HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Komarisrek for lundmark idea

Closed Thread

Old
08-18-2004, 10:09 PM
EvilCorporateLawyer
Very slippery slope

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to EvilCorporateLawyer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rancid
McCabes overrated. Komisarek will like him offensively, maybe less mean..but that doesn't mean a worse checker. He'll just be less dirty. His defense is do much better than McCabes. Look for him to be a poormans rob blake or chris pronger.
Except Komo hardly throws hits. Thats my point.

Old
08-18-2004, 11:05 PM
ChrisKreider20
Oh Hai Guise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reveille
He's still young tho.... he has plenty of time to improve that aspect of his game...
I'd take him over Pock, Lampman, especially Lundmark.

I think a fair trade for Komisarek would be...
Lundmark, 3rd Round Pick, Liffiton
for
Komisarek

Neither team would do that trade because well either team needs the other player.

But I still would love to have him on NYR

Old
08-18-2004, 11:34 PM
Aarex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reveille
Was really trying not to be a homer and just read this thread and not post...

But honestly... Have you seen Komisarek play?

In the games that he did play in (had very limited ice time this season) he was the most physical player for the habs and probably the most physical player on both teams. The boy loves to hit, the only problem is that he wants to hit more often then he should (often taking himself out of position) If you watch the games Claude Julien was pairing him with Souray, and you could literally SEE souray telling Komisarek when to play the body. If Komo follows in Souray's footsteps (without the injury's) He will be the Habs #1 defensmen.

Old
08-19-2004, 12:35 AM
EvilCorporateLawyer
Very slippery slope

Send a message via AIM to EvilCorporateLawyer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rydified
Was really trying not to be a homer and just read this thread and not post...

But honestly... Have you seen Komisarek play?

In the games that he did play in (had very limited ice time this season) he was the most physical player for the habs and probably the most physical player on both teams. The boy loves to hit, the only problem is that he wants to hit more often then he should (often taking himself out of position) If you watch the games Claude Julien was pairing him with Souray, and you could literally SEE souray telling Komisarek when to play the body. If Komo follows in Souray's footsteps (without the injury's) He will be the Habs #1 defensmen.
I've been watching him play since he was a freshman in college, thank you.

He's one of my favorite prospects as I've said a lot sicne he was from the area.

The most phsyical player for the Habs and even both teams? Seriously, did YOU watch him? He's NEVER been a big hitter. Not in college and not now. When he DOES throw a hit it's always a good one, but he does it way too sporadically. I don't see him ever being a physical, crease clearing presence unless he starts throwing his body much more.

It's not that he picks his spots. He's just way too passive on the hitting game for my tastes.

Old
08-19-2004, 05:50 PM
melisa

Komarisrek is vastly overrated. Typical. Just cause the guy is 6'4 he's this great player. I'd take Tyutin over him any day of the week.

Old
08-19-2004, 08:35 PM
Habdominal

Quote:
Originally Posted by melisa
Komarisrek is vastly overrated. Typical. Just cause the guy is 6'4 he's this great player. I'd take Tyutin over him any day of the week.
Overrated... hum, maybe... but reading at this post he dosn't seems to be since many don't seems to like him that much.

As far as Tyutin being better, I have to agree that Tyutin has more natural habilities

But for a team like Montreal Komo is the most usefull of the two and we'll happily keep him, thank you

Old
08-20-2004, 01:27 AM
Chief

Just because a player, at age 22 hasn't fully developed several aspects of his game doesn't mean he won't turn out a lot better than he is now. Part of scouting is projecting what a player can do with his natural abilities. Let's turn the clock back seven years. Would you have felt then that Zdeno Chara would be one of the top D-men in the NHL in the future?

Closed Thread