HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Winnipeg Jets
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Winnipeg Jets - Free Agents, Trades, Rumors, Speculation-It all goes here; Part IV

Closed Thread

Old
09-27-2011, 05:10 PM
Holden Caulfield
The Eternal Skeptic

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wpg Jets View Post
The bruins filled my void while my jets were gone this is a young guy we should be grabbing!
Zach Hamil is a center and young.
It's very very rare for a guy with so little NHL experience to get claimed, same reason Kulda likely will not be claimed.

Also, Jets right now have Little, Burmistrov, Wellwood, Slater down the middle with Antropov, Stapleton, Maxwell all being able to play center as well. We do not need any more centers. Not to mention Hamill is someone who has been struggling for years in the AHL, never living up to potential.

However Bruins fans seem very impressed with Hamill, like I said in the other thread he is worth taking a look at for the rest of camp, worse comes to worse he gets put back on waivers and Bruins claim him back to send to Providence. There is plenty of openings on the wings on the bottom lines, but really not sure if he would be an improvement on Maxwell, Machacek, Klingberg, Gregoire.

Old
09-27-2011, 05:16 PM
BigTuna49
RIP KevFist

vCash: 700
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wpg Jets View Post
The bruins filled my void while my jets were gone this is a young guy we should be grabbing!
Zach Hamil is a center and young.
So is Little, Burmistrov, Scheifele, Maxwell, Cormier, and Telegin.

Old
09-27-2011, 05:23 PM
Paradise
Individual thinker

Someone please move this to the training camp cuts thread. No need to clog the board when there's already a thread talking about this kind of stuff.

http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=988759

Old
09-28-2011, 10:50 AM
wpgyotes
Bye Bryz

I don't see Hamill amounting to much at the NHL level. His stats were inflated in junior playing alongside Peter Mueller, and you have to be really skilled to stick as a centreman when undersized and slow of foot, or be the grinding type, and that's just not his game.

Old
09-28-2011, 02:07 PM
Paradise
Individual thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by wpgyotes View Post
I don't see Hamill amounting to much at the NHL level. His stats were inflated in junior playing alongside Peter Mueller, and you have to be really skilled to stick as a centreman when undersized and slow of foot, or be the grinding type, and that's just not his game.
He cleared waivers.

Old
09-29-2011, 02:36 PM
Gump Hasek
Spleen Merchant

vCash: 1200
Not sure if anyone has posted this yet; an interview with GM Kevin Cheveldayoff from Hockey Central yesterday...

http://www.fan590.com/ondemand/media...28_145115_6508

Old
10-05-2011, 12:24 PM
Eddy Punch Clock
Gold Jerry!!!

So what will the Jets line up look like on opening night? In particular I'm wondering about your fourth line.

My Canucks picked up Dale Weise yesterday off of waivers to play on the fourth line. He's an energy guy that put up good numbers in the AHL, is willing to fight (and lose though) and is from Winnipeg. Still only 23, he sounds like a guy that could turn into a fan favourite playing in his hometown. I'm just a little surprised Winnipeg didn't take a chance on this kid.

Old
10-05-2011, 12:26 PM
Jet
Stand by your man

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy Punch Clock View Post
So what will the Jets line up look like on opening night? In particular I'm wondering about your fourth line.

My Canucks picked up Dale Weise yesterday off of waivers to play on the fourth line. He's an energy guy that put up good numbers in the AHL, is willing to fight (and lose though) and is from Winnipeg. Still only 23, he sounds like a guy that could turn into a fan favourite playing in his hometown. I'm just a little surprised Winnipeg didn't take a chance on this kid.
I was a little surprised as well... have played some summer hockey with him.

I just think that we have way too many bottom 6 forwards as it is, better to let him go to a team that may actually use him.

10-05-2011, 12:38 PM
untouchable21
You've been TROUBA'D

Coyotes have placed Brett MacLean on Waivers.

I would definitely consider claiming him if I were the Jets. He's a 22 year old right wing scorer who hasn't been given a fair chance to make that team because that's how Dave Tippet rolls. He plays the 3rd and 4th line veteran plugs before giving a youngster a chance. He could look nice with Scheifele and Kane. Chevy and Noel should be familiar with him from the AHL.

Really is a shame for that Coyotes organization how all their promising young players have either bolted (Wheeler *lucky us*) demanded out (Mueller), mismanaged to the point to where he's now at a contract dispute (Turris). Who's next OEL, Boedker and Gormley?

Over on the islanders board, it doesn't sound like their too interested in reuniting him with Tavares as Neiderreiter is expect to play with Tavares and Moulsson.

Old
10-05-2011, 12:48 PM
Lynk
Registered Bro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jet View Post
I was a little surprised as well... have played some summer hockey with him.

I just think that we have way too many bottom 6 forwards as it is, better to let him go to a team that may actually use him.
My thoughts as well.

Imo we have 2 of the 3 spots on the bottom line already filled.

Slater and Thorburn will be there so it's simply a matter of finding a left wing.

Glass
Bodie
Cormier
Machacek

We have more than enough viable options as it is.

Old
10-05-2011, 01:13 PM
Paradise
Individual thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by untouchable21 View Post
Coyotes have placed Brett MacLean on Waivers.

I would definitely consider claiming him if I were the Jets. He's a 22 year old right wing scorer who hasn't been given a fair chance to make that team because that's how Dave Tippet rolls. He plays the 3rd and 4th line veteran plugs before giving a youngster a chance. He could look nice with Scheifele and Kane. Chevy and Noel should be familiar with him from the AHL.

Really is a shame for that Coyotes organization how all their promising young players have either bolted (Wheeler *lucky us*) demanded out (Mueller), mismanaged to the point to where he's now at a contract dispute (Turris). Who's next OEL, Boedker and Gormley?

Over on the islanders board, it doesn't sound like their too interested in reuniting him with Tavares as Neiderreiter is expect to play with Tavares and Moulsson.
I'd definitely be interested in picking him up. He's got offensive upside that we lack in the system. His defense and other aspects of his game could still use work, but he's still young and learning.

Old
10-05-2011, 06:08 PM
McDonald19
Hampus

Are the Jets going to sign Troy Bodie?

Old
10-05-2011, 06:10 PM
Lynk
Registered Bro

Quote:
Originally Posted by McDonald19 View Post
Quote:
#winnipegjets allow tryout contract with Troy Bodie to expire. His future uncertain.
http://twitter.com/#!/friesensunmedi...04989587542016

I assume you're referring to that. I actually thought he was decent and could've been a viable option on the bottom line. Perhaps management feels otherwise.

Glass appears to have that spot given the latest practice lines, then you have Cormier, Maxwell and Machacek. Seems we have too many options.

Old
10-05-2011, 06:23 PM
WJG
Running and Rioting

MacLean is by far the best prospect to be waived so far this year.

He's 6'1" and 200 lbs, scored multiple 100+ point seasons in the OHL and scored at a 30+ goal PPG rate in the AHL.

I'd definitely claim him. He's younger and more accomplished than Maxwell or Machacek.

Old
10-05-2011, 07:56 PM
untouchable21
You've been TROUBA'D

Quote:
Originally Posted by WJG View Post
MacLean is by far the best prospect to be waived so far this year.

He's 6'1" and 200 lbs, scored multiple 100+ point seasons in the OHL and scored at a 30+ goal PPG rate in the AHL.

I'd definitely claim him. He's younger and more accomplished than Maxwell or Machacek.
I could see some chemistry between MacLean and a certain playmaking center who wears #55

If claimed by Winnipeg, Scheifele could tell Hawerchuk he has his own MacLean sniping on his right wing much like Hawerchuk did

Old
10-05-2011, 10:43 PM
trebendan

I could see MacLean as the next Grabner.

Old
10-05-2011, 11:50 PM
AugustBurnsRed*
Invisible Calls

I would definitely take a flyer on Maclean

Old
10-06-2011, 09:58 AM
Gump Hasek
Spleen Merchant

vCash: 1200
Brett MacLean has NHL level hands and well below NHL level foot speed. He suffers from lead boots syndrome, FYI.

Old
10-06-2011, 10:02 AM
Holden Caulfield
The Eternal Skeptic

Quote:
Originally Posted by McDonald19 View Post
TSN reporting that Bodie has been released from his try-out, making it very unlikely. Appears Jets wish to roll with 8D to start the year.

Would love for the Jets to take MacLean off waivers. Guy has lots of offensive upside, something that is sorry lacking in the Jets prospect pool. Would look really good on the right side of that Kane-Scheifele line, as MacLean has much higher offensive upside than Maxwell.

Old
10-06-2011, 10:11 AM
Guerzy
HFBoards Sponsor

I'm a little surprised we parted ways with Bodie, but, at the end of the day there simply wasn't a spot for him in our line-up. I said in the summer having Bodie and Glass on the same roster was like having 2 of the same players, and when you have guys like Maxwell or Cormier who can play on the 3rd line, where as Bodie shouldn't, it pretty well limits his options and versatility as a player.

He played well for us, I thought. I hope he lands on his feet somewhere because I believe he can be a quality 4th line forward in the NHL.

Old
10-06-2011, 12:23 PM
rymr66

good call on maclean everyone! cheers, and go jets go! now who do they remove from the roster to make room for him? (stapelton)

Old
10-24-2011, 09:43 AM
Guerzy
HFBoards Sponsor

Bit of a rumor, if you will. Wonder what Bourque would cost, and why would the Flames want to part ways with him? He's scored 27 goals in each of the last two seasons, and has played 73 and 80 games. A goal scoring winger this team could likely use tied up for 3 more seasons (after this one) at a reasonable price for a goal scorer.

http://www.winnipegsun.com/2011/10/2...-ok-says-chevy

Quote:
Now that Mark Scheifele has been sent down to the OHL, do the Jets need to replace him?

GM Kevin Cheveldayoff said Sunday they do not, since they already have enough personnel to fill the 12 forward slots and still have a couple extra bodies as insurance.

According to a source, Cheveldayoff had been telling teams he’d decide after the Scheifele demotion whether he needed another forward.

The Jets apparently like Calgary Flames forward Rene Bourque, a two-time 27-goal scorer who is rumoured to be on the block, but Cheveldayoff sounded content with his roster on Sunday.

One would hope the Jets would at least inquire about someone like Bourque, considering he’s scored 75 goals over the last three seasons and has a reasonable cap hit of $3.3 million. The Jets can’t score, so they should at least ask.

It sounds, however, like the Flames would want something significant in return, and the Jets probably can’t do that right now.

Old
10-24-2011, 09:51 AM
Lynk
Registered Bro

I noted this in the Jets Papers thread as well.

I wouldn't mind this pickup as he is a good goal scoring winger and his cap hit of 3.3mil would be worth the money imo.

But what would we have to give up is the question.

Old
10-24-2011, 09:57 AM
Lazyking
Never Forget

A top prospect or a top pick is what the Flames would likely want and I don't think the Jets can afford that...

Old
10-24-2011, 10:12 AM
Guerzy
HFBoards Sponsor

Ladd - Little - Bourque
Kane - Burmistrov - Antropov
Fehr - Wellwood - Wheeler
Glass - Slater - Thorburn

Like.

Closed Thread