HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Notices

Media guys ...

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
08-18-2004, 08:15 PM
  #26
Boozers
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,408
vCash: 500
Jason Gregor with his show Just A Game Rules All Period

Boozers is offline  
Old
08-18-2004, 10:51 PM
  #27
Elvis Lives
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 87
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boozers
Jason Gregor with his show Just A Game Rules All Period
Gregor's show is named "Just A Game Rules All Period?"

He and his 11 listeners will appreciate the plug.

Elvis Lives is offline  
Old
08-19-2004, 02:33 AM
  #28
Guy Flaming
HFB Partner
 
Guy Flaming's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Press Box & on Air
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,204
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Guy Flaming Send a message via Skype™ to Guy Flaming
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elvis Lives
Gregor's show is named "Just A Game Rules All Period?"

He and his 11 listeners will appreciate the plug.

Hey come on now... Jason is a very good radio host. I thinkk he's very well spoken and does a terrific job covering hockey but it's his football coverage that is awesome. I'm not a big CFL guy but you can tell he knows his stuff and he's in tight with the players there. No better Eskimo coverage in town I don't think, including on the carrier station.

Guy Flaming is offline  
Old
08-19-2004, 08:23 AM
  #29
Matts
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 2,911
vCash: 500
Well

I guess it depends on what one looks or or expects from their coverage. I think for the most part all we get is progaganda with some news thrown in. Very little insight. I don't think you're negative for the sake of being negative but when you're in the middle of a 27 year plan and you haven't been to the second round in seven years well I don't think it's all roses either.

Matts is offline  
Old
08-19-2004, 08:33 AM
  #30
dawgbone
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Country: Canada
Posts: 21,104
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to dawgbone Send a message via MSN to dawgbone
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matts
I guess it depends on what one looks or or expects from their coverage. I think for the most part all we get is progaganda with some news thrown in. Very little insight. I don't think you're negative for the sake of being negative but when you're in the middle of a 27 year plan and you haven't been to the second round in seven years well I don't think it's all roses either.
And then sometimes you actually have to assume your readers know what is happening. Does it make sense to call out the GM after he specifically says, several times, that he wants to get a young competetive team to 2004, and then goes and does it?

Lowe hasn't been in charge the last 7 years. Lowe has also had to trade our best player (weight), the only power forward we've ever had (Guerin), not to mention guys like Hamrlik due to money reasons.

Is there an NHL team who has had to unload their top players, yet managed to continually be in the playoff hunt?

Sometimes, you just have to assume that the readers know and understand the situation, and the time for criticism will come.

__________________
TheSpecialist - MacT thinks he was that good of a hockey player when in actuality he was no better then a Louie Debrusk.
dawgbone is offline  
Old
08-19-2004, 09:28 AM
  #31
Elvis Lives
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 87
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guy Flaming
Hey come on now... Jason is a very good radio host. I thinkk he's very well spoken and does a terrific job covering hockey but it's his football coverage that is awesome. I'm not a big CFL guy but you can tell he knows his stuff and he's in tight with the players there. No better Eskimo coverage in town I don't think, including on the carrier station.
Not serious about JGregor, Guy. I'm taking a poke at the poster. I mean, any train of thought that follows the logic of "this-guy or that-team rules, period" without any statement of support deserves a rub, don't you think?

Elvis Lives is offline  
Old
08-19-2004, 11:49 AM
  #32
KnuckleChucker
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 31
vCash: 500
Firstly Brian Hall is horrible... but I still listen to him because it is like watching (listening to)two trains steaming towards each other (everyone loves a train wreck).

Secondly has anyone seen the reincarnation of Dutchie doing the Wetaskiwin car commercials??? OUCH!!!! Don't know what he did to get those brought out of the vault but he needs to get them to put em back...


KnuckleChucker is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:25 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.