HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Rink
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
The Rink For the not so ready for prime-time players, coaches, referees, and the people that have to live with them. Discuss experiences in local leagues, coaching tips, equipment, and training.

Help! plz

Old
09-08-2011, 09:21 PM
migtey
Rookie User

vCash: 500
Help! plz

Hi everyone

Anyone knows if there is any team or gang near Cornwall, Ontario where I could learn to play. I'm a beginner Goalie and I have an hard time to find any information on league. I found many website but all is for minor or women. I'm 32 year old and I just want to play for fun, no competition. Maybe it,s too late, I'm too old already....

migtey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-08-2011, 09:27 PM
BLBarmada

It's never too late and your never too old, there's always shinny and pick up, if you have time there's DVDs out there.

BLBarmada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-12-2011, 05:55 PM
migtey
Rookie User

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLBarmada View Post
It's never too late and your never too old, there's always shinny and pick up, if you have time there's DVDs out there.
Thanks. I tried to call each local arenan and it's always the same... they telling me: "I can't give you the name and phone number of people who rent the ice, it's for privacy concern...bla bla bla". How the hell do you think I will be able to communicate with them if I don't have the info!

She told me :"Well, come and wait until players comes in and ask them.".
Oh yes, I have only that to do go to the arena and wait until people shows up.

Old
09-12-2011, 06:07 PM
RAYClovis

Yeah, that's pretty much how you're going to have to do it if those people don't post their infos publicly. Maybe you weren't looking hard enough.

RAYClovis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-20-2011, 07:21 PM
migtey
Rookie User

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAYClovis View Post
Yeah, that's pretty much how you're going to have to do it if those people don't post their infos publicly. Maybe you weren't looking hard enough.
haha, you're funnnny. after 16 emails, talking with both women and men hockey league coach of cornwall, talking to 5 arena... I can tell you that I'm searching hard ;-) There is just no league or team that are suitable for beginners and I can understand that you not necesserly want beginner that will slow the game when for them winning is more important than having fun.

Old
09-21-2011, 04:35 AM
vapor11

As you are a beginner I wouldn't recommend a league right away..Look on kijiji for scrub ice in the activity section or post an add looking for

vapor11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-21-2011, 05:29 AM
izzy3

Quote:
Originally Posted by migtey View Post
haha, you're funnnny. after 16 emails, talking with both women and men hockey league coach of cornwall, talking to 5 arena... I can tell you that I'm searching hard ;-) There is just no league or team that are suitable for beginners and I can understand that you not necesserly want beginner that will slow the game when for them winning is more important than having fun.
Well goalies are always very welcome anywhere I play, so even if you're a beginner you'll be invited to play. It's better to shoot at net with a live goalie in it, than at some shooting tarp.

I would also suggest to visit a rink at 20pm till like 22pm. You'll meet people that play, and you can gauge the level too.

Look at this way: if you really start playing, you will spend 2-3+ hours at a rink every other day, so in your quest finding a slot to play you just start to condition your GF/wife/etc...

Good luck, and get ready for the worst addiction you ever experienced...

izzy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-21-2011, 05:51 AM
Wilch
Unregistered User

vCash: 50
I've never played goalie before, but they're always welcome to join drop-ins... Because a lot of the times one or none show up, and it ends being whoever has the most accurate shot wins (gotta hit post to count as goal).

Wilch is offline   Reply With Quote