HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Habs lose 6-3 to the Dallas Stars

Old
09-20-2011, 09:19 PM
TankEller*

vCash: 500
The battle for this 13th forward spot is interesting, but none of the candidates really showed they belong tonight.

I don't know what will happen, but up to date, nobody comes to mind.

TankEller* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-20-2011, 09:19 PM
DirtyJeeves

Send a message via AIM to DirtyJeeves
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
While we need to be patient and he needs some time and all....what's a real concern as far as Tinordi is concerned is decision making and hockey sense. That's is the hardest to teach even with some time. Let's hope he will.
His anticipation was definitely lacking. I felt he was trying to go the right way with the puck, but had trouble anticipating the pace of the attacking forwards.

DirtyJeeves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-20-2011, 09:20 PM
habfan1968

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agnostic View Post
Assuming that Yemelin had a spot locked up coming in, I saw no players who threatened to break into the lineup and no veterans in danger of losing a job.

This.

I agree totally and really that may be disappointing, but , we only saw half of the young guys tonight.

habfan1968 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-20-2011, 09:22 PM
The Gal Pals
Breaking Hab

vCash: 1549
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodson Hoggs View Post
Emelin played great the last two periods. Very confident with the puck. Didn't make any mistakes with it.

AK will have a great season. I am convinced.
He's too streaky. I say we trade him as soon as he gets a nice streak going when his value is at its highest.

The Gal Pals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-20-2011, 09:23 PM
Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by airic000 View Post
He's too streaky. I say we trade him as soon as he gets a nice streak going when his value is at its highest.
And we replace him with whom?

Peace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-20-2011, 09:23 PM
Hull Fan
Czech Stop

hey guys, I know this is the Habs board but you probably saw more of the game than I did. what did you think of Dallas as a team and some of the individual players? I only got to see the first and last ten minutes. Thanks.

Hull Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-20-2011, 09:24 PM

Quote:
Which is EXACTLY why I put Diaz on top of Emelin tonight. You didn't see how many times Emelin was taking the wrong guy tonight compared to Diaz? Was way more a chicken with no head than Diaz was. Again, it's just one game. Reason why I don't have Diaz on my starting lineup and Emelin in the AHL (though we know, Emelin didn't come here to play with the Dogs....). Yet, Diaz showed me more on the PP, patience, good shot. While he doesn't like to be hit, he was still ahead positionaly than Emelin tonight. Again...don't get me wrong....I'm not writing off Alexei...obviously.
agreed on Emelin, I found he was a bit lost in his own end...but you can definitely see he's a player though.

I also thought Diaz was a lot more polished in his own end, he's a heady player with a quick first step, he might not start the year with the Habs, but like Emelin...definitely looks like a player

I also thought Woywitka was decent too...same with Blunden up front

417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-20-2011, 09:24 PM
ThaDevilGirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hull Fan View Post
hey guys, I know this is the Habs board but you probably saw more of the game than I did. what did you think of Dallas as a team and some of the individual players? I only got to see the first and last ten minutes. Thanks.
Vincour was everywhere. Probably their best player.

ThaDevilGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-20-2011, 09:25 PM
MistaWa16

Quote:
Surely. I know. But you can still assess a guy's play based on how nervous he is and how he thinks the game. Mind you, I've seen Tinordi play last year in the OHL for 10ish games....and I had the same analysis. And that was late in the year, the part where most say he was playing better. At that time, he still had slow feet, was not reading the play well and was low to react. So it's not something I saw just tonight. He's immensely a work in progress. And at one point, while we don't want to same result, the work in progress might be FISCHEResque....A long process that we might see with the Habs in another 4 years.
As of right now, I agree... he kinda reminds me of Obyrne...i just dont want to judge the kid too quickly

MistaWa16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
KadrüH

Well, Trotter was awesome tonight. Maybe the only one to compete for the 13th spot... or Engvist.

KadrüH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
The Gal Pals
Breaking Hab

I'd like to see Diaz and Spacek alternate in the lineup. Spacek is too old and too inconsistent to play a full 82-game season and Diaz needs a yr to slowly integrate and get adjusted to the level of play in the NHL.

Old
Felkov

Gaston already bashing A.Kost

Felkov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
googlymoogly

Would of liked to see Gallagher centering AK tonight. We might of had more scoring poor AK did not have much for team mates.

googlymoogly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-20-2011, 09:26 PM
habsjunkie2*

Quote:
Originally Posted by airic000 View Post
lmao, see what i mean. We should trade him for a checker who isn't half the hockey player, preferably an english, canadian who gives an honest effort each night

habsjunkie2* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
HabsFanFromOntario

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peace View Post
Weber

HabsFanFromOntario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
NLHabsFan

Any video highlights from the game? I'd like to see the tribute in the beginning, the goals, the fight, and Yemelin's hip check. Thanks!

NLHabsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
DirtyJeeves

Send a message via AIM to DirtyJeeves
Quote:
Tomas Vincour had a great game, I thought. Took the hipcheck from Yemelin and came right back at him. He was buzzing around the ice tonight.

The Ribiero/Ryder/Morrow line looked solid.

That was about all the attention I paid to the Stars tonight though. Too busy figuring out jersey numbers. If Berger didn't get that penalty, I would have never known who 34 was.

DirtyJeeves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
The Gal Pals
Breaking Hab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peace View Post
Hopefully the answer to that question will come in the trade.

Old
09-20-2011, 09:27 PM
DekeLikeYouMeanIt
Ohhhh you mad

Quote:
Vincour is a sum*****

Gogo was solid overall. I still hate Ribeiro. Redlight Raycroft was okay. Hmmm.. don't remember much else.

DekeLikeYouMeanIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Gainey#1*

One thing needs to be addressed: FACE-OFF'S

We are incompetent in the face-off circle.

It will kill us over the course of the season, on PK' and on PP's. For a team that prides itself with puck possession systems, we need to have someone capable of winning a face-off.

Gainey#1* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Hey I have to say, I was impressed by a guy I wanted us to pick in 2009, Tomas Vincour. Great game tonight. Ryder will fit right in with Ribs and Morrow. You're doomed with Raycroft....any chance you have other goalies in the system? Goligoski was also on another planet. I also liked Jake Dowell tonight. Same with Maxime Fortunus.

Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-20-2011, 09:28 PM
Forsead

When I looked at Tinordi I thought about O'byrne, I hope he improve, but right now I could see him being a next O'byrne (which is still a capable NHLer). If he could be more mean he could still be a valuable asset.

Thank god for Marc Denis, he so better than Benoit Brunet.

Forsead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-20-2011, 09:29 PM
Bill McNeal

vCash: 50
Quote:
Really couldn't tell you anything in detail because I didn't recognize half the names, but the Morrow-Ribeiro-Ryder line was dominant and creative and Goligoski had a bunch of nice moments in the offensive zone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plekamaniac
One thing needs to be addressed: FACE-OFF'S

We are incompetent in the face-off circle.

It will kill us over the course of the season, on PK' and on PP's. For a team that prides itself with puck possession systems, we need to have someone capable of winning a face-off.
Yup. Was very apparent and frustrating. Considering that 4th line center spot is still wide open, I'd love the Habs to target a good faceoff man via trade.

Bill McNeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-20-2011, 09:30 PM
MistaWa16

they got lehtonen...unless hes injured and i dont know about it

MistaWa16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-20-2011, 09:30 PM
Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forsead View Post
When I looked at Tinordi I thought about O'byrne, I hope he improve, but right now I could see him being a next O'byrne (which is still a capable NHLer). If he could be more mean he could still be a valuable asset.

Thank god for Marc Denis, he so better than Benoit Brunet.
I wonder...I'll miss the "Gros Bonhommes"

Peace is offline   Reply With Quote