HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Josh Bailey Deadline

Closed Thread

Old
09-15-2011, 10:46 PM
timw33

vCash: 500
Mckenzie has it as 2 yrs 2.1M total.

Old
09-15-2011, 10:57 PM
dumpnchase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macch View Post
You cant do an offer-sheet. The Islanders already made a qualifying offer and he declined it.
Since they have a deal its moot now, but for future reference:

A team could have offer-sheeted him.

If the Isles hadn't made a qualifying offer he would have become a UFA.

A qualifying offer makes him a RFA, an offer-sheet can be made by any club to another club's RFA (as long as the club has their picks to be able to meet the draft pick requirements).

I can't believe Wang & Co. were having trouble signing a good young player to a $1 million dollar a year contract. This deal is a very good deal for the Isles, Bailey could have a gotten more.

Old
09-15-2011, 10:59 PM
danishh
Dat Stache

vCash: 50
correct. The only way to protect against an offersheet is to schedule arbitration.

09-15-2011, 11:01 PM
BruinsBtn
HFBoards Sponsor

Good deal, good term. He gets some more time to show his stuff and, at that rate, the Isles would get a good return if he doesn't work out.

Can a NYI fan post the projected lines for me?

Old
09-15-2011, 11:02 PM
dobiezeke*

[QUOTE=dumpnchase;36741393]Since they have a deal its moot now, but for future reference:

A team could have offer-sheeted him.

If the Isles hadn't made a qualifying offer he would have become a UFA.

A qualifying offer makes him a RFA, an offer-sheet can be made by any club to another club's RFA (as long as the club has their picks to be able to meet the draft pick requirements).

I can't believe Wang & Co. were having trouble signing a good young player to a $1 million dollar a year contract. This deal is a very good deal for the Isles, Bailey could have a gotten more.[/QUOTE]

Check out who his agent was...

Old
09-15-2011, 11:15 PM
Renbarg

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruinsButton View Post
Good deal, good term. He gets some more time to show his stuff and, at that rate, the Isles would get a good return if he doesn't work out.

Can a NYI fan post the projected lines for me?
Moulson - Tavares - Parenteau (maybe Nino)
Grabner - Nielsen - Okposo
Rolston (maybe Nino) - Bailey - Comeau
Martin - Reasoner - Haley (maybe Rolston/Parenteau or Nino)

Streit - Jurcina
MacDonald - Hamonic
Eaton - Mottau/Wishart

Old
09-15-2011, 11:25 PM
BruinsBtn
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renbarg View Post

Streit - Jurcina
MacDonald - Hamonic
Eaton - Mottau/Wishart
Thanks. That's three good scoring lines. Definitely formidable upfront, especially if Okposo/Bailey/Nino breakout. I love Hamonic but that defense needs some help. Should be a fun team to watch.

Old
09-15-2011, 11:29 PM
blinkman360
Back to Basics

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renbarg View Post

Streit - Jurcina
MacDonald - Hamonic
Eaton - Mottau/Wishart
Close, but I would tweak a few things...

Nino - Tavares - Moulson
Okposo - Nielsen - Grabner
Rolston - Bailey - Comeau
Martin - Reasoner - Haley/Parenteau(alternate healthy scratch depending on opponent)

Hamonic - Streit
MacDonald - de Haan
Jurcina - Eaton

DP (expect Poulin to take over at some point though)
Montoya

Maybe flip-flop Nino and Okposo depending on chemistry in TC. As good as the KO-FN-MG line looked last year, I think if Okposo looks good with JT they will go with it. I think the Isles are looking for big production from Tavares this year and if that means mixing up a line or two, I think they will do it.

Also, I don't see de Haan NOT making this team out of camp unless he really disappoints. As long as he plays the way he has been playing the last two camps, I really don't see Wishart or Mottau making the team over him unless Wishart really impresses. BTW, I think Hamonic HAS to play with Streit. I think MacDonald is the type of defender who will play well with anyone, and Hamonic playing alongside a guy like Streit will, IMO, help him get to that elite level we all expect him to reach. That could be a real top notch pair right away.

Old
09-15-2011, 11:39 PM
BruinsBtn
HFBoards Sponsor

Thanks again. DeHaan looked good in the second game, I didn't notice him in game 1. McNeely and Nino were good too.

I just re-watched the highlights of the last Bruins-Islanders NHL game. That move Tavares put on Chara at 2:40 was the worst Big-Z got beat all year. Bailey scored a nice one too. http://video.nhl.com/videocenter/con...20102011,2,863

Last edited by BruinsBtn: 09-15-2011 at 11:44 PM.
Old
09-15-2011, 11:49 PM
blinkman360
Back to Basics

Quote:
Thanks again. DeHaan looked good in the second game, I didn't notice him in game 1. McNeely and Nino were good too.

I just re-watched the highlights of the last Bruins-Islanders NHL game. That move Tavares put on Chara at 2:40 was the worst Big-Z got beat all year. Bailey scored a nice one too. http://video.nhl.com/videocenter/con...20102011,2,863
Thanks for the link. As tough as it is to watch those highlights, there were a couple of bright spots in there for Isles fans. Also, even though he didn't have much of a chance on a couple of those goals, Lawson is pretty terrible. I'm glad we are getting deeper and healthier in goal and won't(hopefully) have to see this guy this year.

Old
09-15-2011, 11:54 PM
boredmale

Quote:
I love Hamonic but that defense needs some help.
I think the defense is passable if nobody gets injured but given the Islander injury history the past few seasons, good luck.

Old
09-15-2011, 11:58 PM
Renbarg

Quote:
Originally Posted by blinkman360 View Post
Close, but I would tweak a few things...

Nino - Tavares - Moulson
Okposo - Nielsen - Grabner
Rolston - Bailey - Comeau
Martin - Reasoner - Haley/Parenteau(alternate healthy scratch depending on opponent)

Hamonic - Streit
MacDonald - de Haan
Jurcina - Eaton

DP (expect Poulin to take over at some point though)
Montoya

Maybe flip-flop Nino and Okposo depending on chemistry in TC. As good as the KO-FN-MG line looked last year, I think if Okposo looks good with JT they will go with it. I think the Isles are looking for big production from Tavares this year and if that means mixing up a line or two, I think they will do it.

Also, I don't see de Haan NOT making this team out of camp unless he really disappoints. As long as he plays the way he has been playing the last two camps, I really don't see Wishart or Mottau making the team over him unless Wishart really impresses. BTW, I think Hamonic HAS to play with Streit. I think MacDonald is the type of defender who will play well with anyone, and Hamonic playing alongside a guy like Streit will, IMO, help him get to that elite level we all expect him to reach. That could be a real top notch pair right away.
Hamonic and MacDonald looked great together last year. My thinking is that they will be reluctant to break that up.

CDH will not make the team. The numbers are against him (barring an injury). Even if Mottau gets waived they won't get rid of anyone else within the d-corps and they certainly aren't going to try to pass Wishart through waivers. I'd be shocked if deHaan starts up here.

Closed Thread