PGT: 20/09/11 Split Squad with Columbus Blue Jackets

Old
09-21-2011, 09:18 PM
Jet
Stand by your man

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Makeshift We Are View Post
Wow. That crowd was amazing. Can't wait to be there on October ninth.

What section are you in?
Go to the south side of the rink... go to the verrrrrry top row, then head another 4 blocks south.

My couch, front row That was a vid I found online.

Old
09-21-2011, 09:19 PM
Winnipeg Jets
Lucky #7

vCash: 1125
Does anyone have a good site for pictures from yesterday's home game? I want to work on some avatars with different players but the selection from jets.nhl.com is very limited.

Winnipeg Jets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-21-2011, 09:25 PM
Makeshift We Are
Harper is a fool.

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jet View Post
Go to the south side of the rink... go to the verrrrrry top row, then head another 4 blocks south.

My couch, front row That was a vid I found online.
Hahaha!! I was wondering because it looked like the same section as me. Although, we just have half a season.

Makeshift We Are is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-21-2011, 10:28 PM
ps241
atta boy JMo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guerzy View Post
Re; Bogosian, I think he's got enough tools to overcome his decision making in terms of when and when not to jump into the rush, what to do in his own end when he's only got that split second to make a decision, etc. The main thing I watched last night out of Bogosian was likely the most important thing, and that is confidence. He was confident in what he was doing, confident in his abilities, and you could tell. He made a few mistakes, but overall I think he did pretty well and displayed what kind of potential and tools he has and what kind of defenceman he can be. If he can ever put it all together - and I think he will, he could be one of the games better defenceman.

I personally think it's important to remember he is still just a 21 year old defenceman, and for a defenceman in the NHL, that is extremely young. While he has had 3 years experience under his belt, he's still so damn young. Give him time and be patient, that is key. To think in 4 years, which seems like a long time - he will still be just 25 years old and on the cusp of entering his prime years and at that point he'll have 7 years of NHL experience to his name.

At the end of the day, I think it's pretty clear and evident he's got the tools to be a potential top pairing defenceman, and a damn good one. However, I believe it's going to come down to coaching, experience and maturity. At his young age he is still quite raw and he needs that coach that can work with him and help him learn; I think Huddy is a great coach and person for that role for Zach.

Just another guys opinion. And the same could be said for any of our young guys in the NHL today, whether it be Kane or Burmistrov as well. Even Little, who turns 24 in November and has 4 years under his belt is still in the midst of putting it all together and figuring it out. It takes time and patience, but if the tools are there, and they're coachable, they've got a good chance.
Great post and I agree with "patience"

I had read allot on the boards from our Atlanta brothers (and sisters) and from what I can tell they were pretty accurate for the most part and We will need to be patient. zack has unique skills but his decision making skills will take time. If I was guessing and the Atlanta people were watching last night they would say that Bogo is still Bogo but last night he was showing improvement and played with more confidence although his judgment issues were still on full display at times

One small side note is when Scheifele as asked in his interview on 1290 today about who helped him out last night the first name he mentioned was Zack......Mark said Zack told him just before they took the ice to calm down and just get the puck deep and chase it for the first couple of shifts until you get your legs and relax....Mark said Bogo is one of the leaders and a guy he looks up to.

mark said also Ladd is the guy he watches closely but I thought it said something about Bogo to be held in high regard by the rook. Time will tell and the Atlanta gang prepped me well but on balance I am glad he is one of our boys

Last edited by ps241: 09-21-2011 at 10:43 PM.
ps241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-22-2011, 07:14 AM
YWGinYYZ
Global Moderator

vCash: 651
Quote:
Originally Posted by blues10 View Post
What were Bogo's final numbers for +/- last night?
Bogosian was -1 : full stats here. http://www.cbssports.com/nhl/teams/stats/WPG/preseason

YWGinYYZ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-22-2011, 10:04 AM
Prot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mungman View Post
I can't wait, my first game is next Wednesday (1/2 seasons), I'm gonna be stoked I hope my 8 yr old girl is ready to see dad cry
I have half season too.... I felt really 'excited' until it all started, then you go beyond tears... like the realization hits you- Yup, this is for real baby!

Be careful with your 8 year old in the halls between periods... it is simply too small for a packed house. The old Winnipeg arena you could swing a dead cat in the halls and not hit anyone between periods (even in a pretty full house).

Prot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-22-2011, 10:11 AM
tbcwpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by ps241 View Post
Great post and I agree with "patience"

I had read allot on the boards from our Atlanta brothers (and sisters) and from what I can tell they were pretty accurate for the most part and We will need to be patient. zack has unique skills but his decision making skills will take time. If I was guessing and the Atlanta people were watching last night they would say that Bogo is still Bogo but last night he was showing improvement and played with more confidence although his judgment issues were still on full display at times

One small side note is when Scheifele as asked in his interview on 1290 today about who helped him out last night the first name he mentioned was Zack......Mark said Zack told him just before they took the ice to calm down and just get the puck deep and chase it for the first couple of shifts until you get your legs and relax....Mark said Bogo is one of the leaders and a guy he looks up to.

mark said also Ladd is the guy he watches closely but I thought it said something about Bogo to be held in high regard by the rook. Time will tell and the Atlanta gang prepped me well but on balance I am glad he is one of our boys
I agree about Bogosian. I know one of the big things the Atlanta fans told us was that his decision making can be frustrating sometimes, and that chase around the net on Johansen's goal was definitely cringe-worthy. Overall I liked what he was doing though. I really hope that working with a defensive guy like Huddy will improve those parts of his game because he really showed great flashes.

tbcwpg is offline   Reply With Quote