HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Rangers Agree to terms with Chad Wiseman

Closed Thread

Old
08-18-2004, 08:19 PM
Edge

vCash: 500
Jesus christ, will you just use up your last chance and join prucha whereever the heck he went to.

I didn't realize i had to be serious and straight forward in every post for the great intellectual you seem to think you are around here.

"No one listens to me" "No one pays attention" blah blah blah. Just like I can't force you to shut up {though there would surely be a celebration} because you have a right to say whatever stupid thing your mind comes up, i'm not just gonna sit back and not make a tongue in cheek comment myself.

Old
08-18-2004, 08:36 PM
Levitate

hrm...so it seems that your post was in response to an earlier one by marley?

well, at least that puts it in context a little...and i'm guessing it was the one about "just needing to be under 25 and play for 6 bucks an hour" which i will admit irked me when i read it

so i'll at least apologize in that i thought your comments just came out of nowhere for no reason

unless i'm misjudging the situation here again...

Old
08-18-2004, 08:50 PM
Edge

They were totally tongue in cheek.

I apologize to. My medicine is making cranky and whacky. A combination that doesn't work while trying to type a joke on a message board.

Old
08-18-2004, 09:11 PM
Levitate

alright, well i didn't realize

like i said, i probably shouldn't have commented on it anyways, momentary bit of irritation i guess that i didn't really need to act on. if i'd noticed the connection and the joke part of it i wouldn't have said anything, and still probably shouldn't have said anything. but oh well, life goes on.

post away

Old
08-18-2004, 09:41 PM
Daisy

Quote:
Originally Posted by majicpixie
(You beat me to it, Daisy! )
I see that. I figured you'd be happy anyway!

Old
08-18-2004, 09:46 PM
jerseydevil

Wow - big news..Chad Wiseman..

Old
08-19-2004, 12:45 AM
BobMarleyNYR

Send a message via AIM to BobMarleyNYR
Hey look, I'm sorry. I got a little too carried away again, and I'll swallow the retaliatory words... It's behind ME, but I'm sorry for what I said to YOU, Edge.

Old
08-19-2004, 01:39 AM
ECL
Very slippery slope

Send a message via AIM to ECL
There's so much pointless arguing here now... :///... Eh... What can you do.

Hopefully Wiseman will make it. I like him and his attitude.

Old
08-19-2004, 02:43 AM
Brooklyn Ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reveille
There's so much pointless arguing here now... :///... Eh... What can you do.

Hopefully Wiseman will make it. I like him and his attitude.
Agreed on both counts.

It would be nice to see Wiseman get a REAL chance.

Old
08-19-2004, 02:59 AM
Son of Steinbrenner

lets not get ahead of ourselves here. wiseman needs a good camp to make the team.

Old
08-19-2004, 03:18 AM
Brooklyn Ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Son of Steinbrenner
lets not get ahead of ourselves here. wiseman needs a good camp to make the team.
So? That should be the case with every player. Of course, when an organization has veterans signed to long term contracts, that isn't always the case. Hopefully, things have really changed.

Old
08-19-2004, 09:57 AM
Levitate

Quote:
So? That should be the case with every player. Of course, when an organization has veterans signed to long term contracts, that isn't always the case. Hopefully, things have really changed.
there should be spots for him on the 3rd or 4th lines if he impresses enough though...his main competition is gonna be other kids in the organization, not veterans...so he has to outplay them.

course if the rangers go sign a bunch of wings then we're in trouble...i could deal with a left wing for the top line, leaving the second line LW open for lundmark and then a fight between guys like murray and wiseman for the 3rd and 4th spots (i think wiseman is a LW anyways) or even a fight for the second spot since lundmark isn't really a sure thing there yet

Old
08-19-2004, 10:31 AM
melisa

I like Wiseman. He's a prospect that nobody gives any credit to in our system. People talk about Moore who I think will never be a good NHL player. Wiseman is much tougher than Moore and has a much better chance to be a good 3rd-4th line NHL player.

I think if they play this year that Sather and crew will play a ton of role player types, make a choice on the 4 or 5 with the highest potential and then package 3 or 4 prospects for one very talented prospect in a particular area of the game. We have a lot of role player types. It's not whether Sather will trade some. It's who he will trade.

Old
08-19-2004, 12:03 PM
Smelco

I agree to give the guy a chance.

His stats, attitude, story, and physical attributes/skills remind me a lot of Michael Ryder --another prospect drafted late that knocked the socks off everyone last year.

Old
08-19-2004, 12:38 PM
Son of Steinbrenner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooklyn Ranger
maybe you should look at the rangers roster. how many veterans are signed to long term contracts? wiseman is at best a ahl player and nothing more. if wiseman turns into tim sweeney the rangers are lucky

Old
08-19-2004, 04:12 PM
trowa

I remember Wiseman scoring a nifty goal against Brodeur during his limited stint with the big club. That caught my eye. I was a little worried about the concussion he suffered last year, but then he came back and did pretty well at the AHL All-star game. He also put up good some good numbers.

Wiseman plays hard and and has a good attitude. I hope he's given a chance and makes the best of it.

Old
08-19-2004, 06:16 PM
Brooklyn Ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Son of Steinbrenner
maybe you should look at the rangers roster. how many veterans are signed to long term contracts? wiseman is at best a ahl player and nothing more. if wiseman turns into tim sweeney the rangers are lucky
How can you say that when he's never had the chance to play in the NHL on a regular basis--much less even a total of 5 games?

Funny thing is you keep talking about how good a trader Sather is, but so far the Tim Taylor trade is a complete bust--Ekman never got a chance to even play one NHL game here, the other kid we got from Tampa Bay never recovered from post concussion issues and now you claim Chad Wiseman is a career AHLer. And Tim Taylor just won a Stanley Cup. Way to go Sather!!!

And you know what else? I would much prefer to see a kid like Wiseman bust his butt to stay in the NHL than to have the return of a player like Hlavac or some former high round draft pick who's been kicked around the NHL waiver draft by several different clubs because he can't stick with any NHL team for more than 9 games.

Old
08-20-2004, 12:51 AM
Chief

I don't understand those who are down on Wiseman. I haven't seen a ton of his play but what I've seen, I've liked. Not every prospect has to be a future all star and there's nothing wrong with a prospect being a solid 3rd or 4th liner. It sure beats signing a free agent to do that job. And he might just surprise people and make it as a 2nd liner.

Old
08-20-2004, 06:13 AM
melisa

Some are down on Wiseman because they have gotten use to star power here and now want the same thing only with young players from our system. You can't win without role players. Lundmark at this point is probably going to be a bust and Wiseman from what I've seen of him has a much better chance to be a good NHL player. He's bigger then Jamie. Stronger. Better defensively.

Old
08-20-2004, 08:23 AM
TKLOOCH22

Quote:
Originally Posted by melisa
Some are down on Wiseman because they have gotten use to star power here and now want the same thing only with young players from our system. You can't win without role players. Lundmark at this point is probably going to be a bust and Wiseman from what I've seen of him has a much better chance to be a good NHL player. He's bigger then Jamie. Stronger. Better defensively.
You certainly were not to used to star power before you put in your opinion of Dom Moore, huh? How much bigger is he than Jamie? Chad looks every bit slight as Jamie does. And Wiseman is not as strong as you give him credit for.

For one that says they're not looking for star power, than what is wrong with Lundmark? He's gonna get a chance to show he can hack it.

Old
08-20-2004, 08:27 AM
TKLOOCH22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief
I don't understand those who are down on Wiseman. I haven't seen a ton of his play but what I've seen, I've liked. Not every prospect has to be a future all star and there's nothing wrong with a prospect being a solid 3rd or 4th liner. It sure beats signing a free agent to do that job. And he might just surprise people and make it as a 2nd liner.
I agree, Chad should be given a chance this training camp to make the team. But there is a problem with having a guy like Wiseman on the 3rd-4th line if he doesnt have the talent to later move up to the 1st-2nd after breaking in. Right now, Chad doesnt bring hitting or exceptional defense, as in G. Murray and J. Ortmeyer. And I dont think he'll be able to make it on an offensive line. But I do hope he proves myself and other doubters wrong.

Old
08-20-2004, 10:49 AM
melisa

"But there is a problem with having a guy like Wiseman on the 3rd-4th line if he doesnt have the talent to later move up to the 1st-2nd after breaking in"

No. There is no problem at all with him not moving up to the 1st and 2nd line later on. You make it seem like he has to be a 1st or 2nd line player in order to be a good NHL player. Role players. Meaning non first or second line players.

Moore stinks

As far as Wiseman not being stronger then Jamie. I saw Wiseman throw two better hits in 4 games then Jamie has his entire career here. Not to mention Lundmark spends all game on his butt because he has no leg drive.

Old
08-20-2004, 04:37 PM
majicpixie

Send a message via ICQ to majicpixie Send a message via AIM to majicpixie Send a message via MSN to majicpixie
Why is it that whenever Chad comes up the "he's not good enough for the NHL" comments start flying? Why can't everybody else besides me be glad that he was signed at all?? He must be doing something right. How many games did Ekman play with the Rangers?

Old
08-20-2004, 05:05 PM
melisa

"Why is it that whenever Chad comes up the "he's not good enough for the NHL" comments start flying? Why can't everybody else besides me be glad that he was signed at all?? He must be doing something right. How many games did Ekman play with the Rangers? "

So true. He's by far the most disrespected Ranger prospect. I have no idea why Moore and Lundmark continue to get more love from Ranger fans when neither plays a style that translates into being a solid pro player.

Old
08-20-2004, 05:28 PM
barnaby63

Quote:
Originally Posted by melisa
So true. He's by far the most disrespected Ranger prospect. I have no idea why Moore and Lundmark continue to get more love from Ranger fans when neither plays a style that translates into being a solid pro player.
You cant be serious with that comment.

Closed Thread