HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Vancouver Canucks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

9/14 - Young Stars - Game 3 - Canucks (5) vs Sharks (3)

Old
09-14-2011, 08:27 PM
Vajakki

vCash: 500
Polasek has had an excellent game so far. Looks a lot like Ohlund out there (in similar way as Erixon looks like Campbell). Very impressive, showing some puck skills too. NHL potential for sure.

Vajakki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-14-2011, 08:28 PM
Burrows Bite

Quote:
Originally Posted by whoshouse View Post
Anyone else think Polasek will jump Sauve this year on the depth chart by the end of the season? Been sayin' it for a while now.
I hope if anything Polasek plays in the game against the Boston Bruins this year. I know Polasek broke Teubert's nose, but this another guy in Boston who needs his huge nose broken. I think people know who I'am talking about.

Burrows Bite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-14-2011, 08:28 PM
StrictlyCommercial

Quote:
Originally Posted by RubberSoul View Post
Polasek has looked good & there is a chance but I doubt it. Sauve has already played with the big club & looked decent in his time here. You've also got to remember he did that after missing a good part of the beginning of last season too!
Sauve has been the better player so far in the rookie tournament. They're both very similar though. (big, defensive d-men with some offensive upside).

StrictlyCommercial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-14-2011, 08:30 PM
Nachoman AlfieSavage*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burrows Bite View Post
I hope if anything Polasek plays in the game against the Boston Bruins this year. I know Polasek broke Teubert's nose, but this another guy in Boston who needs his huge nose broken. I think people know who I'am talking about.
David Ortiz?

Nachoman AlfieSavage* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-14-2011, 08:31 PM
B-rock

Quote:
Originally Posted by RubberSoul View Post
Polasek has looked good & there is a chance but I doubt it. Sauve has already played with the big club & looked decent in his time here. You've also got to remember he did that after missing a good part of the beginning of last season too!
Not in my mind. Sauve I think is quite a bit ahead of Polasek. His hands and skating alone are quite above where Polasek is at this point. Polasek still looks pretty raw to me, whereas Sauve looks a lot more polished. Definitely shows potential though which is nice to see.

B-rock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-14-2011, 08:31 PM
Askel

Weird about Rodin this period he was hitting and making things happend with his stickhandling, looked like a different player.

I liked he fact that Grenier was in front of the goal on 2 of the goals.

Askel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-14-2011, 08:35 PM
whoshouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-rock View Post
Not in my mind. Sauve I think is quite a bit ahead of Polasek. His hands and skating alone are quite above where Polasek is at this point. Polasek still looks pretty raw to me, whereas Sauve looks a lot more polished. Definitely shows potential though which is nice to see.
I wouldn't say that at all. I think Polasek is very underrated on these boards. Personally, I think he already has better hands and is a better skater than Sauve. Sauve is maybe better positionally and defensively but its a matter of time before Polasek has more NHL games under his belt than Sauve.

whoshouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-14-2011, 08:38 PM
Lundface

Quote:
I wouldn't say that at all. I think Polasek is very underrated on these boards. Personally, I think he already has better hands and is a better skater than Sauve. Sauve is maybe better positionally and defensively but its a matter of time before Polasek has more NHL games under his belt than Sauve.
Sauve for sure has better mobility and skating than Polasek, but I think Polasek does have better hands. IMO he also has better vision and playmaking ability from the point.

Watching Polasek reminds me of Ohlund big time, hope he can continue to develop.

Lundface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-14-2011, 08:42 PM
Winroba
Keep Calm, Kassi On

just getting in, how have we looked

Winroba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-14-2011, 08:45 PM
whoshouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lundface View Post
Sauve for sure has better mobility and skating than Polasek, but I think Polasek does have better hands. IMO he also has better vision and playmaking ability from the point.

Watching Polasek reminds me of Ohlund big time, hope he can continue to develop.
Don't see how anyone can say Sauve is 'for sure' a better skater than Polasek. Guess we'll see later on this season who the better of the two is. Perhaps I just like Polasek a lot and am not to fond of Sauve much.

Ps. Lundface? lol nice name

Old
09-14-2011, 08:47 PM
biturbo19

Quote:
i'd definitely give the edge to Sauve in skating as well.

the one area where i see Polasek standing head and shoulders above Sauve is that mean streak he has and the consistency with which he plays the body.

that said, i really don't see him leapfrogging Sauve this year, but he does show a lot of promise.

biturbo19 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-14-2011, 08:56 PM
vanuck
Griffiths Way Goons

We don't look like we're running around as much in our own end anymore... haha.

Noticed that Longpre has made a few nice plays defensively and has looked alright so far, seems like a smart kid. Tochkin has looked pretty decent too, surprisingly.

vanuck is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-14-2011, 08:59 PM
whuttheeperson

God I love Penticton as much as the next guy but jesus.... shutup!

whuttheeperson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-14-2011, 09:01 PM
whoshouse

I hate how Rai has all the tools to become a good NHLer but just does not commit defensively and refuses to consistently play a hard hitting game. I remember how well he played last preseason and I was hoping he could develop in to that 3rd or fourth liner that the big club desperately needed but he just continues to coast around the rink. You'd think if he was serious about making the NHL he'd adapt his style to that of a hard nosed checking forward.

Old
09-14-2011, 09:03 PM
Burrows Bite

Rodin! amazing!

Old
Lundface

Quote:
Don't see how anyone can say Sauve is 'for sure' a better skater than Polasek. Guess we'll see later on this season who the better of the two is. Perhaps I just like Polasek a lot and am not to fond of Sauve much.

Ps. Lundface? lol nice name
Thanks

Sauve has very good mobility, especially when you take his size into account. I'm not that high on him either, but I won't deny that fact that he skates better than Polasek.

I too am high on Polasek, as I think he has better vision, passing and slightly better hitting ( especially open ice) than Sauve. Sauves big problem for me is still his decision making, but he has come miles in that regard as well.

If Polasek can max out, I see a an Ohlund clone in him ( with less goal scoring potential). I doubt he reaches anything near that, but I do see him as a decent number 4-5 guy.

Lundface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
whoshouse

Very nice by Rodin and who passed that??

Old
Lucbourdon
Kefka cheers for Van

Rodin

Lucbourdon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Tim Calhoun
Tim Calhoun

vCash: 50
What a goal by Rodin!

Tim Calhoun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
hlrsr

Score?

hlrsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-14-2011, 09:04 PM
Bgav
We Stylin'

that gave me a *****

Bgav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
thefeebster

Quote:
Very nice by Rodin and who passed that??
Our man Polasek.

I agree, very under-rated on these boards. How Connauton got 55 votes over Polasek in our polls is beyond me.

I think another thing Polasek has over Sauve besides the physicality is just offensive vision. Sauve has a nice shot on the PP, but some of the passes Polasek makes is Edler-esque; finding a lane/man that not many would find.

Last edited by thefeebster: 09-14-2011 at 09:09 PM.
thefeebster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Canucksxo

Rodin scores!

Canucksxo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
vanuck
Griffiths Way Goons

Rodin scores, makes it 5-3!

vanuck is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
Burrows Bite

uhh, I said Rodin needs to go back to Sweden earlier. I will eat crow and take that back.