HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Ranger Possible trades or F.As...

Closed Thread

Old
08-16-2004, 08:18 PM
NYRfan68

vCash: 500
Ranger Possible trades or F.As...

What do fans think the should do...
Personally all I think they need to do is fix there LW... two of Rucinsky, McAmmond, Stillman...

I think the rangers should maybe pull a trade for a solid stay at home dman...but one who will work with the youths...

Klemm, Jussi Jokinen, 2nd Round pick, 4th Round pick
for
Rachunek, Henrik Lundqvist, 3rd Round pick, Patrick Aufiero
...unlikely yes but a fairly good trade yes
or

this is a bit if a stretch...

Derian Hatcher
Hudler
for

Rachunek
Lundqvist
2nd Round Pick
Purinton
(if not enough Dominic Moore)

breakdown

Top Dman and Potential top centre
Young Dman, Potential franchise goalie... high pick in deep draft, Tough Guy, and possibly a 2nd line centre.

seems fair. Hatcher would play with Tyutin and Hudler would take the #1 centre spot in a few years...

it would be very good for young tyutin...

Detroit gets a good pick, Young Dman, Tough Guy but most importantly a franchise goalie who can take the reins after CUJO goes...

Old
08-16-2004, 09:04 PM
Kubera55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rancid
Personally all I think they need to do is fix there LW... two of Rucinsky, McAmmond, Stillman...

I think the rangers should maybe pull a trade for a solid stay at home dman...but one who will work with the youths...

Klemm, Jussi Jokinen, 2nd Round pick, 4th Round pick
for
Rachunek, Henrik Lundqvist, 3rd Round pick, Patrick Aufiero
...unlikely yes but a fairly good trade yes
or

this is a bit if a stretch...

Derian Hatcher
Hudler
for

Rachunek
Lundqvist
2nd Round Pick
Purinton
(if not enough Dominic Moore)

breakdown

Top Dman and Potential top centre
Young Dman, Potential franchise goalie... high pick in deep draft, Tough Guy, and possibly a 2nd line centre.

seems fair. Hatcher would play with Tyutin and Hudler would take the #1 centre spot in a few years...

it would be very good for young tyutin...

Detroit gets a good pick, Young Dman, Tough Guy but most importantly a franchise goalie who can take the reins after CUJO goes...
1) Patrick Aufiero is basically done. Injuries have completely derailed his career, as he's missed substantial portions of the last two seasons with serious concussions. So I wouldn't be including him in any trades these days... too bad. He was a good kid.

2) The Detroit trade is pretty ugly if you ask me. Hatcher is 32, coming off a big knee injury and a lousy season. He makes what, $6 million a year for another 3-4 years? His value is pretty negative, unless Detroit takes back a big money player int he deal (Kaspar would make a lot of sense).

Meanwhile you have the Rangers throwing a lot of youth Detroits way, basically for a Kaspar upgrade with an injury history and a solid but less-than-stunning prospect.

Frankly, if I were going to deal for Hatcher, it'd look a lot more like:

DET:
Hatcher

NYR:
Kaspar
2nd round pick (late one, PHI or TOR)

Detroit gets out from under about 2 mill a year. They get a pick, and they get a player who can take over for much of Hatcher's minutes.... Maybe I'd throw them a bone and toss in a b-level prospect like Lampman. But that'd be it. They wouldn't touch Lundqvist or Rachunek unless they wanted to talk about Jiri Fischer..... of course, that's just one man's opinion.

Old
08-16-2004, 09:22 PM
rnyquist

sorry but both trades are awful,

the first is way too damn lopsided. It seems like your not a fan of Rachunek or Lundqvist so you try and ship them off for either old players or old expensive players and so-so prospects. I would much rather have Rachunek and probably the best young goalie in europe

Old
08-16-2004, 09:47 PM
NYRfan68

Lundqvist

Quote:
Originally Posted by rnyquist
sorry but both trades are awful,

the first is way too damn lopsided. It seems like your not a fan of Rachunek or Lundqvist so you try and ship them off for either old players or old expensive players and so-so prospects. I would much rather have Rachunek and probably the best young goalie in europe
Lundqvist is great but obviously he is gonna be the oddman out... I even like him more than Blackburn. Rachunek I just feel is dispensible.

Now I suggested that trade because I was trying to get any idea of Hatchers value...now that I know It I would just do

Rachunek, 3rd Round Pick 2005 and 4th Round in 2006

What's wrong with the first trade? I know I did alot of swapping of prospects...but could someone tell me what they would give for those dallas players....

What F.A signing and trades do u think we shud do?

Old
08-16-2004, 09:58 PM
Onion Boy

Quote:
1) Sign Martin Rucinsky.

2) Trade Karel Rachunek to Dallas for Niko Kapanen, Joel Lundqvist, and Aaron Downey.

2a) If the above trade goes down sign Jiri Slegr.

2b) If the above trade doesn't go down sign Mikael Samuelsson.

Old
08-16-2004, 10:01 PM
Onion Boy

Quote:
Lundqvist is great but obviously he is gonna be the oddman out...
But what happens if Montoya (or Blackburn) doesn't pan out? Then we look quite foolish.

Old
08-16-2004, 10:04 PM
NYRfan68

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjb3599
But what happens if Montoya (or Blackburn) doesn't pan out? Then we look quite foolish.
yes we would

Old
08-16-2004, 10:25 PM
NYRangers

Pull a Minesota. Play Montoya/Blackburn. When Montoya pulls away (which I anticipate - hes the golden boy anyway) give him more playing time, eventually full time number one. Trade Blackburn for whatever you can get (probably a pick). Then make Lundqvist your backup, he could turn to our own Manny Legace.

Old
08-16-2004, 11:10 PM
Rodent

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjb3599
1) Sign Martin Rucinsky.

2) Trade Karel Rachunek to Dallas for Niko Kapanen, Joel Lundqvist, and Aaron Downey.

2a) If the above trade goes down sign Jiri Slegr.

2b) If the above trade doesn't go down sign Mikael Samuelsson.
If the above doesn't go down, sign Ulf Samuelsson.

Old
08-16-2004, 11:13 PM
TheZherdev

:lol

Old
08-17-2004, 07:45 AM
Bacchus

Isn't Klemm a UFA?

Old
08-17-2004, 08:55 AM
True Blue

Quote:
Lundqvist is great but obviously he is gonna be the oddman out...
And you know this how......? I mean, since it is so obvious.

Old
08-17-2004, 10:13 AM
NYRfan68

Quote:
Originally Posted by True Blue
And you know this how......? I mean, since it is so obvious.
well if they were planning on him or blackburn being there future franchise guy..why would they draft Montoya?

Old
08-17-2004, 10:56 AM
True Blue

Quote:
well if they were planning on him or blackburn being there future franchise guy..why would they draft Montoya?
Becuase in their estimation, Montoya was the best player available by far. And, now, they actually have a stable of young goaltenders. When was the last time that such a position was stacked with very good prospects? I really do not think that they prefer Blackburn, or Montoya, or Lundquist. They are going to go with who performs the best and let the pieces fall where they may.

Old
08-17-2004, 11:24 AM
Fletch

Keep the stable of young players...

Lundqvist will show in the next 1-3 years if he's worth much. Blackburn too, we'll know within that timeframe. All-the-while, waiting for Montoya to grow. If all three work pan-out as hoped, then the Rangers will actually have goalies with trade value (young, good and on the cheap side). There's a chance none make it too, but now is not the time to make that determination.

Old
08-17-2004, 11:33 AM
Onion Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodent
If the above doesn't go down, sign Ulf Samuelsson.
funny...

Old
08-17-2004, 03:03 PM
Radek27

Send a message via AIM to Radek27
Quote:
Originally Posted by True Blue
Becuase in their estimation, Montoya was the best player available by far. And, now, they actually have a stable of young goaltenders. When was the last time that such a position was stacked with very good prospects? I really do not think that they prefer Blackburn, or Montoya, or Lundquist. They are going to go with who performs the best and let the pieces fall where they may.

I love it when fans defend stupid moves made by a team. Yeah we are stacked at a position we don't even have a starter in! Hurray! Oh yeah that position is stacked, but the others are very very thin. Center and LW are just terrible and drafting Tukonen with that pick would have been a hell of a lot smarter to me since they knew they were hard ass to get Korpikoski.
Our Goaltending prospects:
Montoya
Blackburn
Lundqvist
Labarbara
Holt
None ready to be a fulltime starter.

Our left wing prospects:
Garth Murray
Korpikoski
Chad Wiseman and ..................................

Old
08-17-2004, 03:16 PM
NYRangers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radek27
I love it when fans defend stupid moves made by a team. Yeah we are stacked at a position we don't even have a starter in! Hurray! Oh yeah that position is stacked, but the others are very very thin. Center and LW are just terrible and drafting Tukonen with that pick would have been a hell of a lot smarter to me since they knew they were hard ass to get Korpikoski.
Our Goaltending prospects:
Montoya
Blackburn
Lundqvist
Labarbara
Holt
None ready to be a fulltime starter.

Our left wing prospects:
Garth Murray
Korpikoski
Chad Wiseman and ..................................
Jan Marek, Petr Prucha, Nigel Dawes. Exactly, your right, we have 5 LW that can turn into a top 6 forward. Thats not shallow my man, and especially at LW where theres a huge dropoff in good players compared to center and RW. Theres a strategy called BPA. Best Player Available. If you think Montoya is the best player in the draft you don't take a lesser player because your weak at that position. You don't know which prospects will/won't suceed, you go who you think is the best. This is not the NFL draft where you draft for now. You take what you think will be the most valuable piece down the road.

Helminen can play LW too. LW might be one of our stronger positions, which is a great situation since its harder to find good LW.

Last edited by NYRangers: 08-17-2004 at 03:20 PM.
Old
08-17-2004, 03:29 PM
Radek27

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRangers
Jan Marek, Petr Prucha, Nigel Dawes. Exactly, your right, we have 5 LW that can turn into a top 6 forward. Thats not shallow my man, and especially at LW where theres a huge dropoff in good players compared to center and RW. Theres a strategy called BPA. Best Player Available. If you think Montoya is the best player in the draft you don't take a lesser player because your weak at that position. You don't know which prospects will/won't suceed, you go who you think is the best. This is not the NFL draft where you draft for now. You take what you think will be the most valuable piece down the road.

Helminen can play LW too. LW might be one of our stronger positions, which is a great situation since its harder to find good LW.
From what I read Marek is a center, Prucha plays RW. Dawes plays LW but doesn't seem to be ready for another 2-3 years and is a very very small player. Wiseman is anything but proven. Korpikoski is not gonna turn pro this year. So that leaves us with Garth Murray coming in at LW and he is a grinder/energy guy. Helminen just turned pro and is gonna need some time in the minors I assume and from what I understand he is also a center.

And when you say LW is one of our stronger positions I disagree. This team has needed a good LW since Graves last 30 goal seeason. The guys we have brought in have not played well enough and so far we have been unable to develop a LWer of our own in that time. How is that a strong position?

Old
08-17-2004, 03:37 PM
NYRangers

Wait, wait wait, your arguement is our LW will not be ready this season so dont take a goalie. Either is Tukonen!!!! Thats ridiculous.

Marek is a LW, Prucha never plays RW, its either center or LW.

"Wiseman is anything but proven"

LMAO, tell me a prospect that is proven. The answer, none. If there a proven NHL'er there not a prospect.

"The guys we have brought in have not played well enough and so far we have been unable to develop a LWer of our own in that time. How is that a strong position?"

Acutally, we havent developed any talent, so saying we having developed LW talent is just a true as any other position.

Old
08-17-2004, 03:57 PM
AG9NK35DT8*

Quote:
maybe they are nervous about blackies carrere since he sustained that shoulder injury, who knows if that could threaten his carreer, it could be a constant reoccuring injury that could set nyr back. so overall the reason for montoya was strictly for safety incase blackie cant stay healthy. if blackburn does stay healthy then most likely montoya is the odd man out.

Old
08-17-2004, 04:01 PM
NYRangers

Quote:
Originally Posted by AG9NK35DT8
maybe they are nervous about blackies carrere since he sustained that shoulder injury, who knows if that could threaten his carreer, it could be a constant reoccuring injury that could set nyr back. so overall the reason for montoya was strictly for safety incase blackie cant stay healthy. if blackburn does stay healthy then most likely montoya is the odd man out.
I agree they might be scared. But Montoya wont be the odd man out, hes the golden boy now. They drafted Montoya because he was high on there list (4) not because Blackburn, Lundqvist or anyone else. In the NHL teams are looking for the best value, regardless of position.

Old
08-17-2004, 05:21 PM
Radek27

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRangers
Wait, wait wait, your arguement is our LW will not be ready this season so dont take a goalie. Either is Tukonen!!!! Thats ridiculous.

Marek is a LW, Prucha never plays RW, its either center or LW.

"Wiseman is anything but proven"

LMAO, tell me a prospect that is proven. The answer, none. If there a proven NHL'er there not a prospect.

"The guys we have brought in have not played well enough and so far we have been unable to develop a LWer of our own in that time. How is that a strong position?"

Acutally, we havent developed any talent, so saying we having developed LW talent is just a true as any other position.

My whole point is the Montoya pick was a stupid pick made by a stupid tool, but that is my opinion. Nobody on this board thought we would take another goalie with our highest pick in I don't know how long. It was obvious from that inside out show that they also liked Ladd, who I think is the exact type of player we needed. Why did we pay more to move up to 19 to get Korpikoski than the Canes gave to move up to 4 to grab Ladd?

And how bad does is stink that we could have grabed Schwartz without even trading up from our second 1st rounder? Is Montoya really that much better? I agree with what most posters were saying right before the drat..........drafting goalies with such hi draft picks is a waste.

And we did develope one talent and that being Mike York.

Old
08-17-2004, 06:08 PM
Bob Froese

Quote:
My whole point is the Montoya pick was a stupid pick made by a stupid tool, but that is my opinion. Nobody on this board thought we would take another goalie with our highest pick in I don't know how long. It was obvious from that inside out show that they also liked Ladd, who I think is the exact type of player we needed. Why did we pay more to move up to 19 to get Korpikoski than the Canes gave to move up to 4 to grab Ladd?

And how bad does is stink that we could have grabed Schwartz without even trading up from our second 1st rounder? Is Montoya really that much better? I agree with what most posters were saying right before the drat..........drafting goalies with such hi draft picks is a waste.

And we did develope one talent and that being Mike York.
i agree with everything u said.

it was rumored that L.A was in the mix for montoya, I heard that NYR had some sort of deal worked as to where L.A would get our 6th and take montoya and nyr would have got mike camalerri and tukonen( 11th overall pick ). L.A is desperate for a top young goalie, even though they got garon now, NYR should have pulled through on that deal. taking a goalie with a high pick is an absolute waste unless your system is stocked with talent up the ass. atlanta has kovalchuk and heatley they can afford to take a goalie high ( as they did with k. lehtonen), not NYR.

Last edited by Bob Froese: 08-17-2004 at 06:15 PM.
Old
08-17-2004, 06:16 PM
NYRangers

Quote:
Dont worry about it. It was one pick, we picked like 11 forwards at the draft! Thats insane! Plus, we will have a top 3 pick next year.

Quote:
They didn't like Schwartx in show 1 he wasn't mentioned with people theyd consider at that pick. Its there job,there pros, review the draft in 10 years. Then we can fully see how it worked out.

Closed Thread