HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

2011-2012 Rangers Prospects Thread (Juniors, College, International, Other) *Part 2*

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
10-02-2011, 08:10 PM
  #176
N9Y4R
Bleed Blue
 
N9Y4R's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: The Gold Coast
Country: United States
Posts: 936
vCash: 500
Player stats on first page.

N9Y4R is offline  
Old
10-02-2011, 08:10 PM
  #177
Clowes Line
Cally's Chicken Parm
 
Clowes Line's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: New Yawk
Country: United States
Posts: 12,544
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by N9Y4R View Post
Player stats on first page.
Oh, thanks.

__________________
Jaime Lannister has better hands than Brian Boyle.
Clowes Line is offline  
Old
10-02-2011, 08:12 PM
  #178
Clowes Line
Cally's Chicken Parm
 
Clowes Line's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: New Yawk
Country: United States
Posts: 12,544
vCash: 500
Wow, McColgan with 3 assists in one game played, and Miller with a goal and 3 assists in 3 games. I'm really excited about these two.

Clowes Line is offline  
Old
10-03-2011, 07:42 AM
  #179
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him
 
nyr2k2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Washington, DC
Country: United States
Posts: 22,314
vCash: 500
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by HagelinForPresident View Post
Oh, thanks.
Yeah I update the kids' stats on page one of the thread. It's therapeutic for me, an escape each night from work and the nagging of my better half.

__________________

It's just pain.
nyr2k2 is offline  
Old
10-03-2011, 07:58 AM
  #180
NYR Viper
Moderator
 
NYR Viper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: PA
Country: United States
Posts: 27,287
vCash: 500
Interesting Noreau has 2 assists in 3 games played. Good offensive start for the big kid.

NYR Viper is online now  
Old
10-03-2011, 08:11 AM
  #181
Revelation
Reanimated
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Dirty South
Country: United States
Posts: 1,480
vCash: 500
Thanks for the update nyr2k2!

Out of our 2011 class, I'm really excited about Miller, McColgan, and Fogarty.

Fogarty is an especially interesting prospect. Not only did we essentially get him for Grachev, but it seems like his ceiling is completely unknown right now. Does anyone know what kind of numbers we should be looking for him to put up in the BCHL?

McColgan is the kind of player that you love to see succeed, and I certainly hope he does. Watching him at TC was a treat, especially when he dropped the gloves with a much bigger man defending Christian Thomas.

As for Miller, I really hope he develops his offense. It's pretty obvious that he could be a bottom 6 player in the NHL right now, and he has a ton of room to grow.

Noreau also impressed me at TC. He looked very polished for a 5th rounder in his draft year. He probably doesn't have a ton of upside, but he definitely looks like he has the tools to be a solid bottom pairing guy if he develops properly. You really can't ask for much more from a 5th round pick.

Revelation is online now  
Old
10-03-2011, 08:15 AM
  #182
NYR Viper
Moderator
 
NYR Viper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: PA
Country: United States
Posts: 27,287
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Revelation View Post
Thanks for the update nyr2k2!

Out of our 2011 class, I'm really excited about Miller, McColgan, and Fogarty.

Fogarty is an especially interesting prospect. Not only did we essentially get him for Grachev, but it seems like his ceiling is completely unknown right now. Does anyone know what kind of numbers we should be looking for him to put up in the BCHL?

McColgan is the kind of player that you love to see succeed, and I certainly hope he does. Watching him at TC was a treat, especially when he dropped the gloves with a much bigger man defending Christian Thomas.

As for Miller, I really hope he develops his offense. It's pretty obvious that he could be a bottom 6 player in the NHL right now, and he has a ton of room to grow.

Noreau also impressed me at TC. He looked very polished for a 5th rounder in his draft year. He probably doesn't have a ton of upside, but he definitely looks like he has the tools to be a solid bottom pairing guy if he develops properly. You really can't ask for much more from a 5th round pick.
On Fogarty:

I would say that by looking at Zajac's point totals in that league (http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/p....php?pid=69006), maybe something along the lines of 1.25-1.5 ppg would be excellent for him.

McColgan:

I still think he will turn out to be the steal of the draft for the Rangers. He has legitimate offensive skills with a motor that doesn't quit. He should have gone MUCH higher than he did and I think he will probably come close to 100 points this season. He has that kind of offensive potential.

NYR Viper is online now  
Old
10-03-2011, 08:27 AM
  #183
Revelation
Reanimated
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Dirty South
Country: United States
Posts: 1,480
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Boyler87 View Post
On Fogarty:

I would say that by looking at Zajac's point totals in that league (http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/p....php?pid=69006), maybe something along the lines of 1.25-1.5 ppg would be excellent for him.

McColgan:

I still think he will turn out to be the steal of the draft for the Rangers. He has legitimate offensive skills with a motor that doesn't quit. He should have gone MUCH higher than he did and I think he will probably come close to 100 points this season. He has that kind of offensive potential.
I did the exact same thing regarding Zajac. I remembered someone saying that he did a couple seasons in the BCHL, so I hockeydb'ed his stats. Is Fogarty planning on playing more than 1 season in the BCHL? I know he's playing there to preserve his NCAA eligibility.

Agreed on McColgan. People here were saying he could be a steal from the moment we drafted him. Not being very informed on junior players, I didn't have an opinion. But after seeing him at TC, I would have to agree. It's obvious that he has skill, but his relentlessness on the puck reminds me of Callahan. If he can become anything close to what Callahan is, man what a steal that would be.

Revelation is online now  
Old
10-03-2011, 09:57 AM
  #184
NYR Viper
Moderator
 
NYR Viper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: PA
Country: United States
Posts: 27,287
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Revelation View Post
I did the exact same thing regarding Zajac. I remembered someone saying that he did a couple seasons in the BCHL, so I hockeydb'ed his stats. Is Fogarty planning on playing more than 1 season in the BCHL? I know he's playing there to preserve his NCAA eligibility.

Agreed on McColgan. People here were saying he could be a steal from the moment we drafted him. Not being very informed on junior players, I didn't have an opinion. But after seeing him at TC, I would have to agree. It's obvious that he has skill, but his relentlessness on the puck reminds me of Callahan. If he can become anything close to what Callahan is, man what a steal that would be.
Fogarty plans on playing only one season in the BCHL. The difference is that Zajac played the year before and the year after he was drafted. I believe he plan on attending Notre Dame next Fall.

I hope people realize that and don't expect him to put up ~2 ppg. It's more difficult for a player new to a league to dominate like that.

NYR Viper is online now  
Old
10-03-2011, 10:05 AM
  #185
Clowes Line
Cally's Chicken Parm
 
Clowes Line's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: New Yawk
Country: United States
Posts: 12,544
vCash: 500
I think Fogarty is playing one year in BCHL and then attending Notre Dame, no?

Clowes Line is offline  
Old
10-03-2011, 10:06 AM
  #186
Trxjw
Moderator
Bored.
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Land of no calls..
Country: United States
Posts: 15,792
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HagelinForPresident View Post
I think Fogarty is playing one year in BCHL and then attending Notre Dame, no?
Correct.

Trxjw is offline  
Old
10-03-2011, 10:10 AM
  #187
Clowes Line
Cally's Chicken Parm
 
Clowes Line's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: New Yawk
Country: United States
Posts: 12,544
vCash: 500
So this means I'm gonna have to be a BC fan this year and then switch to the Irish next year... At least their both Catholic schools, it makes the transition easer

Clowes Line is offline  
Old
10-03-2011, 10:24 AM
  #188
Trxjw
Moderator
Bored.
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Land of no calls..
Country: United States
Posts: 15,792
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Boyler87 View Post
Fogarty plans on playing only one season in the BCHL. The difference is that Zajac played the year before and the year after he was drafted. I believe he plan on attending Notre Dame next Fall.

I hope people realize that and don't expect him to put up ~2 ppg. It's more difficult for a player new to a league to dominate like that.
Not to mention Fogarty is extremely raw. I'm actually a little surprised he's having so much success early on, but it just goes to show what kind of tools the kid has at his disposal. Vision, hockey IQ, grit and scoring ability all packaged in a guy who is already 6'3 and close to 200lbs.

Definitely top-6 potential here. I really hope the organization views him as a guy we can be patient with even as guys like Stepan and Anisimov grow in to a bigger role. I'd hate to see him end up as trade fodder down the line because he could be an absolute force in the offensive zone.

Trxjw is offline  
Old
10-03-2011, 10:53 AM
  #189
Beacon
Sent to HF Minors
 
Beacon's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Country: United States
Posts: 7,562
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Revelation View Post
Agreed on McColgan. People here were saying he could be a steal from the moment we drafted him. Not being very informed on junior players, I didn't have an opinion. But after seeing him at TC, I would have to agree. It's obvious that he has skill, but his relentlessness on the puck reminds me of Callahan. If he can become anything close to what Callahan is, man what a steal that would be.

I said this before he was drafted. Look up the draft thread a couple days before the draft where I said that he deserves to go in the second round.

Beacon is offline  
Old
10-03-2011, 11:12 AM
  #190
GAGLine
Registered User
 
GAGLine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 8,571
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trxjw View Post
Not to mention Fogarty is extremely raw. I'm actually a little surprised he's having so much success early on, but it just goes to show what kind of tools the kid has at his disposal. Vision, hockey IQ, grit and scoring ability all packaged in a guy who is already 6'3 and close to 200lbs.

Definitely top-6 potential here. I really hope the organization views him as a guy we can be patient with even as guys like Stepan and Anisimov grow in to a bigger role. I'd hate to see him end up as trade fodder down the line because he could be an absolute force in the offensive zone.
I doubt the Rangers would rush him. Their track record with NCAA players is pretty good. They aren't one of those teams that gets pissed off (at least publicly) when a prospect stays in college longer than they'd hoped.

If we have to sign him after his junior year, then maybe it does become problematic. Not sure about that though. The CBA isn't entirely clear on the subject.

GAGLine is offline  
Old
10-03-2011, 10:37 PM
  #191
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him
 
nyr2k2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Washington, DC
Country: United States
Posts: 22,314
vCash: 500
Awards:
Should I track the players on AHL deals that are sent to the ECHL? And should I do it here or in the AHL thread? Maybe I make the AHL thread a combined AHL/ECHL thread?

Tell me what you guys think. Does anyone even care?

nyr2k2 is offline  
Old
10-03-2011, 10:40 PM
  #192
we want cup
We do not Sow
 
we want cup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: New York City
Country: United States
Posts: 10,509
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyr2k2 View Post
Should I track the players on AHL deals that are sent to the ECHL? And should I do it here or in the AHL thread? Maybe I make the AHL thread a combined AHL/ECHL thread?

Tell me what you guys think. Does anyone even care?
Probably belongs more in the AHL thread, just because it's also a pro league. That'd be my thinking anyway.

And while it would be nice to have, you're already doing enough with these that I don't think anyone would be too upset if you neglected the ECHL.

__________________

RANGERS =
we want cup is offline  
Old
10-03-2011, 10:48 PM
  #193
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him
 
nyr2k2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Washington, DC
Country: United States
Posts: 22,314
vCash: 500
Awards:
That's what I thought as well, in terms of the pro league stuff.

If anyone wants to take over the AHL thread, I'd be cool with that...

nyr2k2 is offline  
Old
10-03-2011, 11:17 PM
  #194
Beacon
Sent to HF Minors
 
Beacon's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Country: United States
Posts: 7,562
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyr2k2 View Post
Should I track the players on AHL deals that are sent to the ECHL? And should I do it here or in the AHL thread? Maybe I make the AHL thread a combined AHL/ECHL thread?

Tell me what you guys think. Does anyone even care?

AHL thread, definitely.

Beacon is offline  
Old
10-04-2011, 12:16 PM
  #195
Bird Law
Daisy's back.
 
Bird Law's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: NoVA / NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 67,600
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Bird Law
Quote:
Originally Posted by msv957 View Post
JT Miller has a great chance to play in the WJC this year.
Miller is a lock to play in the WJCs.

__________________
"Of course giving Sather cap space is like giving teenagers whiskey and car keys." - SBOB
"Watching Sather build a team is like watching a blind man with no fingers trying to put together an elaborate puzzle." - Shadowtron
Sestito still on the make a wish tour. - rholt168
"Okay, Joel. You've had your fun. Give your brother his pads back." - Trxjw
Bird Law is online now  
Old
10-04-2011, 12:27 PM
  #196
wolfgaze
Interesting Cat
 
wolfgaze's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 11,981
vCash: 500
Any Swedes on here that can tell us anything about Jesper Fasth's injury status?

wolfgaze is offline  
Old
10-04-2011, 01:28 PM
  #197
Hockeyfrilla
Registered User
 
Hockeyfrilla's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Country: Sweden
Posts: 2,490
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfgaze View Post
Any Swedes on here that can tell us anything about Jesper Fasth's injury status?
Hes playing today, 1+1 so far.

Hockeyfrilla is offline  
Old
10-04-2011, 01:29 PM
  #198
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash
 
BlueshirtBlitz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: New York
Posts: 17,618
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeyfrilla View Post
Hes playing today, 1+1 so far.
Well that was a FASTH recovery.

Get it guys? get it?

BlueshirtBlitz is offline  
Old
10-04-2011, 01:37 PM
  #199
wolfgaze
Interesting Cat
 
wolfgaze's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 11,981
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeyfrilla View Post
Hes playing today, 1+1 so far.
Excellent, thanks for the update!

wolfgaze is offline  
Old
10-04-2011, 01:46 PM
  #200
Inferno
HFB Partner
 
Inferno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Atlanta, GA
Country: United States
Posts: 19,044
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueshirtBlitz View Post
Well that was a FASTH recovery.

Get it guys? get it?

Inferno is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:35 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.