HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Komarisrek for lundmark idea

Closed Thread

Old
08-17-2004, 09:44 PM
thrill89

vCash: 500
Komarisrek for lundmark idea

Trying to start a rumor. Maybe we can get Montreal twice to make a great deal with us......

Old
08-17-2004, 09:54 PM
303Joe

Don't think its gonna work..

Quote:
Originally Posted by thrill89
Trying to start a rumor. Maybe we can get Montreal twice to make a great deal with us......
go back to the drawing board. Why would they want Lundmark he did absolutely nothing last year in 30 games when the kid had all kinds of playing time.

Old
08-17-2004, 10:10 PM
Evil Sather

You're out of your mind. Wait till some Habs fan sees it and takes a giant **** all over this. It's gonna be funny as hell.

Old
08-17-2004, 10:17 PM
NYR469

not only would the habs laugh at that deal...

but we have decent depth on the blueline right now but very little in terms of top 6 forwards. so why trade away 1 potential top 6 forward for another dman??

not that i wouldn't want komisarek, cause i've wanted him since prior to the 2001 draft...but i think given all other factors we're better off with lundmark right now and hope that he gets his act together

Old
08-17-2004, 10:56 PM
Habdominal

Yep It's gonna be a cold day in Hell before Mtl trade Komisarek... and I'm not jkust talking -40

Mtl just Needs Komisarek and just can.t trade him

KOMO ROCKS

Old
08-17-2004, 11:12 PM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

Send a message via AIM to Bird Law
I don't see why everyone is clamoring over a big guy who doesn't play half as mean as he should.

Komo won't be more than a #4/5 d-man and I'll bet most anything on that.

Old
08-17-2004, 11:19 PM
Kovalev27
BEST IN THE WORLD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reveille
I don't see why everyone is clamoring over a big guy who doesn't play half as mean as he should.

actually mike is a good friend of mine and has been all business this summer, for a guy that big his hands and skating ability are incredible and to say he doesn't play mean ask joe thornton, mikey k will be a top pairing guy in this league and at the very least a very good second pairing guy

Old
08-17-2004, 11:22 PM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kovalev27
actually mike is a good friend of mine and has been all business this summer, for a guy that big his hands and skating ability are incredible and to say he doesn't play mean ask joe thornton, mikey k will be a top pairing guy in this league and at the very least a very good second pairing guy
I whole heartedly disagree. He's never been the one to make sure someone won't come near the crease. Or hit their best player. Or even just stop pesting. He is a HUGE guy who doesn't hit enough or take the body nearly enough. Yes, he does hit, and when he does it's a good hit. But if he wants to be more than a #4 or such d-man he better start using it more. And to say he is an incredible skater... Well, you must not watch him much. I don't know where that came from. He's an average skater and his turning ability is below average. I've been watching him for a few years now pretty in-depth since he's a kid from around the area and it would be nice to see him succeed.

Old
08-17-2004, 11:41 PM
in the hall

komosaurus is an awesome player

i played with him in li, would be nice to see him on the rangers, he is exactly what they need

Old
08-18-2004, 12:21 AM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by in the hall
komosaurus is an awesome player

i played with him in li, would be nice to see him on the rangers, he is exactly what they need
He's a solid all around guy. But I see NOTHING that makes him awesome.

I might be in the minority, but I seriously think he will have trouble becomming this great #1/2 that people are expecting him to be. He has average hockey sense. Average skating (very questionable mobility in my eyes). For his size he doesn't play very mean or even that agressive. He doesn't really clear the crease.

But his offense is good for a big man. He has a wicked shot and a good outlet pass.

Old
08-18-2004, 12:48 AM
Taupy

:lol :lol :bonk:

Old
08-18-2004, 01:19 AM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taupy
:lol :lol :bonk:
Nice contribution.

Old
08-18-2004, 01:46 AM
Thomas

Send a message via MSN to Thomas
Quote:

I might be in the minority, but I seriously think he will have trouble becomming this great #1/2 that people are expecting him to be. He has average hockey sense. Average skating (very questionable mobility in my eyes). For his size he doesn't play very mean or even that agressive. He doesn't really clear the crease.

But his offense is good for a big man. He has a wicked shot and a good outlet pass.
I dont think he will ever become a #1 defenseman, and maybe never a #2 defenseman by definition. But I do think he will be a good physical defensive defenseman that can complement a more offensive minded defenseman in a #2 role. I see Markov as the future #1 defenseman of the Montreal Canadiens, with Komisarek being the stay at home type hes paired with.

I dont agree with his lack of mobility, I believe hes a good skater for someone his size, but I do agree with his average hockey sense. He still needs work on his positional play in the defensive zone, and his decision making needs work. He started showing his aggresive side during the playoffs, though I had thought him a gentle giant before then. I expect that physical play to improve next season, and he will hopefully start showing signs of that solid crease clearing defenseman.

As for the proposal, it makes no sense for the Habs. We only have 3 NHL right defenseman, one of them being Patrice Brisebois who will most likely be gone within a few years, and a decent defenseman in Craig Rivet. The Habs have very few good young defenseman, and have an overload of young offensive talents (prospects). I see the Habs trading a forward prospect for a defenseman rather than the other way around. Theres also the fact that center is our deepest position having Koivu, Ribeiro, Bonk and Begin at the NHL level and Plekanec, Higgins, Chipchura, Urquhart, Lapierre, Locke etc as prospects with possible NHL futures.

Old
08-18-2004, 01:53 AM
Radek27

Send a message via AIM to Radek27
Would Klee be a good comparison to Komo?

Old
08-18-2004, 02:01 AM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radek27
I think a less mean McCabe would be better. Klee has really limited offense.

Old
08-18-2004, 09:10 AM
AJ1982

Send a message via AIM to AJ1982
Quote:

He's got average hockey sense right now but it's more positioning and making smart plays right now, many young defenseman who come into the NHL at a young age struggle with these issues during their first few years if not longer. Throw in the fact that Komisarek is a big guy and an NCAA player and you can see that his development is going to be longer than average. That said, his skating is great for a guy his size, better than many other successful big defenders. I just disagree with the concept that he doesn't play mean. He does, but he picks his spots, he's trying to minimize the penalties he takes in Montreal right now and he's also adjusting to larger more conditioned players in the NHL. If you question his intensity or meanstreak go back and look at some tape of him playing in the NCAA and look at some interviews just after his draft year where he talks about his favorite part of the game, nailing people. As somebody who took part in the NY select camp in 98 with Komisarek I can tell you, on the ice, he is one mean SOB, always has been and always will be. There are no guarantees that he will reach his max potential but make no mistake, he could be a top pairing defensemanm, the potential is there.

Old
08-18-2004, 12:56 PM
Kovalev27
BEST IN THE WORLD

have i seen him play? hmm i grew up with the kid i think i caught a game here and there. obviously he doesn't skate like forsberg or fedorov, but for his size he is a good skater that will only get better and from what i've seen this summer he's already improved that aspect of his game. he's still only 22 and to say that his physical game is nonexistent is ridiculous. give him another year or two to solidify his stature and see what he can do. he'd be A HUGE pickup if somehow the rangers ever got him which they won't.

Old
08-18-2004, 01:20 PM
kazo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kovalev27
have i seen him play? hmm i grew up with the kid i think i caught a game here and there. obviously he doesn't skate like forsberg or fedorov, but for his size he is a good skater that will only get better and from what i've seen this summer he's already improved that aspect of his game. he's still only 22 and to say that his physical game is nonexistent is ridiculous. give him another year or two to solidify his stature and see what he can do. he'd be A HUGE pickup if somehow the rangers ever got him which they won't.
At 6'4" and 220 lbs I would have thought he would more physical than he has shown so far. Usually those guys get rid of the rough edges first, not the other way around. Good player, just not as billed as was hyped.

Old
08-18-2004, 02:24 PM
NYRfan68

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radek27
No way... I'd compare him to Jeff Beukeboom crossed with Chris Pronger
He's gonna b amazing!

Lundmark on the other hand needs to develop a scoring touch

Old
08-18-2004, 04:37 PM
Masao

Maybe if you'd add Balej...

Old
08-18-2004, 04:42 PM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masao
Maybe if you'd add Balej...
You guys might have to add Pleks than :/.

This whole thread is getting nowhere since, after the Kovalev trade, I don't think either team has what either team wants.

Old
08-18-2004, 05:05 PM
Kovalev27
BEST IN THE WORLD

agreed although im sure glen would love mikey k in ranger blue but the kid is an untouchable.

Old
08-18-2004, 06:25 PM
Habdominal

Quote:

Quote:
I think a less mean McCabe would be better. Klee has really limited offense.
Now I'm Having real hard time following you... if he's a less physical McCabe then you must see Mtl as one hell of a defensive team to say he won't be more than a 4th or 5th d-man

Old
08-18-2004, 08:37 PM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabexx
Now I'm Having real hard time following you... if he's a less physical McCabe then you must see Mtl as one hell of a defensive team to say he won't be more than a 4th or 5th d-man
A less physical McCabe WOULD be a #4/5 d-man. McCabe is a 2/3 in my eyes. With him being less physical it would drop him down a notch or so.

Old
08-18-2004, 09:01 PM
NYRfan68

McCabes overrated. Komisarek will like him offensively, maybe less mean..but that doesn't mean a worse checker. He'll just be less dirty. His defense is do much better than McCabes. Look for him to be a poormans rob blake or chris pronger.

Closed Thread