HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

Doughty for Hall

Old
09-16-2011, 08:14 PM
KingPuckChoo

vCash: 500
Adam Hall is overrated

KingPuckChoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2011, 08:15 PM
Drew311
Shanahanigans

I wouldn't trade Hall for Doughty. Hall has Stamkos potential and this situation has really said a lot about Doughty's priorities. Edmonton sticks with their franchise player and continues the rebuild with a solid defensive pipeline.

Drew311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2011, 09:22 PM
Mc5RingsAndABeer
5-14-6-1

vCash: 50
If Doughty signs for a reasonable number of years, it could be a solid trade value-wise.

But in real life it'd be terrible. Hall is the face of the franchise, AINEC.

Mc5RingsAndABeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2011, 10:15 PM
Wheatking

It would be kind of funny if they were traded for each other since they seem to have an on ice rivalry between them.

-

Wheatking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2011, 10:22 PM
TaketheCannoli
RIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobafettish View Post
This is dumb, Edmonton is just gonna offersheet 10mi/10 year
So if I'm LA, I wouldn't match, take the four 1st round picks and let the $10 million cap hit for 10 years destroy Edmonton. Now Tambellini has established a line. I'd imagine that Hall would then demand $10 million per year or more in a few years. Eberle then would probably demand $8-9 million, RNH same. And Edmonton would have no 1st round picks until 2017. Cap hell and no top end prospects... perfect

TaketheCannoli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2011, 11:45 PM
Slim Cognito*

I don't think Doughty is ready for the Hall of Fame just yet.

Slim Cognito* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2011, 11:52 PM
InTentsProductions*

as an oilers fan i would do hall for doughty but no way eberle for doughty

InTentsProductions* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2011, 11:54 PM
BLAME CANADA*
The Canucks did it

Makes more sense for the Oilers to keep Hall and draft a D man with their pick next year as it should be another good pick, possible 1st overall/top 3, very good chance top 5 and will be top 10. Oilers have a lot of trade bait to trade up if theres a future star D man. Doughty is having contract problems so this make NO sense for the Oilers a team known to have a hard time with signing players.

BLAME CANADA* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2011, 11:55 PM
BLAME CANADA*
The Canucks did it

Quote:
Originally Posted by InTentsProductions View Post
as an oilers fan i would do hall for doughty but no way eberle for doughty
Your nuts!! Hall looks to be a future star and could be super star, Eberle will be a very good player but not on Halls level.

BLAME CANADA* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2011, 12:22 AM
JSC
Registered Sniper

I wouldn't have traded Hall for Doughty two months ago and I wouldn't trade him for Doughty now. I think it's a solid deal value-wise, but Taylor Hall has already become the face of the franchise at the age of 19 in Edmonton.

JSC is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2011, 12:27 AM
Soundwave

Oilers honestly say no I think.

Hall is going to be to the Oilers what Iginla is to the Flames, the face of the franchise for a long, long time.

Hall was on pace for more goals as a rookie than Tavares or Stamkos as rookies before he got hurt, lets not forget that. Lets not also forge that he lived up to the scrutiny and pressure of being the no.1 pick in a hockey crazy Canadian market and took that all in stride.

Doughty is a terrific player too, but I wonder about his commitment to winning in light of this whole fiasco with the Kings. He really can't make due with taking 200-300k less? Also some of the mutterings about him sometimes not being in shape (not sure how true that is) kinda raises some questions to me.

I don't question that Taylor Hall is the type of kid who would skate through a wall if that's what it took to win ... not sure if I feel that same way about Doughty, even though he is an awesome talent also.

It would be awkward too with what the Oilers are building ... Hall + Eberle are great friends and have terrific chemistry playing on each others wing. Now they drafted RNH presumably to be the glue between those two, you take out Hall and you're left with a gaping hole on the LW. Yeah Paajarvi is a good kid too, but he's no Taylor Hall.

Last edited by Soundwave: 09-17-2011 at 12:35 AM.
Soundwave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2011, 12:36 AM
SmellOfVictory

Doughty is really coming off as a d-bag with the info I've read on the topic. Hall seems like a pretty nice kid. Based entirely on that I'd say no deal.

SmellOfVictory is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2011, 12:45 AM
Generic User
From Concentrate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabriel6676 View Post
You get the next stamkos and we get a hold out d coming off one great year and then not so much - and you want us to add? I guess the question is where would u ever get a better deal? Trading Hall is really not an option anyway as he is what we are building around. We will find a D at some point - nu hurry.
"Next Stamkos" like he's ready to pass the torch to a successor. Ha. I'm guessing he's the next Stamkos just because he was drafted #1 overall, right? If that's the case, Hall better take a ticket because it's Tavares turn next. Before long, RNH will be the next Taylor Hall!

Generic User is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2011, 12:54 AM
keslehr*

Doughty is a proven top flight defenseman.

When Hall proves himself to be a #1C, then he could fetch Doughty in a trade. Not right now.

keslehr* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2011, 12:54 AM
keslehr*

*winger

keslehr* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2011, 01:29 AM
TOGuy14

What's up with Oiler fans stating they will just offer sheet Doughty?

I have been out for the night and had more than a few drinks, but since when would a high profile player agree play in EDM?

TOGuy14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2011, 01:37 AM
Oilmageddon*
What are you hearing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Generic User View Post
"Next Stamkos" like he's ready to pass the torch to a successor. Ha. I'm guessing he's the next Stamkos just because he was drafted #1 overall, right? If that's the case, Hall better take a ticket because it's Tavares turn next. Before long, RNH will be the next Taylor Hall!
Obvious you have never watched him or are a new fan to the game. Because the guy has franchise player written all over him has nothing to do with him being drafted first overall his skill level is obvious unless you're blind

Oilmageddon* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2011, 01:43 AM
Generic User
From Concentrate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by newoilburnsclean View Post
Obvious you have never watched him or are a new fan to the game. Because the guy has franchise player written all over him has nothing to do with him being drafted first overall his skill level is obvious unless you're blind
I was questioning the posters' logic, not Taylor Hall's skill level. Was thinking that was obvious- of course, unless you're blind.

Generic User is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2011, 01:49 AM
I am the Liquor
Fire Mact

vCash: 1271
Hall is untouchable.

He has a drive that is hard to match.

You dont trade players like that for players that have had alleged motivational issues.

You should stick to prospects Bugg, you are bad at proposals.

I am the Liquor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2011, 02:30 AM
Bourne Endeavor
HFBoards: Night's Watch

vCash: 178
Quote:
Originally Posted by leek View Post
So if I'm LA, I wouldn't match, take the four 1st round picks and let the $10 million cap hit for 10 years destroy Edmonton. Now Tambellini has established a line. I'd imagine that Hall would then demand $10 million per year or more in a few years. Eberle then would probably demand $8-9 million, RNH same. And Edmonton would have no 1st round picks until 2017. Cap hell and no top end prospects... perfect
The irony would be if Doughty held out on them, Edmonton finished in the basement again and LA drafts a new top end defenseman, while retaining three more first rounders, plus their own.

Quote:
Originally Posted by newoilburnsclean View Post
I have seen him plenty and personally disagree. My estimation is Hall with top off somewhere in the 80s in point production, and settle there. He will not crack fifty goals nor one hundred points. Of course this is purely subjective to my own opinion. He has plenty of time to prove me wrong.

Bourne Endeavor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2011, 04:05 AM
OilCanada92

Never thought I'd say this but I don't think Doughty is worth loosing Hall over. This contract Drama really makes me see Doughty as a punk.

OilCanada92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2011, 07:25 AM
jerrywally23*

Taylor Hall
Center
Born Nov 14 1991 -- Calgary, ALTA
Height 6.01 -- Weight 194 -- Shoots L

Selected by Edmonton Oilers round 1 #1 overall 2010 NHL Entry Draft

2010-11 Edmonton Oilers NHL 65 22 20 42 27

Drew Doughty
Defense
Born Dec 8 1989 -- London, ONT
Height 6.01 -- Weight 219 -- Shoots R

Selected by Los Angeles Kings round 1 #2 overall 2008 NHL Entry Draft

2009-10 Los Angeles Kings NHL 82 16 43 59 54 20

Speaking as a impartial Bruins Fan the value is definitely there, Hall is slightly better, younger, so LA has to add, maybe a 4nd round

Last edited by jerrywally23*: 09-17-2011 at 07:30 AM.
jerrywally23* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2011, 07:38 AM
Oates2Neely

Quote:
Originally Posted by oilphan View Post
No way the Oilers do it. Right or wrong (only time will tell), management thinks they have a top 5 player in the league in hall.

I honestly think there are 3 players they would consider trading for Hall...Crosby, Ovechkin, and Stamkos; and these would NEVER happen.
Really? So Toews for Hall wouldn't work from Edmontons' perspective? Tambo would turn down Malkin for Hall?

Oates2Neely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2011, 08:02 AM
jumptheshark
McDavid Headquarters

from the oilers perspective an offer sheet makes more sense than trading one of the key guys

Welcome to Edmonton Connor McDavid--the rest of you HA HA HA HA HA HA
jumptheshark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2011, 08:08 AM
Roof Daddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bourne View Post
The irony would be if Doughty held out on them, Edmonton finished in the basement again and LA drafts a new top end defenseman, while retaining three more first rounders, plus their own.
?????
So Doughty signs the offersheet and holds out? He already has the contract. Nice try though.

Either way the offersheet never happens.

Roof Daddy is offline   Reply With Quote