HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

NJ-LA (Doughty)

Old
09-14-2011, 08:10 PM
Tyrion Targaryen*
HALFMAN!!!!

vCash: 500
NJ-LA (Doughty)

Drew Doughty

Zach Parise
Alexander Urbom
Conditional 1st Round Pick 2012/2013 (If Parise doesn't resign; Kings choose)

Quote:
Sources have told TSN that Los Angeles Kings GM Dean Lombardi has made it clear to Drew Doughty's agent, Don Meehan, that the Kings have no intension of paying Doughty more than Anze Kopitar's $6.8 million annual average salary.

It's believed Doughty wants a minimum of $7 million per season, but the Kings are offering seven years at $6.8 million per, so the question is: Who's going to blink?
I mean, in theory we could just throw an offer sheet at him. I don't think the Devils would think twice about paying that price for Doughty. Though it kinda makes you wonder, would Lombardi pay more than Kopitar to resign Parise?

Don't bother throwing out the stupid JJ and Bernier for Parise offers. Heard them a billion times, they're getting old. This trade at least has what the other team wants without a doubt.

Tyrion Targaryen* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-14-2011, 08:11 PM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

The Devils can't offer sheet Doughty.

Ziggy Stardust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-14-2011, 08:13 PM
Muzzinga
Regehr GOAT

how would the Devils who are going to be in financial trouble, be able to pay Doughty?

Also why would 'sources' say Lombardi has no intention of making Doughty the highest paid king, when Lombardi himself has said that he would have no problems doing just that

Onto the proposal, so if Parise walks at the end of the year, the Kings got a 1st round pick and a prospect for Doughty? Sick value

Muzzinga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-14-2011, 08:14 PM
10 ft. pole

Hello dean? Dean are you there? Hello?

No way the kings do that especially with NJ being able to decide which 1st rounder they forfeit and Lombardi's lack of being thorough. Lou would call the NHL and tell Gary "hey we are forfeiting the 1st rounder we just traded to Lombardi" You call Dean and let him know. Thanks Gary.

10 ft. pole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-14-2011, 08:15 PM
The Great Dame
DSevs

As a Devils fan I like it but I'm curious to see what Kings fans think. (Hypothetically speaking)

The Great Dame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-14-2011, 08:16 PM
Tyrion Targaryen*
HALFMAN!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sw1tch View Post
how would the Devils who are going to be in financial trouble, be able to pay Doughty?

Also why would 'sources' say Lombardi has no intention of making Doughty the highest paid king, when Lombardi himself has said that he would have no problems doing just that

Onto the proposal, so if Parise walks at the end of the year, the Kings got a 1st round pick and a prospect for Doughty? Sick value
The Devils, and Bill Daly, have already denied the talk of their reported bankruptcy.

'Sources' as in Dregor. I'm sure in this particular case you think it's coming from Eklund. If Lombardi has no problem making him the highest paid King, why is he still unsigned?

If the Kings are as attractive of a team as EVERY King fan suggests, why are you sweating him walking? Wouldn't he want to resign and win?

Old
09-14-2011, 08:16 PM
TheUnseenHand
Hashbrown Selfie

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10 ft. pole View Post

No way the kings do that especially with NJ being able to decode which 1 st rounder they forfeit and Lombardi's lack of being thorough. Lou would call the NHL and tell Gary "hey we are forfeiting the 1st rounded we just traded to Lombardi"

He can't do that. Nor would he. Lou is an honorable man (just ask all the freakin washed up former Devils he's brought back).

TheUnseenHand is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-14-2011, 08:19 PM
Tyrion Targaryen*
HALFMAN!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10 ft. pole View Post

No way the kings do that especially with NJ being able to decide which 1st rounder they forfeit and Lombardi's lack of being thorough. Lou would call the NHL and tell Gary "hey we are forfeiting the 1st rounder we just traded to Lombardi" You call Dean and let him know. Thanks Gary.
That's why I let the Kings choose which year to take it. It means that the Devils would then have to let the league take the first round pick in whichever year they didn't choose, or the one after that. We still have three years to choose which one to surrender.

Old
09-14-2011, 08:22 PM
KINGS17
Smartest in the Room

Quote:
Originally Posted by EddardStark View Post
The Devils, and Bill Daly, have already denied the talk of their reported bankruptcy.

'Sources' as in Dregor. I'm sure in this particular case you think it's coming from Eklund. If Lombardi has no problem making him the highest paid King, why is he still unsigned?

If the Kings are as attractive of a team as EVERY King fan suggests, why are you sweating him walking? Wouldn't he want to resign and win?
Because if Lombardi is going to make Doughty the highest paid King he wants a term of 7-9 years and Meehan wants Doughty to sign for 5 years only.

Make sense?

KINGS17 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-14-2011, 08:23 PM
bobafettish*

LA:
Parise
Larsson

NJ:
Doughty
Bernier.

only way NJ lands DD,

bobafettish* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-14-2011, 08:24 PM
markisonfire

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobafettish View Post
LA:
Parise
Larsson

NJ:
Doughty
Bernier.

only way NJ lands DD,
I'd do that deal.

markisonfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-14-2011, 08:24 PM
Tyrion Targaryen*
HALFMAN!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KINGS17 View Post
Because if Lombardi is going to make Doughty the highest paid King he wants a term of 7-9 years and Meehan wants Doughty to sign for 5 years only.

Make sense?
Yeah, that you and Lombardi are terrified at the prospect of him leaving as soon as he becomes an unrestricted free agent.

Old
09-14-2011, 08:26 PM
markisonfire

Quote:
Yeah, that you and Lombardi are terrified at the prospect of him leaving as soon as he becomes an unrestricted free agent.
Or that if the Kings are going to overpay for Doughty during his RFA time, then they want to underpay during his UFA time. I don't see why that is so terrible.

Old
09-14-2011, 08:29 PM
Tyrion Targaryen*
HALFMAN!!!!

Quote:
LA:
Parise
Larsson

NJ:
Doughty
Bernier.

only way NJ lands DD,
Fair deal, to be honest. But our goalie problems are vastly overstated. If we were giving up Larsson, I'd want a top center prospect coming the other way, not a goalie.

Old
09-14-2011, 08:40 PM
markisonfire

Quote:
Fair deal, to be honest. But our goalie problems are vastly overstated. If we were giving up Larsson, I'd want a top center prospect coming the other way, not a goalie.
Andrei Loktionov?

Old
09-14-2011, 08:50 PM
danaluvsthekings

Quote:
It puts all the risk on LA. You never know. He might like the team but hate the city. Not every market is right for every player.

danaluvsthekings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-14-2011, 09:11 PM
xavi4life
Mr. Irreverent

I'd do that deal. It appears that Doughty has his priorities all out of whack. Besides, Parise is the bomb.

xavi4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-14-2011, 09:27 PM
Muzzinga
Regehr GOAT

Quote:
well obviously we are. Why wouldnt fans be afraid that a star player leaves their team?

Muzzinga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-14-2011, 09:27 PM
danaluvsthekings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Irreverent View Post
I'd do that deal. It appears that Doughty has his priorities all out of whack. Besides, Parise is the bomb.
And if Parise walks next summer, you're left with a prospect d-man (something the Kings have a ton of) and a 1st and you'd be OK with that?

danaluvsthekings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-14-2011, 09:59 PM
zharkenby

Quote:
LA:
Parise
Larsson

NJ:
Doughty
Bernier.

only way NJ lands DD,
Eh debateable from a NJ perspective. You give up one of the top forwards in the league and someone who has the potential to be just as good as Doughty for Doughty and a potential great goalie... Not saying its bad, just debatable

zharkenby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-14-2011, 10:47 PM
Saugus
Ecrasez l'infame!

Send a message via AIM to Saugus
Quote:
LA:
Parise
Larsson

NJ:
Doughty
Bernier.

only way NJ lands DD,
This is surprisingly close to fair. LA might be left holding the bag if Parise doesn't re-sign, however. Not sure Lombardi wants to take on that risk.

Saugus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-14-2011, 11:00 PM
NJD Kula
yay hockey

Would be epic to see Parise traded at the deadline if the Devils tank and then resign with the Devils in the offseason

NJD Kula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-14-2011, 11:09 PM
Saugus
Ecrasez l'infame!

Send a message via AIM to Saugus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Kulachuk View Post
Would be epic to see Parise traded at the deadline if the Devils tank and then resign with the Devils in the offseason
I'd rather just make the playoffs and keep Parise without the uncertainty or embarrassment at missing the playoffs again.

Saugus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-14-2011, 11:34 PM
Tyrion Targaryen*
HALFMAN!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Irreverent View Post
He's a 21 year old defenseman who is already regarded as one of the best in the game. Then again, maybe playing with his childhood hero Marty Brodeur will set some of those priorities where they belong: winning.

I truly believe that the Parise for Doughty trade would be best for both sides, it's just hard to convince most LA fans because they're only getting one year of Zach, unless he resigns. If he were a RFA at the end of the year, no doubt this would be a done deal by both fanbases.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Kulachuk View Post
He's not exactly going to be thrilled with living in a hotel for the next few months. I really doubt he'd return that "kindness" by signing with the Devils in the offseason. It's not like he's Doug Weight or anything. (In case I need to state the obvious, Weight was traded from St. Louis to Carolina in 2006, won the Stanley Cup that same year, then resigned with the Blues that offseason.) I don't really see that in Parise's character.

Old
09-14-2011, 11:40 PM
Asheru

Quote:
I highly suspect you're making this proposal because you suspect Parise may be the one walking in a year. Four years of Doughty is a better guarantee than one year of Parise.

I don't see how this would work. If the money is there for NJ to spend on Doughty, why not spend it to keep Parise? This makes no sense to me.

Asheru is offline   Reply With Quote