HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

2011-2012 Rangers Prospects Thread (Juniors, College, International, Other) *Part 2*

Closed Thread

Old
10-02-2011, 08:10 PM
N9Y4R
Bleed Blue

vCash: 500
Player stats on first page.

Old
10-02-2011, 08:10 PM
Clowes Line
Cally's Chicken Parm

Quote:
Originally Posted by N9Y4R View Post
Player stats on first page.
Oh, thanks.

10-02-2011, 08:12 PM
Clowes Line
Cally's Chicken Parm

Wow, McColgan with 3 assists in one game played, and Miller with a goal and 3 assists in 3 games. I'm really excited about these two.

Old
10-03-2011, 07:42 AM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by HagelinForPresident View Post
Oh, thanks.
Yeah I update the kids' stats on page one of the thread. It's therapeutic for me, an escape each night from work and the nagging of my better half.

It's just pain.
Old
10-03-2011, 07:58 AM
NYR Viper

Interesting Noreau has 2 assists in 3 games played. Good offensive start for the big kid.

Old
10-03-2011, 08:11 AM
Revelation
Reanimated

Thanks for the update nyr2k2!

Out of our 2011 class, I'm really excited about Miller, McColgan, and Fogarty.

Fogarty is an especially interesting prospect. Not only did we essentially get him for Grachev, but it seems like his ceiling is completely unknown right now. Does anyone know what kind of numbers we should be looking for him to put up in the BCHL?

McColgan is the kind of player that you love to see succeed, and I certainly hope he does. Watching him at TC was a treat, especially when he dropped the gloves with a much bigger man defending Christian Thomas.

As for Miller, I really hope he develops his offense. It's pretty obvious that he could be a bottom 6 player in the NHL right now, and he has a ton of room to grow.

Noreau also impressed me at TC. He looked very polished for a 5th rounder in his draft year. He probably doesn't have a ton of upside, but he definitely looks like he has the tools to be a solid bottom pairing guy if he develops properly. You really can't ask for much more from a 5th round pick.

Old
10-03-2011, 08:15 AM
NYR Viper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revelation View Post
Thanks for the update nyr2k2!

Out of our 2011 class, I'm really excited about Miller, McColgan, and Fogarty.

Fogarty is an especially interesting prospect. Not only did we essentially get him for Grachev, but it seems like his ceiling is completely unknown right now. Does anyone know what kind of numbers we should be looking for him to put up in the BCHL?

McColgan is the kind of player that you love to see succeed, and I certainly hope he does. Watching him at TC was a treat, especially when he dropped the gloves with a much bigger man defending Christian Thomas.

As for Miller, I really hope he develops his offense. It's pretty obvious that he could be a bottom 6 player in the NHL right now, and he has a ton of room to grow.

Noreau also impressed me at TC. He looked very polished for a 5th rounder in his draft year. He probably doesn't have a ton of upside, but he definitely looks like he has the tools to be a solid bottom pairing guy if he develops properly. You really can't ask for much more from a 5th round pick.
On Fogarty:

I would say that by looking at Zajac's point totals in that league (http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/p....php?pid=69006), maybe something along the lines of 1.25-1.5 ppg would be excellent for him.

McColgan:

I still think he will turn out to be the steal of the draft for the Rangers. He has legitimate offensive skills with a motor that doesn't quit. He should have gone MUCH higher than he did and I think he will probably come close to 100 points this season. He has that kind of offensive potential.

Old
10-03-2011, 08:27 AM
Revelation
Reanimated

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Boyler87 View Post
On Fogarty:

I would say that by looking at Zajac's point totals in that league (http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/p....php?pid=69006), maybe something along the lines of 1.25-1.5 ppg would be excellent for him.

McColgan:

I still think he will turn out to be the steal of the draft for the Rangers. He has legitimate offensive skills with a motor that doesn't quit. He should have gone MUCH higher than he did and I think he will probably come close to 100 points this season. He has that kind of offensive potential.
I did the exact same thing regarding Zajac. I remembered someone saying that he did a couple seasons in the BCHL, so I hockeydb'ed his stats. Is Fogarty planning on playing more than 1 season in the BCHL? I know he's playing there to preserve his NCAA eligibility.

Agreed on McColgan. People here were saying he could be a steal from the moment we drafted him. Not being very informed on junior players, I didn't have an opinion. But after seeing him at TC, I would have to agree. It's obvious that he has skill, but his relentlessness on the puck reminds me of Callahan. If he can become anything close to what Callahan is, man what a steal that would be.

Old
10-03-2011, 09:57 AM
NYR Viper

Quote:
I did the exact same thing regarding Zajac. I remembered someone saying that he did a couple seasons in the BCHL, so I hockeydb'ed his stats. Is Fogarty planning on playing more than 1 season in the BCHL? I know he's playing there to preserve his NCAA eligibility.

Agreed on McColgan. People here were saying he could be a steal from the moment we drafted him. Not being very informed on junior players, I didn't have an opinion. But after seeing him at TC, I would have to agree. It's obvious that he has skill, but his relentlessness on the puck reminds me of Callahan. If he can become anything close to what Callahan is, man what a steal that would be.
Fogarty plans on playing only one season in the BCHL. The difference is that Zajac played the year before and the year after he was drafted. I believe he plan on attending Notre Dame next Fall.

I hope people realize that and don't expect him to put up ~2 ppg. It's more difficult for a player new to a league to dominate like that.

Old
10-03-2011, 10:05 AM
Clowes Line
Cally's Chicken Parm

I think Fogarty is playing one year in BCHL and then attending Notre Dame, no?

Old
10-03-2011, 10:06 AM
Trxjw
Bored.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HagelinForPresident View Post
I think Fogarty is playing one year in BCHL and then attending Notre Dame, no?
Correct.

Old
10-03-2011, 10:10 AM
Clowes Line
Cally's Chicken Parm

So this means I'm gonna have to be a BC fan this year and then switch to the Irish next year... At least their both Catholic schools, it makes the transition easer

Old
10-03-2011, 10:24 AM
Trxjw
Bored.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Boyler87 View Post
Fogarty plans on playing only one season in the BCHL. The difference is that Zajac played the year before and the year after he was drafted. I believe he plan on attending Notre Dame next Fall.

I hope people realize that and don't expect him to put up ~2 ppg. It's more difficult for a player new to a league to dominate like that.
Not to mention Fogarty is extremely raw. I'm actually a little surprised he's having so much success early on, but it just goes to show what kind of tools the kid has at his disposal. Vision, hockey IQ, grit and scoring ability all packaged in a guy who is already 6'3 and close to 200lbs.

Definitely top-6 potential here. I really hope the organization views him as a guy we can be patient with even as guys like Stepan and Anisimov grow in to a bigger role. I'd hate to see him end up as trade fodder down the line because he could be an absolute force in the offensive zone.

Old
10-03-2011, 10:53 AM
Beacon
Sent to HF Minors

Quote:

I said this before he was drafted. Look up the draft thread a couple days before the draft where I said that he deserves to go in the second round.

Old
10-03-2011, 11:12 AM
GAGLine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trxjw View Post
Not to mention Fogarty is extremely raw. I'm actually a little surprised he's having so much success early on, but it just goes to show what kind of tools the kid has at his disposal. Vision, hockey IQ, grit and scoring ability all packaged in a guy who is already 6'3 and close to 200lbs.

Definitely top-6 potential here. I really hope the organization views him as a guy we can be patient with even as guys like Stepan and Anisimov grow in to a bigger role. I'd hate to see him end up as trade fodder down the line because he could be an absolute force in the offensive zone.
I doubt the Rangers would rush him. Their track record with NCAA players is pretty good. They aren't one of those teams that gets pissed off (at least publicly) when a prospect stays in college longer than they'd hoped.

If we have to sign him after his junior year, then maybe it does become problematic. Not sure about that though. The CBA isn't entirely clear on the subject.

Old
10-03-2011, 10:37 PM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

Awards:
Should I track the players on AHL deals that are sent to the ECHL? And should I do it here or in the AHL thread? Maybe I make the AHL thread a combined AHL/ECHL thread?

Tell me what you guys think. Does anyone even care?

Old
10-03-2011, 10:40 PM
we want cup
We do not Sow

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyr2k2 View Post
Should I track the players on AHL deals that are sent to the ECHL? And should I do it here or in the AHL thread? Maybe I make the AHL thread a combined AHL/ECHL thread?

Probably belongs more in the AHL thread, just because it's also a pro league. That'd be my thinking anyway.

And while it would be nice to have, you're already doing enough with these that I don't think anyone would be too upset if you neglected the ECHL.

RANGERS =
Old
10-03-2011, 10:48 PM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

Awards:
That's what I thought as well, in terms of the pro league stuff.

If anyone wants to take over the AHL thread, I'd be cool with that...

Old
10-03-2011, 11:17 PM
Beacon
Sent to HF Minors

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyr2k2 View Post

AHL thread, definitely.

Old
10-04-2011, 12:16 PM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

Send a message via AIM to Bird Law
Quote:
Originally Posted by msv957 View Post
JT Miller has a great chance to play in the WJC this year.
Miller is a lock to play in the WJCs.

"Okay, Joel. You've had your fun. Give your brother his pads back." - Trxjw
Old
10-04-2011, 12:27 PM
wolfgaze
Interesting Cat

Any Swedes on here that can tell us anything about Jesper Fasth's injury status?

Old
10-04-2011, 01:28 PM
Hockeyfrilla

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfgaze View Post
Any Swedes on here that can tell us anything about Jesper Fasth's injury status?
Hes playing today, 1+1 so far.

Old
10-04-2011, 01:29 PM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeyfrilla View Post
Hes playing today, 1+1 so far.
Well that was a FASTH recovery.

Get it guys? get it?

Old