HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Hickey/Voynov

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
09-16-2011, 09:04 PM
  #1
NHLFreak
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 393
vCash: 500
Hickey/Voynov

I know this subject has probably been brought up b4 many times. Just wondering if you know anything new about their chances of making the big squad this season.

NHLFreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2011, 09:11 PM
  #2
salami
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 34
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NHLFreak View Post
I know this subject has probably been brought up b4 many times. Just wondering if you know anything new about their chances of making the big squad this season.
They're getting better and better with each day DD goes unsigned.

salami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2011, 09:52 PM
  #3
BigBrown
They did it again!
 
BigBrown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Sweden
Country: Sweden
Posts: 4,647
vCash: 500
I think Muzzin would probably have a shot at getting called up that is just as good as those two mentioned... And if Doughty signs, I think the chance of any of them to make the club is slim to none.

BigBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2011, 10:05 PM
  #4
Cook24
Registered User
 
Cook24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Chino, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 2,026
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Cook24
I think both Voynov and Hickey are doing this right now, seeing as how Doughtys holding out...


Cook24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2011, 10:23 PM
  #5
Belanger25
The Iceman!
 
Belanger25's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Country: United States
Posts: 3,754
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cook24 View Post
I think both Voynov and Hickey are doing this right now, seeing as how Doughtys holding out...

And this ladies and gentlemen is where tonight's thread ends. Thank you for attending and if you are too drunk to drive please find a designated driver. We would like to see you back at Staples Center soon. Goodnight!

Belanger25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2011, 02:35 AM
  #6
kingsfan
#SutterforanOscar
 
kingsfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Manitoba, Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,732
vCash: 500
It's not just a Hickey/Voynov moment really. I'm going to assume Doughty is signed (for no particular reason, just assuming it will get worked out). If so, it's one of Voynov/Hickey/Muzzin/Deslauriers (He's a longer shot but talented)/random surprise (see Andrew Campbell) who will vye to be able to make the team ala Alec Martinez last year. If a player is ready to take the step, the team has made the room for him, and I think that will happen this year. If one of those guys shows they are ready t make the jump, he'll be in the NHL, with or without Doughty.

My money is on Voynov, simply due to the extra year of seasoning in the minors and overall talent level.

kingsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2011, 04:13 PM
  #7
TKFAN
Registered User
 
TKFAN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: New Hampshire
Country: United States
Posts: 488
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsfan View Post
It's not just a Hickey/Voynov moment really. I'm going to assume Doughty is signed (for no particular reason, just assuming it will get worked out). If so, it's one of Voynov/Hickey/Muzzin/Deslauriers (He's a longer shot but talented)/random surprise (see Andrew Campbell) who will vye to be able to make the team ala Alec Martinez last year. If a player is ready to take the step, the team has made the room for him, and I think that will happen this year. If one of those guys shows they are ready t make the jump, he'll be in the NHL, with or without Doughty.

My money is on Voynov, simply due to the extra year of seasoning in the minors and overall talent level.
I think cows would fly before this happens, but stranger things have happened in the past. I'll agree with you on the Voynov choice though!

Just sign the darn contract Doughty.

TKFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-18-2011, 12:16 PM
  #8
AStammer7*
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 432
vCash: 500
Voynov's My Choice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsfan View Post
It's not just a Hickey/Voynov moment really. I'm going to assume Doughty is signed (for no particular reason, just assuming it will get worked out). If so, it's one of Voynov/Hickey/Muzzin/Deslauriers (He's a longer shot but talented)/random surprise (see Andrew Campbell) who will vye to be able to make the team ala Alec Martinez last year. If a player is ready to take the step, the team has made the room for him, and I think that will happen this year. If one of those guys shows they are ready t make the jump, he'll be in the NHL, with or without Doughty.

My money is on Voynov, simply due to the extra year of seasoning in the minors and overall talent level.
Amen brother! Doughty is a RD and so is Voynov. Doughty is talented and so is Voynov. Doughty is unsigned but Voynov is and has earned the right to be in LA! Kings should trade Doughty if he thinks and wants more dough than Kopitar. Who in Sam Houston does he think he is anyways...I think Voynov and Campbell should be in LA in 2011-12 also!

AStammer7* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-18-2011, 09:05 PM
  #9
HeadInjury
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 1,002
vCash: 500
From what I saw yesterday, Hickey wasn't looking like an NHL player. I liked what I saw of Deslauriers, but he's not close to NHL ready either.

HeadInjury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-18-2011, 11:27 PM
  #10
markisonfire
Registered User
 
markisonfire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Los Angeles
Country: United States
Posts: 4,178
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by danmaloney27 View Post
Amen brother! Doughty is a RD and so is Voynov. Doughty is talented and so is Voynov. Doughty is unsigned but Voynov is and has earned the right to be in LA! Kings should trade Doughty if he thinks and wants more dough than Kopitar. Who in Sam Houston does he think he is anyways...I think Voynov and Campbell should be in LA in 2011-12 also!
Without sounding too rude here, what has Campbell done to make it to the big show? Especially considering Greene, Scuderi, and Mitchell are surely all locks to make the team. He fits into that basic mold, does he not? He might potentially be called up if one of them goes down, but even then, I would think it is Muzzin's spot to lose.

markisonfire is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-18-2011, 11:39 PM
  #11
Puck U
2012 SC CHAMPIONS !
 
Puck U's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Apple Valley, CA.
Country: United States
Posts: 8,340
vCash: 500
*cough* trade bait *cough*

though at this moment I don't know what ? or think we need MUCH to really upgrade our team ... I'd like to see what we have on the Ice first before making any dumb moves we may regret later. But at some point if we don't bring them up into the NHL level as a King then we should trade them so they have a shot with another team, and more importantly before we risk losing them for nothing ... think of one BUD "Why'd you never give me a shot with at least one call up" HOLLOWAY, as well as Oscar Moller, and I can't think of them but I know there's more.

Puck U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2011, 01:47 AM
  #12
FrozenRoyalty
HFB Partner
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Country: United States
Posts: 1,391
vCash: 500
Voynov has the edge, for now, anyway

Making Do Without Doughty: Los Angeles Kings Open 2011 Training Camp

FrozenRoyalty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2011, 01:48 AM
  #13
King'sPawn
Enjoy the chaos
 
King'sPawn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 8,493
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by markisonfire View Post
Without sounding too rude here, what has Campbell done to make it to the big show? Especially considering Greene, Scuderi, and Mitchell are surely all locks to make the team. He fits into that basic mold, does he not? He might potentially be called up if one of them goes down, but even then, I would think it is Muzzin's spot to lose.
If we're speaking pure defensive prowess, Campbell is the best prospect to fill in that role.

Not that I'm advocating Campbell start the season right away, I think he could eventually take Scuderi's role in the NHL.

King'sPawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2011, 08:35 AM
  #14
kingsfan
#SutterforanOscar
 
kingsfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Manitoba, Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,732
vCash: 500
When are the first cuts in camp expected?

kingsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2011, 11:02 AM
  #15
Butch 19
King me
 
Butch 19's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Geographical Oddity
Country: United States
Posts: 9,679
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeadInjury View Post
From what I saw yesterday, Hickey wasn't looking like an NHL player. I liked what I saw of Deslauriers, but he's not close to NHL ready either.
this is obviously bad news...

Isn't Hickey getting close to his NHL-window being closed?

Butch 19 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2011, 11:16 AM
  #16
Chazz Reinhold
Registered User
 
Chazz Reinhold's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: The Stanley Cup
Country: United States
Posts: 6,982
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Butch 19 View Post
this is obviously bad news...

Isn't Hickey getting close to his NHL-window being closed?
A) Hickey looked fine, and, B) they were doing friggin' flow drills all of day 1 and controlled semi-game situation drills on day 2. How you can glean that someone didn't look like an NHL player out of that is beyond me. I specifically didn't post any detailed thoughts on the first two days because there is nothing to be gained from reading too much into the type of drills being conducted on the first two days of training camp.

Chazz Reinhold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2011, 12:28 PM
  #17
Thrice
Coyote Killer
 
Thrice's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 1,959
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chazz Reinhold View Post
A) Hickey looked fine, and, B) they were doing friggin' flow drills all of day 1 and controlled semi-game situation drills on day 2. How you can glean that someone didn't look like an NHL player out of that is beyond me. I specifically didn't post any detailed thoughts on the first two days because there is nothing to be gained from reading too much into the type of drills being conducted on the first two days of training camp.
My thoughts exactly.

Thrice is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:27 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.