HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Washington Capitals
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2011 Capitals Roster Speculation, Thoughts, & Expectations (Acq./Rost. Bldg./Cap)

Closed Thread

Old
11-22-2011, 06:03 PM
CapitalsCupFantasy
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by IafrateOvie34 View Post
I was kind of hoping Semin for Turris today. I kept refreshing the NHL pages to see. After watching Semin sitting out, playing Phoenix last night, and the Turris resigning I couldn't help but wonder. I would rather have 2 years of Turris than have Semin sitting on the team with his contract and taking those penalties. It would have freed up some space for other moves towards the trade deadline too. Anyway, that trade won't happen, but it was wishful thinking. I would like the Caps to go after a defenseman or keep Orlov up. I am a believer you can't have enough defense, but we haven't had that in Washington for a long time.
I was thinking the same thing when I saw the signing announced....

Old
11-22-2011, 06:13 PM
IafrateOvie34

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapitalsCup2012 View Post
I was thinking the same thing when I saw the signing announced....
Lol, I normally don't refresh those sites unless it is trade deadline, draft, or UFA days. All the appearances were there. I would have done it 1 for 1 too, no picks involved.

I never had the player hate on Semin like some posters do, but I was growing impatient with him. I think I've been more patient with him than any other player Caps history. The Tampa Bay series really was the straw and when we kept him, I thought maybe he would try to prove things differently and show the critics. It just didn't happen even though this is a little over a month into the season. We're lucky to get a draft pick for him at this point and I think that is why he'll be here until July 1. So much talent and lost potential.

Old
11-22-2011, 06:27 PM
Vladiator16
R.I.P - Loko.

Semin for a... that unbelievable clutch scorer in Florida, whats his name... ahhhh.... the dude has 9 G's and 11 A'S so far... At one point in his carrier he was considered (by some hockey "analysts" from DC) to be soft and lazy and had to be traded coz he will never amount to anything... can somebody help me out with his name...

Old
11-22-2011, 07:14 PM
bonzaibondra12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vladiator16 View Post
Semin for a... that unbelievable clutch scorer in Florida, whats his name... ahhhh.... the dude has 9 G's and 11 A'S so far... At one point in his carrier he was considered (by some hockey "analysts" from DC) to be soft and lazy and had to be traded coz he will never amount to anything... can somebody help me out with his name...
Is is his face morphed in my sig?

Old
11-22-2011, 07:37 PM
caps4cup
Dynasty

I would absolutely love to get Turris. I'm really hoping they pull something like Schultz + Neuvirth for Turris or... Turris + Morris for Perreault + Schultz + Neuvirth. I was very impressed with Turris in the playoffs, IMO he was their best player. P

OV-Turris-Brouwer
Semin-Nicky-Knuble
Laich-Johansson-Eakin
Chimera-Halpern-Ward

4 great lines...

Old
11-22-2011, 07:38 PM
caps4cup
Dynasty

I would absolutely love to get Turris. I'm really hoping they pull something like Schultz + Neuvirth for Turris or... Turris + Morris for Perreault + Schultz + Neuvirth. I was very impressed with Turris in the playoffs, IMO he was their best player. P

OV-Turris-Brouwer
Semin-Nicky-Knuble
Laich-Johansson-Eakin
Chimera-Halpern-Ward

Green-Morris
Alzner-Carlson
Hammer-Wideman

4 great lines and 3 great pairings...

Old
11-22-2011, 07:40 PM
bonzaibondra12

A 25 pt player is going to be a 1C over Backstrom? And fetch that return?

Old
11-22-2011, 07:42 PM
Halpysback

Quote:

Old
11-22-2011, 08:05 PM
caps4cup
Dynasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonzaibondra12 View Post
A 25 pt player is going to be a 1C over Backstrom? And fetch that return?
Im just a fan of more even lines. And yes, I was very impressed by Turris in the playoffs. Great speed, hands, he looked like what he should have been/should be.

Old
11-22-2011, 08:06 PM
caps4cup
Dynasty

Wrong thread

Last edited by caps4cup: 11-22-2011 at 08:31 PM.
Old
11-22-2011, 08:39 PM
Vladiator16
R.I.P - Loko.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonzaibondra12 View Post
Is is his face morphed in my sig?
I dont believe so, coz obviously no knowledgeable Washington Capitals fan would ever put his pic in their avatar.

Old
11-22-2011, 08:46 PM
Dirtbag59

Quote:
Originally Posted by IafrateOvie34 View Post
Lol, I normally don't refresh those sites unless it is trade deadline, draft, or UFA days. All the appearances were there. I would have done it 1 for 1 too, no picks involved.

I never had the player hate on Semin like some posters do, but I was growing impatient with him. I think I've been more patient with him than any other player Caps history. The Tampa Bay series really was the straw and when we kept him, I thought maybe he would try to prove things differently and show the critics. It just didn't happen even though this is a little over a month into the season. We're lucky to get a draft pick for him at this point and I think that is why he'll be here until July 1. So much talent and lost potential.
After the Varly trade I'm beginning to wonder if we can get a first rounder from Columbus for him.

Old
11-22-2011, 09:26 PM
Millhaus

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwedishMeatballs1990 View Post
Im just a fan of more even lines. And yes, I was very impressed by Turris in the playoffs. Great speed, hands, he looked like what he should have been/should be.
Nothing like a 4 game sample size to dissuade all doubt...

Old
11-23-2011, 08:56 AM
BobRouse

I don't think we'll trade Semin unless a Bobby Carpenter type trade (they are in somewhat of similar situations...struggling talented player who has drawn the ire of his coach) comes along. We just gotta hope he turns it around plain and simple. McPhee is not going to dump him for nothing or bring on a bad contract.

I think they should just keep all hands on board and weather the storm. No need to make changes and if there is a change to be made then we can safely assume it will be the coach first.

Old
11-23-2011, 09:47 AM
third man in

Quote:
Wake me when his game translates to the playoffs. He's getting tons of time on ice right now, in the RS. He had his moments here in the RS. Nowhere to be found in the playoffs, each and every year. Seriously had a party when they traded him. Love the person, hate the player.

Old
11-23-2011, 12:35 PM
Foy

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobRouse View Post
I don't think we'll trade Semin unless a Bobby Carpenter type trade (they are in somewhat of similar situations...struggling talented player who has drawn the ire of his coach) comes along. We just gotta hope he turns it around plain and simple. McPhee is not going to dump him for nothing or bring on a bad contract.

I think they should just keep all hands on board and weather the storm. No need to make changes and if there is a change to be made then we can safely assume it will be the coach first.
If we can get the equivalent of what we got for Carpenter, do it NOW.

Old
11-23-2011, 01:23 PM
californiacapsfan
Registered Voter

Quote:
Originally Posted by third man in View Post
Wake me when his game translates to the playoffs. He's getting tons of time on ice right now, in the RS. He had his moments here in the RS. Nowhere to be found in the playoffs, each and every year. Seriously had a party when they traded him. Love the person, hate the player.
This. He was given every opportunity to succeed. He's had great streaks before, which is why the Caps stayed with him so long. He will go cold. And if/when Fla gets to POs, don't expect much. He is still butter soft and easy to knock of the puck. When the game gets more physical, he can't hang.

Old
11-23-2011, 01:35 PM
Vladiator16
R.I.P - Loko.

All right than, so what you saying is his regular season performance doesn't matter if in play offs he goes bust, i understand... but than why is Semin getting so much flack for not performing up to par now, it is just a regular season, isn't it? ...and in PO's he isn't much worse than heros like Laich.

Old
11-23-2011, 01:54 PM
BrooklynCapsFan
Waiting on the Isles

How are you people so ****ing stupid?

Fleischmann is playing in a top 6 role. That's his ideal spot.

He should not supplant Ovechkin, Backstrom, Brouwer, Semin, Johansson or Knuble/Laich. That's a nice balance of skill and grit, offense and defense. That means that here, Flash would either be putting someone out to play in the top six, or he'd be out of place in the bottom six.

Christ. He's gone, he sucked while he was here, he was always injured, he blew at defense and now he earns $4.5 million. *****, *****, *****.

Old
11-23-2011, 01:57 PM
mrwarden
Nothing Witty

You don't understand. Bruce didn't use him right. Move Semin to D, Flash to 2RW, and boom, Stanley Cup.

11-23-2011, 02:00 PM
amjay13
HFBoards Sponsor

Explain to me why Phoenix would make any of the suggested trades.

Semin for Turris-Trade a young top 3 pick for a rental who has what, four goals this year?

Morris and Turris for Neuvy, Schultz, Perrault. Spare parts do not get you a potential young star and a solid NHL d-man.

When you factor in Semin's play, attitude, contract and likely desire to end up in Russia, his trade value has to be among the lowest in the league.

Old
11-23-2011, 02:13 PM
Skrudland2Lomakin

Quote:
Originally Posted by amjay13 View Post
Explain to me why Phoenix would make any of the suggested trades.

Semin for Turris-Trade a young top 3 pick for a rental who has what, four goals this year?

Morris and Turris for Neuvy, Schultz, Perrault. Spare parts do not get you a potential young star and a solid NHL d-man.

When you factor in Semin's play, attitude, contract and likely desire to end up in Russia, his trade value has to be among the lowest in the league.
Substitute play with health and the same could have been said for Varlamov, so who knows how GM's think.

Old
11-23-2011, 02:15 PM
amjay13
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skrudland2Lomakin View Post
Substitute play with health and the same could have been said for Varlamov, so who knows how GM's think.
Varly's play was excellent during his time in DC. I also don't recall any attitude issues until the contract situation came up.

Old
11-23-2011, 03:04 PM
Vladiator16
R.I.P - Loko.

What is really stupid is all that trade Semin strip Ovechkin of the C talk at this point of the season.

Old
11-24-2011, 06:06 PM
thewill78

Am i the only one saying that i'd clam Moreau on waivers from the Islanders if we had the cap space?

Closed Thread