HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

[WSH/LA] Doughty, Let's adjust value for a mutually beneficial trade

Old
09-15-2011, 09:54 AM
hyzer23

vCash: 500
this deal reminds me about the time that i paid $100 for a pack of gum...

hyzer23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2011, 10:52 AM
Odinson

While there may be fair value here in terms of pieces and value, I just don't think the trade works.

Mike Green is a great player, but he's not Doughty.

Kuznetsov is a great prospect and the 1st round pick is nice, but I want more for Doughty if I'm going to give him up, while the value is thier, I just think it's not crazy enough for me to give up Doughty.

Odinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2011, 11:02 PM
um

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrForever View Post
This is a good deal for both teams.

The caps really aren't giving up that much.

Dumping a forward and a late first rounder to upgrade at D would be worth it.

LA adds depth in two positions while only slightly downgrading at D.
that joke got old years ago

edit: wait are you talking about kuznetsov? cause hes obviously not a dump

um is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2011, 03:58 AM
Tyler Myers

how about green + semin for doughty + cap?

Tyler Myers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2011, 10:10 AM
Brave Sir Robin

Caps pass. We're in win now mode Green and Semin are a much bigger asset to the team than Doughty alone.

Brave Sir Robin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2011, 10:26 AM
CapitalsCupFantasy
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyler Myers View Post
how about green + semin for doughty + cap?
I would pull the trigger. Short term pain for the Caps, but longterm it's probably a good move. And I'm a big Green fan, Semin...not so much.

CapitalsCupFantasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2011, 10:27 AM
Mr Forever
The Oilers :(

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seikalym View Post
I wouldn't consider trading Kuznetsov as dumping a forward...
I don't mean dumping, like a salary dump, or a bad player dump, I mean giving up. I should have said that.

Mr Forever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2011, 10:32 AM
untouchable21
You've been TROUBA'D

The offer is better than I expected and while I think the value is fair, it would probably be a last resort as far as the Kings are concerned. They seriously want him locked up.

In the long run, it doesn't make the Capitals a better team if Doughty's cap hit is too high and one way or another, the Capitals NEED to make a stanley Cup Final appearance. It would be GREAT for Hockey.

untouchable21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2011, 10:43 AM
sunnydaycrash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Odinson View Post
While there may be fair value here in terms of pieces and value, I just don't think the trade works.

Mike Green is a great player, but he's not Doughty.

Kuznetsov is a great prospect and the 1st round pick is nice, but I want more for Doughty if I'm going to give him up, while the value is thier, I just think it's not crazy enough for me to give up Doughty.
Now from a Caps fan perspective.....Green is a great player, and I agree he`s not Doughty, well Doughty from 2009-2010, last years Doughty wasn`t as dominant.....so herein lies my problem...Why the F would the Caps trade Mike Green, a blue chip prospect in Kuz( who`s playing in the NHL next season), and a possible lottery pick for a D man who had 1 great year and now wants 7 million a year??????

No thanks....take out Kuz and throw in a lower level prospect and I`d do it.

sunnydaycrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2011, 10:49 AM
CapitalsCupFantasy
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnydaycrash View Post
Now from a Caps fan perspective.....Green is a great player, and I agree he`s not Doughty, well Doughty from 2009-2010, last years Doughty wasn`t as dominant.....so herein lies my problem...Why the F would the Caps trade Mike Green, a blue chip prospect in Kuz( who`s playing in the NHL next season), and a possible lottery pick for a D man who had 1 great year and now wants 7 million a year??????

No thanks
The Caps aren't trading the Avs pick, and theirs ovbviously won't be a lottery pick.

If Semin goes the other way, it makes all the sense in the world. I would pay Doughty $7mil over Semin $6mil all day long.

I'm as excited for Kuz to come over as much as I've been excited about a prospect since Backstrom, but he's still a bit unknown until we see him here in NA and he shows he can adjust to the game here. He's not a lock to play in DC next season. He SHOULD, but until he makes the roster, he's an unknown.

Old
09-16-2011, 10:51 AM
Sif

I'd happily give up Green and Semin for Doughty. Kuznetsov - not so much.

Sif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2011, 11:05 AM
sunnydaycrash

It`s hard to give up someone like Kuz who has proven he can play with men in the KHL and has the potential, real good potential to match Semin`s goal output at 1/6th the salary.

sunnydaycrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2011, 11:12 AM
bumperkisser

vCash: 70
overpayment by washington

bumperkisser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2011, 11:14 AM
um

green and semin is to much for doughty and we need a forward coming back because without semin our forward depth is awful

doughty + williams + 2nd round pick

for

green + semin + 1st round pick

Last edited by um: 09-16-2011 at 11:25 AM.
um is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2011, 11:34 AM
CapitalsCupFantasy
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by um View Post
green and semin is to much for doughty and we need a forward coming back because without semin our forward depth is awful

doughty + williams + 2nd round pick

for

green + semin + 1st round pick
Semin's replacement doesn't have to be picked up in this deal. With the Cap space, we could pick up another body somewhere else. Likely Kuz would step right into Semin's roster spot in a year anyway.

Old
09-16-2011, 11:34 AM
Rschmitz

I think its a very fair trade if la is going for depth and washington is going for upgrades. Doughty under normal circumstances would be untouchable, this is the kind of deal you can see happening.

Rschmitz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2011, 11:41 AM
txpd

under normal circumstances green would also be untouchable.

txpd is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2011, 11:47 AM
CapitalsCupFantasy
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by txpd View Post
under normal circumstances green would also be untouchable.
He pretty much IS, unless a player like Doughty is coming back.

Old
09-16-2011, 11:55 AM
cdasman04

lol at everyone who thinks the Caps are overpaying in this deal. The over value of prospects is ridiculous. Drew Doughty is everything the Caps need. They get him, they are far and away cup favorites.

Kuznetsov is a good prospect, but it is far from certain he will be a star in the league. Green is an excellent offensive dman, but he's extremely 1 dimensional. Doughty and Carlson would supply everything and more that he provides in that regard.

Dman like Doughty dont come around every day. Hes a complete (potentially generational dman) who hasn't even reached his prime. Believe me if the Caps could get him they wouldnt let kuznetsov hold up the deal ffs

cdasman04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2011, 01:26 PM
CapitalsCupFantasy
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdasman04 View Post
lol at everyone who thinks the Caps are overpaying in this deal. The over value of prospects is ridiculous. Drew Doughty is everything the Caps need. They get him, they are far and away cup favorites.

Kuznetsov is a good prospect, but it is far from certain he will be a star in the league. Green is an excellent offensive dman, but he's extremely 1 dimensional. Doughty and Carlson would supply everything and more that he provides in that regard.

Dman like Doughty dont come around every day. Hes a complete (potentially generational dman) who hasn't even reached his prime. Believe me if the Caps could get him they wouldnt let kuznetsov hold up the deal ffs
And D with Green's offensive ability CLEARLY don't come around every day. Your one dimensional comment about Green leads me to believe you didn't watch him at all last season. His defensive game is coming around and most Caps fans would probably say he's much improved over 2 years ago.

Old
09-16-2011, 01:59 PM
AllIsFehrNLoveAndWar

Send a message via AIM to AllIsFehrNLoveAndWar Send a message via MSN to AllIsFehrNLoveAndWar
Value wise the Caps lose out a bit here and I don't think either team really wants to make this deal.

The Kings want to win their division this year Doughty to Green is a downgrade (not as much as some people want you to believe in this thread but still a downgrade) and Kuznetsov and a 1st aren't going to help them win this year. If Kuznetsov was open to playing in the NHL this year I think maybe the Kings consider it, but Washington, having signed Knuble on for another year, seems like they are willing to let him play in the KHL another year and Kuznetsov is expecting to play overseas this season. Kuznetsov's goal is to get enough attention to make the Russian Olympic team and he correctly thinks he needs to be in the KHL another year to get that attention, and I doubt another year to hone his skills with top ice time outside the NHL is bad for him.

Also I don't think the Caps could fit in Doughty without having to move someone else, unless he only wants Mike Green money...which I think LA would have given him by now if thats all he wanted.

AllIsFehrNLoveAndWar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2011, 05:25 PM
cdasman04

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapitalsCup2012 View Post
And D with Green's offensive ability CLEARLY don't come around every day. Your one dimensional comment about Green leads me to believe you didn't watch him at all last season. His defensive game is coming around and most Caps fans would probably say he's much improved over 2 years ago.
Yes I've watched him (minus the homer glasses) several times. Just because he's attempting to work on it, doesn't make him a complete dman sir. I'm not saying the guy doesn't have value, he is an elite offensive dman. But lets not kid ourselves into thinking he is in a class of his own in the NHL.

Clearly you haven't seen Doughty enough. The kid is the definition of complete, and at his age he has the opportunity to be one of those generational dmen that come around every so often once he gets into his prime.

From a neutral perspective, no sane GM passes on Doughty for Green (and allows a prospect to hold it up).

Old
09-16-2011, 05:35 PM
Rschmitz

I wouldn't call Green untouchable, Doughty is in another class because of his age and ceiling.

Rschmitz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2011, 05:37 PM
CapitalsCupFantasy
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdasman04 View Post
Yes I've watched him (minus the homer glasses) several times. Just because he's attempting to work on it, doesn't make him a complete dman sir. I'm not saying the guy doesn't have value, he is an elite offensive dman. But lets not kid ourselves into thinking he is in a class of his own in the NHL.

Clearly you haven't seen Doughty enough. The kid is the definition of complete, and at his age he has the opportunity to be one of those generational dmen that come around every so often once he gets into his prime.

From a neutral perspective, no sane GM passes on Doughty for Green (and allows a prospect to hold it up).
Please dude....you're talking about homer glasses? For what it's worth, I watch the west coast games every day of the season. Obviously I can't watch them all in their entirety, but when all the east coast games are done I'm constantly flipping around between the remaining west coast games. Get your big boy pants on and come back when you're ready to debate me.

Green's 30g season is and was in a class of its own. If you know the history of hockey, especially recently, you would shed your homer glasses and realize what an accomplishment it was.

Old
09-16-2011, 06:09 PM
cdasman04

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapitalsCup2012 View Post
Please dude....you're talking about homer glasses? For what it's worth, I watch the west coast games every day of the season. Obviously I can't watch them all in their entirety, but when all the east coast games are done I'm constantly flipping around between the remaining west coast games. Get your big boy pants on and come back when you're ready to debate me.

Green's 30g season is and was in a class of its own. If you know the history of hockey, especially recently, you would shed your homer glasses and realize what an accomplishment it was.
Ok since we're results to petty digs without actually knowing who I am or what I do. I can appreciate I got you a little upset. Sorry for implying homer glasses. Someone who implies Green is complete and wouldn't trade him for Doughty is clearly objective.

Give me a break. Doughty is 21 years old (5 years younger than Green) and hes twice the hockey player across the ice than Green will ever be. At 21 the ceiling hasn't even be scratched on him. Give your head a shake if you even think this is a debate.

Post a poll and I'll guarantee 95% (the non homer Cap fans) take Doughty over Green.