HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Sports > Football > Fantasy Football
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

SIT/START Week 2

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
09-15-2011, 07:33 AM
  #1
MM425
Registered User
 
MM425's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 4,697
vCash: 500
SIT/START Week 2

Thought I'd get the ball rolling for Week 2...

Got a pretty tough call

Felix Jones @ San Fran
or
James Starks @ Carolina

Both had solid games last week... I'm leaning towards Starks because he was all but anointed the number 1 back Coach McCarthy last week. In what is sure to be a blowout game, he'll probably get a lot of "garbage time" touches.

Peterson is my RB1 and I currently have Santonio Holmes as my flex with Jennings and Bryant as WR1 WR2.

MM425 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2011, 08:41 AM
  #2
Big Poppa Puck
SAWFT!
 
Big Poppa Puck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: D-Boss' Dungeon
Country: United States
Posts: 17,163
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MM425 View Post
Thought I'd get the ball rolling for Week 2...

Got a pretty tough call

Felix Jones @ San Fran
or
James Starks @ Carolina

Both had solid games last week... I'm leaning towards Starks because he was all but anointed the number 1 back Coach McCarthy last week. In what is sure to be a blowout game, he'll probably get a lot of "garbage time" touches.

Peterson is my RB1 and I currently have Santonio Holmes as my flex with Jennings and Bryant as WR1 WR2.
That's a toss up really. I have both in my 12 teamer but they are backups to McFadden and Charles.
Only thing is Starks still has the threat of Ryan Grant while I don't see Murray, Choice or Tanner as a threat to Jones.

Bryant is questionable so if he don't play just use one as your flex.

Big Poppa Puck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2011, 04:16 PM
  #3
Lights
Midnight Machines
 
Lights's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 1,200
vCash: 500
Start 2 WR's out of these 4:

Reggie Wayne vs. CLE
Kenny Britt vs. BAL
Jordy Nelson vs. @CAR
Chad Ochocinco vs. SD (wasn't really considering him since he's not going to do anything...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MM425 View Post
Got a pretty tough call

Felix Jones @ San Fran
or
James Starks @ Carolina
Tough...I wanna say Felix, but who knows how that game will turn out.
I'd probably go with Starks too...I definitely agree about the whole garbage time thing. That's all a player needs to be productive in fantasy

Lights is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2011, 04:23 PM
  #4
CFD
shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
 
CFD's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 18,087
vCash: 500
Britt is start every week. I'd go with Wayne at the other spot.

For me, Santana Moss or Addai for my flex spot.

CFD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2011, 06:28 PM
  #5
Alex The Loyal
Grimace Returns
 
Alex The Loyal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: McWhatever
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,058
vCash: 500
Matt Ryan vs Philly, or Colt McCoy vs Indy. Ryan did nothing for me last week, and I think he'll have a rough time against the Philly D. McCoy was okay-ish in Week 1 and I forget if the Indy D is good or not. What do you guys think?

Alex The Loyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2011, 07:19 PM
  #6
BGDDYKWL
Registered User
 
BGDDYKWL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 3,556
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MM425 View Post
Felix Jones @ San Fran
or
James Starks @ Carolina
If it's not a PPR league I'd be very tempted to go Felix and Starks and sit Santonio. Of the two I think you gotta go Felix. While Starks is well on his way to becoming the starter, Grant's still in the picture, and Kuhn will steal some TDs. Felix is the clear guy in Dallas.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarkson Falls Down View Post
For me, Santana Moss or Addai for my flex spot.
We saw last week the mess that is Indy, and also what Cam Newton and Steve Smith did against the Cards' secondary. I'm going Santana.

BGDDYKWL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2011, 09:05 PM
  #7
New Sabres Captain
ForFriendshipDikembe
 
New Sabres Captain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 42,038
vCash: 500
Flex spot, between Marshawn Lynch (@ Pit), Early Doucet (@ Was), Lance Moore (vs Chi), Deion Branch (vs SD), and Michael Crabtree (vs Dallas).

Leaning towards Doucet there, probably has the best matchup.

Other league: With Stephen Jackson out again, need a flex play. Picked up Cadillac, so its between Cadillac Williams (@NYG), Ryan Grant (@ Car), Malcolm Floyd (@ NE), Antonio Brown (vs Sea).

Leaning towards Williams here, he's probably gonna get the most touches. Floyd is slightly intriguing given how the NE pass defense fared last week.

New Sabres Captain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2011, 09:06 PM
  #8
New Sabres Captain
ForFriendshipDikembe
 
New Sabres Captain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 42,038
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex The Loyal View Post
Matt Ryan vs Philly, or Colt McCoy vs Indy. Ryan did nothing for me last week, and I think he'll have a rough time against the Philly D. McCoy was okay-ish in Week 1 and I forget if the Indy D is good or not. What do you guys think?
I think you still have to go with Ryan. Even if the matchup is tough.

New Sabres Captain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2011, 02:44 AM
  #9
timekeep
Registered User
 
timekeep's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,327
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveDaSwords View Post
Flex spot, between Marshawn Lynch (@ Pit), Early Doucet (@ Was), Lance Moore (vs Chi), Deion Branch (vs SD), and Michael Crabtree (vs Dallas).

Leaning towards Doucet there, probably has the best matchup.

Other league: With Stephen Jackson out again, need a flex play. Picked up Cadillac, so its between Cadillac Williams (@NYG), Ryan Grant (@ Car), Malcolm Floyd (@ NE), Antonio Brown (vs Sea).

Leaning towards Williams here, he's probably gonna get the most touches. Floyd is slightly intriguing given how the NE pass defense fared last week.
Moore and Williams

timekeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2011, 02:46 AM
  #10
timekeep
Registered User
 
timekeep's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,327
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex The Loyal View Post
Matt Ryan vs Philly, or Colt McCoy vs Indy. Ryan did nothing for me last week, and I think he'll have a rough time against the Philly D. McCoy was okay-ish in Week 1 and I forget if the Indy D is good or not. What do you guys think?
tough one, but I would take the chance on McCoy, he might run one in.

timekeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2011, 05:16 AM
  #11
BGDDYKWL
Registered User
 
BGDDYKWL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 3,556
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveDaSwords View Post
Flex spot, between Marshawn Lynch (@ Pit), Early Doucet (@ Was), Lance Moore (vs Chi), Deion Branch (vs SD), and Michael Crabtree (vs Dallas).

Other league: With Stephen Jackson out again, need a flex play. Picked up Cadillac, so its between Cadillac Williams (@NYG), Ryan Grant (@ Car), Malcolm Floyd (@ NE), Antonio Brown (vs Sea).
If Moore is healthy I'd go with him, if not then Doucet or Branch. Definitely would go with Caddy (unless somehow SJax plays).

BGDDYKWL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2011, 05:21 AM
  #12
Scotianhab
Registered User
 
Scotianhab's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Nova Scotia
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,829
vCash: 500
I need to decide between Phillys D vs Atlanta or New Orleans D against the Bears.

Also does anyone think Henne could have another big week. I think the Texans will score alot of points which means Henne is probably going to chuck it all game.

Scotianhab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2011, 09:00 AM
  #13
TCNorthstars
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Traverse City, MI
Posts: 1,254
vCash: 500
Jeremy Maclin @ ATL
or
Steve Smith @ GB?

Standard h2h league.

TCNorthstars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2011, 09:37 AM
  #14
Marc the Habs Fan
Moderator
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Longueuil
Country: Canada
Posts: 66,455
vCash: 567
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotianhab View Post
I need to decide between Phillys D vs Atlanta or New Orleans D against the Bears.
Tough choice on the D. Philly has owned Atlanta in their last 3 meetings. But New Orleans will have had tons of time to prepare and they are at home. My gut tells me go with New Orleans, could be lots of Cutlerception's in a loud Superdome.

Marc the Habs Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2011, 10:34 AM
  #15
CareyClutch
Doing the job
 
CareyClutch's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Montreal
Country: North Korea
Posts: 4,949
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to CareyClutch
Flacco @ ten

or

Ryan vs Phi

CareyClutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2011, 11:48 AM
  #16
Vladiator16*
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Maryland
Posts: 7,275
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TCNorthstars View Post
Jeremy Maclin @ ATL
or
Steve Smith @ GB?

Standard h2h league.
Steve Smith

Quote:
Originally Posted by CareyClutch View Post
Flacco @ ten

or

Ryan vs Phi
Flacco


Hakeem Nicks (Questionable) VS Stl
or
Plaxico Burress (Probable) VS Jac

Vladiator16* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2011, 04:36 PM
  #17
SomeDude
Registered User
 
SomeDude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Pittsburghish
Posts: 5,871
vCash: 500
Have a couple I'm trying to decide on here. All are PPR h2h leagues.

M. Ryan vs Phi
or
M. Schaub vs Mia (also have A. Johnson and Foster in my lineup)

Need to fill 1 WR spot and 1 Flex spot between these 4:
D. Bowe vs Det
or
A. Boldin vs Ten
or
S. Smith vs GB
or
D. Sproles vs Chi (return yards count)

For another league:
B. Lloyd vs Cin
or
B. Marshall vs Ten

SomeDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2011, 06:02 PM
  #18
mpleafan
Registered User
 
mpleafan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 909
vCash: 500
Need to select 1 for Flex. non ppr.
Cedric Benson @Den
Brandon Marshall @Hou
Jordy Nelson @Car
Deion Branch @SD
thanks.

mpleafan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2011, 06:53 PM
  #19
BGDDYKWL
Registered User
 
BGDDYKWL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 3,556
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TCNorthstars View Post
Jeremy Maclin @ ATL
or
Steve Smith @ GB?
I know Smith looked great last week but I think it'll be a different story against the Packers. I'd go Maclin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vladiator16 View Post
Hakeem Nicks (Questionable) VS Stl
or
Plaxico Burress (Probable) VS Jac
Nicks said today that he'll be playing Monday, so you gotta go with him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SomeDude View Post
M. Ryan vs Phi
or
M. Schaub vs Mia (also have A. Johnson and Foster in my lineup)
I hate having too many guys playing from the same team (even if it does appear to be a solid matchup), so for that alone I'd go Ryan. In a vacuum though I'd say Schaub is the better start.

Quote:
Need to fill 1 WR spot and 1 Flex spot between these 4:
D. Bowe vs Det
or
A. Boldin vs Ten
or
S. Smith vs GB
or
D. Sproles vs Chi (return yards count)
You gotta go with Sproles in a league that counts return yards (he got me 40 in a PPR/return yard league last week). As for your WR spot it's pretty much a toss up. Boldin's probably the safest play there.

Quote:
For another league:
B. Lloyd vs Cin
or
B. Marshall vs Ten
Definitely Marshall

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpleafan View Post
Need to select 1 for Flex. non ppr.
Cedric Benson @Den
Brandon Marshall @Hou
Jordy Nelson @Car
Deion Branch @SD
thanks.
I'm not a fan of Benson at all, that being said he's the clear number one there, so he's gonna get touches. PPR I'd definitely say Marshall, but as much as it pains me to say it I think you gotta go Benson.

BGDDYKWL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2011, 06:36 PM
  #20
DEVILS ALL THE WAY*
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 19,477
vCash: 500
1) Maclin @ Atl or Meachem Vs Bears
2) Starks @ Car or P. Thomas Vs Bears

DEVILS ALL THE WAY* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2011, 08:00 PM
  #21
Reality Check
Registered User
 
Reality Check's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 13,082
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DEVILS ALL THE WAY View Post
1) Maclin @ Atl or Meachem Vs Bears
2) Starks @ Car or P. Thomas Vs Bears
If Lance Moore is out, I'd gamble on Meachem.

I'll take Starks based on the weaker matchup.


===

I need a RB and a flex in a non-ppr league

- B. Wells
- R. Bush
- B. Tate
- N. Burleson
- H. Nicks


Starks and Lance Moore are also on the waiver wire. With Manning done for the year, should I just cut bait on Addai and add one of the two?

Reality Check is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2011, 08:39 PM
  #22
Hot Carlson
Registered User
 
Hot Carlson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Washington, DC
Country: United States
Posts: 1,882
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DEVILS ALL THE WAY View Post
1) Maclin @ Atl or Meachem Vs Bears
2) Starks @ Car or P. Thomas Vs Bears
I am driving the Meachem bandwagon this year but I really think that Bears D is going to play like they're on fire tomorrow. Go with Maclin, who absolutely torched the Falcons in their last matchup.

The other is much easier. Starks

Hot Carlson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2011, 08:40 PM
  #23
Hot Carlson
Registered User
 
Hot Carlson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Washington, DC
Country: United States
Posts: 1,882
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reality Check View Post
If Lance Moore is out, I'd gamble on Meachem.

I'll take Starks based on the weaker matchup.


===

I need a RB and a flex in a non-ppr league

- B. Wells
- R. Bush
- B. Tate
- N. Burleson
- H. Nicks


Starks and Lance Moore are also on the waiver wire. With Manning done for the year, should I just cut bait on Addai and add one of the two?
I'd probably take a flyer on Starks. Could be a long year in Indy and if the team is struggling they may want to see what Delone Carter can do.


Playing Cadillac over CJ2K would just be crazy, right? Even though CJ is playing Baltimore? Somebody stop me from doing something ridiculous.


Last edited by Hot Carlson: 09-17-2011 at 08:46 PM.
Hot Carlson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2011, 09:56 PM
  #24
Marc the Habs Fan
Moderator
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Longueuil
Country: Canada
Posts: 66,455
vCash: 567
Start CJ2K.

Anyway, Jackson may play for the Rams, so Cadillac may not get that many carries.

Marc the Habs Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2011, 10:19 PM
  #25
Hot Carlson
Registered User
 
Hot Carlson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Washington, DC
Country: United States
Posts: 1,882
vCash: 500
I think it's smoke and mirrors so that NYG have to prepare for him. He hasn't practiced all week. I was likely going to start CJ all along, I just needed some reinforcement.

Hot Carlson is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:27 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2016 All Rights Reserved.