HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Next year draft rankings

Closed Thread

Old
08-21-2004, 03:30 PM
TheZherdev

vCash: 500
Next year draft rankings

Can any of you guys give me wat u think are gonna be the top 10 players in the draft next year and a small description of each of them?

Example:
1. Crosby-Forward-Posses unstoppable offesnive talents

Old
08-21-2004, 08:04 PM
AG9NK35DT8*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackburn2727
Can any of you guys give me wat u think are gonna be the top 10 players in the draft next year and a small description of each of them?

Example:
1. Crosby-Forward-Posses unstoppable offesnive talents

well if u go to the other parts of the board ( like the poll part or prospetcs part there is plenty of info )there is plenty of information on the draft they got like 50 or so guys that will be picked and they put them in order by who they think will go first and so on. or just look for it your self its not that hard if u have aol or can get on some internet system like yahoo or google or something.. type in something along the lines of "2005 NHL draft prospects"<~~~~~ think that would work, no need for u to come and start a thread to get some one to do something u can do your self? right

also good to see alot of north american playes, i wish nyr build on north american players , instead seemingly so high on europeans. dont get me wrong but look at ottawa builkt mainly euro and it dont give u what a team of N.A guys could thats just imo

all quotes by X-Sharkie
i guess you are helpless os im always willling to help the needy. i got this off the sanjosesharks board ( what i pasted below was a quote made by X-SHARKIE) , figured i would let u guys know, dont like to steal the words out of someones mouth to make my self look good.X-Sharkie posts alot i notice and seems to be very knowledgeable.
Ok here our my thoughts on the draft, I havent seen a handfull of these players, but I have a friend that was able to attend the U-18 camp and tournament this past month. Here is my very premature top 30, I mean, when I look at my top 30 last year, it was easy to see that you can't get a good read on the draft untill the year goes by. Any who here our some thoughts and answers.

1. F Sidney Crosby (QMJHL)
2. F Gilbert Brule (WHL)
3. D Vitaly Anikeenko ( RUSSIA)
4. F Guillaume Latendresse (QMJHL)
5. D Jakub Kindl (CZECH)
6. F Daniel Bertram (NCAA)
7. D Jack Johnson (USNTDP) = comparison to leetch, nice to see leetchies play was and is noticed byu some, obviously the kid has potentila to be a 1-2 pairing, maybe if nyur finishes off better than we think and finish around 6 again they could take the kid johnson.<~~~AG9 quote
8. D Teemu Lakkso (FINLAND)
9. G Tuukka Rask (FINDLAND)
10. F Andrew Cogliano (OPJHL)
11. F Chris Durand (WHL)
12. G J.P. Levasseur (QMJHL)
13. D Jakub Vojta (CZECH)
14. F Devin Setoguchi (WHL)
15. F Bobby Ryan (OHL)
16. F Chris Gawlick (GERMANY)
17. F Gennady Churilov (RUSSIA)
18. F Niklas Bergfors (SWEDEN)
19. D Marc Staal (OHL)
20. F Marek Zagrapan (SLOVAKIA)
21. G Ryan Mior (QMJHL)
22. D Vyacheslav Buravchikov (RUSSIA)
23. D Matt Lahoff (OHL)
24. F Alex Bourret (QMJHL)
25. F Denis Istomin (RUSSIA)
26. F Ryan O'Marra (OHL)
27. F Daniel Ryder (OHL)
28. D J.P. Paquet (SHAWINGIAN)
29. D Ryan Wilson (OHL)
30. D Risto Korhonen (FINLAND)

Although....J.P. Levasseur, who really reminds me alot of Marc-Andre Fleury, wasn't even selected to Canada's U-18 team. Carey Price played over him and Ryan Mior.... Word is that Carey Price was the best goaltender of the tournament. But from what i've seen Tuukka Rask and Levasseur look like two of the top goalies in the draft.

Top 3 defensman. Vitaly Anikeenko has all the skill and is one of the most talented Russian defensman in quite awhile. But he seems very very inconsistant and I could see him falling. I have personally played with Jack Johnson over the summer, and really see the talent, in fact he impressed me more then Phil Kessel. Although that was durring scrimages, were Johnson looks like a Brian Leetch almost...Just so smooth, competive, offensive threat yet he's very smart and a work horse in his own zone.
Jakub Kindl is a big guy, 6-3 200 pounds, so he's got the size, and he's insanely skilled, I could see him being the 2nd overall pick with a good year. Another very talented Czech defensman is likely going to be top 15, Jakub Vojta. But I wouldnt put him in Kindl's class.
Finland has a big, skilled, physical defensman who I just havent seen yet, or I would put him with the top from what i've heard, he's right up there, Teemu Lakkso.

My best bet to be the next Drew Stafford, would be either Ryan O'Marra or Devin Setoguchi...although Setoguchi has the skill to actually be a top 5 pick. But both play a big physical game...O'Marra may have the edge on Stafford as well on the skill department.

Aside from Sidney Crosby, If I had to predict two players who I would think well be the best players when their respective NHL careers are said and done it would be...
Andrew Cogliano followed by Guillaume Latendresse.

I think Cogliano may be the biggest difference maker in next years draft aside from Crosby and could be a franchise cornerstone...I'm that high on him. He's the fastest prospect i've seen in awhile. Amazing amazing speed. He's also elite in all skating aspects, not just straite speed, his acceleration is really somthing as well. Elite vision, a deft play maker on the ice, just simply put, amazing/elite skill.
He's also arguably the best sniper of the draft. He has a hard and accurate shot, plus all of his shots are deadly. Slap shot, back hand, wrist shot, he really can put it anywhere he wants and hard. Awesome in the offensive zone. A pure talent that well make fans want to pay to see him. I think he'll go top 5 overall when it's said and done. He would be the 2nd best prospect if it wasnt for his shaky stickhandling.

Guillaume Latendresse really reminds me alot of Sharks prospect Steve Bernier. Both are very calm, very poised, very smart, big big skilled forewards who go very hard to the net. Guillaume has a real shot at being the next Todd Bertuzzi.

Any specific questions....Just ask or pm me.

Hockeycrazed also knows/sees prospects. I respect his opinion, since he did call out Milan Michalek, Anthony Stewart, Evgeni Malkin, three players who I really like as well. He really seems to pick out some great players from the draft crop

Last edited by AG9NK35DT8: 08-22-2004 at 12:11 AM.
Old
08-22-2004, 12:12 AM
AG9NK35DT8*

blackburn there is your info

Old
08-22-2004, 12:20 AM
TheZherdev

thanks for the info

Old
08-22-2004, 01:24 AM
ECL
Very slippery slope

Send a message via AIM to ECL
Casey Price will be lucky to go first/second round let alone ahead of JP.

Old
08-22-2004, 01:25 AM
ECL
Very slippery slope

And in terms of skating, Bertram >> Cogliano. And that's saying a lot since Cog is a great skater.

But Bertram, IMO, is the best skater in the entire draft. And I don't think many would dispute that at all.

I see Setoguchi rising to top 7. Most will criticize it, but he has the skills.

Old
08-22-2004, 01:27 AM
Bure9*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reveille
Casey Price will be lucky to go first/second round let alone ahead of JP.
Some people are saying that Daniel Bertram is more talented than Brule. Got anything on him?

Old
08-22-2004, 01:29 AM
ECL
Very slippery slope

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bure9
Some people are saying that Daniel Bertram is more talented than Brule. Got anything on him?
I don't thin he's more talented. I think they're about equal, really. I had Bertram as my #4 before the draft and I was told I knew nothign (even after seeing BOTH).

Yes, he's damn good. I think they're about equal, but Brule will get MUCH more exposure. And if he opens up his game he'll go higher. Mainly because, IMO, he's a bit of a safer prospect.

Old
08-23-2004, 04:42 AM
Edge
Kris King's Ghost

Brule was a kid who impressed me a lot this season. The biggest knock on him at the moment is size, but he could finish around the 6'0 mark when all is said and done. He plays with a great effort and won't let bigger guys intimidate him. The thing i loved the most about him was that he'd get hit and then go right back out there.

Cogliano is probably the most natural scorer outside of Crosby.

Johnson is going to be getting the most attention of any prospect from me this upcoming year. I am very interested in seeing his development. Might be the best offensive defenseman prospect from the US since Berard.

Closed Thread