HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Taylor Q&A

Closed Thread

Old
08-20-2004, 06:46 PM
NYR469

vCash: 500
Taylor Q&A

Jake Taylor Q&A

Quote:
JT: For me, I just try to work as hard as I can. I take pride in being a team guy and working hard and playing a physical role. I understand that Im not going to score a lot of points, but at the same time, I like to try to contribute a little bit that way. I think most of all, Im a guy that will stick up for his teammates and play hard every night and hopefully be the kind of guy that others on the team can look up to. I guess thats how I would characterize myself.
Quote:
Q: I have read that you have been involved in a lot of charity work during your days at Green Bay of the USHL and are a solid person off the ice. How would you describe your personal character? Do you feel that part of being a good player on the ice has anything to do with your personality off the ice? Thanks and good luck. Adam

JT: I think it has a lot to do with it. If I was trying to be a leader and a team player on the ice, I dont think it would make any sense to be causing trouble off the ice. I just try to live the same way that I play keep my nose clean, keep working hard and continue to try to do the things that make me a better person, whether its giving back to the community or things along those lines. I just live every day the way I play hockey as hard and dedicated as I possibly can and also try to be the best person that I can be.
Quote:
Q: Jake - congratulations. With your childhood friend Bryce Lampman also being part of the Rangers organization, what advice has Bryce given you in making the transition into professional hockey? mattschulte

JT: Bryce and I played together all the way through youth hockey. Hes one of my really, really good friends. The nice thing about Bryce is that hes always been there for me. Hes just a good person and a good friend. We work-out together and train together during the summer. Its really nice to have that comfort of him being there and just having that familiar face there (in Training Camp) will hopefully make my transition to the pro game a lot easier for me.
looks like we found a pair for hartford...lampman & taylor

Old
08-21-2004, 12:45 PM
Frozen North
Healthy Scratch

vCash: 500
Quote:
looks like we found a pair for hartford...lampman & taylor
The next Leetch & Buekeboom they're not. But they could form a good second or third pairing in the coming years.

Closed Thread