HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

New HF Rankings released

Old
09-17-2011, 07:55 AM
trentmccleary

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shanny View Post
and yet other teams fan bases continue to bring them up in arguments as if their some sort of undisputed facts written by the hockey gods themselves to support their silly trade proposals or prospect comparisons
Which is awesome when you wind up in a thread with Rangers fans and Ottawa's 1st round pick is listed as a fringe 2nd liner, while their 4th rounder is a generational talent.

trentmccleary is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2011, 10:47 AM
SixthSens
Global Moderator
RIP Kev

Can't believe how little love my boy Derek Grant is getting. Not even in the top 20? Damn.

SixthSens is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2011, 10:54 AM
Minister of Offence

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Fuhr View Post
I don't see that much difference from the consensus by the fan base and still people here complain
You watch a guy on tv a couple times read some reports and all of a sudden complain about any difference there is from what you think it should be.

Hfs rating system isn't ever going to do too much better then just to show you the names of our prospects listed by how close to the NHL they are, or based on their upside which is mostly based on where they were drafted.

They won't be quick to find the 5th rounder that's upside now looks like 4-5 d or 2nd/3rd line c.

Minister of Offence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2011, 10:56 AM
White Goodman
smell that fitness?

vCash: 50
I guess it's true. Da Costa sucks, Zibanejad blows, and trade Spezza.

White Goodman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2011, 11:17 AM
Philoops
Summer Can Distract

Quote:
Originally Posted by danishh View Post
lmao at lehner dropping.
Same here lol

Philoops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2011, 12:54 PM
Bruin4Life

Reason for Lehner dropping:

2010-11 Ottawa Senators -
Nhl games played: 8
GAA:3.52
Won:1
Lost:4
Save%:0.88

Bruin4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2011, 12:58 PM
Afro Thunder*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruin4Life View Post

Yeah because Prospects are ranked on their NHL careers.

He used to be a B the year before because in the NHL he had a perfect 0.00 GAA, a 100 SV% and 0 loses.

Afro Thunder* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2011, 01:04 PM
Anca18

vCash: 1850
Quote:

Reason why Lehner shouldn't have dropped, at all:

201011 Binghamton Senators AHL
GP: 22
W: 10
L: 8
OTL: 2
GAA: 2.70
Save %: .912

And the playoffs:
GP: 19
W: 14
L: 4
GAA: 2.10
Save %: .939

As a 19 year old. Oh, and he also won this trophy called Jack A. Butterfield Trophy, I think it's for AHL playoff MVP. No big deal though.

Anca18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2011, 01:05 PM
SPLBRUIN

Outside of Ottawa, other hockey people aren't buying the Murray's koolaid. Ottawa fans have been so eager to accept whatever the Murray's tell them as gospel. Try being a little more objective and you will realize that Brian Murray in particular has not done a good job at all as GM and is the primary reason you are looking at a long rebuild.

SPLBRUIN is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2011, 01:06 PM
Afro Thunder*

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPLBRUIN View Post
Outside of Ottawa, other hockey people aren't buying the Murray's koolaid. Ottawa fans have been so eager to accept whatever the Murray's tell them as gospel. Try being a little more objective and you will realize that Brian Murray in particular has not done a good job at all as GM and is the primary reason you are looking at a long rebuild.

WTF DOES THIS HAVE TO DO WITH THE RANKINGS?

Afro Thunder* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2011, 01:08 PM
Anca18

vCash: 1850
Quote:
Originally Posted by Afro Thunder View Post
WTF DOES THIS HAVE TO DO WITH THE RANKINGS?
He's a Bruins fan, probably still cup drunk and probably trying to downplay the rest of the conference.

Anca18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2011, 01:09 PM
MoreGore

Quote:

His time in the NHL before they released the previous list. His body of work after the last ranking included an AHL Playoff MVP award.

MoreGore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2011, 01:12 PM
Minister of Offence

I've seen tons of ppl outside of Ottawa give props to the system.

Old
09-17-2011, 01:18 PM
MoreGore

Quote:
This in fact does have some merit to it. So while most people will discount it, I think you may be at least in part correct.

The last 6 months, the Sens have been selling the future. Doing so has generated buzz, which in turn has sold tickets.

I kinda came to this conclusion just yesterday actually. I was thinking about the prospects that have been generating buzz. I thought about which were not. The former list is pretty big, the other list is not. The buzz mostly comes from the organization itself. So, it could be more smoke and mirrors than reality.

I am not saying it is for sure, but it is something we need to consider.

MoreGore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2011, 01:23 PM
Minister of Offence

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoreGore View Post
This in fact does have some merit to it. So while most people will discount it, I think you may be at least in part correct.

The last 6 months, the Sens have been selling the future. Doing so has generated buzz, which in turn has sold tickets.

I kinda came to this conclusion just yesterday actually. I was thinking about the prospects that have been generating buzz. I thought about which were not. The former list is pretty big, the other list is not. The buzz mostly comes from the organization itself. So, it could be more smoke and mirrors than reality.

I am not saying it is for sure, but it is something we need to consider.
So far they just seem to be pimping guys that end up impressing afterward.

Old
09-17-2011, 01:28 PM
DylanSensFan
Walk On!

vCash: 359
Batali must be a Toronto Maple Leaf fan... they are the only ones who post such vile tripe.

Last edited by DylanSensFan: 09-17-2011 at 01:35 PM.
DylanSensFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2011, 01:35 PM
Karlstrobe
Lazer Lazar

Dont know if this was posted yet, but a nice write up about Zibbys play in the rookie tournament by HF.

"The 2011 crop of draftees were represented at both of these tournaments, with several turning in solid performances.

Perhaps the most notable of the 2011 performers was Ottawa Senators' top pick, Mika Zibanejad. Zibanejad was a player whose stock rose steadily leading up to Draft Day, where he was chosen sixth overall by the Senators. At the Leafs tournament in Oshawa, Ontario, Zibanejad provided ample evidence that the Senators made a wise selection in choosing the budding Swedish forward. Zibanejad displayed a sound offensive game, displaying a nose for the net while also showing that he isn't afraid to go into the corners. As Binghamton Senators and the Senators' prospect squad head coach Kurt Kleinendorst stated, Zibanejad already has few holes in his game, even at this early stage. Zibanejad led his team to the tournament title, something that Senators fans are hoping will be played out in a future Stanley Cup playoff when Zibanejad finally joins the Senators"

http://www.hockeysfuture.com/article...t_tournaments/

Karlstrobe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2011, 01:37 PM
Ed Wood

Quote:
Amen. In no other city would Murray's record as a GM be considered a success. The love he gets on this site amazes me. A 64 year old man with no Stanley Cup rings is not exactly Scotty Bowman or Sam Pollack. I understand that the prospect cupboard was pretty bare when he took over but the truth is that he did an abysmal job of asset management bringing us to where we are today....... a team that really needs to finish at or near the bottom for at least another couple of years to have any chance of returning to where we were when Murray took over.

Ed Wood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2011, 01:38 PM
Iamok
#Panic

Quote:
That's odd, because pretty much everyone agrees that Ottawa's put themselves in a great position towards rebuilding the future.

Iamok is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2011, 01:44 PM
CanadianHockey
Smith - Alfie

Quote:
I think most Sens fans are happy with Murray's drafting record; there's still hot debate about which of Murray or Muckler screwed the team more though. They both certainly had a role.

09-17-2011, 01:51 PM
Shanny
Coming In Hot

Quote:
well given the fact that Bryan Murray inherited literally the worst prospect system in the league and turned it into one of the best, and the fact that people from all over the NHL have been praising him for his work in this regard....I'd say your wrong.

We really started the rebuild in 2008, so technically were already 3 years in, and probably have about 2 more years until were an elite team again.....I wouldn't really consider that a long rebuild ahead.

Shanny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2011, 01:53 PM
FolignoQuantumLeap
A mad Mup

Youz got trolled.

FolignoQuantumLeap is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2011, 02:08 PM
The Fuhr*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed Wood View Post
Amen. In no other city would Murray's record as a GM be considered a success. The love he gets on this site amazes me. A 64 year old man with no Stanley Cup rings is not exactly Scotty Bowman or Sam Pollack. I understand that the prospect cupboard was pretty bare when he took over but the truth is that he did an abysmal job of asset management bringing us to where we are today....... a team that really needs to finish at or near the bottom for at least another couple of years to have any chance of returning to where we were when Murray took over.
I agree with all of this... I finished arguing about BM long ago.
People here love him

The Fuhr* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2011, 02:10 PM
The Fuhr*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shanny View Post
well given the fact that Bryan Murray inherited literally the worst prospect system in the league and turned it into one of the best, and the fact that people from all over the NHL have been praising him for his work in this regard....I'd say your wrong.
I watch a team like the Sharks trade prospects and picks like they are candy. A poor farm system is no excuse for not winning.

The Fuhr* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2011, 02:10 PM
FolignoQuantumLeap
A mad Mup

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Fuhr View Post
I watch a team like the Sharks trade prospects and picks like they are candy. A poor farm system is no excuse for not winning.
Where are the Shark's cups?

FolignoQuantumLeap is online now   Reply With Quote