HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Winnipeg Jets
Notices

Winnipeg Jets - Free Agents, Trades, Rumors, Speculation-It all goes here; Part IV

Closed Thread

Old
10-27-2011, 11:18 AM
Waldo

vCash: 500
provide a source or link or don't post it all

Old
10-27-2011, 11:38 AM
King Woodballs
MVP! MVP! MVP!

vCash: 50
Aaron Gagnon on waivers today

per bobby mac

Old
10-27-2011, 11:49 AM
Huffer

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Woodballs View Post
Aaron Gagnon on waivers today

per bobby mac
What was the plan with him anyway?

Old
10-27-2011, 11:50 AM
s1g

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigplay41 View Post
heard from someone who has family ties to the Jets that Kane isn't liked that much in the locker room, heard he is a diva. Go ahead and blast me if you don't believe me thats fine. Just kinda found it to be interesting that these rumors came about.
Not too surprising. He apparently was at Earl's on Main before the season started, and told the staff there that in exchange for free food and booze, plus $5000, he would eat there after every home game. Management scoffed at the offer.

Old
10-27-2011, 11:53 AM
King Woodballs
MVP! MVP! MVP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by s1g View Post
Not too surprising. He apparently was at Earl's on Main before the season started, and told the staff there that in exchange for free food and booze, plus $5000, he would eat there after every home game. Management scoffed at the offer.
If true, that is rediculous

Old
10-27-2011, 11:56 AM
wpg wolfpac

Ya, i heard that all the Jets players want out. I heard it from a friend of a friend lol. So it must be true right?

Old
10-27-2011, 11:58 AM
WJG
Running and Rioting

Quote:
Originally Posted by s1g View Post
I've also heard the story of them wanting free stuff from Earl's on Main (didn't hear about the $5000 though), but it was a bunch of the players (including Byfuglien), not just Kane.

In any case, it's just a story/rumor I heard and have no idea if it's true.

Old
10-27-2011, 12:00 PM
BigTuna49
RIP KevFist

vCash: 1165
I guess the players feel a little more entitlement going from Atlanta to a place like Winnipeg. They are worshiped up there.

Old
10-27-2011, 12:06 PM
King Woodballs
MVP! MVP! MVP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke49 View Post
I guess the players feel a little more entitlement going from Atlanta to a place like Winnipeg. They are worshiped up there.
I think there is some truth to of which you speak.
I still dont think it gives them the right though.

Old
10-27-2011, 12:08 PM
Hank Chinaski
Mod Supervisor

vCash: 264
Here's the deal. I'm going to let these previous posts stand, since I don't see anything libelous in them, and I don't think any of it qualifies as "outrageous claims of inside information". Stories like this float around all the time. However, any further posts that speculate on such and such a player doing yadda yadda in his spare time are going to be removed. It's really not relevant to the topic at hand.

At the present time, any rumours about Kane requesting a trade are just that, rumours. Nothing whatsoever has been substantiated. Feel free to speculate all you want, but try and take everything with a grain of salt as well.

Old
10-27-2011, 01:29 PM
bigplay41
BIG MEECH

Send a message via AIM to bigplay41
would the Jets entertain an offer of Evander Kane for Rene Bourque + 1st round pick??? Honestly i think we should trade him isn't there a lot of good defenseman in this upcoming draft?

Old
10-27-2011, 01:32 PM
Huffer

Quote:
would the Jets entertain an offer of Evander Kane for Rene Bourque + 1st round pick??? Honestly i think we should trade him isn't there a lot of good defenseman in this upcoming draft?
Are you serious??

Old
10-27-2011, 01:35 PM
cheswick
Non-registered User

vCash: 574
Kyle Turris' agent has finally come out in public saying he wants to be traded. Should the Jets make a play for him?

For the record Maloney says he's not gonan trade him and he's perfectly welcome to sit out the season.

Old
10-27-2011, 01:40 PM
Holden Caulfield
Perennial Skeptic

Quote:
I would consider that. Considering Jeff Carter only landed Voracek and 1st Rounder of what was supposed to be a much improved Blue Jackets team, Bourque plus a first rounder that, IMO would be top 10 potentially top 5 would be almost fair value. I still say no I think, but I think on it.

I would not be opposed to a Little for Turris trade. Little is struggling but is a solid player and Turris has enormous upside. Not sure if PHO would be interested in that?

Old
10-27-2011, 01:46 PM
Jet
Chevel-takesadayoff

Quote:
That is not a good return IMO. If we are trading EK, we need to get a young, rising star in return.

Eberle, Duchene, Galiardi, Okposo, Oshie, etc.

10-27-2011, 01:54 PM
WJG
Running and Rioting

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheswick View Post
Kyle Turris' agent has finally come out in public saying he wants to be traded. Should the Jets make a play for him?

For the record Maloney says he's not gonan trade him and he's perfectly welcome to sit out the season.
I'd love to get Turris. Between Little, Antropov/Burmistrov and Turris as our centers, we could score three very good scoring lines. If Burmistrov continues to excel on the RW, it would give us that many more options.

In the future:
Ladd-Little-Wheeler
Kane-Turris-Burmistrov
____-Scheifele-_____
____-Cormier-______

Old
10-27-2011, 01:56 PM
Huffer

I think you guys are seriously overrating Bourque, and underrating Kane (based on his start this year).

Kane is 20 years old for Pete's sake. And after 8 games people are willing to throw him away for Rene Bourque??

What is the fascination with Rene Bourque? Is it his last two seasons (27 goals each)?

What about the fact that those were his two best seasons in his career? How about the fact that he is soon to be 30?

Bourque has a career average of .21 goals a game (86 goals over 402 games).
Kane has a career average of .23 goals a game (34 goals over 146 games).

And Kane is much more physical, and how about the fact that Kane's .23 goals a game average have come while he's been 18-20 years old?

Old
10-27-2011, 02:02 PM
Holden Caulfield
Perennial Skeptic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huffer View Post
I think you guys are seriously overrating Bourque, and underrating Kane (based on his start this year).

Kane is 20 years old for Pete's sake. And after 8 games people are willing to throw him away for Rene Bourque??

What is the fascination with Rene Bourque? Is it his last two seasons (27 goals each)?

What about the fact that those were his two best seasons in his career? How about the fact that he is soon to be 30?

Bourque has a career average of .21 goals a game (86 goals over 402 games).
Kane has a career average of .23 goals a game (34 goals over 146 games).

And Kane is much more physical, and how about the fact that Kane's .23 goals a game average have come while he's been 18-20 years old?
I think you are missing the main return in the deal. It is a top 10, potential top 5 on top of Bourque. Bourque is a nice complentary piece and we can add another top 5 pick to the mix to replace Kane. It's not a horrendous proposal, but like I said I still say no.

And WJG, in your scenario what are we giving up for Turris? We cannot afford to giveaway futures, so we need to give something now and Turris won't come cheap. And if all those guys stay in the future it'd be like, IMO...

Kane - Turris - ____
Ladd - Scheifele - Burmistrov
Klingberg - Little - Wheeler
____ - Cormier - _____

Old
10-27-2011, 02:10 PM
BigTuna49
RIP KevFist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holden Caulfield View Post
I think you are missing the main return in the deal. It is a top 10, potential top 5 on top of Bourque. Bourque is a nice complentary piece and we can add another top 5 pick to the mix to replace Kane. It's not a horrendous proposal, but like I said I still say no.

And WJG, in your scenario what are we giving up for Turris? We cannot afford to giveaway futures, so we need to give something now and Turris won't come cheap. And if all those guys stay in the future it'd be like, IMO...

Kane - Turris - ____
Ladd - Scheifele - Burmistrov
Klingberg - Little - Wheeler
____ - Cormier - _____
We can get a better return then Bourque and still get a good 1st round pick.

Why do we want Turris exactly? Turris isn't better then Little or Burmistrov, so he's not going to be getting top line minutes.

Old
10-27-2011, 02:15 PM
Holden Caulfield
Perennial Skeptic

Quote:
Why do we want Turris exactly? Turris isn't better then Little or Burmistrov, so he's not going to be getting top line minutes.
Much higher upside than Little and Burmistrov seems to fitting in much better as a winger, IMO. I am starting to think he might find himself permanently out on the right side.

Old
10-27-2011, 02:25 PM
BigTuna49
RIP KevFist

Quote:
Much higher upside than Little and Burmistrov seems to fitting in much better as a winger, IMO. I am starting to think he might find himself permanently out on the right side.
Well I respectfully disagree, especially with Burmistrov.

Old
10-27-2011, 02:34 PM
Huffer

Quote:
I see what you are saying, but for me the only way I would be ok with trading Kane is if HE wants out and is going to be a D-bag about it. Suggestions that we should trade him because he's not producing in the first 8 games are without merit, IMO.

Now saying that, IF Kane wanted out, I would wait until closer to the deadline so I would have a very good chance of knowing who the teams are that are most likely picking in the top 5. If we traded with Calgary today for example, there is nothing to suggest that with Kane, that they don't end up picking at 15 or higher.

On top of a top 5 or 10 pick, I also think we could get a better player than Bourque.

Old
10-27-2011, 02:39 PM
WJG
Running and Rioting

Quote:
And WJG, in your scenario what are we giving up for Turris? We cannot afford to giveaway futures, so we need to give something now and Turris won't come cheap.
I disagree, with every passing day his value drops lower.

I don't think it would take a top six forward to get him. I'm thinking more along the lines of what New York paid to acquire Tim Erixon - a good (but not bluechip) prospect and 2nd rounders.

I would offer a package of something like:
-Gregoire
-O'Dell
-2012 2nd rounder
-2013 2nd rounder

Old
10-27-2011, 02:49 PM
Guerzy
HFBoards Sponsor

I think if we were to inquire about Turris, we have to start with Klingberg.

Edit - And yes, I still think Turris has plenty of value and lots of potential.

Last edited by Guerzy: 10-27-2011 at 02:55 PM.
Old
10-27-2011, 02:53 PM
Holden Caulfield
Perennial Skeptic

Quote:
Well I respectfully disagree, especially with Burmistrov.
You have that right. I am still a huge believer in Turris and I think he has 40-45 goal potential.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huffer View Post
I see what you are saying, but for me the only way I would be ok with trading Kane is if HE wants out and is going to be a D-bag about it. Suggestions that we should trade him because he's not producing in the first 8 games are without merit, IMO.

Now saying that, IF Kane wanted out, I would wait until closer to the deadline so I would have a very good chance of knowing who the teams are that are most likely picking in the top 5. If we traded with Calgary today for example, there is nothing to suggest that with Kane, that they don't end up picking at 15 or higher.

On top of a top 5 or 10 pick, I also think we could get a better player than Bourque.
I agree. I am not 100% sure we could get a better package, especially if CGY starts to drop out of it, but I am in no means advocating trading Kane. I do not like reactionary moves.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WJG View Post
I disagree, with every passing day his value drops lower.

I don't think it would take a top six forward to get him. I'm thinking more along the lines of what New York paid to acquire Tim Erixon - a good (but not bluechip) prospect and 2nd rounders.

I would offer a package of something like:
-Gregoire
-O'Dell
-2012 2nd rounder
-2013 2nd rounder
There is absolutely no comparison between Erixon, a late first prospect with 0 NHL experience to a Turris who was a #3 pick and has almost two full seasons in the NHL. Turris is a player who is just starting to hit his potential, and like I mentioned above still has 40-45 goal +80 point potential. I think PHO laughs at the Quantity deal you proposed and waits for a Quality deal. O'Dell has no value at all, cannot even get into games at AHL level, Gregoire is a dime a dozen prospect and the 2nds offer nothing for a while. PHO has stated they will let Turris sit out, it would take quality to extract him.

I see Little as a 2nd line C, with a normal season being 20-25 goals and 45-60 points, who is pretty much fully developed, so I think that the risk of Turris not quite reaching his upper potential is worth the drop from Little to Turris right now. JMHO though. Not saying that we should do this deal or anything, but I think the value is there and I would not opposed to this deal, is all I am saying.

Closed Thread