HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Islanders
Notices

2011-12 Around the League Discussion

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-15-2012, 11:35 PM
  #126
Law
Registered User
 
Law's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Miami, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 7,212
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Law
TOR wins in OT...sonofa.

Law is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2012, 11:35 PM
  #127
redbull
BeLIeve in miracles!
 
redbull's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,656
vCash: 500
and....leafs win in OT.

fun game. sloppy game. two bad teams.

redbull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2012, 11:37 PM
  #128
Bunk Moreland
Moderator
 
Bunk Moreland's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Long Island
Country: United States
Posts: 12,926
vCash: 234
If it wasn't for bad luck around this team there'd be no luck at all.

Bunk Moreland is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2012, 06:34 PM
  #129
BillD
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 7,090
vCash: 500
F'ers get Niklas from the Stars for a 2nd in 2012 (LA's) and a 3rd in 2013 (Minn).
Grossman will be a UFA this year.
Why can't Snow pull off a deal like this?

Grossman is mobile, 6-4 230 and physical stay at home.

BillD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2012, 07:59 PM
  #130
SDIsles34
Registered User
 
SDIsles34's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 451
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goaljudge View Post
F'ers get Niklas from the Stars for a 2nd in 2012 (LA's) and a 3rd in 2013 (Minn).
Grossman will be a UFA this year.
Why can't Snow pull off a deal like this?

Grossman is mobile, 6-4 230 and physical stay at home.
Grossman has fallen off the last few years, seems to get beat on a regular basis, unreliable in his own end. I have watched a few stars games and he really struggles. a 2nd and a 3rd for him shows you how much GM's are willing to pay for D-men this deadline.

Maybe Eaton, Staios and/or Jurcina could fetch a decent return?

SDIsles34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2012, 03:06 PM
  #131
Bunk Moreland
Moderator
 
Bunk Moreland's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Long Island
Country: United States
Posts: 12,926
vCash: 234
Once again.. As they seem to be every season Detroit is the class of the NHL. 23 home wins in a row ... They have more home wins than the Isles have wins in total haha.

Bunk Moreland is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2012, 10:22 PM
  #132
Bauer Warrior*
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 2,183
vCash: 500
My Ranger fan friend is actually fighting me about this

Michael Del Zotto's goal... or non goal. He cries, "Toronto hates us." - Clearly, Toronto make the correct call, here.



Why bring it up on this board? Let's just take them out in the first round!

Also, many Ranger fans already believe that Rick Nash is rightfully theirs.

Bauer Warrior* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2012, 10:35 PM
  #133
19NYSports91
Registered User
 
19NYSports91's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: NY
Country: United States
Posts: 4,245
vCash: 500
He's probably upset because of this.....

19NYSports91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2012, 10:36 PM
  #134
KingLio21093
Casey Zeeky
 
KingLio21093's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Garden City, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 2,816
vCash: 500
No idea why Rags fans are *****ing anyway. They still won the damn game.

BTW, you'd have to be mentally unstable to think that was a good goal.

KingLio21093 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2012, 10:44 PM
  #135
Bauer Warrior*
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 2,183
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 19NYSports91 View Post
He's probably upset because of this.....
Ya see, I couldn't see the doctored MSG clock, because Time Warner only broadcasts one game per night in HD on the NHL Center Ice package, and it's never an MSG game.

Bauer Warrior* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2012, 10:46 PM
  #136
KingLio21093
Casey Zeeky
 
KingLio21093's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Garden City, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 2,816
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 19NYSports91 View Post
He's probably upset because of this.....
Now I can see why people are mad

KingLio21093 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2012, 10:51 PM
  #137
Bauer Warrior*
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 2,183
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingLio21093 View Post
Now I can see why people are mad
Right! So the live broadcast feed and the Toronto feed match up, but for some reason the MSG replay feed says something different? No wonder the Ranger fans are such arrogant jerks!

Bauer Warrior* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2012, 10:54 PM
  #138
Bunk Moreland
Moderator
 
Bunk Moreland's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Long Island
Country: United States
Posts: 12,926
vCash: 234
Not to back your rangers buddy here but uhhh I'd be pretty damn pissed if this happened to the Isles especially if they went on and lost the game.. Wouldn't you?

While I understand the call and could care less cause it's a Ranger game but they really should have the game clocks synced. The Columbus broadcast actually had .2 seconds left when the puck crossed the line. Columbus: .2 MSG: .1 Toronto: .00.. While I'm not saying it's a conspiracy and totally buy their explanation this whole situation shouldn't have happened.

As for Nash... Almost of my Ranger fan friends really want nothing to do with him, teams going great as it is why mess that up is their argument.

I just hope we get the 8 seed and knock them out in the first round.

Edit: and it wasn't just the MSG TV feed that was at .1 the live clock at the arena was also at .1.

Bunk Moreland is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2012, 11:05 PM
  #139
Bauer Warrior*
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 2,183
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calvin De Haan Job View Post
Not to back your rangers buddy here but uhhh I'd be pretty damn pissed if this happened to the Isles especially if they went on and lost the game.. Wouldn't you?

While I understand the call and could care less cause it's a Ranger game but they really should have the game clocks synced. The Columbus broadcast actually had .2 seconds left when the puck crossed the line. Columbus: .2 MSG: .1 Toronto: .00.. While I'm not saying it's a conspiracy and totally buy their explanation this whole situation shouldn't have happened.

As for Nash... Almost of my Ranger fan friends really want nothing to do with him, teams going great as it is why mess that up is their argument.

I just hope we get the 8 seed and knock them out in the first round.

Edit: and it wasn't just the MSG TV feed that was at .1 the live clock at the arena was also at .1.
OK,t that's a viable argument. And absolutely, all the clocks should be synced. But really, how can I be surprised? This is the NHL.

If I could have my way, we get the 8th seed, play the Rangers in the first round, take Game 1 at the Garden, and just take it from there. This is the first reasonable chance that the Islanders have to play in the Rangers in the first round in 18 years, please make it happen, Isles. We need the rivalry, and what sweet revenge it would be to tear their great season down in about 10 days in April!

Keep winning guys, it's only a matter of goal scoring! The goaltending, for the most part, is getting the job done. Just put the puck in the net!... the OTHER net!


Last edited by Bauer Warrior*: 02-19-2012 at 11:09 PM. Reason: It's been 18 years, not 17... time goes too fast!
Bauer Warrior* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2012, 11:26 PM
  #140
Bunk Moreland
Moderator
 
Bunk Moreland's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Long Island
Country: United States
Posts: 12,926
vCash: 234
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bauer Warrior View Post
OK,t that's a viable argument. And absolutely, all the clocks should be synced. But really, how can I be surprised? This is the NHL.
Always something with this league lol..

Bunk Moreland is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2012, 03:02 PM
  #141
19 in a row
Registered User
 
19 in a row's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Long Island
Country: United States
Posts: 1,481
vCash: 500
TB Downie to the Avs? as per mckenzie, no details on who is coming back yet.

http://twitter.com/#!/tsnbobmckenzie

19 in a row is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2012, 05:28 PM
  #142
malPHONEY
Registered User
 
malPHONEY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: LI
Country: United States
Posts: 2,327
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 19 in a row View Post
TB Downie to the Avs? as per mckenzie, no details on who is coming back yet.

http://twitter.com/#!/tsnbobmckenzie
I'm so jealous. Remember when Garth had stones?

malPHONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2012, 06:20 PM
  #143
Chapin Landvogt
Hockey's Future Staff
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Germany
Posts: 12,252
vCash: 500
According to TSN, it was Downie to the Aves for Kyle Quincey. Quincey was then flipped to Detroit for THEIR 1st rounder and a prospect.

Wow, Kyle Quincey earns a 1st+???

Are you friggin' kiddin' me???

Snow has GOT to see what Streit's value is right now!

Chapin Landvogt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2012, 11:05 PM
  #144
A Pointed Stick
Spend? Of Course!
 
A Pointed Stick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 6,780
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chapin Landvogt View Post
According to TSN, it was Downie to the Aves for Kyle Quincey. Quincey was then flipped to Detroit for THEIR 1st rounder and a prospect.

Wow, Kyle Quincey earns a 1st+???

Are you friggin' kiddin' me???

Snow has GOT to see what Streit's value is right now!
I completely agree. Defensemen are at a crazy premium right now. It only makes me wonder what's in store over the next several days.

A Pointed Stick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2012, 08:11 PM
  #145
isle 24
Registered User
 
isle 24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: NC
Country: United States
Posts: 92
vCash: 500
Ron Wilson fired

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=389346

isle 24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2012, 08:18 PM
  #146
88th Precinct
Pitchfork Acquired
 
88th Precinct's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Location
Country: Spain
Posts: 3,686
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by isle 24 View Post
That was unexpected.........sucks that Carlyle's off the board, though.

88th Precinct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2012, 08:27 PM
  #147
xECK29x
Moderator
 
xECK29x's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Coram, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 4,884
vCash: 500
Wilson is exactly what we need. Too bad it would never happen.

xECK29x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2012, 08:32 PM
  #148
Dutch Frost
Everything is Fine!!
 
Dutch Frost's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Queens, NY
Posts: 2,596
vCash: 1130
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caustic Acrostic View Post
That was unexpected.........sucks that Carlyle's off the board, though.
It more then sucks... He was the coach I wanted to take over. I truly felt with him on the team he would provide some solid coaching behind the bench and the ability to attract FA's.

Alot of players looking at who is coaching the team before signing and Carlyle is respected throughout the league and has won a stanley cup.

Dutch Frost is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2012, 09:01 PM
  #149
88th Precinct
Pitchfork Acquired
 
88th Precinct's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Location
Country: Spain
Posts: 3,686
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutch Frost View Post
It more then sucks... He was the coach I wanted to take over. I truly felt with him on the team he would provide some solid coaching behind the bench and the ability to attract FA's.

Alot of players looking at who is coaching the team before signing and Carlyle is respected throughout the league and has won a stanley cup.
That's who I was wanting as well....easy to see it coming a mile away though - Burke always takes his favorite coaches/players with him if he can.

88th Precinct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2012, 09:03 PM
  #150
Volek25
Registered User
 
Volek25's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: New York, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 1,775
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Volek25
I would love be rid of Cap and get a real NHL coach next year, but let's face it...were stuck w this bafoon. Garth is never gonna get rid of him

Volek25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:28 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.