HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Habs lose 6-3 to the Dallas Stars

Old
09-20-2011, 10:31 PM
Forsead

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill McNeal View Post
Really couldn't tell you anything in detail because I didn't recognize half the names, but the Morrow-Ribeiro-Ryder line was dominant and creative and Goligoski had a bunch of nice moments in the offensive zone.

Yup. Was very apparent and frustrating. Considering that 4th line center spot is still wide open, I'd love the Habs to target a good faceoff man via trade.
Or signing a Madden or Mair perhaps, or try before if White hasn't improve in this part of his game.

Forsead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-20-2011, 10:32 PM
Protest the Hero

I didn't even pay attention to face-offs, and who was taking them. How'd Engqvist end up faring?

Protest the Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
EveryDay

Tomorrow

Patches-DD-Gionta
Gallagher-Desimone-Avstin
Darche-Dumont-Moen
Lefebvre-Bishop-Winnett

Henry-Subban
Beaulieu-Gorges
Spacek-Ellis

??????

Last edited by EveryDay: 09-20-2011 at 10:40 PM.
EveryDay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forsead View Post
When I looked at Tinordi I thought about O'byrne, I hope he improve, but right now I could see him being a next O'byrne (which is still a capable NHLer). If he could be more mean he could still be a valuable asset.

Thank god for Marc Denis, he so better than Benoit Brunet.
He will improve. But the upside shouldn't be THAT high. Which was the big question when the pick and the trade happened. Hey, he is surely an NHL'er. Just that it might take more time than most thought it would take.

Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
habsrock76

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
Which is EXACTLY why I put Diaz on top of Emelin tonight. You didn't see how many times Emelin was taking the wrong guy tonight compared to Diaz? Was way more a chicken with no head than Diaz was. Again, it's just one game. Reason why I don't have Diaz on my starting lineup and Emelin in the AHL (though we know, Emelin didn't come here to play with the Dogs....). Yet, Diaz showed me more on the PP, patience, good shot. While he doesn't like to be hit, he was still ahead positionaly than Emelin tonight. Again...don't get me wrong....I'm not writing off Alexei...obviously.
I'd have to agree with the earlier poster, I thought Emelin had a stronger game then Diaz (especially down the stretch). I felt Emelin's partner Wowytka had alot more to do with the positioning issues tonight, it felt like he was a -10 tonight.

But your earlier weekend assesment of Masse looks to be spot on, he looked horendous tonight. Completely lost in his own end.

Would have liked to have seen Trotter swap wingers with Masse.

habsrock76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
DirtyJeeves

Send a message via AIM to DirtyJeeves
Quote:
Originally Posted by Protest the Hero View Post
I didn't even pay attention to face-offs, and who was taking them. How'd Engqvist end up faring?
Enqvist went oh-fer on faceoffs. Quiet game other than that. Pleks had a rough night. If he wasn't getting kicked out of the circle, he was getting dominated in it.

DirtyJeeves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-20-2011, 10:33 PM
Habs 1909

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hull Fan View Post
hey guys, I know this is the Habs board but you probably saw more of the game than I did. what did you think of Dallas as a team and some of the individual players? I only got to see the first and last ten minutes. Thanks.
Very impressed with Vincour.

Habs 1909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Canadian_Brewtality

DIAZ
YEMELIN
COLE
WEBER

that is all

tinordi is a project

Canadian_Brewtality is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Alistar

Quote:
Hey I have to say, I was impressed by a guy I wanted us to pick in 2009, Tomas Vincour. Great game tonight. Ryder will fit right in with Ribs and Morrow. You're doomed with Raycroft....any chance you have other goalies in the system? Goligoski was also on another planet. I also liked Jake Dowell tonight. Same with Maxime Fortunus.
Well we do have this Kari Lehtonen who's coming along, could get a chance at the starter's job this year...

Some of your young players looked very strong. I kept on hearing Diaz's name over and over again in particular, he seemed to have great puck possession skills. I think it was a good game from an evaluation perspective for both teams as there was alot of skating and hard work involved, which is what seperates the men from the boys.

cheers

Alistar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-20-2011, 10:35 PM
RoyBoyCoy
Habs and Rugby

Walked into my first Effective Writing class, expecting it to be a huge class where I could watch a stream at the back of the lecture hall. Tiny class, no one has computers.

RoyBoyCoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-20-2011, 10:35 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alistar View Post
Well we do have this Kari Lehtonen who's coming along, could get a chance at the starter's job this year...

Some of your young players looked very strong. I kept on hearing Diaz's name over and over again in particular, he seemed to have great puck possession skills. I think it was a good game from an evaluation perspective for both teams as there was alot of skating and hard work involved, which is what seperates the men from the boys.

cheers
Don't worry, I know about Lehtonen. Yet, last time I checked, there are 2 goalies in a lineup.

Old
09-20-2011, 10:36 PM
NewHabsEra*

Well, Im very very enthusiasm for the season coming.. Our vets took it easy, the ones who had to impress impressed big time..

The 1st name that stood out tonight was of course Yemelin, this kid is awesome!! Already looks like a solid top 4.. Poised, confident, excellent puck control, decision making, it was just great to see him play tonight, Im reassured for the start of the season even if Markov isnt there.. Only point Yemlin has to refine a bit is his positionning in the def zone at time but its really not a big concern to me..

Diaz was also impressive for a first game, didnt stand out like Yemelin but you can see he is not far from the NHL.. Amazing transition game, quick release, pretty good puckmover, just need to adapt to the smaller ice and physical game... Should spend some time in the AHL cause I think Wowyitka will be our 7th defenseman but his presence in the org. add pretty solid depth in case of injuries..

Weber has been playing pretty well tonight too and Ive been impress with Woywitka, got better as the game progressed, I had some flashback of Komisarek wearing this number.. Big guy skating well doing some nice things on the ice.. He is a solid 7th defenseman to me at this point..

On the other side, Tinordi was by far the worst defenseman of both teams tonight, the kid doesnt look close to be ready for the Pro, serious lack of mobility and very poor decision making, it was just going too fast for him.. I would be surprised to see him make team USA this winter..

Gill.. OUTCH.. its pre season and he is a vet so we will give him time to restart the machine but it was really painful to watch tonight, cost us at least 2 goals.. hope he gets back on the right track for the begin of the season.. Certainly not a guy I want playing top 4 mins..

Ok.. In the "will never play in the NHL" category: Globe Trotter.. Destined to play hockey for peanuts.. cant even see him as a potential callup in case of injuries.. Palushaj could eventually join that category if he doesnt pick his game up big time.. A big step back from the level he was at last season.. Certainly not the kind of camp I was expecting from him, cant see him as a serious candidate tocompete for a spot at this point..

The first line has been quiet, especially Pleks who hasnt played his best game ever wearing this jersey, but still, nothing to worry about it was to expect for a first pre season game..

I liked what Blunden shown overall, a legit candidate for the only spot avalaible up front..

Never been the biggest Engqvist fan, the guy is smart, position himself well on the ice, does the little things well enough but he lacks something to me.. some fire some passion, some grit I would say.. I would have filled the 4th line center spot with a vet personally..

A.Kost was IMO the best foward of both teams on the ice tonight, was alone on his line doing everything by his own.. Pretty encouraging to be honest..

So alot of positives overall, I was concerned about our blueline to start the season and the kids I wanted me to impress stood out for the good reasons.. Seeing Kostitsyn flying like this was rather sweet too..

Last edited by NewHabsEra*: 09-20-2011 at 10:44 PM.
NewHabsEra* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-20-2011, 10:37 PM
RoyBoyCoy
Habs and Rugby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monaco88 View Post
Patches-DD-Gionta
Darche-Dumont-Moen
Lefebvre-Bishop-Winnett
Wow! At least no one can say we didn't give that kid a fair chance, playing with that kind of firepower

RoyBoyCoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-20-2011, 10:39 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyBoyCoy View Post
Wow! At least no one can say we didn't give that kid a fair chance, playing with that kind of firepower
Hey...it is the 2nd line....

Old
09-20-2011, 10:39 PM
neofury*

Outside of the usual suspects I thought Weber and Diaz looked great tonight. I felt Tinordi got better as the game progressed but made some pretty glaring mistakes, to be expected out of a junior this far away from being NHL level.

I thought Yemelin was alright but I was most impressed with Andrei Kostitsyn. I felt he gave a good effort and often times was the best player on the ice by a fair margin. He seems to be in good shape and playing well. Obviously the competition wasn't exactly amazing but it lends good support to the 3rd liner theory. He looked like he really wanted to show management he deserved ice time and PP time.

Difficult decisions will have to be made if he keeps it up. Cole looked great, Cammy had a couple good chances, Plekanec seemed a bit rusty as did Price but I wouldn't say the goals were really his fault. The d wasn't exactly helping him all that much.

It was an exciting game none the less and we had a strong 2nd period. 3rd period we had some pretty strong stretches but failed to convert. Also Wowytika(sp?) was surprisingly decent. Could potentially be a call up.

neofury* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-20-2011, 10:40 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
While we need to be patient and he needs some time and all....what's a real concern as far as Tinordi is concerned is decision making and hockey sense. That's is the hardest to teach even with some time. Let's hope he will.
I think Hockey sense and decision making are good with Tinordi...it's just taht his quickness is not at NHL level yet. He's still growing into his body. I don't expect him in any meaningful NHL games this year or next.

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-20-2011, 10:46 PM
Joey

Send a message via MSN to Joey
Loved Cole, and Yemelin. Didn't see as much of Diaz as I wanted, to get enough praise to match you guys. I was playing some Risk online during the game lol but damn I was impressed with Yemelin. Palushaj looked terrible, Andrei looked great (as he can be sometimes), and the backup....Lawson? Great puckhandler.

Joey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-20-2011, 10:48 PM
Peace

Erik Cole...what can I say...at last a veteran power forward. Cant wait to see him under pressure (real games). Erik Cole is that type of player who raises his play in key situations.

Edit : he looks big out there

Peace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-20-2011, 10:50 PM
Forsead

Palushaj is slowly becoming a Ben Maxwell 2.0 I think. But he has alot of room to improve so we should'nt panic at all.

Forsead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-20-2011, 10:52 PM
Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey View Post
Loved Cole, and Yemelin. Didn't see as much of Diaz as I wanted, to get enough praise to match you guys. I was playing some Risk online during the game lol but damn I was impressed with Yemelin. Palushaj looked terrible, Andrei looked great (as he can be sometimes), and the backup....Lawson? Great puckhandler.
I loved what I saw from Andrei last season. Showed some maturity. Its only a pre-season game and you know Andrei Has much more space than usual on the ice than in regular season. If Andrei could only work just a bit harder in regular season to create this space he needs, I'd be pleased REAL time

Peace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-20-2011, 10:53 PM
NewHabsEra*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
I think Hockey sense and decision making are good with Tinordi...it's just taht his quickness is not at NHL level yet. He's still growing into his body. I don't expect him in any meaningful NHL games this year or next.
Well what we saw tonight was exactly what we read from different reports last season in the OHL.. Decision making and hockey sense are without a doubt a big concern, looked quite lost tonight.

Old
09-20-2011, 10:54 PM
Gary320

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forsead View Post
Palushaj is slowly becoming a Ben Maxwell 2.0 I think. But he has alot of room to improve so we should'nt panic at all.
I like Palushaj but with no size.. he's useless.. He's got quick speed and hands but half the time he gets pushed aside like a rag doll.

I really liked Cole, he was really on top of his game.. Andrei Kostitsyn as well, although half the time it seemed like he wanted to do most of it by himself.

Yemelin and Diaz were pretty good. I was impressed with Diaz.. can't wait to see more of them.

Gary320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-20-2011, 10:57 PM
Stradale

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary320 View Post
I like Palushaj but with no size.. he's useless.. He's got quick speed and hands but half the time he gets pushed aside like a rag doll.

I really liked Cole, he was really on top of his game.. Andrei Kostitsyn as well, although half the time it seemed like he wanted to do most of it by himself.

Yemelin and Diaz were pretty good. I was impressed with Diaz.. can't wait to see more of them.
Let's not make it into a bad thing here. I call that confidence. When you see AK keeping the puck and cycling with it, its because he's confident. He was our best forward tonight.

Stradale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-20-2011, 10:58 PM
NewHabsEra*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian_Brewtality View Post
DIAZ
YEMELIN
COLE
WEBER

that is all

tinordi is a project
What about the best foward on the ice tonight? Kostitsyn..

Old
09-20-2011, 10:59 PM
Maliki2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monaco88 View Post
Tomorrow

Patches-DD-Gionta
Darche-Dumont-Moen
Lefebvre-Bishop-Winnett

Henry-Subban
Beaulieu-Gorges
Spacek-Ellis

??????
Oh god I hope not! I didn't pay $25 to see that!

Maliki2 is offline   Reply With Quote