HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Flames sign Jordan Leopold

Closed Thread

Old
08-18-2004, 09:21 PM
VO #23

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flames Draft Watcher
Nope. You must be thinking of the Giguere 2nd rounder that we traded to Washington for Elomo.

The pick that was traded in the Leopold deal was traded to Phoenix for Keith Carney. Then Phoenix dealt the pick back to Calgary to move up a few spots in the 2001 draft to select Fredrik Sjostrom. Calgary then selected Andrei Taratukhin with the 2nd rounder.

"26-Sep-00: Mighty Ducks of Anaheim traded Jordan Leopold to the Calgary Flames for Andrei Nazarov and a 2nd round selection in 2001 (Andrei Taratukhin)."

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/teams/player_b...86&hubName=CGY
Oops, my bad.

Old
08-18-2004, 10:16 PM
vega007

Flames depth chart looks like this:

Regehr
Leopold
Warrener
Lydman
Ference
Montador
Gauthier
Commodore (it's an embarassment to the NHL that this guy is actually in the league)

Old
08-19-2004, 12:12 AM
chriss_co

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxPhaneufxX
Leopold was just on the radio (Fan 960), say the deal is worth 1.2 mill for 1 year.
That's strange... NHLPA and TSN reporting it at 950K... was he left out in the dark or something??

Old
08-19-2004, 07:24 AM
HuskyFlames

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calgary D
Flames depth chart looks like this:

Regehr
Leopold
Warrener
Lydman
Ference
Montador
Gauthier
Commodore (it's an embarassment to the NHL that this guy is actually in the league)
You are so wrong about 2 things.

#1 Montador is NO way above Gauts on the depth chart. Putting that is just SO WRONG.

#2 Commodore isn't as bad you say. His skating isn't too great but there are a ton of other players in the league MUCH worse than him.

Old
08-19-2004, 08:29 AM
GB

Send a message via ICQ to GB
Quote:
Originally Posted by chriss_co
That's strange... NHLPA and TSN reporting it at 950K... was he left out in the dark or something??
Possibly the $950,00 is his base salary but the $1.2m includes a signing bonus. Or $1.2m is Canadian and $950,000 is US. I'm too lazy to check the exchange rate to make sure though.

Old
08-19-2004, 09:24 AM
Phanuthier*

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB
Possibly the $950,00 is his base salary but the $1.2m includes a signing bonus. Or $1.2m is Canadian and $950,000 is US. I'm too lazy to check the exchange rate to make sure though.
That could very well be. It sounds about right.

As for Flames depth, as said above, I'd list it as:

Regehr
Leopold
Warraner
Lydman
Gauthier
Ference
Commodore
Phaneuf
Montador

With Commodore and Phaneuf likely moving up. By the end of the next season, assuming no trades, I could see:

Leopold
Regehr
Phaneuf
Commodore
Lydman
Warraner
Gauthier
Ference
Montador

Old
08-19-2004, 10:10 AM
MrMastodonFarm*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splatman Phanutier
Leopold
Regehr
Phaneuf
Commodore
Lydman
Warraner
Gauthier
Ference
Montador
I know you think Commodore could be a top 4 defencemen, I for one don't.. but that aside. No way does Commodore pass a guy like Rhett Warrener in just one season.. no way no how. Warrener has been plying his mean SOB trade for several long seasons. Commodore isn't even close to him at the moment.

Old
08-19-2004, 10:28 AM
HellsBells

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMastodonFarm
I know you think Commodore could be a top 4 defencemen, I for one don't.. but that aside. No way does Commodore pass a guy like Rhett Warrener in just one season.. no way no how. Warrener has been plying his mean SOB trade for several long seasons. Commodore isn't even close to him at the moment.
Agreed. Commodore cannot pass Warrener on the depth chart in one season. My depth chart after next season with no trades.

Regehr
Leopold
Lydman
Warrener
Phaneuf
Ference
Commodore
Gauthier
Montador

Old
08-19-2004, 11:02 AM
Phanuthier*

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMastodonFarm
Your right Adam, maybe I am getting carried away. Maybe in 2 seasons, Commodore will pass him. It's morning and its summer, maybe I just wasn't thinking. Let me give this another shot:

Leopold
Regehr
Warraner
Phaneuf
Lydman
Commodore
Gauthier
Ference
Montador

Now, Lydman is a bit of a wild card - whether he actually plays up to his ability or should he dissapoint again, he could end up anywhere from a very good 3rd D to getting left on the outside looking in. Lydman is likely going to be the first to go after being right now the highest paid Flame and likely to turn out as the 2nd or 3rd highest paid Flame, his 2 concussions last season and discouraging remarks coming from Sutter's mouth. One of the two "doors" will go as well, and it doesn't seem like its going to be Commodore.

Old
08-19-2004, 11:04 AM
Flames Draft Watcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calgary D
He's not as bad as you think. In fact I think he'll turn out to be a good NHL defenseman.

Old
08-19-2004, 12:00 PM
Russian_fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garfield
Sweet. Only 3 players left.

1) Kipper
2) Phaneuf
3) Iginla

Not an easy task.
Ouch, hard luck.

Old
08-19-2004, 12:03 PM
Flames Draft Watcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russian_fanatic
Ouch, hard luck.
Well Kipper's going to arbitration so his contract is guaranteed to be in place by next week.

Phaneuf doesn't have to be signed til what, May 31st? Seeing as the NHL likely won't start on time he'll be back in junior despite probably be ready to make the jump to the NHL.

Really Iggy is the big one.

Old
08-19-2004, 12:13 PM
Phanuthier*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flames Draft Watcher
Really Iggy is the big one.
Even Iginla, how much bigger of a pay raise can he get then 7.5 mill?

I don't see a problem there. The only question mark for me origanally was Leopold, and he's signed now.

Old
08-19-2004, 12:14 PM
MrMastodonFarm*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russian_fanatic
Ouch, hard luck.
Not really.

Since when does Phaneuf have to be signed? He can go back to Juniors for another year and dominate and play another big role on Team Canada at the World Juniors.

Kiprusoff is going to arbitration tommorow, his contract will be settled regardless by Monday.

So Iginla is the only one left.

Closed Thread