HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Prospects
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Prospects Discuss hockey prospects from all over the world and the NHL Draft.

Mika Zibanejad or Mark Scheifele?

Old
10-01-2011, 10:22 PM
Kid Dynamite
Pro Scout

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by fizz215 View Post
in terms of immediate fantasy impact, who do you guys see making a quicker impact in the short term? as in the next 1-3 years.... i have the 4th overall prospect pick in a league that you can't really keep prospects for very long so the more immediate the better... appreciate any thoughts!
I think Zibanejad will have the quicker impact, his solid 2 way game will make it easy for coaches to give him icetime. However I bet Scheifele puts up more points in 3 years. If you have a strong roster this year go with Zibanejad imo, if you are more concerned with competing in a couple years from now Scheifele is your man imo. Overall I would take Zibanejad given your criteria.

Kid Dynamite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2011, 11:08 PM
Minister of Offence

Quote:
in terms of immediate fantasy impact, who do you guys see making a quicker impact in the short term? as in the next 1-3 years.... i have the 4th overall prospect pick in a league that you can't really keep prospects for very long so the more immediate the better... appreciate any thoughts!
Well from the Sens side, we have seen or know that:
-Mika's big enough, and he'll do more pushing then he gets pushed around
-He skates well enough, more than well enough
-He's scored a variety of goals,
-He lines up with Michalek and Alfie infront of the net mostly on what will probably start out as PP #2.
-He lines up 5 on 5 with Alfie and Michalek atm.
-It's unlikely he can become the teams top center in that time frame, if ever

For this year, if he continues to play like he has, 20 goal, 20 assist ballpark isn't out of the question at all...the opportunity could be there.

Minister of Offence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2011, 11:22 PM
Marvelous Manked
Ooh to be a Gooner

Quote:
Originally Posted by The OttoMan View Post
********. This is a total lie. Sens had him 6th and that is almost definite. I am pretty sure our draft list was something like 1) RNH, 2) Huberdeau, 3) Larsson, 4) Landeskog, 5) Strome, 6) Zibanejad. Maybe the order is off but that top 5 is pretty definite.
My fellow Sens fans have been totally embarrassing in this thread, especially since it says who would YOU pick, not where was a dude ranked... and because of the massive homerism overall.
Well what the **** do you expect? There's two options, so they are going to see like a homer automatically if they vote Zibby.

Marvelous Manked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2011, 12:24 AM
fizz215

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrokeBackBulin View Post
I think Zibanejad will have the quicker impact, his solid 2 way game will make it easy for coaches to give him icetime. However I bet Scheifele puts up more points in 3 years. If you have a strong roster this year go with Zibanejad imo, if you are more concerned with competing in a couple years from now Scheifele is your man imo. Overall I would take Zibanejad given your criteria.
thanks for the input guys... its definitely a tough call because it seems like the jets have a lot of budding stars that might blossom at the same time, like kane, burmistrov, wheeler, etc. which might bode well for scheifele.... zibanejad seems to only have alfy and michalek, both of which hit their prime long ago... im leaning to scheifele just given the complementary players around him and with winnipeg being so excited about him, he might be given a good chance at being the face of the franchise.

fizz215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2011, 01:35 AM
wubwubwubwub
What, Me Worry?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manked View Post
Well what the **** do you expect? There's two options, so they are going to see like a homer automatically if they vote Zibby.
People at the beginning were being homerish. I'd say besides that first litte bit its been a very good thread.

wubwubwubwub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2011, 02:15 PM
aqsw
PM

vCash: 400
Well it's settled!

Scheifele was taken 7th in our amateur draft last night(13 teams). I had to settle for Zibanejad at 19th pick.

Oh, I forgot to tell you I'm from Winnipeg.

aqsw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2011, 03:11 PM
4thliner*

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrokeBackBulin View Post
Players with high motor, determination and grit to go along with skill are worth their weight in gold IMO. Mika has that and then some to go along with size and great speed. All the ingredients for a great player.

Also, I would rather have in 3 years time when a rebuilding team is ready for the playoffs a top player than thrives in intense situations and high tempo game.

Hockey is not all about goals and assists, they are a big part, but other areas of impact in the game makes players great and puts you over the top.

Quote:
thanks for the input guys... its definitely a tough call because it seems like the jets have a lot of budding stars that might blossom at the same time, like kane, burmistrov, wheeler, etc. which might bode well for scheifele.... zibanejad seems to only have alfy and michalek, both of which hit their prime long ago... im leaning to scheifele just given the complementary players around him and with winnipeg being so excited about him, he might be given a good chance at being the face of the franchise.
What happened to Spezza?

Michalek is just entering his prime at 26.

But I agree that Jets have a number of forwards around Scheifle's age group who can develop to elite status. Specially wingers I am talking about him being a play-making C.

Last edited by Habsfan18: 10-02-2011 at 03:21 PM. Reason: merged
4thliner* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2011, 03:17 PM
AugustBurnsRed*
Invisible Calls

I'm not sure Zibanejad is that much better than Scheifele defensively.

or, I'm not sure he will end up better, at least.

Last edited by Habsfan18: 10-02-2011 at 03:22 PM. Reason: merged
AugustBurnsRed* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2011, 03:20 PM
4thliner*

No one is sure of anything at this point.

Lets reconvene @ the 10 game mark of the season and beyond.

4thliner* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2011, 03:22 PM
AugustBurnsRed*
Invisible Calls

Some seem like it.

AugustBurnsRed* is offline   Reply With Quote