HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Hockey Talk by Country > Finland
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2

SM-Liiga scores 2011/2012 (general talk)

Old
03-28-2012, 04:42 PM
Fat Doctor

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by willfenix View Post
Holy crap! Assat totally blows it. I mean I know JyP is good but I can't believe they got swept.

So on another note, what's Assat's roster look like for next year? Who will be leaving and who is staying? That is such a bummer. Any chance they'll be able to hang on to Mark Lee or Dixon?

Is Kuusela's contract up with Blues? They should try to pick him up again. But that's probably a longshot.
Ässät's best player Zaborsky was injured for the playoffs, and the first-round-pick Joel Armia also ended his season to an injury during the playoffs. Nevertheless, JYP was really good.

Dixon has a contract with Ässät for 2012/13, so if he doesn't go to KHL's money, he's with Ässät. Personally I think he wont leave Ässät, since he didnt like KHL to begin with. Ässät's super-scorer Tomas Zaborsky is going to be really difficult to hang on to. He could get about 5x more money from Russia.

Ryan Caldwell is leaving Ässät, the rumours say he will join HIFK, Helsingin Jokerit or Espoon Blues.

Kristian Kuusela's contract with Blues is for 2012/13 also.

Fat Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2012, 05:22 PM
Juzmo
dont google me

vCash: 690
Quote:
Holy crap! Assat totally blows it. I mean I know JyP is good but I can't believe they got swept.
Other than the injuries, some players playing like **** and some experienced guys being sick, they had absolutely no luck... what. so. ever. JYP has been very good for a good while and the games were close for the most part.

And about the roster, we will be hearing more about the roster next week according to Mika Toivola.

Juzmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2012, 06:45 PM
willfenix

Send a message via AIM to willfenix
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juzmo View Post
Other than the injuries, some players playing like **** and some experienced guys being sick, they had absolutely no luck... what. so. ever. JYP has been very good for a good while and the games were close for the most part.

And about the roster, we will be hearing more about the roster next week according to Mika Toivola.
Awesome, can't wait to hear what they're gonna do. It looks like they've got Honkanen, Taimi, Sammalkangas, Uusitalo, Savinainen, Aaltonen, Niemi, Uusikartano, and Sillanpaa locked up...and Armia presumably for another year? Or is he headed to North America? What about Zaborsky, any chance he comes back? Sorry so many questions, it seems like they have a decent core of role players if they can lock in some top tier talent. I think Silanpaa could do pretty well with a 2nd line type role, but obviously you guys have seen him in action where I'm just looking at stats.

willfenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2012, 07:26 PM
Fat Doctor

Quote:
Awesome, can't wait to hear what they're gonna do. It looks like they've got Honkanen, Taimi, Sammalkangas, Uusitalo, Savinainen, Aaltonen, Niemi, Uusikartano, and Sillanpaa locked up...and Armia presumably for another year? Or is he headed to North America? What about Zaborsky, any chance he comes back? Sorry so many questions, it seems like they have a decent core of role players if they can lock in some top tier talent. I think Silanpaa could do pretty well with a 2nd line type role, but obviously you guys have seen him in action where I'm just looking at stats.
There is an interesting name in the Ässät U20 team: Aki Juusela. 20-year-old winger with some nice stats. He played 15 games in Ässät (3+2=5) and 32 games in Ässät U20 (32+21=53). His development has been steady for the past few years, I reckon he'll get a real shot next year in FEL.

You also may want to check Borna Rendulic, a Croatian forward who played mostly in Ässät U20 this year (34gp, 21+28=49).

Old
03-29-2012, 05:51 PM
Juzmo
dont google me

Holy crap Sport actually took a game with a 2-0 win over Ilves.

Old
03-29-2012, 05:55 PM
Fat Doctor

Quote:
I guess Ilves just wants to get their season finished and move on to sauna night with the guys... Maybe now they'll realize they have to do something about it.

Old
03-29-2012, 06:43 PM
SoupyFIN
#character

vCash: 256
Quote:

Ilves who?

SoupyFIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2012, 07:16 AM
croAVSfan*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Doctor View Post
There is an interesting name in the Ässät U20 team: Aki Juusela. 20-year-old winger with some nice stats. He played 15 games in Ässät (3+2=5) and 32 games in Ässät U20 (32+21=53). His development has been steady for the past few years, I reckon he'll get a real shot next year in FEL.

You also may want to check Borna Rendulic, a Croatian forward who played mostly in Ässät U20 this year (34gp, 21+28=49).
I think he will be, most likely, loaned to some Mestis club. Croatia is still not part of the EU so he counts as foreginer, unless he really has excellent training camp with senior team.

croAVSfan* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2012, 02:14 PM
SoupyFIN
#character

vCash: 256
8/10 classless Subbans to Salomäki for that hit.. Utterly pointless..

SoupyFIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2012, 01:37 PM
Juzmo
dont google me

After being down 0-3 in the series, Blues have tied it against KalPa 3-3. Woah.

Also Pelicans-Kärpät will be going to the 7th game after Pelicans tied it the other day.

Old
04-01-2012, 02:37 PM
Tuomaz

Quote:
After being down 0-3 in the series, Blues have tied it against KalPa 3-3. Woah.

Also Pelicans-Kärpät will be going to the 7th game after Pelicans tied it the other day.
There was amazing atmosphere in the Barona tonight. Better than last years finals against HIFK.

Tuomaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2012, 03:41 PM
Tissotti

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuomaz View Post
There was amazing atmosphere in the Barona tonight. Better than last years finals against HIFK.
Yeah was there today (like i should living under 1km from the arena.) and the atmosphere was something else it usually is in Länäri.
Was one amazing game to follow live. Had all the ups and downs, multiple times.

Tissotti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2012, 01:52 PM
Haite
x

Blues won, brilliant!

Haite is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2012, 01:54 PM
Tissotti

And Blues continues.
First time ever in FEL that team after 3 lost games gets 4 winning strike and continues playoffs.

Old
04-02-2012, 01:58 PM
LOFIN

Awesome job by Blues!! Also, Pelicans was losing the series 1-3 and won just now the 7th game 3-2 and the series 4-3. First time in their club history, they are in the top 4.

Glad Blues and Pelicans won, playoffs jsut got a lot more interesting.

LOFIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2012, 02:59 PM
Jokerit Wasp

Pelicans vs Blues

JYP vs Jokerit

in the semi finals!

Jokerit Wasp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2012, 03:01 PM
Jokerit Wasp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jokerit Wasp View Post
Pelicans vs Blues

JYP vs Jokerit

in the semi finals!
Pelicans - 0 titles
Blues - 0 titles
JYP - 1 title (2009)
Jokerit - 6 titles (last in 2002)

Jokerit Wasp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2012, 03:05 PM
Tuomaz

Blues making history AGAIN! This team is just made for playoffs. Absolutely amazing. Pelicans-Blues is going to be bloody series that I know.

Old
04-02-2012, 03:11 PM
FinHockey
KRH Master Race

vCash: 50
Blues really played great tonight. KalPa didn't show up before the 2nd period and even then they just couldn't break Blues' defense.

FinHockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2012, 03:16 PM
Tuomaz

Also I'm very impressed with Juuso Ikonen. He is already the most creative forward in Blues and at times he even looked dominating. Could have had couple assist again but thanks to our great captain Kähkönen's stone hands he didn't. I might jump on the Ikonen bandwagon.

Old
04-02-2012, 03:23 PM
vsk92
Alltid IFK

i think it will be a JYP v Blues final this year

vsk92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2012, 03:27 PM
Finnpin

KalPa should build their team also for the playoffs. Team has too much mickeymouses. Congrats to Blues making impossible possible.

If Jokerit can't make it to the end..I hope for Pelicans or Blues taking the Kanada Malja.

JYP-Jokerit: Jokerit having slight edge when Vatanen is out but this is close series. Both teams has rested. JYP with home advantage is a plus. Jokerit has good 5player defensive system and better role players. Goaltending shouldn't be a problem for both teams. But still many questionmarks. First game might tell us more. 50-50.

Pelicans - Blues: Tired teams goes against each other. Pelicans have better firepower but Blues has better defense. Could the goaltending become a factor in the series? Both teams have great coaching. 60-40 to Pelicans.

My dream Final: Pelicans vs. Jokerit

Finnpin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2012, 03:39 PM
FinHockey
KRH Master Race

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuomaz View Post
Also I'm very impressed with Juuso Ikonen. He is already the most creative forward in Blues and at times he even looked dominating. Could have had couple assist again but thanks to our great captain Kähkönen's stone hands he didn't. I might jump on the Ikonen bandwagon.
His only flaw now is his size. Even that won't be a problem if he can get stronger since he doesn't seem to get overpowered as much as I expected.

FinHockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2012, 03:57 PM
Tissotti

Quote:
Originally Posted by FinHockey View Post
His only flaw now is his size. Even that won't be a problem if he can get stronger since he doesn't seem to get overpowered as much as I expected.
According to wiki he is 170cm, can that be right? Is he really that short.
No idea what's up with Finland producing these players that are below the average height than the population.

Old
04-02-2012, 04:32 PM
Jeepers Creeper

I am so ecstatic that both Blues and Pelicans won (or more so that Kärpät lost). Hoping for a Jokerit-Blues final. As a Jokerit fan I would be obviously pulling for them, but I wouldn't mind seeing Blues finally winning the championship.

EDIT: How did Blues make history last season btw? Becoming the first team in SM-liiga making it to the finals through the "wild card" series?

Last edited by Jeepers Creeper: 04-02-2012 at 04:47 PM.
Jeepers Creeper is offline   Reply With Quote