
11-20-2011, 10:55 PM
IafrateOvie34

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiskeySeven View Post
Has Hamrlik's play improved? What are his benefits and drawbacks? Are you more or less okay with his contract now?

/curious habs fan.
For one, he is getting played too much like Habs fans warned about. The other reason is, he is too old and shouldn't be playing in the NHL. Some players live off their name and being a former high draft pick. He sure isn't the player I remember seeing in Edmonton, but that was half a career ago.

Old
11-21-2011, 12:25 AM
SameOld

For what it's worth, Hamrlik has been averaging 19:55 min/game this season. Last year with Montreal he averaged a 22:17.

I've been surprised at the number of penalties he commits. Some nights it feels like he and Semin are just splitting time in the box.

Old
11-22-2011, 09:45 AM
NobodyBeatsTheWiz
Happy now?

Watching that Ovechkin video, two differences stand out to me:

1- He had a MUCH quicker trigger. Seemed to shoot earlier in possession, and didn't let defenders get in the shooting lane.

2- His puck protection has gone down the *******. Did a much better job before keeping his body between the defenders and the puck.

Old
11-22-2011, 09:47 AM
NobodyBeatsTheWiz
Happy now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiskeySeven View Post

/curious habs fan.
No. Benefits? Drawbacks: too slow, takes a ton of minor penalties, can't win a race to a dump-in, provides no offense. I'd be okay with his contract if it was a two-way deal, rather than a two year deal.

Old
11-22-2011, 12:31 PM
CapitalsCupFantasy
HFBoards Sponsor

Is there a respected vet Russian out there to be had in a trade? That's what I would be looking for right now. Either that or bring in a retired Russian great to be an assistant. Ovy and Semin, left to their own devices since Feds and Koz left....not so good....

Old
11-22-2011, 12:52 PM
ChibiPooky
Yay hockey!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapitalsCup2012 View Post
Is there a respected vet Russian out there to be had in a trade? That's what I would be looking for right now. Either that or bring in a retired Russian great to be an assistant. Ovy and Semin, left to their own devices since Feds and Koz left....not so good....
I bet Yashin or Gonchar would be available.

Old
11-22-2011, 12:55 PM
CapitalsCupFantasy
HFBoards Sponsor

I said respected not ridiculed...

Old
11-22-2011, 01:09 PM
BrooklynCapsFan
Waiting on the Isles

Any realistic Semin trades you can come up with?

Semin+Schultz for Stuart (det)

Semin for Gagne and Penner

Semin for a Nashville draft pick

Semin for broken Andy McDonald

Old
11-22-2011, 02:06 PM
kmart

Send a message via MSN to kmart
Quote:
Originally Posted by CapitalsCup2012 View Post
I said respected not ridiculed...
fedorov is searching for a contract but he has some kind of money issues, so u have to pay him good.

Old
11-22-2011, 02:24 PM
Raikkonen
In GMBT we trust

I have to remind you my permanent proposal of last 2 years =)

Semin for the rights of Radulov straight

Old
11-22-2011, 03:11 PM
ChibiPooky
Yay hockey!

I was thinking about a possible Semin deal myself. The receiving team would have to be either Western Conference or bad, hopefully both. Also not one of the teams likely to move over given any realignment.

One scenario I looked at is taking on Bouwmeester and his underperformance. Equivalent salary and keeps Hamrlik off the ice. It adds some consistency to the D as well, as Bouwmeester is the current reigning iron man (or it could mean he's just due for an injury )

Another idea I toyed with is sending Semin and Hamrlik to Colorado for Shane O'Brien and David Jones. I think Jones would be dynamite with Johansson, and Shane O'Brien has looked like a good fit for Green defensively - he's quick enough to get to the puck in the corner, and a decent enough puck mover to clear, and nasty enough to be the physical presence on the pair.

Other teams I thought briefly about (but not enough to put together any solid ideas) were Vancouver and Dallas.

Old
11-22-2011, 03:19 PM
sunnydaycrash

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChibiPooky View Post
I was thinking about a possible Semin deal myself. The receiving team would have to be either Western Conference or bad, hopefully both. Also not one of the teams likely to move over given any realignment.

One scenario I looked at is taking on Bouwmeester and his underperformance. Equivalent salary and keeps Hamrlik off the ice. It adds some consistency to the D as well, as Bouwmeester is the current reigning iron man (or it could mean he's just due for an injury )

Another idea I toyed with is sending Semin and Hamrlik to Colorado for Shane O'Brien and David Jones. I think Jones would be dynamite with Johansson, and Shane O'Brien has looked like a good fit for Green defensively - he's quick enough to get to the puck in the corner, and a decent enough puck mover to clear, and nasty enough to be the physical presence on the pair.

Other teams I thought briefly about (but not enough to put together any solid ideas) were Vancouver and Dallas.
I don`t see anyone trading for him. no one will pay him what he`s looking for in regards to NHL teams. I think he bolts for the KHL next season, unless the Habs or Wings want him. He needs to be surrounded my Russian players or he`s gone for sure.

Old
11-22-2011, 03:34 PM
ChibiPooky
Yay hockey!

OK, so on the subject of respected Russian vets who are currently in the NHL:

Ruslan Fedotenko (NYR) is about it. He's Ukrainian. There are a couple others who are too expensive to consider (Nik Antropov for example).

I think the problem is that Ovechkin and Semin are supposed to be the respected Russian vets.

Old
11-22-2011, 04:28 PM
NobodyBeatsTheWiz
Happy now?

Semin for Stoll.

Or, even better: Semin and Hamrlik/Schultz for Stoll and Scuderi/Mitchell

Old
11-22-2011, 04:36 PM
Capitlols
Historic Chokers

Semin for Kulemin?

Old
11-22-2011, 05:03 PM
IafrateOvie34

I was kind of hoping Semin for Turris today. I kept refreshing the NHL pages to see. After watching Semin sitting out, playing Phoenix last night, and the Turris resigning I couldn't help but wonder. I would rather have 2 years of Turris than have Semin sitting on the team with his contract and taking those penalties. It would have freed up some space for other moves towards the trade deadline too. Anyway, that trade won't happen, but it was wishful thinking. I would like the Caps to go after a defenseman or keep Orlov up. I am a believer you can't have enough defense, but we haven't had that in Washington for a long time.

Closed Thread