HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Sj-buf

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
09-18-2011, 12:36 AM
  #26
SeattleShark
Registered User
 
SeattleShark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Country: United States
Posts: 336
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by csanadi19 View Post
Lets get serious here, myers has way more value then boyle
not to the sharks. the sharks are a better team right now with boyle than they would be with myers

SeattleShark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-18-2011, 12:42 AM
  #27
McTank
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,820
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeattleShark View Post
not to the sharks. the sharks are a better team right now with boyle than they would be with myers
Is Boyle seriously worth THAT much? He's 35? Myers is 20 and will likely be better than Boyle in a couple years

McTank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-18-2011, 12:51 AM
  #28
JayP812
The Team of Tomorrow
 
JayP812's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Bay Area
Country: United States
Posts: 5,934
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by THEYAREGOODSCARYGOOD View Post
Is Boyle seriously worth THAT much? He's 35? Myers is 20 and will likely be better than Boyle in a couple years
Key words.

JayP812 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-18-2011, 12:58 AM
  #29
Mafoofoo
:facepalm:
 
Mafoofoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Los Angeles
Country: United States
Posts: 13,055
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by THEYAREGOODSCARYGOOD View Post
Is Boyle seriously worth THAT much? He's 35? Myers is 20 and will likely be better than Boyle in a couple years
I agree. But the Sharks are trying to win a cup this season where Boyle is yes better than Myers.

Mafoofoo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-18-2011, 12:58 AM
  #30
Arkansas Shark
Rebuild lol
 
Arkansas Shark's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Underground Bunker
Country: United States
Posts: 3,381
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by THEYAREGOODSCARYGOOD View Post
Is Boyle seriously worth THAT much? He's 35? Myers is 20 and will likely be better than Boyle in a couple years
To answer your question, yes.

Arkansas Shark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-18-2011, 01:27 AM
  #31
BigDmitriy
Registered User
 
BigDmitriy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: San Jose
Country: United States
Posts: 1,016
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to BigDmitriy Send a message via MSN to BigDmitriy Send a message via Yahoo to BigDmitriy
Quote:
Originally Posted by THEYAREGOODSCARYGOOD View Post
Is Boyle seriously worth THAT much? He's 35? Myers is 20 and will likely be better than Boyle in a couple years
In a few years, all the contracts of Boyle, Thornton, Marleau, etc. expire as does our window to win a cup, so we need to win now. Thus, Boyle's advantage for the next few years is worth more. After that, however, we would be willing to take Myers off your hands for Boyle!

BigDmitriy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-18-2011, 02:03 AM
  #32
Kitten Mittons
Registered User
 
Kitten Mittons's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: San Francisco
Country: Armenia
Posts: 47,582
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by THEYAREGOODSCARYGOOD View Post
Okay so your gonna pass up a franchise d man for a slightly better chance of winning a cup this year
For a much bigger chance of winning the Cup in the next 3 years, which is our window.

Kitten Mittons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-18-2011, 04:37 AM
  #33
WTFetus
Moderator
Most popular combo
 
WTFetus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: San Francisco
Country: United States
Posts: 11,942
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by THEYAREGOODSCARYGOOD View Post
Seriously? Your suggesting you wouldn't trade Boyle for myers straight up? LOL
When did I say that? Did I miss a proposal that offered Boyle for Myers 1 for 1?
And regardless, yes I would rather have Boyle right now. The Sharks window is 3 years. Boyle will help the team a lot more than Myers for at least another 2.

Quote:
Originally Posted by THEYAREGOODSCARYGOOD View Post
Is Boyle seriously worth THAT much? He's 35? Myers is 20 and will likely be better than Boyle in a couple years
Which the Sharks do not have.

WTFetus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-18-2011, 04:55 AM
  #34
Le Rosbeef
Registered User
 
Le Rosbeef's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Country: United Kingdom
Posts: 2,510
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WTFetus View Post
Sharks say no. Pavelski for Stafford is a lateral move at best, so you're essentially trading a 2nd, McGinn, and Braun for Hecht. McGinn still has the potential to be a solid third liner, Braun is key for the Sharks puck-movement depth, and the 2nd is in an apparently very deep draft. The trade kills the farm too much. Not to mention Hecht is getting older and has the possibility of only being a 1-year rental.

Sharks say no to the original proposal as well. Again, Pavelski for Boyes is a lateral move at best. Pavelski is worth more to this team than Boyes because he's signed for another 3 years at a steal of a contract as opposed to Boyes only signed for one year. The Sharks don't need anymore D, so Sekera wouldn't be that helpful.

The Sharks only need one solid third liner who can fill in the Top-6 when needed. There are ways to get that without moving players like Pavelski. The only way they'd trade him is if they got two solid Top 6's in return, or else you'd be filling in one hole while making another.
I'm glad someone in here already batted this one down because I nearly spat out my feathers when I saw it proposed. Braun being seriously undervalued in that trade.

As for the OP, this is yet another Buffalo takes from SJ trade to crop up on these forums of late. Do people in Buffalo not know SJ is trying to win a cup and no matter of the Sabres desire to build is going to be achieved through pilfering SJ's best players?

Thornton, Pavs, whoever else gets mentioned in these deals, are NOT being dealt unless Buffalo offers something so daft that Wilson would be an idiot to turn down. In essence, it means we're not good trading partners right now.

If Boyes was as good as advertised, he'd not be in seemingly every Buffalo trade proposal and nor would he have taken in stops in the multitude of NHL cities he already has in his career. Why would the Sharks deal anyone, let alone Pavelski for that?

I know it's easier to knock trade proposals than create them but can posters not look into the team needs of the proposed trading partner first? It might save some time...

Le Rosbeef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-18-2011, 05:28 AM
  #35
n0rthstar
Registered User
 
n0rthstar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: westcoaster
Country: Canada
Posts: 485
vCash: 500
Id still move Boyle now for Myers straight up if I was the sharks, the difference between them now isnt that big, and they would have a #1 dmen for the next 15 years. Sharks would be stupid to not make this trade, even now.

n0rthstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-18-2011, 05:36 AM
  #36
WTFetus
Moderator
Most popular combo
 
WTFetus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: San Francisco
Country: United States
Posts: 11,942
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Defiant View Post
Id still move Boyle now for Myers straight up if I was the sharks, the difference between them now isnt that big, and they would have a #1 dmen for the next 15 years. Sharks would be stupid to not make this trade, even now.
No one ever said 1 for 1. The original trade was

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweHockeypunk21 View Post
To SJ:
Boyes
Myers


To BUFF:
Boyle
Pavelski
Doherty
Why would the Sharks do this? Lets say Boyle and Myers is a wash (which I disagree with). Pavelski is far better than Boyes, and the Sharks still have to add Doherty? The Sharks are trying to win now. Boyle and Pavelski will help them in their 3 year window a lot more than Boyes and Myers would.

WTFetus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-18-2011, 05:40 AM
  #37
Le Rosbeef
Registered User
 
Le Rosbeef's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Country: United Kingdom
Posts: 2,510
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Defiant View Post
Id still move Boyle now for Myers straight up if I was the sharks, the difference between them now isnt that big, and they would have a #1 dmen for the next 15 years. Sharks would be stupid to not make this trade, even now.
You'd be hard pressed to find a Shark fan that wouldn't trade Boyle for Myers straight up if they were looking at the next 15 years.

I'm sure if you read the pretty explicit replies though, people aren't looking at the trade like that in SJ. Win now - Boyle or Myers for the next 2 years? My vote is with Danny still. Is it that hard to comprehend?

Myers is going to be really good but BUF would never trade him anyway for a 35 year old so it's a moot point. We're talking hockey X's and O's and right now, Boyle is the better player to help win a Cup for SJ. That's all that's being suggested...

Le Rosbeef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-18-2011, 01:36 PM
  #38
Hold the Pickles
Registered User
 
Hold the Pickles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: 03-K64
Country: United States
Posts: 2,975
vCash: 500
como se dice NO en espanol?

Hold the Pickles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2011, 10:33 AM
  #39
Clowe Me
Registered User
 
Clowe Me's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: 530
Country: Uzbekistan
Posts: 18,640
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hold the Pickles View Post
como se dice NO en espanol?
No se.

As defensive as Sabres fans get when people mention their so called cap issues, they sure like to make low-ball proposals.

Clowe Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2011, 02:17 PM
  #40
Beerz
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Beerz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Country: United States
Posts: 11,259
vCash: 500
I'll put money on it.... Myers has a better year than Boyle... THIS YEAR.

Beerz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2011, 02:19 PM
  #41
Clock
Moderator
 
Clock's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Buffalo
Country: United States
Posts: 20,122
vCash: 500
This thread doesn't have to degenerate into another our-player-vs.-your-player tirade.

Clock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2011, 02:41 PM
  #42
PondShark
Registered User
 
PondShark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 223
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clock View Post
This thread doesn't have to degenerate into another our-player-vs.-your-player tirade.
it is a trade proposal... what other option is there?

PondShark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2011, 03:07 PM
  #43
Mafoofoo
:facepalm:
 
Mafoofoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Los Angeles
Country: United States
Posts: 13,055
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beerz View Post
I'll put money on it.... Myers has a better year than Boyle... THIS YEAR.
Saying you'll put real money down on an anonymous forum is baby tough guy talk. 100 vcash bet on Boyle having a better year. Let's do it.

Mafoofoo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2011, 03:09 PM
  #44
Beerz
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Beerz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Country: United States
Posts: 11,259
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mafoofoo View Post
Saying you'll put real money down on an anonymous forum is baby tough guy talk. 100 vcash bet on Boyle having a better year. Let's do it.

-----------------

i dunno what vcash is... but...who cares... you're on.

Beerz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2011, 03:12 PM
  #45
hockeyball
Registered User
 
hockeyball's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 17,743
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beerz View Post
-----------------

i dunno what vcash is... but...who cares... you're on.
You have 500 of them, look under your avatar.

Also, you have to set criteria or this will just turn into another argument after the fact.

Also, imo, point being that Boyle is a damn fine d-man, no one would deny that, and the Sharks would be stupid to take the risk. Bird in the hand and all. I would not trade Boyle for Myers right now, if for no other reason than turnover. It's not an insult to Myers.

hockeyball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2011, 03:21 PM
  #46
Beerz
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Beerz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Country: United States
Posts: 11,259
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyball View Post
You have 500 of them, look under your avatar.

Also, you have to set criteria or this will just turn into another argument after the fact.

Also, imo, point being that Boyle is a damn fine d-man, no one would deny that, and the Sharks would be stupid to take the risk. Bird in the hand and all. I would not trade Boyle for Myers right now, if for no other reason than turnover. It's not an insult to Myers.

---------------

I agree.... Boyle is a damn fine D-man.... has nothing to do with him in my opinion ... Its all based on Myers... I see him busting loose this year...especially if he's paired with Regher ..

That being said... I'm not trying convince Shark fans to take that proposal that was offered... Because i'd shoot Reiger if he accepted that trade for Myers lol...

I understand why Sharks feel that way... you know what you're getting with Boyle.

Beerz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2011, 03:41 PM
  #47
Mafoofoo
:facepalm:
 
Mafoofoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Los Angeles
Country: United States
Posts: 13,055
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyball View Post
You have 500 of them, look under your avatar.

Also, you have to set criteria or this will just turn into another argument after the fact.

Also, imo, point being that Boyle is a damn fine d-man, no one would deny that, and the Sharks would be stupid to take the risk. Bird in the hand and all. I would not trade Boyle for Myers right now, if for no other reason than turnover. It's not an insult to Myers.
I guess better year = more points. Seems shallow but it's easiest statistic to follow.

Mafoofoo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2011, 04:16 PM
  #48
magic school bus
***********
 
magic school bus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: San Jose, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 14,933
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by THEYAREGOODSCARYGOOD View Post
Okay so your gonna pass up a franchise d man for a slightly better chance of winning a cup this year
its better than slightly..

magic school bus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2011, 04:48 PM
  #49
mjburns
RIP Eyedea
 
mjburns's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: 408
Country: Togo
Posts: 578
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by magic school bus View Post
its better than slightly..
the difference in skill may only be slight, but the fact the danny QB's our PP and knows our system is what makes it not worth it. Meyers may be better starting as soon as this year, but he doesnt know our system and he doesnt have chemistry with our players on the PP and the risk that he wouldnt perform isnt worth giving up boyle (as far as the sharks are concerned). Not to mention the other players involved in that proposal.

mjburns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2011, 05:12 PM
  #50
Hold the Pickles
Registered User
 
Hold the Pickles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: 03-K64
Country: United States
Posts: 2,975
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjb408 View Post
the difference in skill may only be slight, but the fact the danny QB's our PP and knows our system is what makes it not worth it. Meyers may be better starting as soon as this year, but he doesnt know our system and he doesnt have chemistry with our players on the PP and the risk that he wouldnt perform isnt worth giving up boyle (as far as the sharks are concerned). Not to mention the other players involved in that proposal.
Well said. We'd also be crazy not to see what Boyle can do with scaled back minutes 1st before trading him. Plus, Boyle has a certain craftiness that few skaters possess. They way he stickhandles and skates makes it hard to determine where he's going. Maybe we'll see more of that from him now that he'll not be so overworked.

Hold the Pickles is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:01 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.