HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

The Big List of Doughty Trades (from a delusional Kings fan)

Old
09-17-2011, 05:32 PM
markisonfire

vCash: 500
The Big List of Doughty Trades (from a delusional Kings fan)

A few things to note: I am by no means speaking on behalf of any Kings fans except myself, so if you think these trades are ridiculous, blame me and only me - the general Kings fanbase had nothing to do with it. Also, I'm leaving out teams from the Pacific division simply because the Kings would not trade Doughty within the division. Finally, I'm not including picks to completely even things out. I'm simply forming the core of the trade. Here we go!

Dougie Hamilton
Milan Lucic

for

Drew Doughty

Could you imagine a Chara-Doughty pairing? Then imagine a Lucic-Richards-Brown line... wow!

Tyler Myers
Zack Kassian

for

Drew Doughty
Thomas Hickey/Slava Voynov

Sabres fans will be understandably reluctant about this one, Myers is a great player and signed to a better contract (assumedly) than Doughty will be. But Doughty is the better player on the ice. Would this be a good trade? I'm not sure, but the value (to me) seems pretty close.

Jeff Skinner
Zac Dalpe

for

Drew Doughty
Andrei Loktionov

This one is interesting. Skinner had a monster season as a rookie and the franchise is in love with him. I don't think either team does this - I don't think Kings and Canes make great trading partners.

Rick Nash

for

Drew Doughty

Nash still has a lot of play in him. With Kopitar feeding him pucks, the Kings top line would be an absolute wrecking force. Gives Columbus a killer blue line to boot. I'd think about this one.

Henrik Zetterberg

for

Drew Doughty

Does Detroit get their next Lidstrom? Would this bring the Kings a cup? I'm not sure on either accounts. This trade would never happen, but it is as close to fair as I can think of.

Taylor Hall

for

Drew Doughty

It's that simple. Would never happen, but the value is close.

Jonathan Huberdeau
Dmitry Kulikov
Sergei Shirokov

for

Drew Doughty
Andrei Loktionov

This trade doesn't really make sense for either team, as the Kings are looking to win right now and the Panthers should have a great team in a few years. Decent trading partners at best.

Drew Doughty

for

~$7 million

This is the most likely scenario. JUST RESIGN, DREW!

Shea Weber

for

Drew Doughty

Give each team the other's (extremely valuable) headache. This would never happen.

Zach Parise
Adam Larsson

for

Drew Doughty
Jonathan Bernier

I still think this is a pretty good trade for both teams.

Kyle Okposo
Blake Comeau
Nino Neiderreiter

for

Drew Doughty

The core of this would be Okposo and Nino for Doughty, and with Comeau added in, the Kings would likely add a pick. The Kings get their future first line left wing in Nino as well as two guys that could make a difference this year in Okposo and Comeau. Isles get a franchise defenseman that, along with Tavares, would give them rock solid top players at the two most important positions. A Doughty-Streit pairing would be ultra legit.

Chris Kreider
Marc Staal

for

Drew Doughty

I doubt this would have any interest from the Rangers, but the Kings don't have any interest in Gaborik (nor should the Rangers want to trade him with Richards signing). Kings would replace Doughty with Staal and get a future left wing stud. The return for the Rangers is obvious - a dynamic, game-changing franchise defenseman.

Matt Puempel
Erik Karlsson
Jared Cowen

for

Drew Doughty
Oscar Moller

Nah. Both teams aren't interested. Not great trading partners and the value is way off. I digress.

Brayden Schenn
Wayne Simmonds
2nd 2012

for

Drew Doughty

I kid, no trade here. Move along. Maybe something like Giroux straight up, but I think the Flyers are done trading for a while.

Evgeni Malkin

for

Drew Doughty

You heard me. I said it. What of it?

Brett Connolly
Victor Hedman

for

Drew Doughty

Not sure about this one, it would give the Kings a Doughty replacement as well as a stud offensive prospect, but I'm not sure on the value here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mckay12 View Post
Tor:
Doughty
1st

La:
Grabovski
Gunnarrsson
Broll
2nd
Lupul
'Nuff said. It starts with Schenn and ends with Kessel, and the Kings don't really want any part of it.

Evgeny Kuznetsov
John Carlsson

for

Drew Doughty
Andrei Loktionov

If I was the Capitals, I would just keep developing their players. Damn, they have a wealth of top players on top of their already powerful roster. Even as a Kings fan, I'm jealous!

Evander Kane
Zack Bogosian
Andrew Ladd

for

Drew Doughty
Andrei Loktionov

This may be a bit much, perhaps just Doughty for Kane and Bogosian. Someone proposed this a while back. Decent, if Bogo lives up to his potential. Awful if he continues his mediocre play. Perhaps even something like Kane and Enstrom for Doughty and Loktionov.

Anyways, those are my (mostly crazy and delusional) trade scenarios, of which all are horrible and surely you will tear every single one apart! Just bored on a Saturday, avoiding homework. Feedback?

Last edited by markisonfire: 09-17-2011 at 05:41 PM.
markisonfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2011, 05:44 PM
Voodoo Child
Lǎobǎn

Quote:
Nuff said. It starts with Schenn and ends with Kessel, and the Kings don't really want any part of it.
What? Why ask for that trade (Schenn 3.6, Kessel 5.4) when you can just resign him for 2-mil less? LA really needs to keep DD because if they lose him their new #1 defenseman is...Jack Johnson

I proposed: Schenn, Kulemin, 2013 1st for Doughty.

Try getting more for an unsigned Doughty.

Voodoo Child is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2011, 05:44 PM
SeanVT395
It's Not Even Close

A lot of these are pretty good value-wise.

I would do the Flyers one in a heartbeat.

The Bruins one needs to happen...
Chara-Doughty
Lucic-Richards-Brown

SeanVT395 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2011, 05:47 PM
markisonfire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voodoo Child View Post
What? Why ask for that trade (Schenn 3.6, Kessel 5.4) when you can just resign him for 2-mil less? LA really needs to keep DD because if they lose him their new #1 defenseman is...Jack Johnson

I proposed: Schenn, Kulemin, 2013 1st for Doughty.

Try getting more for an unsigned Doughty.
I also said the Kings don't want any part of it. The closest we can get to fair value for Doughty is Schenn and Kessel, but I personally don't want Kessel on the Kings. Just ask Jack Johnson how he feels about Kessel as a person.

Quote:
Kessel has a reputation for being disliked by teammates wherever he's played. Jack Johnson, second overall in last year's draft, called him "a dirtbag" during one of his combine interviews.
http://sports.espn.go.com/espnmag/story?id=3662074

Old
09-17-2011, 05:48 PM
Devils Trap
Cory's Better

Send a message via AIM to Devils Trap
Devils say No

Devils Trap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2011, 05:49 PM
khennig16*
Bikini Inspector

Turris
Yandle
1st round pick 2012

Doughty

khennig16* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2011, 05:51 PM
Bossy573

New York Islanders are interested but want to negotiate.

El Nino OR Okposo
Comeau
2012 #1

Basis for discussion?

Bossy573 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2011, 05:52 PM
markisonfire

Quote:
Originally Posted by kellyhennig16 View Post

Turris
Yandle
1st round pick 2012

Doughty
Regardless of value, Kings wouldn't trade Doughty to a team in the Pacific division.

Old
09-17-2011, 05:52 PM
Voodoo Child
Lǎobǎn

Quote:
Originally Posted by markisonfire View Post
I also said the Kings don't want any part of it. The closest we can get to fair value for Doughty is Schenn and Kessel, but I personally don't want Kessel on the Kings. Just ask Jack Johnson how he feels about Kessel as a person.

But understand; Doughty, not signed, creates huge problems and potential problems with the cap. If he was on a deal, even an expensive one, his value would be twice what it is with no deal.

The only difference between Kessel and JJ is that JJ is slightly better at playing defense while sacrificing some offense.

Voodoo Child is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2011, 05:53 PM
SLAPSHOT723
Look out!!!

Islanders don't do this I don't think.

SLAPSHOT723 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2011, 05:54 PM
MasterofGrond
No, I'm not serious.

That Devils deal was bad the first half dozen times it was proposed. Merill and a pick along with ZPar? Fine. Parise AND Larsson? Not a chance.

MasterofGrond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2011, 05:56 PM
Kershaw

This is a very tempting offer for the Rangers, not gonna lie. I think I'd do it.

Kershaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2011, 05:56 PM
tfriede2

Quote:
Originally Posted by kellyhennig16 View Post

Turris
Yandle
1st round pick 2012

Doughty
Phoenix would be crazy to do that. Take out the 1st rounder in 2012 and make it maybe a 3rd rounder, and the value is much closer, IMO.

tfriede2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2011, 05:57 PM
iamitter
Thornton's Hen

I'd do the Rangers one.

iamitter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2011, 05:59 PM
Halpysback*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voodoo Child View Post
But understand; Doughty, not signed, creates huge problems and potential problems with the cap. If he was on a deal, even an expensive one, his value would be twice what it is with no deal.

The only difference between Kessel and JJ is that JJ is slightly better at playing defense while sacrificing some offense.
That's like saying Doughty at 6.8 million is 2x as valuable as Doughty at 8 million (a sum he would certainly sign for over 6-7 years).

Halpysback* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2011, 06:00 PM
markisonfire

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterofGrond View Post
That Devils deal was bad the first half dozen times it was proposed. Merill and a pick along with ZPar? fine. Parise AND Larsson? Not a chance.
Not disagreeing, I too think it is slanted in the Kings' favor. The Kings would add a pick to the deal, although I don't know that it would even out. The biggest problem is that Doughty doesn't have a contract as a restricted free agent, and Parise is on a one year deal now as an unrestricted free agent. This causes a lot of trouble. At the very least, the Devils get Doughty for another four years. The Kings might lose Parise after this year. If Doughty and Parise were both signed to a 5 year deal at $7 million, we can effectively call the difference in their values a wash. Unfortunately, that isn't the case. Complicating matters further, Parise isn't a rental to the Devils, but he could potentially be a rental and test free agency after the season for any other team that would potentially trade for him.

Old
09-17-2011, 06:05 PM
SEALBound
RIP Elmer

Malkin > Doughty

Sorry...but its true. I know you Kings/Western Conf people may think different...but the cold, harsh reality is that Malkin is the better player to have.

SEALBound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2011, 06:11 PM
Rhodes 81
grit those teeth

just doing my teams

Quote:

Shea Weber

for

Drew Doughty

Give each team the other's (extremely valuable) headache. This would never happen.
i'd do it in a heartbeat for the sole fact that doughty would be under team control longer.

Quote:

Zach Parise
Adam Larsson

for

Drew Doughty
Jonathan Bernier
i'd rather keep larsson and just do parise for doughty straight up, but then the kings wouldn't do it. a future top 5 of doughty, larsson, merrill, fayne, and urbom would be outstanding.

Quote:

Evander Kane
Zack Bogosian
Andrew Ladd

for

Drew Doughty
Andrei Loktionov

This may be a bit much, perhaps just Doughty for Kane and Bogosian. Someone proposed this a while back. Decent, if Bogo lives up to his potential. Awful if he continues his mediocre play. Perhaps even something like Kane and Enstrom for Doughty and Loktionov.

i wouldn't do any of those deals. the first one guts the jets' offense. the 2nd i'd rather give up ladd than kane, and the third, just awful. awful awful awful. doughty isn't nearly enough of an upgrade over enstrom to justify giving up kane.

Rhodes 81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2011, 06:12 PM
Gump Hasek
Spleen Merchant

vCash: 1200
The Jets proposal is hilarious, thanks for the laughs.

Gump Hasek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2011, 06:12 PM
gotmonte

You give me Drew signed long term and no nmc and I am good with the Rangers proposal.

I hate to lose Kreider as I think he will turn into a beast but a franchise defenseman like a Leetch WOULD be really good.

We have a lot of good home grown products to put on the ice. If you can take that good product and make it GREAT than you have the basis for a cup contending team for a while.

Now saying this, I am fine with staal and kreider. But if the deal presented itself and again drew was signed LOOONG term with NO nmc I am good. But I dont want to be handcuffed to this kid with a NMC

gotmonte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2011, 06:23 PM
vezna*
Canada's Team

Quote:

Quote:
Kessel has a reputation for being disliked by teammates wherever he's played. Jack Johnson, second overall in last year's draft, called him "a dirtbag" during one of his combine interviews.

epic source brah. especially the part where JJ went 2nd overall

vezna* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2011, 06:24 PM
Nanabijou
Booooooooooone

Columbus says no.

Nanabijou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2011, 06:24 PM
Tommy Torini
Hell of a thing baby

Quote:

If you don't want any part of what the Leafs have to offer, why include us in your list of dream trade scenarios? You don't even make a proposal. You use a post from an obvious troll account and say "Nuff said." Nuff said what? That post has nothing to do with anything.

Tommy Torini is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2011, 06:30 PM
cheap77
Go Kings!

Good read. lol

I'd rather keep loki though.

cheap77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2011, 06:36 PM
markisonfire

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueRanger View Post
If you don't want any part of what the Leafs have to offer, why include us in your list of dream trade scenarios? You don't even make a proposal. You use a post from an obvious troll account and say "Nuff said." Nuff said what? That post has nothing to do with anything.
That was supposed to be a joke from a very obvious Leafs troll. I thought it was funny. I then said that fair value would be Schenn and Kessel for Doughty, but that the Kings wouldn't want to do it. I can include whatever I want in my "dream" scenarios. I even provided support as to why the Kings wouldn't want Kessel on the team: that Johnson, a valued and well-liked member of the team, does not like him.