HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Fantasy Hockey Talk > EA Sports NHL
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
EA Sports NHL Discussion forum for EA Sports NHL video games.

NHL 12 Be A Pro Thread

Old
09-25-2011, 11:25 AM
bottomofthefoodchain

vCash: 500
Played 9 OHL playoff games now, scoring 19 goals and 27 points so yeah.... trying the sliders for next season I think

bottomofthefoodchain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2011, 02:10 PM
Richie Daggers Crime
Fistie Daggers Crime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbara Underhill View Post
You're on All-Star or Pro? Which league?

I played with my sliders in the NHL one or two games and pass completion was like 75% for both teams.
I'm in the NHL on Pro. I didn't do the CHL, I went through the draft via the Memorial Cup tourney. Got drafted by the Avalanche 2nd overall and they kept me on the big club. So, part of it might be that I'm a 69 overall playing against Chara and Duncan Keith.

I'm gonna try out your sliders, though. See if I can get some better results.

Richie Daggers Crime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2011, 04:42 PM
wings95

How do you updates your size and weight, I am listed as a 5"8 person but would like to be taller and heavier and start in the chl. Thanks.

wings95 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2011, 04:45 PM
Barbara Underhill
Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richie Daggers Crime View Post
I'm in the NHL on Pro. I didn't do the CHL, I went through the draft via the Memorial Cup tourney. Got drafted by the Avalanche 2nd overall and they kept me on the big club. So, part of it might be that I'm a 69 overall playing against Chara and Duncan Keith.

I'm gonna try out your sliders, though. See if I can get some better results.
That very well could be, just FYI with my sliders the talent gap might be a little more pronounced. Due to the fact I set attribute effects at the max. But don't panic because that can be rectified by adjusting other sliders. I average 11 turn overs a game so I am working on fixing that. I'd say 3/4 of them are because the puck slides off my stick when I slam on the breaks or change direction. Something that shouldn't happen even at the CHL level. So I'll look into increasing puck control one click, it probably will be fine. Too much PC and you can dangle around the entire rink and not lose control so I want to avoid that.

I think the puck control is the only thing that isn't realistic still, that and maybe my shots per game. I don't know any way of improving that without just limiting myself. Ovechkin shoots a lot and still averages only 5-7 shots a game. I'd like to see mine around 4 maybe 5 because anytime the coach gives you a task to get shots early or throw everything on net on the PP it takes 3 shots to complete it.

Another thing is the speed of my player and the CPU I can't seem to get any space during breakaways but then again I think it's working as intended because my speed and acceleration attributes are probably on par with the other guys. Just have to pick my spots when the D have been out a long time.

Overall it's a pretty enjoyable experience though I like that I'm scoring goals in a variety of ways. In the last 5 or so games I sniped one top corner from the slot, scored one from about 3 feet up the boards from the goal line that went between the goalies arm and body. Put a backhand over a goalies blocker shoulder right under the bar from 3 feet, he was hugging the post as I came out of the corner as he released and slid over it sailed in it was a beauty, also scored on a weak wrister that took a funny bounce and went five hole which is what I intended on doing but it hit someones stick and bounced first which I thought was cool.

Kinda went way off course there lol, sorry about that.

Barbara Underhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2011, 04:48 PM
Barbara Underhill
Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuke

Quote:
Originally Posted by wings95 View Post
How do you updates your size and weight, I am listed as a 5"8 person but would like to be taller and heavier and start in the chl. Thanks.
Go to Be A Pro > Edit Pro > Position.

You have to edit it for each position, it's the same place you choose your equipment and put in your name.

Old
09-25-2011, 05:10 PM
wings95

Quote:
Go to Be A Pro > Edit Pro > Position.

You have to edit it for each position, it's the same place you choose your equipment and put in your name.
Thanks and I do that but it still says I am 5"8. Can't seem to get it to say anything else.

Old
09-25-2011, 05:17 PM
Barbara Underhill
Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuke

Quote:
Originally Posted by wings95 View Post
Thanks and I do that but it still says I am 5"8. Can't seem to get it to say anything else.
Ok did you change it for the position you plan on playing? I changed my centers height and weight then started up as a LW and it was wrong, had to go and edit it and start again.

That's the only reason I could see it happening.

Old
09-25-2011, 05:19 PM
wings95

I will try, Thanks.

Old
09-25-2011, 05:23 PM
Gobo
What's Your Issue?

Where's the post with all the sliders at? Gonna try em out if I have time tonight.

Gobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2011, 05:41 PM
Barbara Underhill
Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gobo View Post
Where's the post with all the sliders at? Gonna try em out if I have time tonight.
It's on page 2 of this thread, my post where I introduced my pro. There is a link to the thread I posted my sliders in.

Edit: FYI, I just now went to that thread and added the tweaks I am currently using.

Last edited by Barbara Underhill: 09-25-2011 at 06:11 PM.
Old
09-25-2011, 06:26 PM
Ski Powder
Watch out, I bite.

I love it whenever you sim to your next shift and right when you step on the ice your team gets scored on....that's gotta be the best part about this game.

Either that or how whenever my guys finally pick up the puck in our zone, they dump it around the boards to the other side where there's only one guy from the other team waiting to pick up the puck and so we continue to be hemmed in our own zone. I wouldn't mind that play if at least one of my teammates were there waiting for it but no, that would be too logical.

Ski Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2011, 07:33 PM
VinnyC
vancity, c-bus, 'peg

>Put up 1 assist in a blowout 7-2 victory, get 50 XP.
>Put up 1 goal and 3 assists in a 5-4 loss, get 20 XP. Then the coach says he won't accept any losses from me.

Yeah, okay EA.

VinnyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2011, 10:42 PM
avsfan89

Name: AJ Oran
Player type: Power Forward
Height: 6'3
Position: RW
Team: Windsor Spitfires

I'm in my draft year eligible season, I started on the first line (ovr.70) but simulations caused me to move down to the 3rd line, even though my stats lead the league in every category. I'm up on the 2nd line now but its tough getting back to that first line.

I kind of dont want to be drafted 1st overall because Phoenix is currently last in the nhl this season haha.

stats: 62 GP 97G 69A 168PTS 78PIMS 138 +/-

avsfan89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2011, 11:16 PM
Ranger35
Proud of NYR

Send a message via AIM to Ranger35
Quote:
Originally Posted by VinnyC View Post
>Put up 1 goal and 3 assists in a 5-4 loss, get 20 XP. Then the coach says he won't accept any losses from me.

Yeah, okay EA.
I hear you man, I've only been demoted to the 2nd line because of my poor 13 point in 4 games production.

Ranger35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2011, 11:19 PM
BigTuna49
RIP KevFist

vCash: 700
Quote:

Yeah, okay EA.
What was your +/- and how was your team play? If you do things that help your team play you will generally get more experience.

BigTuna49 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2011, 11:31 PM
VinnyC
vancity, c-bus, 'peg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke49 View Post
What was your +/- and how was your team play? If you do things that help your team play you will generally get more experience.
+/- was 2 (was on a goals against and other one was on a PP) and had an A- for position and A+ for Team Play. It makes little difference.

You seem to be penalized less if you lose in OT, though.

Old
09-25-2011, 11:35 PM
BigTuna49
RIP KevFist

vCash: 700
Quote:
+/- was 2 (was on a goals against and other one was on a PP) and had an A- for position and A+ for Team Play. It makes little difference.

You seem to be penalized less if you lose in OT, though.
Actually, it does. Go out and get a "C" in team play and see how you do.

BigTuna49 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2011, 11:36 PM
VinnyC
vancity, c-bus, 'peg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke49 View Post
Actually, it does. Go out and get a "C" in team play and see how you do.
Sounds... challenging.

Old
09-25-2011, 11:38 PM
avsfan89

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranger35 View Post
I hear you man, I've only been demoted to the 2nd line because of my poor 13 point in 4 games production.
It's ridiculous, I had the same thing happen to me, I'm tearing it up in my league but simulations made it seem like i was 'calling it in' according to the coach, yet I'm dominating point-wise.

Does anyone know how long it would take without simulation to move back up to the first line and improve your draft ranking to first round status?

Old
09-25-2011, 11:51 PM
Barbara Underhill
Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuke

Quote:
Originally Posted by avsfan89 View Post
It's ridiculous, I had the same thing happen to me, I'm tearing it up in my league but simulations made it seem like i was 'calling it in' according to the coach, yet I'm dominating point-wise.

Does anyone know how long it would take without simulation to move back up to the first line and improve your draft ranking to first round status?
It takes awhile. Took me 20 games or so in my first season to move up to the 1st line. If you want to sim just sim all but the last 5 minutes of the game. Saves you from getting demoted.

But remember only stats you earn playing count towards boosts unlocking.

About to start a new one as Mark Messier and I'll take it seriously using my other to test sliders. I don't like the one I'm doing now only because the commentators don't really say anything about me because I didn't assign a play by play name .

Old
09-26-2011, 12:12 AM
avsfan89

Quote:
It takes awhile. Took me 20 games or so in my first season to move up to the 1st line. If you want to sim just sim all but the last 5 minutes of the game. Saves you from getting demoted.

But remember only stats you earn playing count towards boosts unlocking.

About to start a new one as Mark Messier and I'll take it seriously using my other to test sliders. I don't like the one I'm doing now only because the commentators don't really say anything about me because I didn't assign a play by play name .
Thank you! That really helps. Also another quick question. I'm new to this BaP stuff because I usually just focus on online ranked matches and gm mode, but the season rosters havent been updated yet so I'm waiting.

Q: How do you use the Pro you're using in you're offline season for the EASHL games online? Is it possible lol I've tried a few drop in games but ended up using like a default version of my player depending on each position. I gain experience but I'd rather use the experience towards building my offline season pro lol

Old
09-26-2011, 01:58 AM
Barbara Underhill
Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuke

Quote:
Originally Posted by avsfan89 View Post
Thank you! That really helps. Also another quick question. I'm new to this BaP stuff because I usually just focus on online ranked matches and gm mode, but the season rosters havent been updated yet so I'm waiting.

Q: How do you use the Pro you're using in you're offline season for the EASHL games online? Is it possible lol I've tried a few drop in games but ended up using like a default version of my player depending on each position. I gain experience but I'd rather use the experience towards building my offline season pro lol
The stats are seperated, you can unlock boosts offline and use them online but your player growth doesn't count towards the EASHL.

Slider Update

I've had several people ask about Superstar mode and I used my sliders and upped the difficulty. Everything stayed the same as far as numbers go, except the score 1-0 and the penalties. Had a total of 9 called in this game which is a bit higher I think I've been getting 4-5 a game on All-Star. I also noticed the CPU was about twice as fast as me and they always bounced on loose pucks. I have a few ideas to even it out so I'll let you know how it goes. Going to play two more tonight one on All-Star and one on Superstar testing a few changes to both.

Update Two: I think I am right on with Superstar sliders Game Stats all looked spot on and the game play was tremendous. I had a lot of fun in the last game my Chicoutimi team (3-7-1) in last 10 against Rimouski (9-1-0). Thought we'd get smoked but I scored 2g and picked up an assist on the GWG as we beat them 5-4. I had to really try to win the game though and was surprised with my stats. Lots of variation on goals, hits, shots, and penalties. Pretty much the most realistic game I've seen in any EA NHL game in a long time.

But I'm going to test them a bit more before I post them.

Richie Daggers Crime/All-star Users

Fixed the forecheck issue, change Player acceleration for both Human/CPU to 3. I did some research and found that anything over 3 is like an insane agility boost. Which explains why the CPU team can spin away from checks and off the boards so easy. Also throw CPU aid on Hardcore and Game Speed at 3. Made a huge difference for me.

Last edited by Barbara Underhill: 09-26-2011 at 04:14 AM.
Old
09-26-2011, 04:57 AM
mightyquack
Rekordtorschütze!

Just lost 8-1 to Everitt Silvertips was only out there for 2 goals but the backup tender for us put on a 'masterclass'. Let's in the first 4 shots and gets pulled for one minute and 15 seconds and is brought back in, lets in another 4 shots off 26 shots. Masterclass. Started my guy on the youngest age it let me to get max time before the draft basically.

Name: Simon
Height: 6'0
Weight: 198lbs
Shoots: Right
Team: Kamloops Blazers
Position: Defenceman
Player Style: Offensive Defenceman
Overall: 69

Stats
GP: 5
G: 1
A: 0
P: 1
PIMS: 17 [gooned it up in the 8-1 loss]
+/-: -2
PPG: 0
SHG: 0
GWG: 0
GTG: 0
S: 17 [29 attempted]
Hits: 4
GV: 73 [was testing a new passing system ]
TK: 8

Playing on superstar difficulty on the Blazers 3rd pairing. Going to play most of the games find it more interesting for myself then.

Season expectations are
  • 34 assists
  • 48 points
  • 155 shots
  • +11

Finding it hard to set up plays, Blazers don't really have any outstanding players and we tend to get thrashed in quit a few games, going to be a tough season to grind out. Doesn't help that my defence partner is terrible, a monkey could pass better. Question do you ever get traded in BAP? In any league [CHL / AHL / NHL]

Last edited by mightyquack: 09-26-2011 at 05:04 AM.
mightyquack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2011, 05:17 AM
Ski Powder
Watch out, I bite.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightyquack View Post
Finding it hard to set up plays, Blazers don't really have any outstanding players and we tend to get thrashed in quit a few games, going to be a tough season to grind out. Doesn't help that my defence partner is terrible, a monkey could pass better. Question do you ever get traded in BAP? In any league [CHL / AHL / NHL]
In NHL 11 I was traded twice in the NHL so I'd figure they'd still have it this year.

Ski Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2011, 05:24 AM
mightyquack
Rekordtorschütze!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ski Powder View Post
In NHL 11 I was traded twice in the NHL so I'd figure they'd still have it this year.
Awesome, hopefully you can get traded in the CHL as well. I don't mind sticking with the Blazers but it would be nice to go to a contender late in the season or something

mightyquack is offline   Reply With Quote