HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Whats Iggy worth if Big Joe got 6.75

Closed Thread

Old
08-18-2004, 08:44 PM
Psycho Papa Joe
Porkchop Hoser

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 19bruins19
If you take out this years injury(he was supposed to be out for six weeks but started the series and it just got worse) and his rookie season (where he played 4-5 mins a game) he would have 18 points in 22 games.
You can put whatever spin you want on it, but he has 18pts in 35 games and the Bruins have only won one playoff series in his time in Boston. He has been consistently outplayed by the opposition's best players. As the Bruin's best player and supposed leader, he has to take the responsibility.

Old
08-18-2004, 08:51 PM
Vic Rattlehead*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psycho Joe
You can put whatever spin you want on it, but he has 18pts in 35 games and the Bruins have only won one playoff series in his time in Boston. He has been consistently outplayed by the opposition's best players. As the Bruin's best player and supposed leader, he has to take the responsibility.
Of course, and I can't wait for the time that Thornton dominates in the playoffs.

Old
08-19-2004, 12:14 AM
txomisc

considering that Joe Thornton is a better player than Jarome Iginla Id say about 6.5 mill

Old
08-19-2004, 04:04 AM
Iggy-4-50

Quote:
Originally Posted by txomisc
considering that Joe Thornton is a better player than Jarome Iginla Id say about 6.5 mill
I don't mind people "thinking things" but stating things without reason doesn't wash for me. Thornton can pass off to quaility players better then Iginla...in the end thats about it...unless of course you wish to state why i'm wrong!

Old
08-19-2004, 05:21 AM
Malakhov

Send a message via MSN to Malakhov
Quote:

Old
08-19-2004, 10:45 AM
MrMastodonFarm*

Quote:
Well, no. lol

Old
08-19-2004, 02:34 PM
Brett38

Thornton...6.75m

Iggy at least 7.75m!

Old
08-19-2004, 05:21 PM
txomisc

Quote:
Originally Posted by T@T
I don't mind people "thinking things" but stating things without reason doesn't wash for me. Thornton can pass off to quaility players better then Iginla...in the end thats about it...unless of course you wish to state why i'm wrong!

Thornton is 25 has played 7 seasons for a total of 509 games at .82 PPG career. he is a plus 25 over that time and has a shooting perfect of just under 15.3%

Jarome iginla is 27 has played 626 games in 8 seasons at .79 PPG
Over that time he is plus 23 with a shooting percentage of just over 13%

they have pretty similar stats overall with Iginla taking a huge lead in goals because he shoots so much more often (and is better than Joe at this) and Thornton taking a big lead in assists because he is a better passer. The ppg is very close with both being very impressive in this day and age. Both are great leaders and both are capable of dominating games physically.
I just happen to feel that Joe is a little better all around because while Iginla can score goals and drive the net like one bad mofo (joe can do this too), he is not nearly as capable at creating opportunities for his teammates.

and that is why i feel Joe Thornton is a better overall player than Jarome Iginla...not much better, but better

Old
08-19-2004, 05:44 PM
Bloody Sabbath

Send a message via MSN to Bloody Sabbath
Quote:
Originally Posted by habs_24x
makes no sense but its your choice.

Thornton will never carry a team like Inginla did, he just doesnt have it in him.
kind of reminds me of Sundin, same deal for him too.
Iginla over those two put together.
Iginla over Sundin and Joe combined? I like that logic

Old
08-19-2004, 05:50 PM
Vic Rattlehead*

Quote:
makes no sense but its your choice.

Thornton will never carry a team like Inginla did, he just doesnt have it in him.
kind of reminds me of Sundin, same deal for him too.
Iginla over those two put together.
I really wished you were joking

Old
08-19-2004, 07:25 PM
HuskyFlames

Quote:
Thornton is 25 has played 7 seasons for a total of 509 games at .82 PPG career. he is a plus 25 over that time and has a shooting perfect of just under 15.3%

they have pretty similar stats overall with Iginla taking a huge lead in goals because he shoots so much more often (and is better than Joe at this) and Thornton taking a big lead in assists because he is a better passer. The ppg is very close with both being very impressive in this day and age. Both are great leaders and both are capable of dominating games physically.
I just happen to feel that Joe is a little better all around because while Iginla can score goals and drive the net like one bad mofo (joe can do this too), he is not nearly as capable at creating opportunities for his teammates.

and that is why i feel Joe Thornton is a better overall player than Jarome Iginla...not much better, but better
How can you asy Joe is better overall? Joe defensive game is not as good as Iginla's. Joe plays very little PK time while Iginla is a great PK killer that has been on it for many years. He can play the PP and PK while Joe isn't quite their for the PK.

Old
08-19-2004, 07:28 PM
txomisc

i am not overly impressived with either players defensive abilities. Iginlas more explosive style of offense is better suited for the PK than Thorntons, i dont think that makes him any better defensively

Old
08-20-2004, 01:19 AM
Iggy-4-50

Quote:

For one i think everyone would agree that Joe has have better teammates over the years and should certainly help his PPG stats!

Lets consider Iggys PPG stats since Fleury left town and became #1 right winger.... (.94 PPG)

Lets consider Iggys playoff stats... (.93 PPG in 28 games) (.64 PPG for Thornton in 28 games)

Thornton is way more of a one-way player then Iginla,Thornton is "lazy" without the puck whereas Iginla "fights" to get the puck.

Iginla has proven he's a winner and loves to win since he was 15, (Memorial Cup MVP,World Junior MVP,Olympic Gold...you name it!)

Sorry if i sound like a homer but i would bet my life savings any GM in the league givin a choice would take Iginla in a heartbeat over Thornton...not even close.

Old
08-20-2004, 07:36 AM
feff

Send a message via Yahoo to feff
Quote:
Originally Posted by T@T
For one i think everyone would agree that Joe has have better teammates over the years and should certainly help his PPG stats!

Lets consider Iggys PPG stats since Fleury left town and became #1 right winger.... (.94 PPG)

Lets consider Iggys playoff stats... (.93 PPG in 28 games) (.64 PPG for Thornton in 28 games)

Thornton is way more of a one-way player then Iginla,Thornton is "lazy" without the puck whereas Iginla "fights" to get the puck.

Iginla has proven he's a winner and loves to win since he was 15, (Memorial Cup MVP,World Junior MVP,Olympic Gold...you name it!)

Sorry if i sound like a homer but i would bet my life savings any GM in the league givin a choice would take Iginla in a heartbeat over Thornton...not even close.

A smart GM would try to take both and put them on their team.
That would be a helluva combo.

Old
08-20-2004, 08:27 AM
shadoz19

Quote:
Originally Posted by detredWINgs
7-7.5 seems reasonable to me. Injuries aside, Joe was crap in the playoffs. Guys like Koivu and Lang still did well in the playoffs and had considerable injuries as well.
Lang faded once he broke his hand. Joe's injury (torn cartilage in his rib cage) might have been worse. I have no idea how painful that would be to try and play with.

Old
08-20-2004, 09:09 AM
habs_24x

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadoz19
Lang faded once he broke his hand. Joe's injury (torn cartilage in his rib cage) might have been worse. I have no idea how painful that would be to try and play with.

what has Joe shown so far in the playoffs in his career? nothing.
Bruins cant even get past the first round. Theyve had good teams in the past
but once the REAL season starts, Big Joe turns into Invisible Joe

Old
08-20-2004, 09:32 AM
shadoz19

Quote:
Who knows? Maybe there is an issue there. But that particular injury, I think would have hindered anybody. Even at $6.75m, I would still take a chance. He is still very young.

Old
08-20-2004, 11:35 AM
HellsBells

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legionnaire
6 million
I'd say that would be reasonable without comparisons.

But when Joe Thornton makes 6.75, Iginla deserves at least 7.5. Unless of course you think Thornton is a better player than Iginla.

Old
08-20-2004, 01:10 PM
Bruinster*

Send a message via ICQ to Bruinster*
Quote:
Bruins cant even get past the first round.

Habs fan on this thread look like moron, Is joe career over ? Joe sakic lead his team to only one playoff year at the same age of Thornton ! is Sakic a loser ?

And for Habs fan who claim how Koivu is great in playoff and how a great leader he's , The habs with Koivu at 25y old only win 1 playoff serie and he've only played a couple of game in that serie.

Old
08-20-2004, 01:56 PM
txomisc

Quote:
Originally Posted by T@T

thornton played through quite an injury that very much limited him in the playoffs. Iginla and his mates were carried by a hot goalie. lets not give all this credit to iginla for being a winner when his goalie was the big contributor to the team (it wasnt even close) and they didnt even win. Iginla was held very well in check in the finals and showed a pouty spoiled brat side at the same time.

Old
08-20-2004, 02:15 PM
Vic Rattlehead*

Quote:
Joe had 6 points in 6 games against your habs two years ago, I hardly say that was his fault.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick - Flames fan
How can you asy Joe is better overall? Joe defensive game is not as good as Iginla's. Joe plays very little PK time while Iginla is a great PK killer that has been on it for many years. He can play the PP and PK while Joe isn't quite their for the PK.
Thornton may not have had as much points this year as he did the year before, but he improved his defensive game a lot.

Old
08-20-2004, 02:28 PM
Russian_fanatic

If Thornton gets $6.75 million, then so does Iginla. Thornton is just as physical, and he is a better playmaker, and he gathered more points.

Old
08-20-2004, 03:17 PM
habs_24x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russian_fanatic
If Thornton gets $6.75 million, then so does Iginla. Thornton is just as physical, and he is a better playmaker, and he gathered more points.

i can guarrantee Iginla gets at least 1 mill more than Joe.

just wondering, when was the last time Joe dropped the gloves for a fight?

Old
08-20-2004, 03:23 PM
HellsBells

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russian_fanatic
Iginla is a better goal scorer, better defensively, a better leader and a much, much better team player.

Iginla vs. Thornton on skills alone is fairly even. Throw intangibles into the mix and Iggy seperates himself from Thornton IMO.

Old
08-20-2004, 03:23 PM
tantalum

Quote:
i can guarrantee Iginla gets at least 1 mill more than Joe.

just wondering, when was the last time Joe dropped the gloves for a fight?

March 2 vs McCabe
Jan 19 vs Lindros
Nov 14 vs Richardson (Thornton with instigator)

Closed Thread