HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Pittsburgh Penguins
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Pittsburgh Penguins on Twitter

Old
10-31-2011, 01:16 PM
Mario_is_BACK!!
ACK! ACK ACK! ACK!!!

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Mario_is_BACK!! Send a message via MSN to Mario_is_BACK!!
Lovejoy joins the crowd

Full confirmed list here: http://twitter.com/#!/PensPRLady/sta...58285209063426

MacIntyre, Malkin, Sullivan, Neal, Kennedy, Lovejoy

Mario_is_BACK!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2011, 03:19 PM
Harv
R.I.P. Pavol.

Puppies

Harv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2011, 04:21 PM
emedshot

He is still playing through the pain
http://hockey.sport-express.ru/reviews/17495/

emedshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2011, 04:23 PM
MrBurghundy
Never forget: #47

Quote:
Originally Posted by emedshot View Post
He is still playing through the pain
http://hockey.sport-express.ru/reviews/17495/
Well that much is obvious by the fact that he's been day to day...

Plus I don't speak Russian so I have no idea what that article says.

MrBurghundy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2011, 04:29 PM
Sidney the Kidney
Simmons' Nightmare

vCash: 300
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mario_is_BACK!! View Post
I'm amused by the fact Lovejoy is actually playing up the Reverend Lovejoy thing.

Sidney the Kidney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2011, 04:54 PM
TheStinger
Non Omnis Moriar

Does anyone know if gollygoose33 is actually Goligoski or does Goose have an official one?

TheStinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2011, 04:55 PM
HandshakeLine
Completely bias

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelTownFever View Post
Well that much is obvious by the fact that he's been day to day...

Plus I don't speak Russian so I have no idea what that article says.
I'm not going to do a verbatim translation, but I'll post a summary of the interesting bits.

The gist of the article is that Geno is saying that, while his leg is healed enough to play, it wasn't healed enough to take the full rigors of full-contact, regular season play without pain. He says there's nothing out of the ordinary about it, and that everything is progressing as according to schedule, but just that his knee gets sore after some time, with the general fatigue of trying to readjust. He says the third period is the worst.

He's also saying his decision to play has been overseen by his doctor, and that everyone warned him the rehab would be painful and difficult. He talks a little bit about overcompensating for his knee (which is what several more-knowledgable posters mentioned in the ZOMG GENO IZ DUN-overreaction fest a few weeks back) and that it's been steadily improving as the season goes on.

He also doesn't explicitly say Crosby will be back in mid-November, but he seems to hint at it. He also says that Sid feels fine, and that there's no need to rush him back. He then compares the injuries of Crosby and himself to Gretzky's injuries and finishes by talking a bit about his and Sid's charity work.

If anyone has any specific questions about something in the article, let me know and I'll translate it.

HandshakeLine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2011, 05:01 PM
TheDudeAbides

Looks like someone already beat me to the geno avi so ill use this one

TheDudeAbides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2011, 05:17 PM
Beauner

vCash: 91
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheStinger View Post
Does anyone know if gollygoose33 is actually Goligoski or does Goose have an official one?
Yeah that's real.

Beauner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2011, 08:07 PM
Cardboard Orpik
Out 4-6 Weeks

Sid dressed like a character from the Elder Scrolls series for Halloween, Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim comes out on 11-11-11, COINCIDENCE!?!?!?!?!?!?

Cardboard Orpik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2011, 09:59 PM
Kuhnhackl
Formerly "71"

Quote:
RevLovejoy6 ben lovejoy
Trick or treat. pic.twitter.com/mqddtjNN
1 minute ago Favorite Retweet Reply

Kuhnhackl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2011, 11:10 PM
HuskerTornado
Jobu Needs Rum

dancing geno icon updated. ha

HuskerTornado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2011, 03:10 AM
Stad
@Hagelin2Kessel

Quote:
Originally Posted by HuskerTornado View Post
dancing geno icon updated. ha

Stad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2011, 03:42 AM
TheStinger
Non Omnis Moriar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedberg1 View Post
Yeah that's real.
Cool, thanks. I know he is not with us anymore, but I still like Goose.

TheStinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2011, 09:20 AM
JTG

Ben Lovejoy's nickname should be Chinner

JTG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2011, 04:50 PM
Biz Nasty
Cooke 4 Lady Byng

Not so much related to players on twitter, but there is a major meltdown going on through twitter between everyone's favorite, Mark Madden, and the idiots that run The PensBlog. It's turned into a big pissing match where Madden basically spent his entire afternoon show on the Pens radio network calling the PensBlog and other sites "fan blogs" and mocking their unprofessional nature.

Personally I think the PensBlog has played a role in the "dumbing down" of the new generation of Pens fans...their only worthwhile posts are the ones "Stoosh" does every week or so, beyond that it's a whole lot of Jr. High level jokes and fan-boy behavior that detracts from gaining any tangible knowledge.

Madden is without a doubt an ass sometimes, but he actually played a significant role in keeping the Pens in the mainstream media in Pittsburgh during the dark years as many buried them behind the Steelers and even the Buccos.

Biz Nasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2011, 05:01 PM
BlindWillyMcHurt
ti kallisti

Sounds sort of like one well-documented blowhard moron in a (predictably) juvenile slappy-fight with a gaggle of on-the-rise blowhard morons. Terrific.

BlindWillyMcHurt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2011, 05:04 PM
SomeDude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biz Nasty View Post
Not so much related to players on twitter, but there is a major meltdown going on through twitter between everyone's favorite, Mark Madden, and the idiots that run The PensBlog. It's turned into a big pissing match where Madden basically spent his entire afternoon show on the Pens radio network calling the PensBlog and other sites "fan blogs" and mocking their unprofessional nature.

Personally I think the PensBlog has played a role in the "dumbing down" of the new generation of Pens fans...their only worthwhile posts are the ones "Stoosh" does every week or so, beyond that it's a whole lot of Jr. High level jokes and fan-boy behavior that detracts from gaining any tangible knowledge.

Madden is without a doubt an ass sometimes, but he actually played a significant role in keeping the Pens in the mainstream media in Pittsburgh during the dark years as many buried them behind the Steelers and even the Buccos.
The fact the Pensblog didn't get their Press credentials revoked after impersonating a "real" Pittsburgh media member in order to get Jagr's agent to talk to them is both shocking and disappointing.

SomeDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2011, 05:04 PM
Biz Nasty
Cooke 4 Lady Byng

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlindWillyMcHurt View Post
Sounds sort of like one well-documented blowhard moron in a (predictably) juvenile slappy-fight with a gaggle of on-the-rise blowhard morons. Terrific.
Very much so, unfortunately those blowhard morons comprise the most popular hockey talk guy in town, and probably the most popular internet site for the Pens other than the main site. Like I said, it's a huge reason why much of the new generation of Pens fans have been "dumbed down" in comparison to the "Mario generation" and those that came before.

SomeDude, I didn't realize they had one? Derek tweeted that he apparently had to meet with Tom McMillan following the Peter Svboda incident so I imagine that took care of the issue, but you are right...the so called "fan blogs" should be happy to be recognized along with the mainstream media sources, pulling amateur hour stuff like the PensBlog pulls should pretty much kill their relationship with the team.

Old
11-01-2011, 05:11 PM
BlindWillyMcHurt
ti kallisti

Oh, I couldn't agree more, Biz. It's pretty unfortunate how barren it is around the region as far as legitimate hockey discussion is concerned. Even online... present site not included, of course. I have nothing but contempt for both parties, really. Maybe even moreso for PB, who I feel is mostly just the worst elements of the internet jammed into a hockey format. They really are pretty embarrassing, even if they don't seem to realize or care.

BlindWillyMcHurt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2011, 05:12 PM
SomeDude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biz Nasty View Post
Very much so, unfortunately those blowhard morons comprise the most popular hockey talk guy in town, and probably the most popular internet site for the Pens other than the main site. Like I said, it's a huge reason why much of the new generation of Pens fans have been "dumbed down" in comparison to the "Mario generation" and those that came before.

SomeDude, I didn't realize they had one? Derek tweeted that he apparently had to meet with Tom McMillan following the Peter Svboda incident so I imagine that took care of the issue, but you are right...the so called "fan blogs" should be happy to be recognized along with the mainstream media sources, pulling amateur hour stuff like the PensBlog pulls should pretty much kill their relationship with the team.
I'm pretty sure they have/had press passes. I remember last year they were trying to get under TIOPS' skin by heckling him about something when they were on the media tour of Consol before it opened together. Could be wrong, though.

Actually, I kinda hope I am. Even though they have a pretty big following, I would hope that the team keeps a distance from associating with them as I'm embarrassed by them just as a Pens fan.

SomeDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2011, 05:12 PM
HuskerTornado
Jobu Needs Rum

PensBlog has media credentials???

HuskerTornado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2011, 05:17 PM
SidGenoMario

tpb is ****ing amazing for what it is.

SidGenoMario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2011, 05:20 PM
Biz Nasty
Cooke 4 Lady Byng

Quote:
Originally Posted by SomeDude View Post
I'm pretty sure they have/had press passes. I remember last year they were trying to get under TIOPS' skin by heckling him about something when they were on the media tour of Consol before it opened together. Could be wrong, though.

Actually, I kinda hope I am. Even though they have a pretty big following, I would hope that the team keeps a distance from associating with them as I'm embarrassed by them just as a Pens fan.
Quote:
Originally Posted by HuskerTornado View Post
PensBlog has media credentials???
The Pens usually hold a few events for bloggers/social media types during the season, so that may be what you are referring to. They got an exclusive tour when Consol opened and I believe they get a game where they watch from the Press Box, beyond that I don't believe they have credentials...but seeing as how they do receive at least a decent amount of cooperation from the team, I imagine that is why McMillan spoke with TPB about their antics after the Svboda incident.

In any event, you are correct...they are a complete embarrassment.

Old
11-01-2011, 08:24 PM
MrBurghundy
Never forget: #47

Quote:
Originally Posted by SomeDude View Post

There was a picture in the Pens locker room full of photoshopped images from tPB during their cup run I believe. Also there is a signed Charlie picture of every player on the team.

I personally love reading that site. I don't really care that they dumb it down. I read it for the laughs. Some people have to stop acting all stuck up like they are better than everybody else because they think they understand the game of hockey better. Just because the humor is junior highish doesn't make it not funny. I mean I enjoy watching movies like Dumb and Dumber, Will Ferrell movies, Family Guy, etc. and they are just as stupid and immature.

Besides they were sticking up for Malkin, and Madden was acting like the blowhard idiot he always is saying Malkin sucks. Madden couldn't take it and he deleted his Twitter account. He's also never right by and large and he thinks he's the greatest hockey mind of this generation and the best radio broadcaster ever created. I'm sorry but I'm going to side with tPB here.

Last edited by MrBurghundy: 11-01-2011 at 08:31 PM.
MrBurghundy is online now   Reply With Quote