HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Chicago Blackhawks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Salak (3) vs. Emery (0) VICTORY SALAK UNANIMOUS DECISION

Old
09-23-2011, 01:45 PM
digdug41982

vCash: 50
I don't like the way he plays for one. He's big, slow, positioning isn't as good as someone like Crawford, terrible vision, weak glove/blocker. I just don't think he's an NHL goalie, not a good one anyway. Yet for some reason, he is in, in my opinion, the most overrated player in the league AINEC. This guy isn't long for the NHL. He shouldn't be getting praise for the way he plays. On top of that, he has a terrible track record getting along with people and being a good teammate. It's just the way it is, and he can't stick in the league, we need the best we can get, and he's definitely not it. If it's Patrick Roy starting crap, hitting his wife and being an A-hole, you hate it but you keep him on the team and try to rehabilitate him. For a mediocre goalie like this, with a serious injury that took away from what little he had anyway, it's not even worth the dime to call him in, IMO.

digdug41982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2011, 02:11 PM
Hawkaholic

vCash: 500
Q saying both goalies are playing well, and last night's game wasn;t Emery's fault proves that this is still up in the air. You guys can twist it all you want, but Emery has gotten shelled compared to Salak in his time in net.

Salak may win, but this is far from over.

Hawkaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2011, 03:24 PM
Blackhawkswincup
Tornado Warning

vCash: 302
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkaholic View Post
Q saying both goalies are playing well, and last night's game wasn;t Emery's fault proves that this is still up in the air. You guys can twist it all you want, but Emery has gotten shelled compared to Salak in his time in net.

Salak may win, but this is far from over.
Q also said good things about Nick Boynton not long before he was sent packing

Blackhawkswincup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2011, 05:38 PM
LandofLincoln

I think Salak is ahead by a good bit. Emery does deserve a chance but probably will get it in the AHL. Emery is a guy that any playoff team would like as a backup. I think once he gets the rust off he will be fine, but needs more work.

LandofLincoln is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2011, 05:43 PM
Hawkaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhawkswincup View Post
Q also said good things about Nick Boynton not long before he was sent packing
Do you really want to play that game?

Q said good things about a lot of our players, some are correct, some are wrong.

What has Salak done so far to prove he is capable of being a backup?
Nothing, just like Emery. Salak has had zero pressure in his 2 appearences, Emery has been bombarded with shots. Both goalies haven't played behind a real NHL defense, it's way too early to say who it's going to be or that one is better than the other.

Old
09-23-2011, 05:56 PM
LandofLincoln

true story

Quote:
Do you really want to play that game?

Q said good things about a lot of our players, some are correct, some are wrong.

Nothing, just like Emery. Salak has had zero pressure in his 2 appearences, Emery has been bombarded with shots. Both goalies haven't played behind a real NHL defense, it's way too early to say who it's going to be or that one is better than the other.
It is to early to tell. Salak has done nothing...However, some players are the sentimental favorite and I think it is Salak's spot to lose. If Salak is average it is his spot. Emery may need to hit a 30/30 game shutout followed by a 1 goal game in order to unseat Salak. just opinion at this point but that is how I see it. Just calling it the way I think it is....

but you are right it is to early...true story!

Old
09-23-2011, 06:31 PM
Wasted Years
Where Eagles Dare

I only was able to watch the last game. Salak only had a couple of reasonably difficult chances. Emery did have more work. Salak has let in less goal (some were unstoppable for Emery). From last night I would choose Salak from what I saw. But I am not a coach or GM.

Wasted Years is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2011, 06:47 PM
LandofLincoln

I just watched the goals on Emery...Staal bounced one off a post nobody would have saved it...there was another on a redirect that he had no chance on so both goals I saw on the clip were no doubters no chance.

Old
09-23-2011, 07:23 PM
BobbyJet
HFB Partner

Quote:
Exactly, 3 of those goals last night against Emery ALL came off redirects in front of him. The 4th goal by Staal came way too late to mean anything.

As for Salak, he basically had the night off.

BobbyJet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2011, 06:49 PM
Blackhawkswincup
Tornado Warning

Emery 4.54 GAA and .813 SV% in 119 minutes
Salak 1.91 GAA, .929 SV% in 124 minutes

Jahns believes Emery will be Hawks #2 because of experience factor and fact Salak can be sent to AHL while Emery wouldn't accept demotion to AHL

God I hope he is wrong

Old
10-01-2011, 06:52 PM
HawksFan74
Tread Lightly

Quote:

Jahns believes Emery will be Hawks #2 because of experience factor and fact Salak can be sent to AHL while Emery wouldn't accept demotion to AHL

God I hope he is wrong
I don't care how the goals were scored, this says a ton. Please don't start Emery in any regular season games or go get another back up if it's easier to send Salak down. Emery has looked awful and the numbers do not lie. He's obviously slowed down a ton or still has lingering effects of the injury. Either way he is not NHL quality at this point. I'd rather have Huet as a back up if it wasn't for his cap hit.

HawksFan74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2011, 07:00 PM
massivegoonery

Should have snagged Endras off waivers, it would have made Bubba happy at least.

massivegoonery is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2011, 07:19 PM
Blackhawkswincup
Tornado Warning

Isles have a glut of goalies

Offer them a late pick for Mikko Koskinen or Nathan Lawson and have him as #1 for Hogs

Old
10-01-2011, 07:44 PM
digdug41982

Quote:
Isles have a glut of goalies

Offer them a late pick for Mikko Koskinen or Nathan Lawson and have him as #1 for Hogs
Good idea, one of many targets we can come up with as fans. This is not Q's decision, it's Stan and Scotty Bowman. They'll get this right.

digdug41982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2011, 08:04 PM
MTP
I Love Shinpads

Send a message via AIM to MTP
I'll be very angry if Emery doesn't get the boot. He's shown nothing positive in the time he's gotten.

MTP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2011, 08:49 PM
stingo

Salak should, and will get the backup job. He deserves it.

stingo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2011, 08:56 PM
Sarava

I thought at the beginning of training camp that Emery would win the job. But it seems Salak has clearly outplayed him. I hope Salak gets the job.

Sarava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2011, 08:57 PM
brevard*

If Salak gets the back up spot we will need someone for Rockford.

Anyone here with the stones to go on the main board and suggest we give Vancouver a 3rd and a mid level prospect for Schneider? Clearly pointing out that it would be to fill the hole in Rockford BEHIND Crawford and Salak.

C'mon now.

brevard* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2011, 09:18 PM
MTP
I Love Shinpads

Send a message via AIM to MTP
Quote:
Originally Posted by brevard View Post
If Salak gets the back up spot we will need someone for Rockford.

Anyone here with the stones to go on the main board and suggest we give Vancouver a 3rd and a mid level prospect for Schneider? Clearly pointing out that it would be to fill the hole in Rockford BEHIND Crawford and Salak.

C'mon now.

That's like stripping, covering yourself in syrup, blindfolding yourself and taking a swing at a hornet's nest with a baseball bat.

MTP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2011, 06:18 AM
TKS

Emery or NOT to Emery,...that is the question?

Quote:
Emery was better last night, as he had far more oppurtunites against than Salak.

Your posts regarding Emery are ridiculous. Stop posting.

The fact that Q gave him a passing grade, just like Salak, proves you are wrong.
Q gives everyone a passing grade (in front of the media,...that is). The truth will come out this week. I believe that Salak has truly EARNED that back up role. Salak looks bigger and faster in the net. Mind you,...the Emery thing is a nice story. But you know what makes a better story?....a Stanley Cup !!!

TKS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2011, 09:17 AM
Hawkaholic

I've tried supporting Emery since Day 1, but his time is up now.

As someone mentioned, talk to the Islanders, but get Montoya!

Old
10-02-2011, 10:10 AM
BobbyJet
HFB Partner

Quote:

God I hope he is wrong
The key stat there is the 119 and 124 minutes of playing time. To judge any player, never mind a goalie in pre-season, based on 2 games of playing time is ludicrous to say the least.
The prudent thing to do would be get them both signed, Emery to a 1 year and a two-way contract preferably, and assign one or the other to Rockford.

As already stated: if Emery is released we need a plan B. If that is the decision, there better be a replacement (preferably a veteran) close at hand and ready to sign.

BobbyJet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2011, 10:50 AM
Blackhawkswincup
Tornado Warning

Quote:
I've tried supporting Emery since Day 1, but his time is up now.

As someone mentioned, talk to the Islanders, but get Montoya!
Montoya showed alot last year for Isles ,, They will hold onto him because it is only a matter of time till Dipietro suffers season ending paper cut injury

Old
10-02-2011, 11:39 AM
Chris Hansen
THESE LEGS ARE FRESH

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyJet View Post
The key stat there is the 119 and 124 minutes of playing time. To judge any player, never mind a goalie in pre-season, based on 2 games of playing time is ludicrous to say the least.
The prudent thing to do would be get them both signed, Emery to a 1 year and a two-way contract preferably, and assign one or the other to Rockford.

As already stated: if Emery is released we need a plan B. If that is the decision, there better be a replacement (preferably a veteran) close at hand and ready to sign.
Emery could probably be convinced to play in Rockford if he was given a one-way deal.

I was really pulling for the guy and have nothing but respect for how he's battled back from that injury, but he simply hasn't been as good as Salak in the preseason. Salak deserves the backup job.

Last edited by Chris Hansen: 10-02-2011 at 11:46 AM.
Chris Hansen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2011, 11:46 AM
madgoat33

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyJet View Post

Are you serious? Emery looks HORRIBLE against minor leaguers, there's no way he should get a single minute of time with the hawks in the regular season. He's slow as all hell, his positioning is mediocre and it looks like he doesn't even see the puck most of the time.

madgoat33 is offline   Reply With Quote