HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

a thread for line combinations

Closed Thread

Old
08-11-2004, 07:12 AM
little a from da bx

vCash: 500
a thread for line combinations

since everyone is making lineups on all these threads, why dont we just start a thread with line combinations. this is what i would like but maybe wont happen.

hlavac-nylander-jagr ( on the occasion switch nylander and lundmark back and forth to get nylander a chance to work and with balej and help set the kid up to get his confidence going and lunds with jagr to get his confidence going )

novoseltsev / denis schvidki -lundmark-balej ( with garth murray getting second line duty also, to give some protection to the 2 softees on the line )

murray-holik-ortmeyer (whats really to say about this line , probably will be one of the best shut down lines in the league, and probably put up some ok points here and there when needed)

sturdwick/helminen-betts/moore-scott ( any of those 5 could work, rather betts be in the lineup if he can stay healthy)

tyutin-kaspar
pock - rachunek
lampman-mcgillis / sturdwick

dunham
valiquette
( i really hope valiquette can out play dunham and get most of the starts, he is young at 27 and is a very good goaltender i believe. if given the shot could run dunham away and force nyr to keep blackie down another year , dont have to mention montoya or lunds yet) and dont get me wrong i want blackie to be our # 1, but for now lets go withvaliquette for the =next year or 2. but realistically the line up will look like this ....

rucinsky-nylander-jagr
hlavac-lund-balej
murray -holik- ortmeyer
sturdwick / ?-betts/ moore- ?

poti- f.a or kaspar
pock-racunek
tyutin-mironov / kaspar

dunham
valiquette

Old
08-11-2004, 08:25 AM
dumpsathernow*

In no way, shape or form do I want Rucinsky here. I'd rather take Bondra for 2 years at 2.5 to 3 million and have Bondra-Nylander-Jagr on the PP

Prucha-Nylander-Jagr - Get Prucha over here
Wiseman-Holik-Bondra - Let Wiseman learn from Holik
Giroux-Lundmark-Balej
Murray-Ortmeyer-Hollweg

Tyutin-Kasper
Kondratiev-Rachunek
Pock-Poti

I figure Pock and Poti will kill the defensive pairing defensively no matter who they play with. Might as well play them together and hope they can help the unit outscore the other team in 40% of the games.

Old
08-11-2004, 11:05 AM
DarthSather99

I'd like to see what kind on lines Hartford will have given we are going into a lockout situation.

Old
08-11-2004, 11:11 AM
Larry Melnyk

ANybody but that piece of crap Halvac-Nylander-Jagr
FA/Wiseman-Holik-Ortmeir
Giroux-Lundmark-Balej
Some combo of Betts, Helminen, Murray, Wiseman, Hollweg

Old
08-11-2004, 12:18 PM
Vito Andolini

Rucinsky-Nylander-Jagr
J. Green-Lundmark-Balej
Murray-Holik-Ortmeyer
Strudwick/Moore-Betts- Harvey/Acquire Goon

McGillis/Odelein-Poti
Tyutin-Kaspar
Kondratiev-Rachunek
Purinton

Dunham
Labarbara/Valiquette

I think the first line is kind of obvious, that is unless the organization decides that Prucha is ready to be brought over, then the LW slot is his to lose. The second line showed some good promise last season, I'd like to see if Green can finally elevate his game and fulfill some of his potential. The 3rd line could develop into a solid shut down line, and I'd like to see a lot of energy from the 4th and Harvey could help with that.

On Defense, I believe we need to ease the kids in there. It could be disasterous and detrimental to development to have a defense consisting of 3 rookies. Therefore, I think we need a veteran top 4 stay at home defensemen to round out the group. I hate Poti, but I'd like to see how he handles the number 1 duties while Pock plays on the farm ready to take over if Poti continues to flounder.

But of course the key to the team will be Dunham. If he rebounds we could be a playoff team, if he plays like he did last year, we could be in the running for a lottery.

Old
08-11-2004, 05:57 PM
icthelight

1--Balej-Nylander-Jagr
2--Rucinsky-Holik-Lundmark
3--Ortmeyer-Moore-Murray
4--Wiseman-Betts-M.Green/Strudwick

D1--Tyutin-Pock
D2--Kasparitis-Poti
D3--Rachunek-Kondratiev

Old
08-11-2004, 08:14 PM
dumpsathernow*

Why on earth would you put Tyutin with Pock? You want Tyutin with Kasper or Rachunek. Putting Tyutin with Pock would be death on a stick mate.

Old
08-11-2004, 08:26 PM
Unknownbutfamous

Send a message via AIM to Unknownbutfamous
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackisback
In no way, shape or form do I want Rucinsky here. I'd rather take Bondra for 2 years at 2.5 to 3 million and have Bondra-Nylander-Jagr on the PP

Giroux-Lundmark-Balej
Murray-Ortmeyer-Hollweg

Tyutin-Kasper
Kondratiev-Rachunek
Pock-Poti

I figure Pock and Poti will kill the defensive pairing defensively no matter who they play with. Might as well play them together and hope they can help the unit outscore the other team in 40% of the games.
And why on earth do you have Wiseman over Lundmark, and Bondra, who would be a bad move, over Balej?

Last edited by Unknownbutfamous: 08-11-2004 at 08:43 PM.
Old
08-11-2004, 08:34 PM
icthelight

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackisback

Giroux-Lundmark-Balej
Murray-Ortmeyer-Hollweg

Tyutin-Kasper
Kondratiev-Rachunek
Pock-Poti

I concurr, Prucha isnt coming, Hollweg will be in the ahl, pock/poti combo will be the worst in the league, Bondra is not the type we are looking for and Giroux will not make the team over people like D.Moore or M.Green

Old
08-11-2004, 08:45 PM
AG9NK35DT8*

blackisback keep your opinions its good to be opinionated, alot of people on these boards dont like when people give there own opinions, ive seen them do it plenty of people. and i notice how everyone gets on your case for everything u say. dont let it bother u stay an individual, not like everyone else

Old
08-11-2004, 08:53 PM
BobMarleyNYR

Send a message via AIM to BobMarleyNYR
I'd like to see...

Rucinsky-Nylander-Jagr
Lundmark-Holik-Balej
J. Green-Johansson-Moore
Murray-Betts-Ortmeyer
Ex. Wiseman

Tyutin-Poti
Kasparaitis-Pock
Rachunek-Kondratiev
Ex. Strudwick or Lampman

Dunham/Weekes

REASONING:

Rucinsky - played well in his 2 previous stints, and produces pretty constitently for us. Valuable on the PK, as well.

Johansson - one of the most versatile players around. Worked hard for us... can produce offense, does the nitty gritty jobs, excellent special teams player... can play C, but is better suited for LW. He, Josh Green, and (supposedly) Dominic Moore can produce some offense, and they'd be a very energetic 3rd line.

Lundmark - I project him to play 2nd line LW, because this is the time for him to prove himself in that role... he'll never be a legit NHL center. He'll never be a 1st line forward. He lacks the defense and grit to play 3rd line, much less 4th. For him, it's there or nowhere, IMO.

Wiseman - has been anything but special in Hartford (aside from point production) where he's the go-to guy. My patience with him is as low as it is with Lundmark. He also has some SERIOUS proving to do.

Weekes - He should serve as the alternate no. 1 goalie... Dunham will change peoples' minds then... similar to what the Wings tried with Hasek and Cujo.

Old
08-11-2004, 08:53 PM
icthelight

Quote:
Originally Posted by AG9NK35DT8
blackisback keep your opinions its good to be opinionated, alot of people on these boards dont like when people give there own opinions, ive seen them do it plenty of people. and i notice how everyone gets on your case for everything u say. dont let it bother u stay an individual, not like everyone else
Opinionated is fine, as long as you can back it up and don't say something laughable afterwards.

Old
08-11-2004, 08:55 PM
Onion Boy

Don't Bondra and Jagr not like each other?

Old
08-11-2004, 09:30 PM
AG9NK35DT8*

well i dont get why u would want josh green and moore on the third line and murray and ortmeyer on the 4th, josh green with his second stint here played good for what 8 games, and u now want him to be back cause of that, and for real man moore what has he showed , well nothing to me ortmeyer and murray got way better upssides. . i would much rather have murray and ortmeyer getting time on the pk constantly and evenstrength constantly,even pp time occasionally, and used in prime situations. these kids will learn from it and these 2 players such as murray and ortmeyer got alot of leadership and defensive ability written all over them, they can be prime parts of this rebuild i feel.. holik is not to center the second line, yeah that looks good with balej and lunds , but no thanks. have him centering the third with murray and ortmeyer they will learn plenty from holik and be one of the best shut down lines in the nhl with out a doubt , well in my opinion. dont get me wrong with nylander here now, holik and nylander will be used all around with all the kids , which is a very good thing... and i also hope poti is moved and some what rachunek also..this are my lines they will be mixed aroud during the year thats a fact but these would be what nyr would start with i think:

hlavac-nylander-jagr
rucinsky-lunds-balej
murray-holik-ortmeyer
wiseman-betts/moore-? sturdwick or some other tough guy

tyutin-kaspar
pock-rachunek
lampman-mcgillis
or
tyutin-kodratiev ( kind of risky but might work both very mature )
pock- mcgillis
kaspar -lampman
or realistically

poti- f.a?
tyutin-kaspar
pock-rachunek

[QUOTE=BobMarleyNYR]I'd like to see...

Rucinsky-Nylander-Jagr
Lundmark-Holik-Balej
J. Green-Johansson-Moore
Murray-Betts-Ortmeyer
Ex. Wiseman

Tyutin-Poti
Kasparaitis-Pock
Rachunek-Kondratiev
Ex. Strudwick or Lampman

Dunham/Weekes

Old
08-11-2004, 09:47 PM
AG9NK35DT8*

Quote:
Originally Posted by icthelight
1--Balej-Nylander-Jagr
2--Rucinsky-Holik-Lundmark
3--Ortmeyer-Moore-Murray
4--Wiseman-Betts-M.Green/Strudwick

D1--Tyutin-Pock
D2--Kasparitis-Poti
D3--Rachunek-Kondratiev

first off balej is a righ wing not a left,lundmark is a natural center lets keep him there or at left where he played not right,ortmeyer played rightwing last year and murray is a natural center or plays left wing which he said ge is getting more comfortable at the left wing, mike green a natural center hes not a winger, and sturdwick is a defense=man or left wing not a right, tyutin and pock would be bad news two rookies together no thanks, and rachunek and kondratiev i very much doubt would work, i would rather see the rookies with vets and i dont really consider rachunek a vet like i would danm mcgillis or kaspar or mironov. and changing these players from left wing to right wing or taking these players from there natural position can hurt them thats the truth. lets keep these kids where they belong and work around what we have. if we need a lw go sign one , preferably a young guy dont move a rw there then put a natural center at the right. thats all i figured i would point those things to u as u do to others

Old
08-11-2004, 10:01 PM
BobMarleyNYR

[QUOTE=AG9NK35DT8]well i dont get why u would want josh green and moore on the third line and murray and ortmeyer on the 4th, josh green with his second stint here played good for what 8 games, and u now want him to be back cause of that, and for real man moore what has he showed , well nothing to me ortmeyer and murray got way better upssides. . i would much rather have murray and ortmeyer getting time on the pk constantly and evenstrength constantly,even pp time occasionally, and used in prime situations. these kids will learn from it and these 2 players such as murray and ortmeyer got alot of leadership and defensive ability written all over them, they can be prime parts of this rebuild i feel.. holik is not to center the second line, yeah that looks good with balej and lunds , but no thanks. have him centering the third with murray and ortmeyer they will learn plenty from holik and be one of the best shut down lines in the nhl with out a doubt , well in my opinion. dont get me wrong with nylander here now, holik and nylander will be used all around with all the kids , which is a very good thing... and i also hope poti is moved and some what rachunek also..this are my lines they will be mixed aroud during the year thats a fact but these would be what nyr would start with i think:

hlavac-nylander-jagr
rucinsky-lunds-balej
murray-holik-ortmeyer
wiseman-betts/moore-? sturdwick or some other tough guy

tyutin-kaspar
pock-rachunek
lampman-mcgillis
or
tyutin-kodratiev ( kind of risky but might work both very mature )
pock- mcgillis
kaspar -lampman
or realistically

poti- f.a?
tyutin-kaspar
pock-rachunek

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobMarleyNYR
I'd like to see...

Rucinsky-Nylander-Jagr
Lundmark-Holik-Balej
J. Green-Johansson-Moore
Murray-Betts-Ortmeyer
Ex. Wiseman

Tyutin-Poti
Kasparaitis-Pock
Rachunek-Kondratiev
Ex. Strudwick or Lampma

Dunham/Weekes
Yeah... good work there. I'm actually all for re-signing Hlavac, but I didn't want to deal with the criticism for putting him there. And I also want Rucinsky and Johansson.

But why do you say Murray and Ortmeyer have higher upsides? That isn't the case at all... Ortmeyer's ceiling is a career 3rd line RW (IF he develops any offense), and Murray is 4th line material right now. Also, you have to understand that depth charts are tentative and subject to change... 3rd line is for hard working guys with some physical edge, defensive game and OFFENSIVE game.

Now, Green has all the tools to put up 15-20 goals, he's just never been used in the right situation.

Holik's offensive production will be VERY low if he plays on a line with Murray and Ortmeyer... plus, before Nylander was here, most people thought Holik would be the 1st line C. But then again, before Nylandere was here, most people didn't want him here... funny how attitudes can change with the signing of a contract.

Old
08-11-2004, 10:08 PM
icthelight

Quote:
first off balej is a righ wing not a left,lundmark is a natural center lets keep him there or at left where he played not right,ortmeyer played rightwing last year and murray is a natural center or plays left wing which he said ge is getting more comfortable at the left wing, mike green a natural center hes not a winger, and sturdwick is a defense=man or left wing not a right, tyutin and pock would be bad news two rookies together no thanks, and rachunek and kondratiev i very much doubt would work, i would rather see the rookies with vets and i dont really consider rachunek a vet like i would danm mcgillis or kaspar or mironov. and changing these players from left wing to right wing or taking these players from there natural position can hurt them thats the truth. lets keep these kids where they belong and work around what we have. if we need a lw go sign one , preferably a young guy dont move a rw there then put a natural center at the right. thats all i figured i would point those things to u as u do to others
The funny thing is i was going to preface my original statement by saying that im not sure if the left and right wingers are assigned to their correct positions....but i digress

Old
08-11-2004, 10:21 PM
AG9NK35DT8*

damn just by what u said below is pretty sad only for the point your not comfortable to say what u like cause your scared of criticism of others, it shows whats the point of these boards if u cant voice what u feel with out being attacked, i know my opinions wont change and i dont care what anyone thinks thats the point of this board to talk and give opinions. marley say what u feel and dont worry about what these guys have to say[QUOTE=BobMarleyNYR]Yeah... good work there. I'm actually all for re-signing Hlavac, but I didn't want to deal with the criticism for putting him there.

Old
08-11-2004, 10:29 PM
icthelight

[QUOTE=AG9NK35DT8]damn just by what u said below is pretty sad only for the point your not comfortable to say what u like cause your scared of criticism of others, it shows whats the point of these boards if u cant voice what u feel with out being attacked, i know my opinions wont change and i dont care what anyone thinks thats the point of this board to talk and give opinions. marley say what u feel and dont worry about what these guys have to say
Quote:
Yeah... good work there. I'm actually all for re-signing Hlavac, but I didn't want to deal with the criticism for putting him there.
Who are you talking to? You have to select the quote or name the person you are talking to.

Old
08-11-2004, 10:31 PM
BobMarleyNYR

[QUOTE=AG9NK35DT8]damn just by what u said below is pretty sad only for the point your not comfortable to say what u like cause your scared of criticism of others, it shows whats the point of these boards if u cant voice what u feel with out being attacked, i know my opinions wont change and i dont care what anyone thinks thats the point of this board to talk and give opinions. marley say what u feel and dont worry about what these guys have to say
Quote:
Yeah... good work there. I'm actually all for re-signing Hlavac, but I didn't want to deal with the criticism for putting him there.
Well thanks for the encouragement! I still maintain my opinions, but I'm relatively new, and I've been told on several occasions that I "bring nothing to the board." Whatever that means... maybe 'cause I don't idiotically copy and paste links to things everyone will see anyway. I'm not here to impress anyway!

Old
08-11-2004, 10:39 PM
AG9NK35DT8*

Quote:
Originally Posted by icthelight
Who are you talking to? You have to select the quote or name the person you are talking to.
talking to marley

Old
08-11-2004, 10:43 PM
Brooklyn Ranger

Quote:
Using Caps, periods (...) and even the occasional paragraph break would make it a lot easier to read what you are trying to say.

Not trying to crimp your style, I'm just trying to avoid a migrane.

Old
08-12-2004, 12:14 AM
ChrisKreider20
Oh Hai Guise

Lines should be

First Sign Players with heart...McCammond, McKenna, The some utility players....Rucinsky, Dan McGillis

Lines are:

Rucinsky- Nylander- Jagr
McAmmond- Lundmark- Balej
Murray- Holik- Ortmeyer
McKenna- Green- McCarthy

Defense

Tyutin- McGillis
Poti- Kasparaitis
Pock- Rachunek

Goalie
Dunham
LaBarbera
( Montoya...college, Blackburn...ahl, Lundqvist...ahl)

Old
08-12-2004, 12:23 AM
majicpixie

Send a message via ICQ to majicpixie Send a message via AIM to majicpixie Send a message via MSN to majicpixie
Quote:
I agree! Don't let anybody keep you from posting anything, buddy! I enjoy reading your posts, and I know I'm not the only one.

Old
08-12-2004, 09:15 AM
Unknownbutfamous

Send a message via AIM to Unknownbutfamous
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rancid
First Sign Players with heart...McCammond, McKenna, The some utility players....Rucinsky, Dan McGillis

Lines are:

Rucinsky- Nylander- Jagr
McAmmond- Lundmark- Balej
Murray- Holik- Ortmeyer
McKenna- Green- McCarthy

Defense

Tyutin- McGillis
Poti- Kasparaitis
Pock- Rachunek

Goalie
Dunham
LaBarbera
( Montoya...college, Blackburn...ahl, Lundqvist...ahl)
Lundqvist will be in the SEL

Closed Thread