HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Anaheim Ducks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2011/12 Teemu Selanne Discussion (Welcome Back Teemu - 1 Year $4M NMC)

Old
01-21-2012, 11:15 PM
Exit Dose

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by duckaroosky View Post
Oh look another stupid "reporter" who doesn't understand the situation in Anaheim is spouting off "maybes" and "shoulds" and the mindless drones are eating it up.
Quoted for future reference. You're going to look foolish after Getzlaf, Visnovsky, and Selanne get traded.

Exit Dose is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2012, 11:37 PM
Ducks DVM
There is no grunion

You'd think someone (like Murray) would have said something if the price for Ryan had dropped from top6/top4/1st to two top prospects and a 1st, but MAYBE he knows more than we do.

Ducks DVM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2012, 02:42 PM
5minsforfighting

I cant stop thinking about Selanne lately.

Lets face it, since BB took over behind the bench Teemu have been terrible. I mean everyone sooner or later have cold streaks in some point of the season, but I cant remember seeing Selanne so disinterested and simply out of gas lately. He simply looks out of place. Is that just me, but I dont see this spark in his eyes which he had at the beginning of the season.

So what is it? He has lost hope to make playoffs with this team? Too disappointed about Carlyle been fired? We all know he had a really good relationship with former coach. Playing with injury? Or simply his age finally start to kick in?

5minsforfighting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2012, 02:47 PM
mightyquack
Rekordtorschütze!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5minsforfighting View Post
I cant stop thinking about Selanne lately.

Lets face it, since BB took over behind the bench Teemu have been terrible. I mean everyone sooner or later have cold streaks in some point of the season, but I cant remember seeing Selanne so disinterested and simply out of gas lately. He simply looks out of place. Is that just me, but I dont see this spark in his eyes which he had at the beginning of the season.

So what is it? He has lost hope to make playoffs with this team? Too disappointed about Carlyle been fired? We all know he had a really good relationship with former coach. Playing with injury? Or simply his age finally start to kick in?
Not really sure what it is, could be anything. But I'd agree with the disinterest, he's floated around quite a lot lately.

mightyquack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2012, 03:08 PM
Exit Dose

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightyquack View Post
Not really sure what it is, could be anything. But I'd agree with the disinterest, he's floated around quite a lot lately.
Maybe he agreed that he was leaving for a contender a while ago, or maybe he was on the wrong side of whatever that locker room conflict was. It could just be age.

Exit Dose is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2012, 03:36 PM
Ducks DVM
There is no grunion

Selanne has 7g 15A 22P in 21g games under BB. He has 8 points in his last 8 games. We need more players to "slump" like this.

But he looks slower and is missing shots he normally wouldn't, yeah. I'm suspicious of age and wear and tear - he recently took off a practice for "maintenance purposes" whatever that means.

Old
01-22-2012, 03:44 PM
JabbaJabba

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducks DVM View Post
Selanne has 7g 15A 22P in 21g games under BB. He has 8 points in his last 8 games. We need more players to "slump" like this.

But he looks slower and is missing shots he normally wouldn't, yeah. I'm suspicious of age and wear and tear - he recently took off a practice for "maintenance purposes" whatever that means.
No hat trick -> slump.

Last edited by JabbaJabba: 01-23-2012 at 04:54 AM.
JabbaJabba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2012, 03:50 PM
duckaroosky
So sayeth Duckthulu

Quote:

He was obviously using the time to look into the other teams that he wants to be traded to

duckaroosky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2012, 03:58 PM
5minsforfighting

Quote:
Originally Posted by JabbaJabba View Post
No hat trick -> slump.
Its not always about the points.

5minsforfighting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2012, 03:58 PM
Duck Off
HF needs an App

Quote:

The points are still there, but there's no question something is different this year, at least lately. I've seen about 25-30 games this year (last 17 in row due to getting center ice) and he has taken a dramatic step back from last year.

Teemu is my all time favorite player, and I will never question his work ethic. I fully believe that he gives it 100% every game. Now, that said I still probably ***** about him more then anyone in game day threads, but there's no questioning this guys effort. However, for whatever reason, his hands and speed have diminished severely. He has a quick burst every now and again, but I haven't seen him this slow in a while. I'm too lazy to look up the stats, but I bet his turnover numbers are very high. He has been very weak on the puck and has it taken away quite easily often times now. I also think that Koivu has outplayed him in every game since he returned for injury, and there has been several games where Hagman has outplayed him as well.

He's still a dangerous weapon in space and on the powerplay, but he's become more of a setup man then a sniper. I think he is nursing some sort of injury, which would explain his speed fall off. However, I do think that for the first time in a long time, we're seeing his age factor in. I love the guy, but if this is really a factor of his age, I hope he hangs them up. Don't want to see him pull a Chelios and not know when to retire.

Duck Off is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2012, 04:00 PM
Duck Off
HF needs an App

Quote:
No hat trick -> slump.
Come on, you know what the intent was. Anyone who's watching lately knows that his play has dramtically fallen off lately. His point totals of late are misleading IMO.

Old
01-22-2012, 04:01 PM
DarthYenik

It's his now traditional mid season slump. The ketchup bottle needs to be unstuck again.

DarthYenik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2012, 04:11 PM
Ducks DVM
There is no grunion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duckstudd269 View Post
The points are still there, but there's no question something is different this year, at least lately. I've seen about 25-30 games this year (last 17 in row due to getting center ice) and he has taken a dramatic step back from last year.

Teemu is my all time favorite player, and I will never question his work ethic. I fully believe that he gives it 100% every game. Now, that said I still probably ***** about him more then anyone in game day threads, but there's no questioning this guys effort. However, for whatever reason, his hands and speed have diminished severely. He has a quick burst every now and again, but I haven't seen him this slow in a while. I'm too lazy to look up the stats, but I bet his turnover numbers are very high. He has been very weak on the puck and has it taken away quite easily often times now. I also think that Koivu has outplayed him in every game since he returned for injury, and there has been several games where Hagman has outplayed him as well.

He's still a dangerous weapon in space and on the powerplay, but he's become more of a setup man then a sniper. I think he is nursing some sort of injury, which would explain his speed fall off. However, I do think that for the first time in a long time, we're seeing his age factor in. I love the guy, but if this is really a factor of his age, I hope he hangs them up. Don't want to see him pull a Chelios and not know when to retire.
He's 7th on the team with 23 (0.5/game). Last year he had 45 in 73 games (0.62/game).

Old
01-23-2012, 01:50 AM
Ducks DVM
There is no grunion

Selanne took over 44th all time in assists tonight with 733.

Old
01-23-2012, 03:33 AM
Seanconn*
mission accomplished

Quote:
Selanne took over 44th all time in assists tonight with 733.
pretty impressive playmaking for a guy who's known more for his goal scoring... (oh God, I play NHL 12 too much )

Seanconn* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2012, 04:54 AM
JabbaJabba

Quote:
No hat trick -> slump.
I should have added the sarcasm sign here.

Old
01-23-2012, 03:00 PM
jepjepjoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duckstudd269 View Post

You are right he should retire. He's only 16th in points and 10th in assists... What a bum.

jepjepjoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2012, 03:04 PM
duckaroosky
So sayeth Duckthulu

Quote:
I should have added the sarcasm sign here.
No... we got it. I think it's just a language barrier.

Old
01-23-2012, 03:20 PM
JabbaJabba

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckaroosky View Post
No... we got it. I think it's just a language barrier.
Well I'm not so sure about it.

Old
01-23-2012, 03:33 PM
duckaroosky
So sayeth Duckthulu

Quote:
Well I'm not so sure about it.
Well... I got it.

Old
01-23-2012, 03:37 PM
Calderon

One more game before the ASG break. If it's fatigue, he'll probably re-energize himself during the time-off. He'll be alright.

Calderon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2012, 01:55 PM
Finnpin

Finnish fans asked Teemu some questions

And here is the answers:

Link:
http://www.mtv3.fi/urheilu/jaakiekko...en-kysymyksiin

Translation:

As your age how do you still found motivation for the sport?

- There's no secrets. I've liked this so much and it's still fun. After all age is just numbers. The fun and passion for hockey is the reason why I'm still playing and can play well.

What are you going to do after your career? You stay with your family there or return to Finland?

- Well everything is open. We have enjoyed well here. We haven't closed down the option that someday we will move to Finland. Time will tell but at beginning we will stay here and when something's has to be done Ducks organization has some work where they want me. Everything looks ok after retirement.

After your retirement will you continue around hockey?

- Of course some day I will be around hockey. Not at first but some day. I'm sure I have still something to give for the sport.

Does hockey thoughts/things stay in the arena/rink or do you think about them at home?

- We try not to talk much about hockey at home at least about my stuff. Except if the sons ask something. I'll try to keep home and work separated. Sons are at the age that they are interested and enjoy asking cos they play themselves. It's no problem to leave hockey thoughts out at home.

What do you do or think in a car while you are on your way to game or practise?

- I'll try to keep my thoughts away from hockey. Usually I'm on the phone cos when I'm at home I don't like to do phone calls much. Almost every phone call in a car is to Finland especially in mornings.

What team would you like to coach after your playing career?

- I think I wouldn't be a top coach. It needs a new passion and I don't have it. If there is some coaching maybe something around juniors.

What are your favourite teams in NHL if you can't choose Anaheim?

- If there comes hockey from tv I like to watch Boston, Chicago and Detroit. Detroit's gamestyle is something I like to watch.

What team would you like to pick against Ducks in the Stanley Cup finals?

- It can be from the same conference... Boston...it would be nice to play against the defending champions.

What team would you play in Finland if you had to?

- Absolutely in Jokerit. In Finland there is only one team for me.

Do you ever think about playing in Jokerit?

- Sometimes but when I retire I retire here. I have good memories from Jokerit but I don't think I will play in Finland anymore.

What kind of player are you now compared to 15 years ago?

- Overall game and defensive game is better plus I'm wiser due to experience. You change during the years and there comes other things than just the offense.

Can you notice that you would be slower than before?

- Well I'm not as quick as I used to be but I'm surprised how well I've manage to keep the speed. That's one reason why I'm still playing. I feel that I can still use the speed, that's vital for me.

What is your opinion about the different hockey league levels? (better ones?)

- NHL, KHL and then I think Finland and Sweden are even and then Swiss-league. I don't know nothing about Czech-league. Hard to say my knowledge about european leagues isn't very good.

What do you think is the level of SM-Liiga at the moment?

-What I understand it's good. Hard to say cos I haven't seen many games but when we played against Jokerit that game was very good.

What goals you have enjoyed the most?

- Two goals are in my mind. The goal when I broke Mike Bossy's rookie record and second one against Detroit in conference finals game five.

Juha Lind (ex Jokerit and Stars) have said that you can remember all your goals. Is that true?

- It's quite true. My routines have always been when I go to sleep I go through the game in my mind. I think where and how did I score and where I should have scored. Maybe you can say after that I can remember a goal if someone says what game, what team and when it happend? Usually I remember them. It's my visualization practise.

Last edited by Finnpin: 01-25-2012 at 02:01 PM.
Finnpin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2012, 02:51 PM
Duck Off
HF needs an App

Quote:
Originally Posted by jepjepjoo View Post
You are right he should retire. He's only 16th in points and 10th in assists... What a bum.
The chelios reference was meaning i don't want him to try to play when his play falls off. Not saying he needs to retire now, but I don't want to see him as a player who struggles to find a roster spot.

Old
01-26-2012, 12:14 AM
snarktacular
Ducks tank is on!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finnpin View Post
What are your favourite teams in NHL if you can't choose Anaheim?

- If there comes hockey from tv I like to watch Boston, Chicago and Detroit. Detroit's gamestyle is something I like to watch.
Fire up the Selanne to Detroit rumors. Also notice that he didn't pick Winnipeg.

snarktacular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2012, 01:47 AM
2faded

What could we get from Detroit?

It'd feel so weird though. I hate Detroit too much. If Selanne helped them win a cup I wouldn't know what to feel.

2faded is online now   Reply With Quote