HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Detroit Red Wings
Notices

Hudler's on the block (kind of...)[mod: no, not really, just THN speculation "if"]

Old
08-19-2011, 01:31 PM
Osgood As It Gets
Tatar Sauce

vCash: 651
Hudler's on the block (kind of...)[mod: no, not really, just THN speculation "if"]

http://www.thehockeynews.com/article...andidates.html

Quote:
A year ago, the Red Wings were looking forward to Hudler's return from the Kontinental League, anticipating a possible career-best performance. Instead, he put up the worst numbers of his NHL career since 2006-07, with only 37 points. Hudler will be expected to rebound from that poor performance, but a recent report out of Detroit suggested if he struggles early, he’ll end up on the trade block.
Well this isn't a surprise, what do you think he could be worth? Picks and a c level prospect or a now ready player?

Edit : Speculation only, sorry about that.

Last edited by Osgood As It Gets: 08-19-2011 at 04:22 PM.
Osgood As It Gets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-19-2011, 01:55 PM
RedMenace
Zero ***** Given

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HardingsJockstrap View Post
http://www.thehockeynews.com/article...andidates.html

Well this isn't a surprise, what do you think he could be worth? Picks and a c level prospect or a now ready player?

RedMenace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-19-2011, 02:17 PM
ricky0034

part of me wants him to be traded just so I can see this places reaction when he goes and puts up 60 points on another team

ricky0034 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-19-2011, 02:25 PM
WingedWheel1987
Ken Holland's office

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricky0034 View Post
part of me wants him to be traded just so I can see this places reaction when he goes and puts up 60 points on another team
ha ha ha ha ha ha.

ha.

The guy couldn't put up 60 pts with one of the most offensively stacked Wings teams ever and you expect him to put up better than career highs?

I see Hudler as a 40-45 point player who is a defensive blackhole. He obviously isnt a hard worker because the KHL is where you go to take a vacation.

WingedWheel1987 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-19-2011, 02:32 PM
irishtemper

Quote:
Originally Posted by WingedWheel1987 View Post
ha ha ha ha ha ha.

ha.

The guy couldn't put up 60 pts with one of the most offensively stacked Wings teams ever and you expect him to put up better than career highs?

I see Hudler as a 40-45 point player who is a defensive blackhole. He obviously isnt a hard worker because the KHL is where you go to take a vacation.
Yes, I could see that because he would get top 6 minutes along with #1 pp time...I'd like to see Hudler do well here but if it doesn't work out I hope he gets his shot somewhere else

irishtemper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-19-2011, 02:39 PM
Heaton
#disapointment

Send a message via AIM to Heaton
IMO while it's technically speculation, I cannot imagine this being untrue.

I imagine the Wings have tried to move him on numerous occasions but cannot without taking another equal contract back.

Heaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-19-2011, 02:51 PM
Fugu

vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heaton View Post

I imagine the Wings have tried to move him on numerous occasions but cannot without taking another equal contract back.

Ya, but it's different from a reporter saying a GM or NHL source said they "know" he's being offered. We all believe he should be traded but that's no proof that Holland is doing anything.

Old
08-19-2011, 03:07 PM
Heaton
#disapointment

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fugu View Post
Ya, but it's different from a reporter saying a GM or NHL source said they "know" he's being offered. We all believe he should be traded but that's no proof that Holland is doing anything.
I just think it's an instance of when there's smoke there's fire. A lot of people assumed Holland dropped the ball with Burns without any real confirmation other than Babcock being upset the Sharks acquired him.

Old
08-19-2011, 03:33 PM
Adityase

Send a message via AIM to Adityase
Doesn't the fact that he would need to "perform" mean that we're not going to trade him until later in the season if we do at all?

This is a rhetorical question.

Adityase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-19-2011, 03:53 PM
Vatican Roulette
Mona Lisa Lily

Wasn't there a rumor that Detroit tried to move him at the draft?

Vatican Roulette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-19-2011, 04:20 PM
OwkBlue

The only way we are getting rid of Hudler is if we find his seven horcruxs first.

OwkBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-19-2011, 05:24 PM
ProPAIN
I am the Danger!

I am sure he was one of the players they were trying to trade at the draft and all through summer. Not a big fan of his even when he is producing. My philosophy is if you don't have size, you need speed or at least strength to offset that. He has none of that. He isn't an elite scorer either. It was just frustrating to watch him last season. No spark whatsoever.

But on the other hand, he has no trade value. But I rather get a pick (even if it's a late rounder) or prospect at the deadline than lose him for nothing in FA.

ProPAIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-19-2011, 07:22 PM
Xvash2

Quote:
ha ha ha ha ha ha.

ha.

Ville Leino. Your argument is invalid.

Xvash2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-19-2011, 07:35 PM
RedMenace
Zero ***** Given

Quote:
ha ha ha ha ha ha.

ha.

57 points, while just slightly less that 60, is > 40-45. While playing on the third and fourth lines. Facts -- try using them some time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heaton View Post

That's where all of this "Hudler being shopped" nonsense is coming from: peoples' imaginations.

Until someone in the front office says they were trying to move Hudler, it's all baseless speculation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fugu View Post
Speak for yourself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vatican Roulette View Post
Started by a fellow who's not related to the Wings in any way what-so-ever.

RedMenace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-19-2011, 07:57 PM
WingedWheel1987
Ken Holland's office

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xvash2 View Post
Ville Leino. Your argument is invalid.
Yeah that really invalidates my argument............try again.

Being overpaid doesnt make you good.

Last edited by WingedWheel1987: 08-19-2011 at 08:03 PM.
Old
08-19-2011, 08:20 PM
Fugu

vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vatican Roulette View Post
It was all speculation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedMenace View Post
Speak for yourself.

Sorry, Menace.

I've given up. He's never going to fit with this coach/system, imho. Shoot me for saying it, but it's what I believe. Therefore, the team would be better off trading him.

With that said, I'm not at all convinced that KH would move him. They courted him and convinced him to come back to the NHL from the KHL. I can see KH having given him a promise that they wouldn't trade him (without his acceptance of it or something). Holland just seems like that kind of GM.

Old
08-19-2011, 08:43 PM
RedWingsNow*
SaskatoonDeathSquad

The "report out of Detroit" was an off-season analysis by St. James in which she played hard and loose with the facts.
The simple fact is, if Hudler starts great, he has trade value and can be traded. If not, who the hell would want an overpaid, underproducing, undersized, under-um-skating, forward is about to be a UFA?

RedWingsNow* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-19-2011, 08:45 PM
r0bert8841

Send a message via AIM to r0bert8841
Quote:
ha ha ha ha ha ha.

ha.

Your so funny.

r0bert8841 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-20-2011, 04:46 AM
Henkka

vCash: 528
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Bob View Post
The simple fact is, if Hudler starts great, he has trade value and can be traded. If not, who the hell would want an overpaid, underproducing, undersized, under-um-skating, forward is about to be a UFA?
That's why we see the Hudler-Datsyuk-Cleary -line at season start.

Henkka is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-20-2011, 05:07 AM
Borlag

The problem with trading Hudler is that either we're getting squat, or then we're simply not trading him. If he plays well for the first half of the season, the reason to trade him dissappears, and if he doesn't, other teams will want him even less.

The only way we're getting rid of him is if he packs his bags and heads to Russia again. That, or the waivers.

Borlag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-20-2011, 10:53 AM
Heaton
#disapointment

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Bob View Post
The "report out of Detroit" was an off-season analysis by St. James in which she played hard and loose with the facts.
That's the problem, Hudler's value is so non-existent that if he starts off great the Wings have no reason to trade him since he'd be doing exactly what is expected of him.

As much as I believe the Wings are actively shopping him and probably have offered up Filppula in the past, I don't see either being moved. Both have more value to the Wings due to their history than any other team.

Old
08-20-2011, 12:43 PM
WingedWheel1987
Ken Holland's office

Quote:
Originally Posted by r0bert8841 View Post
I see no facts in this post.

It was meant to be a joke in regards to another poster trying to use "facts" aswell.

I do believe my opinion to be true though in what I said. I am not going to give Hudler the benefit of the doubt when he put up those kinds of numbers on such an offensively stacked team.

Old
08-20-2011, 12:48 PM
r0bert8841

Send a message via AIM to r0bert8841
Quote:
It was meant to be a joke in regards to another poster trying to use "facts" aswell.

I do believe my opinion to be true though in what I said. I am not going to give Hudler the benefit of the doubt when he put up those kinds of numbers on such an offensively stacked team.
But he did use facts. You didn't.

He can justify his side with facts, while you are justifying your side with pure speculation. Its pretty clear which side has won.

r0bert8841 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-20-2011, 12:55 PM
WingedWheel1987
Ken Holland's office

Quote:
Originally Posted by r0bert8841 View Post
But he did use facts. You didn't.

He can justify his side with facts, while you are justifying your side with pure speculation. Its pretty clear which side has won.
He was arguing that his 57 point seasons is more realistic than my 40-45 point prediction because he played on the 3rd/4th line.

Sorry I dont agree with those facts simply because that Wings roster was ridiculously stacked offensively. He did play on the 3rd and 4th line, but I am not arguing that.

Old
08-20-2011, 01:18 PM
Heaton
#disapointment

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedMenace View Post
That's where all of this "Hudler being shopped" nonsense is coming from: peoples' imaginations.

Until someone in the front office says they were trying to move Hudler, it's all baseless speculation.
Because this happens all the time before a guy is traded.