HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Washington Capitals
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2011 Capitals Roster Speculation, Thoughts, & Expectations (Acq./Rost. Bldg./Cap)

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
11-22-2011, 06:03 PM
  #901
CapitalsCupFantasy
HFBoards Sponsor
 
CapitalsCupFantasy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Country: United States
Posts: 28,090
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by IafrateOvie34 View Post
I was kind of hoping Semin for Turris today. I kept refreshing the NHL pages to see. After watching Semin sitting out, playing Phoenix last night, and the Turris resigning I couldn't help but wonder. I would rather have 2 years of Turris than have Semin sitting on the team with his contract and taking those penalties. It would have freed up some space for other moves towards the trade deadline too. Anyway, that trade won't happen, but it was wishful thinking. I would like the Caps to go after a defenseman or keep Orlov up. I am a believer you can't have enough defense, but we haven't had that in Washington for a long time.
I was thinking the same thing when I saw the signing announced....

CapitalsCupFantasy is offline  
Old
11-22-2011, 06:13 PM
  #902
IafrateOvie34
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 3,274
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CapitalsCup2012 View Post
I was thinking the same thing when I saw the signing announced....
Lol, I normally don't refresh those sites unless it is trade deadline, draft, or UFA days. All the appearances were there. I would have done it 1 for 1 too, no picks involved.

I never had the player hate on Semin like some posters do, but I was growing impatient with him. I think I've been more patient with him than any other player Caps history. The Tampa Bay series really was the straw and when we kept him, I thought maybe he would try to prove things differently and show the critics. It just didn't happen even though this is a little over a month into the season. We're lucky to get a draft pick for him at this point and I think that is why he'll be here until July 1. So much talent and lost potential.

IafrateOvie34 is offline  
Old
11-22-2011, 06:27 PM
  #903
Vladiator16
R.I.P - Loko.
 
Vladiator16's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Maryland
Posts: 6,687
vCash: 500
Semin for a... that unbelievable clutch scorer in Florida, whats his name... ahhhh.... the dude has 9 G's and 11 A'S so far... At one point in his carrier he was considered (by some hockey "analysts" from DC) to be soft and lazy and had to be traded coz he will never amount to anything... can somebody help me out with his name...

Vladiator16 is offline  
Old
11-22-2011, 07:14 PM
  #904
bonzaibondra12
Registered User
 
bonzaibondra12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Rockville, MD
Posts: 1,874
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vladiator16 View Post
Semin for a... that unbelievable clutch scorer in Florida, whats his name... ahhhh.... the dude has 9 G's and 11 A'S so far... At one point in his carrier he was considered (by some hockey "analysts" from DC) to be soft and lazy and had to be traded coz he will never amount to anything... can somebody help me out with his name...
Is is his face morphed in my sig?

bonzaibondra12 is offline  
Old
11-22-2011, 07:37 PM
  #905
caps4cup
Dynasty
 
caps4cup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Country: United States
Posts: 4,833
vCash: 500
I would absolutely love to get Turris. I'm really hoping they pull something like Schultz + Neuvirth for Turris or... Turris + Morris for Perreault + Schultz + Neuvirth. I was very impressed with Turris in the playoffs, IMO he was their best player. P

OV-Turris-Brouwer
Semin-Nicky-Knuble
Laich-Johansson-Eakin
Chimera-Halpern-Ward

4 great lines...

caps4cup is offline  
Old
11-22-2011, 07:38 PM
  #906
caps4cup
Dynasty
 
caps4cup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Country: United States
Posts: 4,833
vCash: 500
I would absolutely love to get Turris. I'm really hoping they pull something like Schultz + Neuvirth for Turris or... Turris + Morris for Perreault + Schultz + Neuvirth. I was very impressed with Turris in the playoffs, IMO he was their best player. P

OV-Turris-Brouwer
Semin-Nicky-Knuble
Laich-Johansson-Eakin
Chimera-Halpern-Ward

Green-Morris
Alzner-Carlson
Hammer-Wideman

4 great lines and 3 great pairings...

caps4cup is offline  
Old
11-22-2011, 07:40 PM
  #907
bonzaibondra12
Registered User
 
bonzaibondra12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Rockville, MD
Posts: 1,874
vCash: 500
A 25 pt player is going to be a 1C over Backstrom? And fetch that return?

bonzaibondra12 is offline  
Old
11-22-2011, 07:42 PM
  #908
Halpysback
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 8,426
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vladiator16 View Post
Semin for a... that unbelievable clutch scorer in Florida, whats his name... ahhhh.... the dude has 9 G's and 11 A'S so far... At one point in his carrier he was considered (by some hockey "analysts" from DC) to be soft and lazy and had to be traded coz he will never amount to anything... can somebody help me out with his name...

Halpysback is offline  
Old
11-22-2011, 08:05 PM
  #909
caps4cup
Dynasty
 
caps4cup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Country: United States
Posts: 4,833
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bonzaibondra12 View Post
A 25 pt player is going to be a 1C over Backstrom? And fetch that return?
Im just a fan of more even lines. And yes, I was very impressed by Turris in the playoffs. Great speed, hands, he looked like what he should have been/should be.

caps4cup is offline  
Old
11-22-2011, 08:06 PM
  #910
caps4cup
Dynasty
 
caps4cup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Country: United States
Posts: 4,833
vCash: 500
Wrong thread


Last edited by caps4cup: 11-22-2011 at 08:31 PM.
caps4cup is offline  
Old
11-22-2011, 08:39 PM
  #911
Vladiator16
R.I.P - Loko.
 
Vladiator16's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Maryland
Posts: 6,687
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bonzaibondra12 View Post
Is is his face morphed in my sig?
I dont believe so, coz obviously no knowledgeable Washington Capitals fan would ever put his pic in their avatar.

Vladiator16 is offline  
Old
11-22-2011, 08:46 PM
  #912
Dirtbag59
Registered User
 
Dirtbag59's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 1,867
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by IafrateOvie34 View Post
Lol, I normally don't refresh those sites unless it is trade deadline, draft, or UFA days. All the appearances were there. I would have done it 1 for 1 too, no picks involved.

I never had the player hate on Semin like some posters do, but I was growing impatient with him. I think I've been more patient with him than any other player Caps history. The Tampa Bay series really was the straw and when we kept him, I thought maybe he would try to prove things differently and show the critics. It just didn't happen even though this is a little over a month into the season. We're lucky to get a draft pick for him at this point and I think that is why he'll be here until July 1. So much talent and lost potential.
After the Varly trade I'm beginning to wonder if we can get a first rounder from Columbus for him.

Dirtbag59 is offline  
Old
11-22-2011, 09:26 PM
  #913
Millhaus
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 6,023
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SwedishMeatballs1990 View Post
Im just a fan of more even lines. And yes, I was very impressed by Turris in the playoffs. Great speed, hands, he looked like what he should have been/should be.
Nothing like a 4 game sample size to dissuade all doubt...

Millhaus is offline  
Old
11-23-2011, 08:56 AM
  #914
BobRouse
Registered User
 
BobRouse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 6,926
vCash: 500
I don't think we'll trade Semin unless a Bobby Carpenter type trade (they are in somewhat of similar situations...struggling talented player who has drawn the ire of his coach) comes along. We just gotta hope he turns it around plain and simple. McPhee is not going to dump him for nothing or bring on a bad contract.

I think they should just keep all hands on board and weather the storm. No need to make changes and if there is a change to be made then we can safely assume it will be the coach first.

BobRouse is offline  
Old
11-23-2011, 09:47 AM
  #915
third man in
Registered User
 
third man in's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Maryland
Country: United States
Posts: 2,768
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vladiator16 View Post
Semin for a... that unbelievable clutch scorer in Florida, whats his name... ahhhh.... the dude has 9 G's and 11 A'S so far... At one point in his carrier he was considered (by some hockey "analysts" from DC) to be soft and lazy and had to be traded coz he will never amount to anything... can somebody help me out with his name...
Wake me when his game translates to the playoffs. He's getting tons of time on ice right now, in the RS. He had his moments here in the RS. Nowhere to be found in the playoffs, each and every year. Seriously had a party when they traded him. Love the person, hate the player.

third man in is offline  
Old
11-23-2011, 12:35 PM
  #916
Foy
Registered User
 
Foy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 20,965
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobRouse View Post
I don't think we'll trade Semin unless a Bobby Carpenter type trade (they are in somewhat of similar situations...struggling talented player who has drawn the ire of his coach) comes along. We just gotta hope he turns it around plain and simple. McPhee is not going to dump him for nothing or bring on a bad contract.

I think they should just keep all hands on board and weather the storm. No need to make changes and if there is a change to be made then we can safely assume it will be the coach first.
If we can get the equivalent of what we got for Carpenter, do it NOW.

Foy is offline  
Old
11-23-2011, 01:23 PM
  #917
californiacapsfan
Registered Voter
 
californiacapsfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Berzerkeley, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 6,004
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by third man in View Post
Wake me when his game translates to the playoffs. He's getting tons of time on ice right now, in the RS. He had his moments here in the RS. Nowhere to be found in the playoffs, each and every year. Seriously had a party when they traded him. Love the person, hate the player.
This. He was given every opportunity to succeed. He's had great streaks before, which is why the Caps stayed with him so long. He will go cold. And if/when Fla gets to POs, don't expect much. He is still butter soft and easy to knock of the puck. When the game gets more physical, he can't hang.

californiacapsfan is online now  
Old
11-23-2011, 01:35 PM
  #918
Vladiator16
R.I.P - Loko.
 
Vladiator16's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Maryland
Posts: 6,687
vCash: 500
All right than, so what you saying is his regular season performance doesn't matter if in play offs he goes bust, i understand... but than why is Semin getting so much flack for not performing up to par now, it is just a regular season, isn't it? ...and in PO's he isn't much worse than heros like Laich.

Vladiator16 is offline  
Old
11-23-2011, 01:54 PM
  #919
BrooklynCapsFan
Waiting on the Isles
 
BrooklynCapsFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Brooklyn, New York
Posts: 15,029
vCash: 500
How are you people so ****ing stupid?

Fleischmann is playing in a top 6 role. That's his ideal spot.

He should not supplant Ovechkin, Backstrom, Brouwer, Semin, Johansson or Knuble/Laich. That's a nice balance of skill and grit, offense and defense. That means that here, Flash would either be putting someone out to play in the top six, or he'd be out of place in the bottom six.

Christ. He's gone, he sucked while he was here, he was always injured, he blew at defense and now he earns $4.5 million. *****, *****, *****.

BrooklynCapsFan is offline  
Old
11-23-2011, 01:57 PM
  #920
mrwarden
Nothing Witty
 
mrwarden's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Austin, TX
Country: United States
Posts: 8,983
vCash: 500
You don't understand. Bruce didn't use him right. Move Semin to D, Flash to 2RW, and boom, Stanley Cup.

__________________
mrwarden is in ur threads, deleting ur posts
mrwarden is offline  
Old
11-23-2011, 02:00 PM
  #921
amjay13
HFBoards Sponsor
 
amjay13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Scottsdale, AZ
Country: United States
Posts: 3,640
vCash: 500
Explain to me why Phoenix would make any of the suggested trades.

Semin for Turris-Trade a young top 3 pick for a rental who has what, four goals this year?

Morris and Turris for Neuvy, Schultz, Perrault. Spare parts do not get you a potential young star and a solid NHL d-man.

When you factor in Semin's play, attitude, contract and likely desire to end up in Russia, his trade value has to be among the lowest in the league.

amjay13 is offline  
Old
11-23-2011, 02:13 PM
  #922
Skrudland2Lomakin
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 1,624
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by amjay13 View Post
Explain to me why Phoenix would make any of the suggested trades.

Semin for Turris-Trade a young top 3 pick for a rental who has what, four goals this year?

Morris and Turris for Neuvy, Schultz, Perrault. Spare parts do not get you a potential young star and a solid NHL d-man.

When you factor in Semin's play, attitude, contract and likely desire to end up in Russia, his trade value has to be among the lowest in the league.
Substitute play with health and the same could have been said for Varlamov, so who knows how GM's think.

Skrudland2Lomakin is offline  
Old
11-23-2011, 02:15 PM
  #923
amjay13
HFBoards Sponsor
 
amjay13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Scottsdale, AZ
Country: United States
Posts: 3,640
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skrudland2Lomakin View Post
Substitute play with health and the same could have been said for Varlamov, so who knows how GM's think.
Varly's play was excellent during his time in DC. I also don't recall any attitude issues until the contract situation came up.

amjay13 is offline  
Old
11-23-2011, 03:04 PM
  #924
Vladiator16
R.I.P - Loko.
 
Vladiator16's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Maryland
Posts: 6,687
vCash: 500
What is really stupid is all that trade Semin strip Ovechkin of the C talk at this point of the season.

Vladiator16 is offline  
Old
11-24-2011, 06:06 PM
  #925
thewill78
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 267
vCash: 500
Am i the only one saying that i'd clam Moreau on waivers from the Islanders if we had the cap space?

thewill78 is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:43 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.