HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Notices

Colton Teubert's nose knows?

Closed Thread

Old
09-18-2011, 12:47 PM
CanadianCommie
Cold North Comrade

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Replacement View Post
Except of course its not hindsight. I weighed in before it was a stated concussion. As soon as the fight occurred I thought Teubert was in trouble.
A fight in which he had had his nose broken and was forced out of the tournament. There were already negative influences which determined your decision to make this thread and dictate that it was a poor choice. The concussion is the the icing on the cake.

Old
09-18-2011, 12:48 PM
Replacement
Now with 9% more zen

Can anybody tell me why "hindsight" is being quoted when I started this thread several days ago and before anybody knew about the concussion.

Would it have been "hindsight" if the thread was made 5mins after the fight.

Mind you people still say the Horcoff, Souray, Khabi contract criticisms here are "hindsight"

Its a disappointing tendency to drown out information that doesn't want to be heard.

It wasn't hindsight.

Old
09-18-2011, 12:48 PM
CanadianCommie
Cold North Comrade

Quote:
Can anybody tell me why "hindsight" is being quoted when I started this thread several days ago and before anybody knew about the concussion.

Would it have been "hindsight" if the thread was made 5mins after the fight.

Mind you people still say the Horcoff, Souray, Khabi contract criticisms here are "hindsight"

Its a disappointing tendency to drown out information that doesn't want to be heard.

It wasn't hindsight.

yes, it was.

Old
09-18-2011, 12:50 PM
Replacement
Now with 9% more zen

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianCommie View Post
A fight in which he had had his nose broken and was forced out of the tournament. There were already negative influences which determined your decision to make this thread and dictate that it was a poor choice. The concussion is the the icing on the cake.
I mentioned the prospect of more serious than suspected injury and possible concussion and Colton jeopardizing his preseason in this thread. Which anybody can read before spouting off about "hindsight" which is an easy dismissive response that only wants to ignore what has occurred.

Old
09-18-2011, 12:50 PM
Replacement
Now with 9% more zen

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianCommie View Post
yes, it was.
Feel free to explain how my OP and previous content in this thread was "hindsight".

Keep in mind you are discussing this with a poster who consistently see's no value in hockey fighting. I would ,and have, said that before, during, and after fights.

Want to revisit your position?

Old
09-18-2011, 12:52 PM
PuckNut

Quote:
Except of course its not hindsight. I weighed in before it was a stated concussion. As soon as the fight occurred I thought Teubert was in trouble.

Well you got me there. Thus me j/k about it.

Theres a number of other people saying the same thing. Just not here.

My theory on this is that this board reached a point where critical thought and negative takes began to be drowned out and with many so inclined patrons no longer here. But that have gone elsewhere. The selected voices in the wilderness thing.

Its almost as if the Oil have been so bad for so long that theres a want to put shiny linings and benefit of doubt on everything here.

I can understand why people would want to be positive but it usually negates a view on what has actually occured with the team.

Really put it this way. If one of Calgary's top prospects got nailed like that in a stupid fight most of us would be mocking that. I approach things without any such this team or that team veil. I think its actually warranted to be critical of the homeside.

Bias or conditioning?
I didn't realize Teubert was considered a top prospect. If by that you mean top fifteen maybe.

My hindsight comment was in regards to this statement, not your opinion. I should have clarified.

Quote:
Maybe as time progresses it becomes clearer that Colton did not act wisely jeopardizing his camp in a totally meaningless fight.
And what is more conditioned by the last couple of years? Looking for the best as some people are, or the not this again mentality that you are exhibiting? I would argue that the last couple of years with the insane amount of injuries we have had, people would be more negative about actions leading to injuries.

Old
09-18-2011, 12:55 PM
Pennertration

Quote:
Feel free to explain how my OP and previous content in this thread was "hindsight".
Not trying to speak for Commie, but I don't think the concussion assessment was hindsight. You called that before it was widely known Teubert had symptoms.

What is hindsight is the outcome of the fight. No one really knows what will happen in a fight when it happens. So picking apart who won and lost isn't really fair because Teubert could have won the fight and this thread wouldn't even exist.

Old
09-18-2011, 12:58 PM
Bryanbryoil
I Know A Thing Or 6

I think that everyone has made their points known and that chances are this thread will just get uglier and uglier because common ground is rare on this topic. Besides we've got hockey to watch now